2014 FILA Wrestling World Championships

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Gadisov from Russia defeats Gazymov from Azrbaijan by 2-1 and wins Gold.

All 3 points in this bout were awarded by cautions for lack of activity.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
What is it with Uzbeks and electricity problem ? they had all sorts of power outage in FIFA World Cup Brazil Qualifications and several cases of power outage in this wrestling tourney. at some point this morning the power went out in the middle of the bouts and when the power came back on the scoreboards were all messed up and showing results of previous bouts that had been finished.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
most likely the standing at the end will be
1. Russia
2. Iran
3. Turkey
2nd place is not bad how many other countries are there? Where is the USA or they are not in it right? That 7 point comeback was nice. Now I don't do wrestling but I can tell you that even in Jiu Jitsu, if you are up by 7 points, you usually win that match so kudos to the kid for not giving up.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Official Team Standings for 2014 FILA Free Style Wrestling World Championships has been announced.

1. Russia: 62 points
2. Iran: 45 points

3. Turkey: 41 points
4. Azerbaijan: 36 points
5. Cuba: 31 points
6. Mongolia: 29 points
7. Belarus: 28 points
8. Georgia: 23 points
9. Ukraine: 20 points
10. USA: 20 points

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Mongolia has been improving rapidly in the last couple of years. I expect Mongolia to do well in upcoming Asian Games as well.they have some real good technical wrestlers in light weights.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Is this Iran's A or Iran's B team?
It's a combination of top senior wrestlers such as Ghassemi , Rahimi , Yazdani , Esmailpoor and some young wrestlers such as AsgariMohammadian , Afzali , Hosseinkhani. some senior wrestlers have been rested for the all important Asian Games coming up in a few weeks.

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
haha Arguably the two best freestyle wrestlers in the world (Burroughs and Yazdani) were dismantled in this tournament (both carried injuries I think). I could not find a video of Yazdani - Erdogan but here is the Tsargush - Burroughs match, clearly JB not entirely fit.

If anybody has a video of Yazdani-Erdogan please let me know

[video=youtube;qKcHn4BemBs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKcHn4BemBs[/video]

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
haha Arguably the two best freestyle wrestlers in the world (Burroughs and Yazdani) were dismantled in this tournament (both carried injuries I think). I could not find a video of Yazdani - Erdogan but here is the Tsargush - Burroughs match, clearly JB not entirely fit.

Did anyone see the Yazdani loss? if so, can you please tell us exactly what happened? 8-0 is really bad

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Did anyone see the Yazdani loss? if so, can you please tell us exactly what happened? 8-0 is really bad
bah bah bah. chetori Farsheed ? long time no see. :)

Yazdani got injured (forehead) during the bout and looked dizzy afterwards.he eventually lost to an unknown Turkish wrestler by the name of Erdoghan. clearly the Turkish wrestler was an unknown entity who couldn't have been analyzed properly by TM coaching staff before the bout.and it turned out that Erdoghan is actually a Russian wrestler that Turkey hired to wrestle for them in Turkish jersey. his real name is Ahmadov and he's from Daghestan province of Russia which is well known to have a great wrestling academy.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK

A fully prepared Burroughs is almost unbeatable I'm sure he had some kind of injury you can see his left leg was wrapped.

Last edited:

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Greco-Roman bouts for 75kg have started.

Iran's Hadi Alizadeh will be wrestling against Khashimbekov from host country Uzbekistan.