What are your predictions on the upcoming elections in Iran?

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Masoud jan , it is an election, albeit not by the people. The power brokers in Iran elect him. this is just like speculating who will take over the mafia in Montreal when the old boss is shot (which is still fun!)
Deerouz jaan - it is a "selection" but as you said it can be made fun of in so many ways.........to me the funniest part is the fact that all of them end up either dead, or jailed or having to flea the country!! There are roumers AN was arrested for several hours yesterday.....I doubt it to be true but funny indeed.... here is the photo that came with the AN arrest news!!
ANarrest.jpg

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Deerouz jaan - it is a "selection" but as you said it can be made fun of in so many ways.........to me the funniest part is the fact that all of them end up either dead, or jailed or having to flea the country!! There are roumers AN was arrested for several hours yesterday.....I doubt it to be true but funny indeed.... here is the photo that came with the AN arrest news!!
View attachment 33831
That picture is priceless. I posted this news in the news thread but didn't see it in any reliable source. But this is the 1st time I saw this picture. You would think even if he was arrested it wouldn't be in a police car in front of the cameras.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
What are your predictions on the upcoming elections in Iran?

My prediction is that:

Yekbar digar mardomeh hamisheh dar sahneh va goosh be farman rahbar farzaneh ba hozoor millioni khod hemaseh afaridand va mosht mohkami bar dahan estekbar jahani va farzand namshrooash zadeh va ...

Jun 18, 2005
Welcome. but you didn't name that special yummy fruit that is grown in Torghabeh/Anbaroon/Abardeh/Shandiz gardens. i give you a hint : it has the sour taste of gojeh sabz & the sweet taste of zard aloo in one unified taste known in Mashad as " mey khosh ". and it's great in abgoosht.

I was thinking Shalil but now I am not so sure. :D

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Welcome. but you didn't name that special yummy fruit that is grown in Torghabeh/Anbaroon/Abardeh/Shandiz gardens. i give you a hint : it has the sour taste of gojeh sabz & the sweet taste of zard aloo in one unified taste known in Mashad as " mey khosh ". and it's great in abgoosht.

Aloo nist mashdi?

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
I was thinking Shalil but now I am not so sure. :D
You are close as this fruit is from the family of Holoo , Shalil , Shaftaloo ,etc. with tiny bits of " kork " covering it's soft and smooth skin.

It's Tanazgol. what a fantastic fruit. and it's called Tan az gol because of it's soft and smooth skin.

Now , there is a reason why i mentioned the sweet & sour Tanazgol here. IRI had a sweet one in Khatami who was then replaced by the sour one in AN. to balance it all out they now need to go for a sweet & sour one , and that would be Ghalibaf from Torghabeh the land of sweet & sour soft-skinned Tanazgol.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2005
More so than Ahmadinejad in 2005???
You seem to be thinking that the elections in Iran has something to do with background, popularity, campaign etc. It does not. Iranian presidential elections are decided by the backroom fighting between power players. In this particular case, discounting Khamenei/Jebheh Paydari would be a gross miscalculation.
AhmadiNejad in 2005 was Mayor of Tehran and former governor of Ardebil. Comparing to the likes of Rafsanjani he was a huge underdog but still he had some executive experience. Lankarani has not really held any meaningful positions to talk about. Or I am not aware of any.

Jalili is a different story and I can see him being selected but like I said not elected. Charisma is not his deal. His PhD thesis is on "Muhammad's foreign policy". What a snoozer...that will surely motivate the voters to go his way. Plus with the guy being in war and having his leg amputated and all the positions that he has held when did he have the time to even get his PhD? All that will come out if he runs.

So you think Jalili/ Lankarani are more favs of Khamenei than Velayati or Hadad?!

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
You are close as this fruit is from the family of Holoo , Shalil , Shaftaloo ,etc. with tiny bits of " kork " covering it's soft and smooth skin.

It's Tanazgol. what a fantastic fruit. and it's called Tan az gol because of it's soft and smooth skin.

Now , there is a reason why i mentioned the sweet & sour Tanazgol here. IRI had a sweet one in Khatami who was then replaced by the sour one in AN. to balance it all out they now need to go for a sweet & sour one , and that would be Ghalibaf from Torghabeh the land of sweet & sour soft-skinned Tanazgol.
پس بوگو که تنزگل چیچی. اقای احمدی***نژاد لنکرانی را گفت مثل هلو میموند و خانم دستجردی را هم گفت مثل تنزگلی میموند که ته وانت یخده له*** شده!

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
AhmadiNejad in 2005 was Mayor of Tehran and former governor of Ardebil. Comparing to the likes of Rafsanjani he was a huge underdog but still he had some executive experience. Lankarani has not really held any meaningful positions to talk about. Or I am not aware of any.

Jalili is a different story and I can see him being selected but like I said not elected. Charisma is not his deal. His PhD thesis is on "Muhammad's foreign policy". What a snoozer...that will surely motivate the voters to go his way. Plus with the guy being in war and having his leg amputated and all the positions that he has held when did he have the time to even get his PhD? All that will come out if he runs.

So you think Jalili/ Lankarani are more favs of Khamenei than Velayati or Hadad?!
No but they are Mesbah's cronies. If Kh wants to throw the crocodile a bone those two are it. I think deerooz was hinting at Mesbah's dog in this fight.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
پس بوگو که تنزگل چیچی. اقای احمدی نژاد لنکرانی را گفت مثل هلو میموند و خانم دستجردی را هم گفت مثل تنزگلی میموند که ته وانت یخده له شده!

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
I think the monkey that they sent to space should run. He has better credentials than all the other ones running combined.

عجب ناکسی است این مشایی! /پیامبر، امام زمان، و ولی فقیه را یکجا دور زده و خودش مستقیم به آسمان کانال ارتباطی زده است!

مملکتی که امام زمانش ته چاه زندگی می کند، صلاحیت یک نفر فاسد نیز از آسمان ها تایید می شود...!

طنز تاریخ است که حزب اللهی جماعت، با افتخار ایران را مملکت امام زمان می نامند، و آنقدر این
کلام احمقانه تکرار شده که دیگر کسی نمی گوید:

«این امام زمان اگر عرضه داشت، خودش از ته چاه بیرون می آمد و مثل آدم زندگی می کرد..!»

تیم احمدی نژاد را باید با دزدان دریایی سومالی مقایسه کرد، و مشاعی یکی از فاسد ترین افراد تیم احمدی نژاد است، حال این خدایی که در آسمان است، چگونه صلاحیت مشایی را تیید می کند؟!

البته در این میان، کار مشایی بامزه است و در نوع خود ابتکاری مجسوب می شود. چرا که در رژیم اسلامی، ارتباط با خدا سلسله مراتبی دارد و همینطور کشکی (!) نیست، و برای ارتباط با خدا، باید این روند طی شود: ولی فقیه- امام زمان، امام یازدهم، امام دهم، امام نهم....، امام اول، پیامبر اسلام، و دست آخر خدا!

حالا مشایی معتقد است که مستقیم به خدا وصل است و صلاحیت خود را از آسمان ها می گیرد...! (منبع)

پی نوشت:
در کشورهای متمدن که سیستم بهداشتی درستی دارد، معمولا اگر کسی مدعی شود نماینده خدا است و یا به آسمان ها وصل است، او راه به دلیل بیماری روانی، به بخش روانی بیمارستان منتقل می کنند، چون ممکن است به خودش و بقیه آسیب برساند..!

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Here's how things are shaping up:

* "Coalition of 5" also called "Followers of Imam's Line" and "Conservatives Majority Alliance": Largest Principlist group to pick 1 candidate from Bahonar, Mottaki, Ale Eshaq, Aboutorabi Fard, and Pourmohammadi (the latter two having joined from the "Combatant Clergy Association"). We will know which candidate on May 7th (day of the registration).

* "Coalition of 3" also called "Progression Alliance": 2nd largest Principlist group to pick 1 candidate from Ghalibaf, Haddad Adel and Velayati. We will know which candidate on May 7th (day of the registration).

* "The Perseverance Front" also called "Front of Islamic Revolutionary Stability": Another Principlist group has already picked Lankarani as its representative and has no plans to join the other groups.

* "United Front of Conservatives": One candidate to be picked on Monday (May 6th) from Larijani and Zakani

* "The Cabinet Front": This is AN's group and will pick their candidate a week from today (May 11th) from Mashaei, Elham, Rahimi, Hashemi, Nikzad, Baqai, Babaee.

My personal notes:

* I think the race is between Mottaki and Bahonar on the party of 5 ;)

* Ghalibaf sounds like the obvious choice on the Coalition of 3, although the others should not be dismissed.

* Lankarani already picked from that group,

* Larijani seems a no brainer for the group with the gayest name.

* Mashaei would pretty much be a done deal for the Cabinet Front - may as well have called themselves the Door Knobs ;). But it looks like AN's not putting all his eggs in one basket and all the candidates in this group will register to feel out the Guardian Council - that would most likely explain the May 11th deadline for this group. Does anyone know how long the GC has to reject a candidate from the time they've registered?

* The rest are either reformists, haven't announced their candidacy (like Jalili) or running as independants (like Rezaei)

I would completely dismiss the last group as having any real chance at this point. So with 40 days to go, it looks like the real race is going to be between Mottaki, Ghalibaf, Lankarani, Larijani and Mashaei (pending his approval by the GC).

Last edited:

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
You are close as this fruit is from the family of Holoo , Shalil , Shaftaloo ,etc. with tiny bits of " kork " covering it's soft and smooth skin. It's Tanazgol. what a fantastic fruit. and it's called Tan az gol because of it's soft and smooth skin. Now , there is a reason why i mentioned the sweet & sour Tanazgol here. IRI had a sweet one in Khatami who was then replaced by the sour one in AN. to balance it all out they now need to go for a sweet & sour one , and that would be Ghalibaf from Torghabeh the land of sweet & sour soft-skinned Tanazgol.
And it just happens that the season for Tanazgol fruit has started in Torghabeh.that's where the next so called president is from.

Yummy.