پیام شاهزاده رضا پهلوی به مناسبت درگذشت آ&#174

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Montazeri himself admitted he'd made mistakes, so I don't find anything wrong with someone else saying so, including RP. While RP is right, however, he is also a hypocrite as he has never openly admitted and/or exposed the crimes committed under his own father's rule. As long as he has not taken that step, I have to assume these announcements are not designed to further the truth but his agenda.
Amirjan, how would the people of Iran benefit from RP apologizing for the crimes committed under his father's regime?

Why would he do that anyway?

That's like you and I being expected to submit to the people who were subject to unfair treatment by our fathers.

In my opinion, Reza Pahlavi owes nothing to the Iranian general public. NOTHING. He was born into royalty without choice and he was way too young to have had any influence on the actions of his fathers and co.

The guy is as Iranian and as innocent as the next EYE_RANIAN who freely travels to Iran every year to visit loved ones and relive some memories. Oh wait, he can't even do that...

ghilich

Bench Warmer
Oct 12, 2004
usa
I came across a book by Reza Pahlavi's close personal adviser and childhood friend, his last name was Ansari and he accompanied RP to exile. This is a guy who had no reason to be against RP, yet he basically says the guy is lazy, cowardly, and extremely selfish and cheap. He also says the guy was offered by CIA to mount a coupdetat against the Iranian government in the early post revolution days, but the CIA quickly realized they are dealing with a fearful spoiled prince and not someone with the balls to do anything. This should not come as a surprise, his dad also showed his lack of guts with the way he escaped Iran in the end and also prince's who are born to the silver spoon, servants, money, women, etc, are not normally warriors and fearless. Rather they are soft spoiled folks who feel entitled.

So I know everyone will believe whatever they want to believe, but I think a lot of the people who are for Reza Pahlavi, were either young children or not born when his father was king. In other words, with the GohKarieh een regime, folks are getting nostalgic about a past that never QUITE was what they have heard it to be, or dreamt it to be. Next to the worst, the 2nd worst may look good in comparison. Still we surely should aspire for a better, democratic future for our nation, not for some never-been spoiled king to be.

ghilich

Bench Warmer
Oct 12, 2004
usa
In my opinion, Reza Pahlavi owes nothing to the Iranian general public. NOTHING. He was born into royalty without choice and he was way too young to have had any influence on the actions of his fathers and co.
If nothing else, he owes LOTS AND LOTS of STOLEN IRANIAN NATIONAL PROPERTY AND CASH to the Iranian people that his family stole from them and took out of Iran. Ajaba...you are welcome to your opinion, but that does not change the facts. Last time I checked, the Iranian people had not given this man the right to live in the lap of luxury from THEIR funds, and issue press communique's and speeches at every opportunity. You make it sound like "heyvooni Majboor Shodeh keh pooleh mardomo bokhoreh va kheekee beshe too kharej, chon tagseereh khodesh neest keh shazdeh be doneeya amadeh"... hmmm so at nearly 50 years old he has not worked ONE honest day in his life while the rest of us inside and outside Iran have to EARN our living. THIS is what is wrong fundamentally with the Saltanati system, no matter WHO is the Soltan.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
If nothing else, he owes LOTS AND LOTS of STOLEN IRANIAN NATIONAL PROPERTY AND CASH to the Iranian people that his family stole from them and took out of Iran. Ajaba...you are welcome to your opinion, but that does not change the facts. Last time I checked, the Iranian people had not given this man the right to live in the lap of luxury from THEIR funds, and issue press communique's and speeches at every opportunity. You make it sound like "heyvooni Majboor Shodeh keh pooleh mardomo bokhoreh va kheekee beshe too kharej, chon tagseereh khodesh neest keh shazdeh be doneeya amadeh"... hmmm so at nearly 50 years old he has not worked ONE honest day in his life while the rest of us inside and outside Iran have to EARN our living. THIS is what is wrong fundamentally with the Saltanati system, no matter WHO is the Soltan.

This is an emotional reply to a subject that holds no emotional value at the moment.

Name me one progressed or progressing constitution, country, city, society, club, tribe or village where a person with Reza Pahlavi's life (from birth to present) would be legally and morally subject to public prosecution.

Monarchy is as dead as Khomeini's legacy. I think Reza Pahlavi realized and accepted this fact long before his enemies and followers ever will :)

I have nothing against or for the man. He's some dude who happens to get media exposure because of the vagina he popped out of, yet he chooses his words carefully and tries to present a half-decent image of the country he was born in. He's neither an embarrassment nor a hero. He's just there.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
Ajaba...you are welcome to your opinion, but that does not change the facts. Last time I checked, the Iranian people had not given this man the right to live in the lap of luxury from THEIR funds, and issue press communique's and speeches at every opportunity.
I see ... So Did we gave that right to Rafsanjani and his Agha Zadeh ha that now, we are beging them to join us !!!

These line of reasoning and argument have been out dated and expired long time ago.

Again, you are welcome to your opinion but you are playing right into the hands of people who love to see us get back to the old, useless arguments while they are raping our country.

ghilich

Bench Warmer
Oct 12, 2004
usa
This is an emotional reply to a subject that holds no emotional value at the moment.

Name me one progressed or progressing constitution, country, city, society, club, tribe or village where a person with Reza Pahlavi's life (from birth to present) would be legally and morally subject to public prosecution.

Monarchy is as dead as Khomeini's legacy. I think Reza Pahlavi realized and accepted this fact long before his enemies and followers ever will :)

I have nothing against or for the man. He's some dude who happens to get media exposure because of the vagina he popped out of, yet he chooses his words carefully and tries to present a half-decent image of the country he was born in. He's neither an embarrassment nor a hero. He's just there.
Aye Aye Mr Spock:D

"Emotions" aside, still we only do logic here, there is simple algebraic inequality that needs to addressed. 100s of millions to a billion or so that his family stole from Iran and that this "just there" person and the rest of his clan is living off. Other than that, his opinion holds as much importance and deserves as much exposure as ANY other Iranian, "logically" speaking, since he is "Just there".

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
Not that stealing is right in any shape, form or amount, but something tells me that mullahs have stolen a lot more from Iran and continue to do so as we continue our debate. In medicine, if a patient is bleeding, they first stop the bleeding, then they replenish the lost blood. We must also stop the bleeding of Iran, politically, economically, figuratively, and literally; then we can restore all that was lost with legal proceedings and due diligence since whatever belongs to the nation, should be returned to it. people keep saying that they want Reza Pahlavi to act like a normal citizen and earn their respect, well, they should start treating him like one then!

ghilich

Bench Warmer
Oct 12, 2004
usa
I see ... So Did we gave that right to Rafsanjani and his Agha Zadeh ha that now, we are beging them to join us !!!

These line of reasoning and argument have been out dated and expired long time ago.

Again, you are welcome to your opinion but you are playing right into the hands of people who love to see us get back to the old, useless arguments while they are raping our country.
Actually even a conservative 500 million bucks stolen from the Iranian by him and his family 30 years ago at ZERO percent annual interest in TODAY's dollars would yield anywhere between 1.2 to 2.8 BILLION DOLLARS:

http://www.measuringworth.com/calculators/uscompare/result.php

Last time I checked, that sort of stolen sum does not get OUTDATED nor EXPIRED

I am not for Rafasanjani or any other thief. And just because there are people in Iran's government now that are thiefs, this does not ABSOLVE the Pahlavi's of their thievery and crimes against Iran. How about instead of such BLACK AND WHITE, simplistic comparisons we go for a DEMOCRATIC IRAN, with the true rule of LAW (and not thugery) where people's MERITS and not their CONNECTIONS or BIRTH RIGHT is what mostly shapes their destiny? Why should we go back to the tried, yes OUTDATED and failed options of the past??

Some of you may not have been born then or where just young kids, but there are those of us who remember what an absolute dictatorship the Pahlavi regime was, what inequities existed, how much KHEFEGHAN there was, or going back earlier how the likes of Dr Mosadegh, Takhti, Sadegh Hedayat, Samad Behrangi, Golesorkhi, on and on and on and on had their lives shattered, their hopes crushed by these corrupt thugs. NO THANKS!!!

ghilich

Bench Warmer
Oct 12, 2004
usa
Not that stealing is right in any shape, form or amount, but something tells me that mullahs have stolen a lot more from Iran and continue to do so as we continue our debate. In medicine, if a patient is bleeding, they first stop the bleeding, then they replenish the lost blood. We must also stop the bleeding of Iran, politically, economically, figuratively, and literally; then we can restore all that was lost with legal proceedings and due diligence since whatever belongs to the nation, should be returned to it. people keep saying that they want Reza Pahlavi to act like a normal citizen and earn their respect, well, they should start treating him like one then!
The DAY he gives up his inheritance which is Iranian people's BLOOD MONEY, and starts working for a living he gets my respect. Simple as that!! rest is harfeh moft va too khalee va koseh sher that he is putting together. Again, u folks just dont seem to get it. It is not THIS OR THAT, it IS NEITHER. Shah had to go, so does the present regime. NEITHER, NAH EEN NA OON. I "hope" that is clear enough now! going to bed...

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
. How about instead of such BLACK AND WHITE, simplistic comparisons we go for a DEMOCRATIC IRAN, with the true rule of LAW (and not thugery) where people's MERITS and not their CONNECTIONS or BIRTH RIGHT is what mostly shapes their destiny?
Democratic Iran !!! I think you are killing the idea of democratic iran in its infant stage by your original post.

By introducing conditions on who can be involved in that " democratic Iran" and who has a clean past or ... you are contradicting the whole idea.

you can not forget the past of certian group of people and include them in your democratic process and at the same time exclude another group :)

spanx

Bench Warmer
Dec 19, 2005
Amirjan, how would the people of Iran benefit from RP apologizing for the crimes committed under his father's regime?

That's like you and I being expected to submit to the people who were subject to unfair treatment by our fathers.

The guy is as Iranian and as innocent as the next EYE_RANIAN who freely travels to Iran every year to visit loved ones and relive some memories. Oh wait, he can't even do that...
He's relevant based on his Father's resume, fame, "achievements" and so on ... otherwise he would be another iranian civilian with a political opinion and there is no shortage of those as you know ... I don't really care if he apologizes but saying he's completely independent of his father's actions is just ridiculous ...

I agree that he's becoming more politically mature in spite of his followers' ancient ideologies

ghilich

Bench Warmer
Oct 12, 2004
usa
Democratic Iran !!! I think you are killing the idea of democratic iran in its infant stage by your original post.

By introducing conditions on who can be involved in that " democratic Iran" and who has a clean past or ... you are contradicting the whole idea.

you can not forget the past of certian group of people and include them in your democratic process and at the same time exclude another group :)
e
The thing that seems very hard for you to grasp is this:

Reza Pahlavi is RICH from the money his family STOLE from IRAN. I gave a simple arithmetic calculation as to how much above. Stolen PROPERTY must be returned to the Iranian treasury and since it has NOT been, i.e. since he has NOT given UP the vast sums of money he lives on, and at minimum put in a public trust for the Iranian nation, he is a THIEF. THIEFs in democracies have no right to run for any public office. Please spare me the simplistic lectures on democracies. Otherwise, he can BUY and election with his ill-begotten loot. Thank God the majority of Iranian people have more common sense than this.

ferdosi

Bench Warmer
Apr 21, 2004
I came across a book by Reza Pahlavi's close personal adviser and childhood friend, his last name was Ansari and he accompanied RP to exile. This is a guy who had no reason to be against RP, yet he basically says the guy is lazy, cowardly, and extremely selfish and cheap. He also says the guy was offered by CIA to mount a coupdetat against the Iranian government in the early post revolution days, but the CIA quickly realized they are dealing with a fearful spoiled prince and not someone with the balls to do anything.

First of all I have to say that I'm no fan of monarchy. I love History specially Iranian history. I have read books about Nader shah, Hasan sabah, Reza shah, Shah's book (2 of them).

I read that book that you mentioned above long time ago.... But in opposite from you I did my research. Ahmad Ali Massoud Ansari, was/is a theif/charlatan. After Reza pahlavi was excilled/moved to US, he became his financial adviser/consultant. Youg Reza Pahlvi Naivly transfered most of his inheritance to him for further investment. He stole pretty much everything. When Reza Pahlavi found out about it he tried to take him to court but he was unsuccesful, mainly because he had blindly trusted this guy so he had really not much of proof.

Now this MOFO not only stole his money, he later wrote two books, which IRI gladly published, they even showed him on IRIB, telling his stories. As far as I know R.P and his family since they knew that this was a lost case and they would not get their money back and probably of (ABEROO DARI) did not respond to him and completly ignored him. I think they did the right thing cause that would has just created further DRAMA and make him sell more of his shitty book....

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
e
THIEFs in democracies have no right to run for any public office. .
and you can come out here and claim that all the green leaders and who ever is working against regime now under the green umberella was never involved in any of the famous frauds of this regime :peep::peep:

I think our people are passed that. I think right now, they care about who is going to give them freedom, who is going to give them better future and .. are country is being sold into pices, millions and millions are being wasted in bad contracts with Russians and chinease companies and ... we are lossing caspian sea, we are lossing oil from our own oil fields to arabs and ....

I think Iranian people care about these things now and welcome the hand of anyone who is helping and is keeping the FOCUS on THEIR STRUGLE and not side issues and ....

I know I do :)

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA

Why do you and me and a whole nation honor Montazeri? Because he had the courage to admit to his own mistakes, re-invent himself, and try to correct those mistakes. And believe me BT jAn, it is far far more difficult for a man to admit his own costly mistakes than pointing others'. It takes a lot of courage to do so. Why can't RP show the same courage and come clean? I know it is difficult, but it is exactly taking those difficult roads that separates some men from others in people's eyes. I am not judging RP as an ex-monarch. I am reacting to his comments the same way I'd react to any other man. If my brother criticized IRI for imprisonment, torture and execution of Iranians while turning a blind eye to the Shah's regime doing the same, in my eyes he, too, lacks consistency and loses credibility.

Khazali's son has turned his back on his father to stand with people. Hadi Khameneyii has turned on his brother to stand with the people. Mohsen Rooh-al Amini stood with people against his father who worked with IRI and lost his life. When people are losing their lives standing against their fathers today, I find it hard to sympathize with RP not finding the courage to come clean. There are tons of people in Iran today who, while not condoning IRI's actions, do not condemn it either with all sort of justifications. They may not be guilty of any wrong-doings themselves, but if nothing else, they are cowards. RP has not done anything wrong, and many things he says are right, but by staying quiet about a period that in a way helped bring us here, he is in my eyes a coward, even if a well-meaning one.

spanx

Bench Warmer
Dec 19, 2005
e
The thing that seems very hard for you to grasp is this:

Reza Pahlavi is RICH from the money his family STOLE from IRAN. I gave a simple arithmetic calculation as to how much above. Stolen PROPERTY must be returned to the Iranian treasury and since it has NOT been, i.e. since he has NOT given UP the vast sums of money he lives on, and at minimum put in a public trust for the Iranian nation, he is a THIEF. THIEFs in democracies have no right to run for any public office. Please spare me the simplistic lectures on democracies. Otherwise, he can BUY and election with his ill-begotten loot. Thank God the majority of Iranian people have more common sense than this.
Very easy to speak of democracy when you have millions to sit on ... which don't belong to you ... and your supporters believe it's your god given right to spend that money since you are the rightful owner of the country ... if he put that money aside, worked for a living and returned it in due time to people of Iran then that would be something ...

and how is that every piece of shit persian pizza joint has a shiro khorshid parcham behind the counter lol can I get a slice without thinking of monarchy please ...?

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
and how is that every piece of shit persian pizza joint has a shiro khorshid parcham behind the counter lol can I get a slice without thinking of monarchy please ...?
NOT Back at the flag .... and I hope you know Shir o Khorshid is not a representation of Pahlavi and represent many of the kings and history that we all are proud of.