World Cup 2018 Draw

Oct 18, 2010
carlos is upbeat ready and very happy with the draw.
he said everyone wanted iran in their group and we
didn't want any particular group.

[video=youtube;Ur6um2eSo_4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur6um2eSo_4[/video]

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
The thing is, if we don't get at least a draw against Morocco, the players will have lost all their hopes against Spain and Portugal. Then we may be witnessing the most disastrous WC ever, not only in terms of results, but also in terms of game play!

The Morocco game is so important on so many levels, I don't know where to begin. The problem is that they think the same about Iran!

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Actually there's no reason why we should!
There are plenty of reasons we can beat Morroco , remember 4 years ago you said Argentina wll demolish us and in the end they were lucky to have the ref on their side and Messi in the 91st minute !

Yeah Morocco is a good team but we have not been a bad team either in the last few years , hopefully we have a better preparation this time and being our second world cup in the row and their first in 20 odd years why shouldn't we go into this game with every chance of beating them ?

May 12, 2007
I know you are not serious, but even if such fantasy where to be true how would that make Iran advance over Spain? In this scenario Iran would end up with 4 points, Portugal with 7 and Spain with 6, unless you are also assuming Morocco beats Spain too??
I know. But weren't we saying the same thing before Iran Argentine last world cup?

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
[video=youtube;9fLGohMPcbE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fLGohMPcbE[/video]
Damn, the Moroccans are very good! Fast and technical, playing one touch football!

It's not easy to score 3 goals on South Korea, let alone in one half! Even in a friendly!

Oct 18, 2010
[FONT=&quot]Spain 1-0 Portugal[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Iran 0-0 Morocco [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Portugal 0-0 Morocco [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Iran 0-0 Spain[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Spain 2-0 Morocco [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Iran 0-0 Portugal [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Spain 7 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Iran 3[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Portugal 2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Morocco 2 [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]R-16 Iran 0-0 Russia (win in penalties)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]QF Iran 0-0 France (win in penalties) [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]SF Iran 0-0 Brazil (win in penalties) [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Final Iran 0-0 Argentina (win in penalties) [/FONT]

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Iran's chance is really really slim, but USA was almost in similar group as us four years a go(in level of difficulty), with Germany, Portugal and Ghana and managed to finish 2nd. Portugal failed to advance.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Optimism is most often a good thing, but the optimism of some Iranian fans have just blown so much out of proportion that is seems they have lost all touch with reality. Advancing through this group before Spain or Portugal?? Is this something people truly believe is possible or something that is fun to say to cheer up fans? Im confused.

Sure, there is ALWAYS a possibility for everything, Trump is a living proof of that. BUT, in this case there is a higher possibility of Iceland winning the entire world cup than Iran advancing through this group.
England, Italy, uruguay and Costa Rica 2014. Some good friendlies and a lot of luck needed though. A tie or loss for us against Morocco is definitely end of any hope.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
According to ESPN, Group B odds of advancing:

Spain 83%
Portugal 63%
Iran 27%
Morocco 27%

Personally I think ESPN is high. Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper high. Irans chances are more like 5%.

Last edited:

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Iran should consider friendlies against teams such as Holland, France, Croatia, Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria.

We need to at least face one big names to avoid having extra-stress and fear. Just the same way as U-17 did with France and Mexico few weeks before the start of the tournament and we all saw the result.

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
I know. But weren't we saying the same thing before Iran Argentine last world cup?
We did, and in the end we lost just as expected, even if we stood up great against them. I think its great that you mention this match, because I believe that in any competition/match its OK to hold your head up high if you give everything you have and do your very best but still loose. But never in my life have I seen fans CELEBRATE a LOSS the way we did after loosing against Argentina. I just cant get it around my head, and never have I seen this phenomena anywhere else in the world

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
The first game is a must win, anything else beside a win will put TM in typical "if and when" speculations, which we suck at.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
We did, and in the end we lost just as expected, even if we stood up great against them. I think its great that you mention this match, because I believe that in any competition/match its OK to hold your head up high if you give everything you have and do your very best but still loose. But never in my life have I seen fans CELEBRATE a LOSS the way we did after loosing against Argentina. I just cant get it around my head, and never have I seen this phenomena anywhere else in the world

I personally cried and was devastated. You must be an idiot if you cheer after that result. It was very honorable and respectful but nothing to cheer about as we fell short :12: