Stop the negativity !!

Behrang(ISP)

King of Posts
Oct 16, 2002
www.iransportspress.com
What's with all of us. Yeah we don't have a great team but we are not playing three matches against Argentina in the first round and if we were I'd say we could tie at least one of them :)

Be a little positive for once for the next few weeks and see what happens. Who knows we might even win a match and possibly make it out of our group ... I'm tired of seeing all these negative posts everyday.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
if anything historically Iran plays ok matches against big teams.

we played an ok match against mexico. against germany.

Behrang is completely right. the bitching needs to really stop.

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
4 years ago people were bitching about Iran not being good enough to make it to the World Cup and now that we've made it those same people are bitching about TM not being good enough to play in this world cup . Iranians are the most negative people on the planet.

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
I'm going to enjoy watching our matches win or lose. It is not often Iran in any capacity is present at the world stage under positive circumstances. This will be one of the few chances we get to feel like a part of the world community.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Behrang jan you are 100% correct but don't you get it bro every Iranian has a freaking Ph.D in being negative. No matter what Iran fans will find a way to bitch. If we make it to the knockout stages and lose in a penalty shootout they will bitch that Iran didn't make it past the 2nd round. In 2010 I could understand because we didn't qualify but man we are some of the worst fans ever I'm just telling the truth because I don't see any other group of people hate on their team as much as we do.

Esmani is right we usually play ok against good teams we even lost 3-0 to Brazil in a friendly after the ref, (Oh who happened to be Arab) disallowed a perfectly good goal by Iran). We lost to Germany 2-0, we lost to Mexico 3-1 and I'll predict we will put up a fight against Argentina. Iran sometimes has problems against teams they should win like in 2006 when we tied against Angola, after Ali Daei missed a shot that I could have put in the back of the net( and I never played soccer in my life). That is what I'm worried about but I honestly think Iran will be competitive and put up a good showing for the world.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Given the team we have, we should all be fairly satisfied with 2 mild losses and a moderate one. A tie should be considered an achievement and a win should be considered a motherfucking trophy.

Making it out of this group with this team should be considered Iran's single most historic achievement in the past 6000 years.

So yeah don't be negative about what this team does in this World Cup. The only thing worth being negative about is the state of our football which remains pathetic no matter what happens in the World Cup.

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
I have hope and faith in our team and know they can surpass everyones expectation! Second round here we come! :) :).. And if we don't I'm sure we will play excellent football!

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
Given the team we have, we should all be fairly satisfied with 2 mild losses and a moderate one. A tie should be considered an achievement and a win should be considered a motherfucking trophy.

Making it out of this group with this team should be considered Iran's single most historic achievement in the past 6000 years.

So yeah don't be negative about what this team does in this World Cup. The only thing worth being negative about is the state of our football which remains pathetic no matter what happens in the World Cup.
I am sure you don't mean that and or are being sarcastic . Iran or Persia has achieved a lot in the last 6000 years . Even in sports I wouldn't consider this our big achievement . In my opinion what Iran did in the last Olympics was our biggest sport achievement even bigger than if Iran makes it out the group stage in the WC.

Feb 11, 2005
USA

People like you need to live a fantasy life some place in outer-space. TM will shine. I saw this clip the other night which Hamid Drakhshan a so-called an expert analyst on a program from Iran Spilled his GUTS OUT thinking the microphone is off! The way he talked it was as if Iran has no choice but lay down against Argentina and die!!!!! such a pathetic behavior from an ex-player. Negativity is fashion to many Iranians....

Go TM!

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Soroush,

if I were I would cool the pessimism a bit.

remember how negative you were before the korea game.

The reality is not we are not as bad as you say and we are certainly not as good as claiming we are top 3 Asian teams.

Behrang(ISP)

King of Posts
Oct 16, 2002
www.iransportspress.com

Haji, so much for keeping the negativity out of this thread. We got it. You think our federation is shit and so do most of the people on this forum but for the next few weeks let's be happy that we are in the World Cup and let's support OUR Team.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
There are too many threads about stopping the negativity. There is more talk about stopping the negativity than the negativity itself.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
There's nothing negative about Iran playing in this world cup. I love the fact that we're there. I'm hopeful and looking forward to good performances by Team Melli. The negativity is about how much better prepared we should really be and how different our expectations could be with just a bit of effort and delsoozi.

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
Haji, so much for keeping the negativity out of this thread. We got it. You think our federation is shit and so do most of the people on this forum but for the next few weeks let's be happy that we are in the World Cup and let's support OUR Team.
So you are saying for the next few weeks u want us all to act like as if we are deluded?

Everyone is happy that we are in the World Cup and everyone does support the team, but that doesn't mean we got to stop being realistic. Some people talk about qualifying from this group as if we are playing Maldives three times. Our biggest achievement was making it to the world cup. The rest is just a bonus.

Maly

Ball Boy
May 31, 2004
So you are saying for the next few weeks u want us all to act like as if we are deluded?

Everyone is happy that we are in the World Cup and everyone does support the team, but that doesn't mean we got to stop being realistic. Some people talk about qualifying from this group as if we are playing Maldives three times. Our biggest achievement was making it to the word cup. The rest is just a bonus.

No you re wrong, a team like Iran shouldn't be "just happy" to be at world cup. We have the potential to be the best in Asia quite easily and actually it is the opposite, not qualifying for the world cup would be a great dissapointment and not the opposite. We are not Qatar nor Kuwait. Iran has tens of thousands of players who have potential, with good preparation and management (which is definitely possible, look at all the other sports in which we are doing great), we can first come back within 2 years to be number 1 in Asia and a good team in the world because unlike Japan and Korea, we are genetically stronger physically, taller and much more powerfull and skillfull technically.

As for this world cup, we should expect Iran to play well, not maybe qualify out of the group which might be difficult but very possible but at least, play well and gain international experience which we lack a lot.

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
No you re wrong, a team like Iran shouldn't be "just happy" to be at world cup. We have the potential to be the best in Asia quite easily and actually it is the opposite, not qualifying for the world cup would be a great dissapointment and not the opposite. We are not Qatar nor Kuwait. Iran has tens of thousands of players who have potential, with good preparation and management (which is definitely possible, look at all the other sports in which we are doing great), we can first come back within 2 years to be number 1 in Asia and a good team in the world because unlike Japan and Korea, we are genetically stronger physically, taller and much more powerfull and skillfull technically.

As for this world cup, we should expect Iran to play well, not maybe qualify out of the group which might be difficult but very possible but at least, play well and gain international experience which we lack a lot.
Here u go Behrang. The exact type of delusional post you asked for. We are going to be the number one team in Asia in 1-2 years, we are going to qualify from the group, and our players are going to gain experience and come back and win the World Cup in four years :p lol

Oct 18, 2010