Esteghlal - Perspolis [R] & comments

mashtnaghi

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
I think given Taj’s performance this year, their fans went to this match rightfully worried, and fearing the possibility of an embarrassing loss. When all of sudden they found themselves 1-0 ahead with a few minutes to go, they went from fearing to lose to almost have won it, and felt an achievement beyond their expectations.

Aug 26, 2005
I think given Taj’s performance this year, their fans went to this match rightfully worried, and fearing the possibility of an embarrassing loss. When all of sudden they found themselves 1-0 ahead with a few minutes to go, they went from fearing to lose to almost have won it, and felt an achievement beyond their expectations.
Considering we've been beating you guys for the most part of 4 years, I highly doubt we'd sway that much.

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
With all due respect, it was quite clear Esteghlal was sitting back and relying on it's strength (or whatever is left of it) - defense.
Some stats:

Esteghlal ... # of Goals for = 13 ... # of Goals against = 13
only Shirin Faraz has more 'goals against' (14)
only Sepahan and Persepolis have more 'goals for' (14 & 18)

These stats explain perfectly why Esteghlal needed to rely on its defense as its strength!!!! :confused- :confused- :mymistake:mymistake

Aug 26, 2005
Some stats:

Esteghlal ... # of Goals for = 13 ... # of Goals against = 13
only Shirin Faraz has more 'goals against' (14)
only Sepahan and Persepolis have more 'goals for' (14 & 18)

These stats explain perfectly why Esteghlal needed to rely on its defense as its strength!!!! :confused- :confused- :mymistake:mymistake
Did you forget to mention that it was one of the few games where we had our full defense back?

Eshghi jan, I put in parenthesis "what's left of it" referring to this year's poor form. But it is undeniable that we have been the best defensive team in the past few years.

Arian

Elite Member
Oct 28, 2004
Seattle
You're funny. How about you go and look at the highlights you used to list Esteghlal's chances and do the same for Perspolis - if you're being fair that is.
Dude.. in Roghan_Nabati ro vel kon...

He lists shots that were blocked by the defence as CHANCES lol
and then the last ditch tackle from Heidari normal play.

Classic PP fan.. bullshitting and denying they got their asses handed to them.

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
Furthermore, just because he made good saves and good exists doesn't mean you guys were necessarily causing us headaches.
Of course!

Persepolis was not causing SS any headaches.
Yes, Talebloo was making saves, but against his own teammates.
And the rest of you who think Talebloo got the MVP because of the saves he had to make against Perspolis are stupid. He got it because he played incredible yeh-ghol-do-ghol with his balls during the game.

Aug 26, 2005
Um okay. Who else deserved to win it? Really, Bagheri was probably your best player for most the game and he didn't really deserve it. Vahid must have won it, as you said, playing ye-ghol-do-ghol.
6000th

mashtnaghi

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Considering we've been beating you guys for the most part of 4 years, I highly doubt we'd sway that much.
You know that is a lame answer. First of all your statment is debatable. At any rate we are talking about this year. You know Taj has not been good so far and the odds for them losing this match was high. That is why Taj was playing counter attack. It was a good plan and almost paid off. But, as for them being the better team goes, just give me a break. Better teams don't play counter attack.

Aug 26, 2005
You know that is a lame answer. First of all your statment is debatable. At any rate we are talking about this year. You know Taj has not been good so far and the odds for them losing this match was high. That is why Taj was playing counter attack. It was a good plan and almost paid off. But, as for them being the better team goes, just give me a break. Better teams don't play counter attack.
How is it lame? It is fact. Before the game last year Esteghlal was undefeated against Perspolis for something like 1100 days?

Taj not being good koja and tars as Perspolis koja? Somehow we all mystically feared you guys so much so that when we did get ahead we fooled ourselves? Yeah, Italy and Greece would like to put their hands up for your definition of a 'better team'.

And more broadly, I didn't say Esteghlal has been the better team this year, I am talking about this 1 game. Trying to bring what's happened thus far, conveniently leaving out 3-4 years of domination, and asserting that is why Esteghlali fans are deluded is...well...lame?

mashtnaghi

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
How is it lame? It is fact. Before the game last year Esteghlal was undefeated against Perspolis for something like 1100 days?

Taj not being good koja and tars as Perspolis koja? Somehow we all mystically feared you guys so much so that when we did get ahead we fooled ourselves? Yeah, Italy and Greece would like to put their hands up for your definition of a 'better team'.

And more broadly, I didn't say Esteghlal has been the better team this year, I am talking about this 1 game. Trying to bring what's happened thus far, conveniently leaving out 3-4 years of domination, and asserting that is why Esteghlali fans are deluded is...well...lame?
Aziz jaan, which is it, are you looking at this one match or the past few years? You argue the first and present your views on the second. Italy is a defensive team but at the same time has a great attack. Taj is not a defensive team. They played that way due to their weaknesses this year. They executed their plan very well. If you claim that Taj and their fans were not worried this year, you are in denial. Just take a look at all the “emergency meeting” type of posts here on ISP..

Aug 26, 2005
Aziz jaan, which is it, are you looking at this one match or the past few years? You argue the first and present your views on the second. Italy is a defensive team but at the same time has a great attack. Taj is not a defensive team. They played that way due to their weaknesses this year. They executed their plan very well. If you claim that Taj and their fans were not worried this year, you are in denial. Just take a look at all the “emergency meeting” type of posts here on ISP..
I was referring to 1 match, you were referring to the year. I implied if we're going to base such a generalisation - that Esteghlalis feared Perspolis and because of that we overestimate our team - on the basis of 9 weeks of football, how about we look even broader into the last few years of football? Because the first 9 weeks this year is just a convenient period for you to point to.

Now you're saying Taj fans were worried based on our 'emergency meetings' on a football forum?

I can only speak for myself, as you can only speak for yourself, and I have, even in the prediction part, said Esteghlal would win. I go against your theory, so what is it for me? I haven't been fearing you guys to go and overestimate my side, what now?

Sep 3, 2007
Dude.. in Roghan_Nabati ro vel kon...

He lists shots that were blocked by the defence as CHANCES lol
and then the last ditch tackle from Heidari normal play.

Classic PP fan.. bullshitting and denying they got their asses handed to them.
man oon sahnaro tooye bazi nadide boodam badan tooye siteha didam va tooye ghesmaty ke ghablan neweshtam oono hesab kardam.
mogheiate nikbakht ke be paye defa khord ba mogheiate majidi ke defa az posht toopo zad ziad farghi nadasht hardosh be yek andaze khatarnak bood.
man mogheiat ro migam na inke bazikon be che soorat zarbaro zad .
oon bahsesh jodast va dige taghsire morrabi nist.
agar sahneyi wojood dashte ke man nagoftam begin ke bedoonam..
nimeye awal ro man ta alan 3 bar negah kardam , be joz tak be take borhani esteghlal hatta yek barham khatar ijad nakard.
nimeye dowomham ke esteghlal behtar bazi kard bazham 60-40 bazi be naafe persepolis bood.
nimeye awal ke 90% bazi daste persepolis bood...filmeshham mojoode beirn beshinin ba aramesh negah konin ta befahmin koodoom tim ba barname tar bood.
tooye kolle bazi persepolis ba khoonsardy az defae khodesh bazisazi mikard va mioomad jeloo wali esteghlal fagaht chand ta harekate enferadi anjam dad...hamin...

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
baba in esteghlalia ro val konid. ina felan rotbe 11 hom hastan ozashon kharabe. asab masab nadaran lol :D :p. yek derby mosavi kardan koli khoshhalana. khodeshon midonestan ke momken bod yek 3 4 taie bokhoran vally khob be mosavi hamashon razi bodan. lets just wait 2 weeks. vaghti ke ma ham sepahan va ham esteghlal ahvazo ro bordim dige harfi baraye goftan nadaran ke hamash ba teame tahe jadvali bazi mikonid.

:bye: :bye: :--zaboon:

Jul 28, 2007
Kaz jan,
Esteghlal FC officially announces Talebloo as man of the match and still you're trying to bend the facts and keep stomping your feet. Dude, there's nothing wrong to be passionate and excited about your club or amir ghalehnoee but it's wrong to change the course of discussion and az in shakheh be in shakheh paridan vaseh har tojihi. You just keep wasting everybody's time on the forum. Again I would love to see some healthy debates on the forum, and we don't lack that on this forum, but look back over the past 6 months how many times over how many subjetcs you have ended up arguing uselessly with how many members whether blue/red/neutral, akharesh ham ba chand tashoon karet be foshsho fohsh kari resideh. Honestly I don't know anybody else on this forum who has achieved that. (ummm..may be roghan nabati!)
May be when you age a bit more..... or shayad vaghti digar.

Jan 13, 2006
ba inke perspolis khoob bazi nakard valy bazi dastesh bood..age roodbarian oon goal e sade ro nemikhord bakhte esteghlal hatmi bood; oon goal perspolis ro 10 daghigheyii az ham pashid; perspolis dar badtarin roozesh az esteghlal kheili behtar bazi kard; ishalla bazie badi jobran mikonim; ye chize dige ham hamoontor ke kheiliatoon goftin bazi ba teamaye tahe jadvali sakhte..kori nemikhoonam..jeddy migam; esteghlal chizi baraye az dast dadan nadasht; faghat abia ino bedoonan ke tahte har sharayeti perspolis sarvareshoon boode o khahad booooooood..chaks

Jan 13, 2006
حجازى خطاب به بازيكنان:

ديديد صدرنشين ليگ
فوتبال بلد نبود!
Akhe in harfe?!!!!!! ishoon mardomo chi farz kardan ke inaro migan?!

Jan 13, 2006
Hejazi zaheran bazikone khoobi boode..be senne man ghad nemide; too darvazebani ostooreye man abedzadast..anyway,,in aghaye Hejazi kodoom kelase morabbi gari sherkat karde ke inchenin sokhanrani mikone..chon bazikone khoobi(injoori migan) boode morabbie khoobie?!!!nokhbehaye football e donya ham ke mosallaman shoooor footbalishoon az in agha kheili bishtare baad az bazi kardan miran donbale madrak gereftan o khodeshoon ro update negah dashtan ba football e rooz; hala in agha miad az afshin ghotbiyii irad migire ke khoob ya bad ye morabbie tahsilkaradst baraye khodesh.. haddaghal ba elme football ashnast o midone chi kar dare mikone..kodoom teami too donya ba morabbie sonnati natije gerefte ke ina dovvomish bashan..masalan Varmarziar chi az 4-4-2 midoone..koja yad gerefte?!!! chi daran be bazikonashoon began..

Aug 26, 2005
Kaz jan,
Esteghlal FC officially announces Talebloo as man of the match and still you're trying to bend the facts and keep stomping your feet. Dude, there's nothing wrong to be passionate and excited about your club or amir ghalehnoee but it's wrong to change the course of discussion and az in shakheh be in shakheh paridan vaseh har tojihi. You just keep wasting everybody's time on the forum. Again I would love to see some healthy debates on the forum, and we don't lack that on this forum, but look back over the past 6 months how many times over how many subjetcs you have ended up arguing uselessly with how many members whether blue/red/neutral, akharesh ham ba chand tashoon karet be foshsho fohsh kari resideh. Honestly I don't know anybody else on this forum who has achieved that. (ummm..may be roghan nabati!)
May be when you age a bit more..... or shayad vaghti digar.
How am I bending facts? I asked specifically, if Talebloo from our side didn't deserve it, who from your side should have?

What we need on this forum is people sticking to some facts, some common sense and stop trying to shove their bias down other people's throats. If you have an argument - and I don't mean that in an aggressive way - make one and state your case clearly.

In this case you are generalising: Talebloo is man of the match so Perspolis MUST have had great chances. Um, no you didn't, and that was my point. Not only did you not have a stand out player you had hardly any standout chances. Talebloo won it because he was a bit better than everybody else, not because, as you would like to imply, he was saving our asses because Perspolis was dominating. What is worse is you mistake this kind of thinking for 'facts' and imply I am bending them.

Let's have opinions based on some reasoning; let's even disagree.

Jan 13, 2006
حجازى سپس به صحنه تك به تك برهانى با نصرتى در دقايق پايانى نيمه اول اشاره كرد و گفت: آقاى برهانى چرا در آن صحنه تك به تك خودت را زمين نزدى
Molahezeh mikonid?!! taktike rooze donyaro mibini?!avaze inke ye barnameye moshakhas be teameshoon bedan ke ba dashtan behtarin bazikonaye league(23;4 ta bazikone khoob daran) injaye jadval nabashan bebin sare tamrinashoon chia yad midan..