Esteghlal - Perspolis [R] & comments

mashtnaghi

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
I was referring to 1 match, you were referring to the year. I implied if we're going to base such a generalisation - that Esteghlalis feared Perspolis and because of that we overestimate our team - on the basis of 9 weeks of football, how about we look even broader into the last few years of football? Because the first 9 weeks this year is just a convenient period for you to point to.

Now you're saying Taj fans were worried based on our 'emergency meetings' on a football forum?

I can only speak for myself, as you can only speak for yourself, and I have, even in the prediction part, said Esteghlal would win. I go against your theory, so what is it for me? I haven't been fearing you guys to go and overestimate my side, what now?
Persepolis was not doing well in the early part of last year. If red fans claim they were not worried about the derby last year, they are in denial too. Of course, I am considering Taj’s performance this whole year. What do you want me to consider? Last year’s? So, since the 6-0 win Persepolis has always faced Taj with full confidence in winning, regardless of the strength of team in the year? Of course not. What do you mean you did not fear the reds? Were you on the pitch? Taj did not come to this match with confidence of winning, thus the counter attack approach. Point closed. If you think otherwise then you are entitled to your opinion.

Aug 26, 2005
Thanks, great to have an opinion noted.

Persepolis was not doing well in the early part of last year. If red fans claim they were not worried about the derby last year, they are in denial too. Of course, I am considering Taj’s performance this whole year. What do you want me to consider? Last year’s? So, since the 6-0 win Persepolis has always faced Taj with full confidence in winning, regardless of the strength of team in the year? Of course not. What do you mean you did not fear the reds? Were you on the pitch? Taj did not come to this match with confidence of winning, thus the counter attack approach. Point closed. If you think otherwise then you are entitled to your opinion.
I do think otherwise, I don't think just because a team is defensive they're scared. Far from. And I am not, neither are most Esteghlal fans, that simple to be swayed into believing our side played well when it didn't. If you have noticed, we've been criticising them this whole season thus far. But for someone to make that point that we are overestimating our performance because we didn't expect to be in front is presumptuous.

Jul 28, 2007
He didn't make as many mistakes.
1) Well KAZ jan, you've done it again. That is putting the noose around your neck. Or Kazesque rationality elapses. or just playing with words to the level of intellecutual suicide.
2) My friend, is this how they award the MVP title to a player in your book? May be just according to you! (which I respect your opinion). But not according to common sense and of course wikipedia. "In football, the award typically goes to a player on the winning side. Players who score a brace or a hat trick, or goalkeepers who keep a clean sheet under resounding pressure often get the award..."
3) Kaz jan, I believe that there was NO "resounding" pressure on Vahid. But, relatively speaking and in the eyes of Esteghlal FC and Iranian football experts and respectable print media (such as jahanefootball), man-of-the-match award goes to Vahid. This says a lot.
4) Please don't get me wrong. I'm not implying PP was the better side, or eses was too bad. No! I believe both sides showed a miserable performance but I cannot definitely accept that PP was lucky and eses had a better game plan. That's plain rediculous.
4) There are a lot of respectable members on this forum. If sometimes they don't respond to silly posts don't misread it as you've won the argument. No, on the contrary, they may have just given up hope on a lost cause or just simply don't have that much time to kill.
5) To name a few (donbale yargiri ham nistam): Payandeh Iran, Niloufar, Aghashoja, Oghabalborz, Family Zirak, mashtnaghi, BiAzar, eshghi (the list goes on and on). Why can't we all learn from their tolerance, capacity to debate and understand. If only.
6) Kaz jan, I believe within the past 7-8 years that I've known ISP, thru reading the posts, I was constantly reminded that learning is a lifelong process. I wish we could also learn to become more learning-oriented individually and collectively, rather than 'I know' oriented.
7) and as someone said:
LIfe is a kind of game. Once you realize this, you can do lots of things, even unpleasant things, for the sake of learning and growth--without being encumbered by the weight of negativity.

Dooste To
Ramin

Aug 26, 2005
1) Well KAZ jan, you've done it again. That is putting the noose around your neck. Or Kazesque rationality elapses. or just playing with words to the level of intellecutual suicide.
Um, you were saying..."playing with words?".

2) My friend, is this how they award the MVP title to a player in your book? May be just according to you! (which I respect your opinion). But not according to common sense and of course wikipedia. "In football, the award typically goes to a player on the winning side. Players who score a brace or a hat trick, or goalkeepers who keep a clean sheet under resounding pressure often get the award..."
Let's not pretend we don't know what man of the match means and how it is awarded. Usually, yes, 'often' as Wikipedia says it does - and when they get clean sheets, in the case of keepers. But there were no stand-outs in the game. Not on our side NOR yours. And I even entertained the notion that you may THINK someone else deserved to which I asked: Who?

To me (my opinion) is that nobody did, because the game was largely poor in terms of individual involvement. Talebloo, to his credit, stopped 1-2 dangerous chances and the rest were routine saves/exists. If you can refute that, DO SO WITH FACTS/EXAMPLES. Don't refer to the definition of a man of the match, if you can't even exemplify your case by correlating your argument with the relevant facts/examples.

3) Kaz jan, I believe that there was NO "resounding" pressure on Vahid. But, relatively speaking and in the eyes of Esteghlal FC and Iranian football experts and respectable print media (such as jahanefootball), man-of-the-match award goes to Vahid. This says a lot.
My friend, even I'd say he was the man of the match. But that has zilch to do with Perspolis pressuring Esteghlal or dominating them. Nothing. It was because he was, as individual performances go, the best. But that's not saying much when everybody else was pretty average - which is the whole point.

4) Please don't get me wrong. I'm not implying PP was the better side, or eses was too bad. No! I believe both sides showed a miserable performance but I cannot definitely accept that PP was lucky and eses had a better game plan. That's plain rediculous.
4) There are a lot of respectable members on this forum. If sometimes they don't respond to silly posts don't misread it as you've won the argument. No, on the contrary, they may have just given up hope on a lost cause or just simply don't have that much time to kill.
Then what are you arguing for? That I said Esteghlal was the better side, because I didn't really? I said it was relatively even. I didn't even say Esteghlal had a better game plan, I said: the game-plan that they DID have they executed better than Perspolis.

And I don't care for winning arguments. I care for debunking non-sense and bias and the type of bullshit we keep hearing day in and day out: Esteghlal gets help from the refs; Esteghlal gets more money from the govt., etc.

5) To name a few (donbale yargiri ham nistam): Payandeh Iran, Niloufar, Aghashoja, Oghabalborz, Family Zirak, mashtnaghi, BiAzar, eshghi (the list goes on and on). Why can't we all learn from their tolerance, capacity to debate and understand. If only.
You name some great members and I agree. Not just because of their tolerance but because they're less likely to bullcrap on about their own agenda and stick to facts and common sense. Disagreeing with people's opinions is fine and these members and others will disagree. As long as it is consistent and logical then there is no reason for a to-and-fro that never ends.

6) Kaz jan, I believe within the past 7-8 years that I've known ISP, thru reading the posts, I was constantly reminded that learning is a lifelong process. I wish we could also learn to become more learning-oriented individually and collectively, rather than 'I know' oriented.
That's great, furthermore when we practice what we preach. ;)

7) and as someone said:
LIfe is a kind of game. Once you realize this, you can do lots of things, even unpleasant things, for the sake of learning and growth--without being encumbered by the weight of negativity.

Dooste To
Ramin
That's great Ramin jan, hopefully we'll all grow.

Last edited:

red-devils

Bench Warmer
Aug 17, 2007
aziz jan . you are wasting your time with kazem:sorry:.. this is the same guy who said we played BEAUTIFUL football in asian cup against south korea and china !!!!!

kazem jan. man age jaye fatolah zade boodam to ro vakil eses mikardam. fekr kon age to jaye oon vakil eses boodi alan shooma be khatere yek letter va 2 ta stamp hazf nashoode boodin loooooooooooooooooooooooooool jk

Aug 26, 2005
aziz jan . you are wasting your time with kazem:sorry:.. this is the same guy who said we played BEAUTIFUL football in asian cup against south korea and china !!!!!
Here we go again, baseless comments, no facts, all agenda.

I never said we played beautifully at all. The most I ever complimented the team was that we were the better side compared to our opponents, and at the least never inferior, as we were in the last Asian Cup.

kazem jan. man age jaye fatolah zade boodam to ro vakil eses mikardam. fekr kon age to jaye oon vakil eses boodi alan shooma be khatere yek letter va 2 ta stamp hazf nashoode boodin loooooooooooooooooooooooooool jk

Ali jan, man age jaye Iran Varzeshi boodam maghalehaye toro mikharidan. Oonha ke mikhan dastan az khodeshoon besaazan, ki behtar az to? :)

red-devils

Bench Warmer
Aug 17, 2007
Here we go again, baseless comments, no facts, all agenda.

I never said we played beautifully at all. The most I ever complimented the team was that we were the better side compared to our opponents, and at the least never inferior, as we were in the last Asian Cup.

Ali jan, man age jaye Iran Varzeshi boodam maghalehaye toro mikharidan. Oonha ke mikhan dastan az khodeshoon besaazan, ki behtar az to? :)
hala hafeze boland modatet kharab shoode aziz vali post hat hast hanooz. age lazem midooni ghorboonet edit nakon hich kodoomeshoono ta beram vasat biaram radif konam. khoobe??

iran varzeshi??? i dont mind be khooda. man mamnoonet ham misham . dastet talla
faghat man sharmande harfam pishe fatolahzade kharidar nadare ke sefareshe to ro konam , age dasht zoodtar ziiire paye naser hejazi rokhali mikardam ke bere khoone inghadr hers nakhoore

Aug 26, 2005
hala hafeze boland modatet kharab shoode aziz vali post hat hast hanooz. age lazem midooni ghorboonet edit nakon hich kodoomeshoono ta beram vasat biaram radif konam. khoobe??
Baleh, aslan dast nemizanam. Bebinam koja man neveshtam "we're playing beautiful football". Taze, agar chizi ro avaz konam ke ro khode post minivise ke edit shode :--boos:.

iran varzeshi??? i dont mind be khooda. man mamnoonet ham misham . dastet talla
faghat man sharmande harfam pishe fatolahzade kharidar nadare ke sefareshe to ro konam , age dasht zoodtar ziiire paye naser hejazi rokhali mikardam ke bere khoone inghadr hers nakhoore
To ke fit-e iran varzeshi hasti...hamoon tor ke dastan misaazi, source ham etiyaaj nadari .:10:

red-devils

Bench Warmer
Aug 17, 2007
Baleh, aslan dast nemizanam. Bebinam koja man neveshtam "we're playing beautiful football". Taze, agar chizi ro avaz konam ke ro khode post minivise ke edit shode :--boos:.

To ke fit-e iran varzeshi hasti...hamoon tor ke dastan misaazi, source ham etiyaaj nadari .:10:
are yek dastan jadid neveshtam hamin alan ke komitte enzebati 60 million rial be eses komak karde va tashakor karde ke be davar fohsh nadadan .albate source esh khoodam boodam vali bad shansi member haye abii mehr news va irna ham taeed kardan.:eek:wned::eek:wned::eek:wned:

باشگاه استقلال تهران از سوي كميته*ي انضباطي تشويق شد و شصت ميليون ريال پاداش نقدي دريافت كر

yek khabari ham chand hafte pish az khoodam dar avordam ke tarbiat badani gharare eses tehran ra befreste asia va saba battery va eses-ahwaz beran somagh bemakan .albate rafighe shafighemoon agha shooja gir dad ke chera az khoodet harf dar miari vali baz ham sharmande ke albert garigoorian masoole league ham eltefat farmoodan vali khoob ma hamoon joor ke gofti man az khoodam news dar miaran :15::15:

آلبرت:كميته فني تصميم*گيرنده است
قانوني براي تعيين نماينده سوم ايران نداريم

خبرگزاري فوتبال ايران- در صورت قهرماني سپاهان در رقابت*هاي ليگ قهرمانان آسيا، ايران سه نماينده در بازي*هاي فصل آينده ليگ قهرمانان آسيا خواهد داشت و اين در حالي است كه در مورد انتخاب نماينده سوم حرف و حديث*هاي زيادي به وجود آمده است.
آلبرت گريگوريان، يكي از مسئولان سازمان ليگ در گفت*وگو با خبرگزاري فوتبال ايران با اشاره به اين موضوع اظهار داشت: قانوني براي تعيين نماينده سوم نداريم و اين موضوع بايد در كميته فني فدراسيون فوتبال بررسي شود، البته آقاي افتخاري به عنوان نايب*رئيس فدراسيون و رئيس سازمان ليگ، بهتر مي*توانند در اين مورد حرف بزنند.
وي تاكيد كرد: قبلا اين بحث مطرح شده كه در چنين شرايطي، تيم دوم ليگ عازم ليگ قهرمانان آسيا مي*شود ولي اين موضوع بايد در كميته فني مورد بررسي قرار بگيرد. شايد تيم نايب*قهرمان جام حذفي و يا استقلال كه سال گذشته نتوانست به آسيا برود، شانس حضور در اين رقابت*ها را داشته باشند و هيچ چيز در اين مورد قطعي نيست

شفيعي*زاده:اشتباه شده،*استقلال تهران به آسيا نمي رود
احتمالا مي خواستند بگويند استقلال اهواز!

خبرگزاري فوتبال ايران- انتشار خبر احتمال حضور استقلال تهران در ليگ قهرمانان آسيا با واكنش* باشگاه*هاي صباباتري و استقلال اهواز مواجه شده است.نكته جالب توجه اين است كه پيش از قهرماني سپاهان در آسيا سه مدعي براي حضور در رقابت هاي فصل آينده پيدا شده كه البته قانونا استقلال اهواز شايسته تر به نظر مي رسد!
شهرام شفيعي*زاده، مديرعامل استقلال اهواز در گفت*وگو با خبرگزاري فوتبال ايران در اين خصوص اظهار داشت: به هيچ*وجه نبايد صباباتري و استقلال تهران به آسيا بروند. اين دو تيم در سال گذشته در جايگاهي پايين*تر از ما در ليگ برتر قرار گرفتند، ضمن آكه صباباتري نيز در فينال جام حذفي مقابل سپاهان حذف شد و در هيچ*كجاي دنيا تيمي كه در فينال جام حذفي از قهرماني محروم شده، به ليگ قهرمانان راه پيدا نمي*كند و معمولا تيم*هاي نايب*قهرمان ليگ آن كشور به مسابقات قاره اي راه مي*يابند.
مديرعامل استقلال اهواز در ادامه افزود: فكر مي*كنم به جاي كلمه استقلال اهواز اشتباه نام استقلال تهران را معرفي كرده*اند. براي ما جاي تعجب است كه سازمان تربيت*بدني بر پايه چه ملاكي مي*خواهد استقلال تهران را به رقابت*هاي آسيايي بفرستد؟
شفيعي*زاده خاطرنشان ساخت: تيم ما در حال حاضر تنها نماينده استان خوزستان در ليگ*برتر محسوب مي*شود. استان محروم و فوتبال*خيزي كه سهم بسزايي در فوتبال كشور دارد. متاسفانه سال گذشته ما را از قهرماني مسلم محروم ساختند و اشتباه داوري در هفته ماقبل پاياني ليگ، كاملا به ضرر ما تمام شد، چه بسا كه اگر چنين اشتباهاتي در خصوص ما

صورت نمي*گرفت، حالا ما به عنوان قهرمان در ليگ قهرمانان آسيا، شركت مي*كرد

bardia

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Question is a:

How do you measure the quality of the performance of goal keeper.I wil mention some:
Passing accuracy=no
number of the dangerous shoots=no
being involved in offensive and defensiv (saves are excluded)situatino=NO
scoring=NO
clean saves and preventing your apponent from scoring=yes

red-devils

Bench Warmer
Aug 17, 2007
You got enough time to propagate but not enough time to do your research. You truly are Iranian. :doh:
na vaght nadaram. bayad 1000 ta page ro begardam ta beresam be oon moghhe. ghorboonet vaght dari boro ye sari bezan. yadete dashti hanjerat ro parre mikardi va az bazi aliiii bache ha haz mikardi??? ke GN che morabi gari mikone va ma darim zibba bazi mikonim!!! :chase::chase::chase:

Jun 26, 2007
As an Esteghlali, I admit that Esteghlal Tehran DOES NOT DESERVE to go to the AC. There is just no arguement there!

The only team that deserves to go is SABA BATTERY!
man nemifahmam in Shafiezadeh chera enghad sherover migeh!!

The situation is related to the HAZFI CUP!! NOT the league!
Since Sepahan won the Cup against Saba, and since Sepahan is already in the AC next year (if the win it this year), the only LOGICAL choice is for Saba to go to Asia!

ps, welcome back Ali Agha, delemoon vasat tang shode bood.