1 dollar = 4800 goozman

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
I have to admit I didn’t clue in at first and was thinking 3300 Toman which is where it was a few years ago, but 34,500 Toman! That’s over 5100% increase since the Islamic revolution which puts it close to 25% annual increase for 43 years! Imagine if you had that with your investments! That means if you put away 1000 dollars 43 years ago, it would be over 51 millions! Contrast that against the economics of early 1350s and Hoveyda’s famous line in his trial when he said a pen cost the same for all the 13 years he was the PM. For all intents and purposes the Islamic republic is already a bankrupt country!

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
yes that's how the sheep see it.
but in reality this is how the gov can balance it's budget
without raising fuel or other commodity prices.it's basically
a tax on the rich since the central bank holds the $$$ it sells
to the public.
This ahole called it rich's tax. I recently read even smaller banks can print money there. What a mafioso system.
There's also talks of converting gold bars into coins by local economist (raghfar) and no wonder gold has more appreciation than currency there. I bet it will crash.

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
These prices are for when people deal about 10k or they make it so if someone is clueless.. buy is lower and sell is higher from what friends shared in the past. Sounds housing, cars, gold has gone more than 10x , more than dollar.

cost of 10k wiring out is about $400 thru private sarafi, and that's if they're honest. Once a while on huge amounts they tend to disappear. lol.

Last edited: