Jan 6, 2005
Ba dorood:

FYI,

پیام شاهزاده رضا پهلوی

به مناسبت

درگذشت آیت الله حسینعلی منتظری

۳۰ آذرماه ۱۳۸۸

هم میهنانم،
در گذشت یکی دیگر از نخستین پایه گذاران حکومت اسلامی، احساسات متضادی را در اذهان همۀ ایرانیان آزادی خواه برانگیخته است. آیت الله منتظری، از سوئی، در ایجاد و تحکیم حکومت دینی و نظام ولایت فقیه، که بی کمترین تردید تبه کارترین حکومت در تاریخ کهن وطن ما بوده است، نقشی اساسی و بنیادین داشت. وی از شاگردان و یاران رهبر انقلابی بود که یکی از مخوف ترین حکومت های تاریخ بشری را بر مردم آزاده و شریف ایران مسلط کرد. هم او بود که در نخستین دهۀ عمر این حکومت ضد ایرانی مشارکتش در طراحی برنامه های خانمانسوز رژیم چنان بود که فرزند صدیق امام نام گرفت و به مقام نیابت و جانشینی ولی فقیه رسید. اگر کارنامۀ عمر سیاسی وی به چنین اعمال و رفتاری محدود می شد بی گمان مرگ او تأسفی بر نمی انگیخت.
در دو دهه اخیر، امّا، حسینعلی منتظری به تدریج به راهی دیگر گام گذاشته و به انتقاد از سیاست های حکومتی پرداخته بود که خود در ایجاد و استمرارش مسئولیتی غیرقابل انکار داشت. وی، از جمله به انگیزه های حاکمان در ادامۀ جنگ با عراق خرده گرفت و کشتار بی رحمانۀ هزاران تن از جوانان ایرانی را در آستانۀ پایان جنگ با عراق محکوم کرد. و چنین بود که از مقام جانشینی رهبر برکنار شد و محصور در سرای خویش گه گاه به انتقاد از اعمال و رفتار یاران دیروزش برخاست. در پس نمایش رسوای انتخابات و سرکوبی های خونین و بی رحمانۀ جوانان آزادی خواه ایران بود که حسینعلی منتظری از خرده گیری به سیاست های رژیم پا فراتر نهاد، و برای نخستین بار با صراحتی روزافزون به انکار مشروعیت قانونی و شرعی نظام و رهبرش برخاست. وی در مصاحبه ها و بیانیه های گوناگونش، بیش از هر روحانی سرخورده و نادم دیگری، تجاوزهای بی حساب و بی رحمانۀ رهبران، ایادی و عُمّال رژیم را برشمرد.
بی گمان، در این خطیرترین برهه از تاریخ پیکار مردم ایران علیه نظام خونریز و تبه کار، مواضع و سخنان حسینعلی منتظری در تعمیق شکاف در صف رهبران رژیم و در بیدار کردن وجدان سپاهیان انقلاب و نیروهای بسیجی سهمی به سزا و غیرقابل انکار داشته است. در نبرد سرنوشت سازی که امروز بین اکثریت قاطع مردم ایران، از سوئی، و حکومتی شریر و متجاوز در سراشیب فنا، از سوی دیگر در گرفته همراهی و همسوئی احدی را به هر پیشینه و نظری دستکم نباید گرفت. زندگی سیاسی آیت الله منتظری خود نشان دیگری از امکان تحول و انقلاب در ذهن و رفتار و اندیشه و آراء انسان هاست.
امیدوار باشیم که همنسلان و یاران روحانی دیرین و امروزین وی، چه آنان که همچنان در صف غاصبان حقوق ملت و سرکوبگران فرزندان برومند ایران مانده اند، و چه آنان که به حکم وجدان آمادۀ جبران خطاهای خویش اند، به راهی که او گام نهاده بود قاطعانه گام نهند و مردم ایران را در رسیدن پیروزی بر دشمنان سرکوبگر خود یاری دهند.
خداوند نگهدار ایران باد
رضا پهلوی

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
This is so similar to Khamenei's half-ass tasliat!!

در اواخر دوران حيات مبارك امام راحل امتحاني دشوار و خطير، پيش آمد كه از خداوند متعال مي***خواهم آن را با پوشش مغفرت و رحمت خويش بپوشاند و ابتلائات دنيوي را كفاره آن قرار دهد.
وی از شاگردان و یاران رهبر انقلابی بود که یکی از مخوف ترین حکومت های تاریخ بشری را بر مردم آزاده و شریف ایران مسلط کرد. هم او بود که در نخستین دهۀ عمر این حکومت ضد ایرانی مشارکتش در طراحی برنامه های خانمانسوز رژیم چنان بود که فرزند صدیق امام نام گرفت
So in other words, they both send this "do-pahloo" tasliat where one says he was first good then became bad, and the other claims he was bad then became good!

I wonder what His Majesty thinks about when Montazeri was in his dad's jail.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Oldman Jaan - thanx
Shahzadeh is showing great class in praising Montazeri - good for him.

Iranppak - once again a pathetic and unfunny post
How do you do that? try to actually have something with some substance to say besides attcking people - and creating cracks in the anti IRI movement. I am watching you.

Khodam Jaan - there is a very huge difference between the two. Montazeri helped Khamenei to get where he is - while he is the cause of RP having to leave his country.

Oct 20, 2003
How do you do that? try to actually have something with some substance to say besides attcking people - and creating cracks in the anti IRI movement. I am watching you.
Look who is talking.

Khorus

National Team Player
Oct 25, 2002
CA
Safar jaan, man mokhlesam vali Masoud is right this time. There is nothing wrong with what RP said, and I happen to completely agree with him that Montazeri had a hand in bringing to fruition one of the darkest eras of Iranian history, but that he should be praised for his brave speaking out in the last many years. It really doesn't help anybody to just ridicule people.

Khodam jaan, what else would you expect him to say? That Montazeri was an agel. No, like I said above in my reply to IP, he has to share the blame for what is happening in Iran, as well as credited for his outspokenness after the initial fault. Yes, it was "2-pahloo", but nobody in their right mind could say anything better.

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
RP's message is right on. Some people have a short memory. In the last two decades, Montazeri showed a lot of courage, but in the first decade and right before that he was on the wrong side when he supported Velayateh Vaghih and promoted an Islamic government.

Regarding him being in Shah's jail, it's unacceptable to have someone in jail for his opinion, but I don't see why RP needed to bring that up. Also, although I am totally against putting people in jail for speaking their mind, but in the hindsight, I wish Shah had kept all those who caused the disaster called Islamic Reppublic in jail so it would never happen.

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
Khodam Jaan - there is a very huge difference between the two. Montazeri helped Khamenei to get where he is - while he is the cause of RP having to leave his country.
That is a difference but how is that relevant? My point is that each ignores part of the history that is inconvenient for them. Khamenei fails to mention that after his "emtehan elahi" Montazeri kept exposing him and his regime in doing that hides behind Khomeini. RP sounds as if Montazeri's involvement in revolution was a mistake implying that Shah was right to jail him. Both take a self-srving view of history here.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
RP sounds as if Montazeri's involvement in revolution was a mistake
It was indeed a huge mistake - but was not his biggest mistake. Inserting Velayat Faghih in IRR constitution was even a bigger mistake.
But let us focus on his positive aspects, especially in the last 20 years. let's focus on the huge victory today.

BTW - I visit several sites - It is amazing the number of People who are suddenly having a change of heart and joining the anti IRR bandwagon!!

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I have always considered Reza Pahlavi a decent human being who is somewhat too innocent to be a politician. Just recently he has convinced me that he has matured into a somewhat better politician with a long way to go as far as leadership is concerned. He sure doesn't lack any class compared to the bunch he's up against so it's a bit unfair to compare this innocent regular human being to a monster like Khamenei. Kind'a insulting, and there's no reason for that. RP has never caused any harm to the general public. What he might have done in his personal life is of no concern to me.

As I've always said, he would be a very decent candidate for Culture Ministry. He cares about Iran and its glorious past and is a moderate character with no ideological strings attached.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Oldman Jaan - thanx
Shahzadeh is showing great class in praising Montazeri - good for him.

Are you the eyes and ears of the Shah?

Farzad-USA

Bench Warmer
Apr 4, 2007
rooyesh.blog.com
I have always considered Reza Pahlavi a decent human being who is somewhat too innocent to be a politician. Just recently he has convinced me that he has matured into a somewhat better politician with a long way to go as far as leadership is concerned. He sure doesn't lack any class compared to the bunch he's up against so it's a bit unfair to compare this innocent regular human being to a monster like Khamenei. Kind'a insulting, and there's no reason for that. RP has never caused any harm to the general public. What he might have done in his personal life is of no concern to me.

As I've always said, he would be a very decent candidate for Culture Ministry. He cares about Iran and its glorious past and is a moderate character with no ideological strings attached.
it is good to have you back.

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
Khodam jaan, what else would you expect him to say? That Montazeri was an agel. No, like I said above in my reply to IP, he has to share the blame for what is happening in Iran, as well as credited for his outspokenness after the initial fault. Yes, it was "2-pahloo", but nobody in their right mind could say anything better.
Khorus jan,

Everything you say is correct. Montazeri made mistakes in the first decade of the revolution and he should be held responsible for those. But the problem I have is with RP wanting to have his cake and eat it at the same time which in this case is like what Khamenei does.

The notion of sending this message by RP is correct. Opportunities like these could prove very useful in connecting him to people (which he doesn't have despite Masoud's imaginary millions). However, the approach that he takes just shows that he is not either a skillful or honest politician.

His problem is that his limited number of followers look to him because of his family, not because of himself. But to establish a base among real people (not LA or VA monarchists) he has to demonstrate his own credentials and distance himself from his father that most consider a dictator. But that would be alienating the base he currently has. That is the dilemma he has. Or better said, that is the opportunity he is squandering repeatedly.

If RP were to come out and officially abdicate his right to the throne and go public with condemning past mistakes of his father, he could really make an impact. Note that I don't think he is in any way responsible for those mistakes but if he wants to create an independent identity, he has to distance himself from his father. The problem is he doesn't have the guts to do so, or to do anything for that matter. He says he is just a citizen like others but he doesn't mind people calling him Shah or Shahzadeh. Take a look at his web page and see if the tone in there looks like the site of another politically active "Shahrvand" like Nabavi or Masih Alinejad or Noorizadeh. It doesn's. His behavior reminds you of the saying that "ba dast pas mizaneh ba pa pish mikesheh". He sends a message for 16 Azar but he evades its historical significance. He sends condolences for Montazeri but ignores the only part of his life that is inconvenient for him. He bashes dictatorship in Iran, but not before 57. He calls himself a simple citizen but Shahzadeh.

If he wasn't as gutless as he is, in the leadership vacuum that is Iran today, he could have really helped his stock. He could have also helped Iran. Can you imagine how powerful and mesmerizing it would be to public if he really took steps to be a simple citizen and lead that way. I know I would have been really impressed. Too bad he doesn't have it in him.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
It was indeed a huge mistake - but was not his biggest mistake. Inserting Velayat Faghih in IRR constitution was even a bigger mistake.
Montazeri being part of the revolution was not a mistake at all. First it was not a real revolution, it was planned and backed by the american administration but US administration only worked with what was given to them and it was Millions of unhappy people with estebdaad o naa edaalatiye shah. Thats a fact. Montazeri was just one of millions and had a right to stand up.

Shah had to go but those who replaced him were a total desaster for several generations.

What i indeed consider a huge mistake (well i consider it even worse than a simple mistake as he knew exactly what velaayate faghih means) though, was his support for the velaayate faghih system.

However, the man atleast had the guts to stand up once again right into the face of real cruel animals like khomeini and khamenei and said "ishoon marjaiyat nadaare, salahiyat nadaare". When you say something similar on the street they will cut your throat in a heart beat and cry allaaho akbar, being sure that they just killed a kafar.

I am not a believer in afterlife and stuff like that. I just hope he is better off under the ground than he was on it.

May 9, 2004
این رضا پهلوی
هرکجا اب گل الودی می بیند می نشیند و قلاب می اندازد
اگر برج های دو قلو به اتش کشیده شد می اید و می گوید کار رژیم است
فکر نمی کند که اگر کار رژیم بود یا نبود امریکا مردم ایران را چنان که افغانستان و عراق را به خاک و خون کشید
خانمانسوز خواهد کرد
اگر بحث انرژی اتمی شد می ایدو می گوید رژیم می خواهد اروپا را با بمب اتم بزند
و از ناتو می خواهد قبل از اینکه دیر شود ایران را بمباران کند و تحریم
اگر موسوی سبز شده او هم پارچه سبز می بندد و دم از دمکراسی می زند
اگر اخوندی و ملایی فوت کرد باز او جسدش را طعمه می کند و بر سر قلاب های ماهیگیری اش میزند
تا از اب گل الود دریای سبز مگر ماهی بگیرد تا اشپز و نوکر بپزند و او بخورد

بله جانم

Feb 22, 2005
Montezeri learned from his mistakes and changed early on. He could have kept quiet, played the game just like the rest of the garbage Islamic republic supporters, but he choose not to be associated with murderers and rapists.

Shah was the same. He could have ordered major killings but choose against it and realized he made a mistake and choose to share power. That is why history will judge him well.

On the other side, you have khomenie the mass murderer followed by khamanie the mass rapist and mass murderer. The scum and the garbage of the humanity. All their supporters and them will be remembered as garbage of the world, hopefully will be reborn as cockroaches and rats.

Feb 22, 2005
General Parisian will be remembered as one who went the opposite way and became a supporter of the murderers and rapists. How unfortunate for people who choose hatred and destruction or love and compassion.

این رضا پهلوی
هرکجا اب گل الودی می بیند می نشیند و قلاب می اندازد
اگر برج های دو قلو به اتش کشیده شد می اید و می گوید کار رژیم است
فکر نمی کند که اگر کار رژیم بود یا نبود امریکا مردم ایران را چنان که افغانستان و عراق را به خاک و خون کشید
خانمانسوز خواهد کرد
اگر بحث انرژی اتمی شد می ایدو می گوید رژیم می خواهد اروپا را با بمب اتم بزند
و از ناتو می خواهد قبل از اینکه دیر شود ایران را بمباران کند و تحریم
اگر موسوی سبز شده او هم پارچه سبز می بندد و دم از دمکراسی می زند
اگر اخوندی و ملایی فوت کرد باز او جسدش را طعمه می کند و بر سر قلاب های ماهیگیری اش میزند
تا از اب گل الود دریای سبز مگر ماهی بگیرد تا اشپز و نوکر بپزند و او بخورد

بله جانم

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
It appears that Reza Pahlavi has captured the essence in a fairly balanced and concise message which is close to reality of events and certainly expressed with eloquence and due regard for the dead, good for him. It is especially accurate where he says that Montazeri was instrumental in bringing about this regime after the culmination of the revolution which clearly appears to have been a mistake when the zealots and the bigots took over the country and ruled with hatred and vengeance for over 30 years. There can be no denying in this when as a matter of official government policy ethnic and religious minorities have been oppressed and persecuted, women and children have been subjugated and treated with indignity, students have been harassed, labour unions have been marginalized, members of the media have been censored and controlled, intellectuals and dissidents have been imprisoned and tortured, and in general the nation has been oppressed. How can this be regarded as anything but a mistake? Not that the Shah afforded political or religious freedom to all, but the Islamic republic of recent years will undoubtedly go down in history as one of the most inhumane, cruel and gruesome regimes in Iran.

Reza Pahlavi has also spoken very accurately and eloquently about the turn of events and the way in which Montazeri fell out with the regime. First he expressed his unhappiness with some of the tortures and executions of the youth of Iran, then his voice became a little louder and more direct. All in all, he has given praise where it was due and spoken truthfully on this issue. Regardless of what role he has or will have in Iran, his recollection of events and the way in which he has honoured Montazeri is meaningful and accurate. However, his supporters MUST NOT turn him into another "idol", but allow Iranians to discover him, and other influential personages, naturally and in due time as individuals and patriotic Iranians worthy of nation's trust, not by their former kinship and relations.

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
Montazeri himself admitted he'd made mistakes, so I don't find anything wrong with someone else saying so, including RP. While RP is right, however, he is also a hypocrite as he has never openly admitted and/or exposed the crimes committed under his own father's rule. As long as he has not taken that step, I have to assume these announcements are not designed to further the truth but his agenda.