AFC Champions League, Group D (MD4), ESTEGHLAL vs AL HILAL

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Na baba irad az khodeshoone. moratab khataa haaye ahmaaghaane mikonan. Yaki nist bege aakhe mardak to yek hich aghabi, 5 daghighe ham bishtar namoonde, vaase chi baa aarenj miri too kamare taraf oonam bi dalil o vasate zamin? khob hameye donyaa midoonan timi ke yek hich too khoone harif jelost o 5 daghighe bishtar nabaayad tahamol kone, az in khataa haa estefaadeh mikone. Ahmagh inaan ke khataa haaye khaam o birabt mikonan.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Hilal was unfortunately the better team and deserved to win this game, they were first to all balls, MUCH more organized than EsEs and they were extremely fast on counters and passing.

I'm a little confused why GN subbed Borhani out - he was clearly putting pressure on their defence and Mousavi (his replacement) was called offside how many times in the 2nd half? Also, the insistence to keep the ball up in the air rather than playing it on the ground was a little strange. I think Samuel was out of the game again and overall, the gap between our forwards and defence was always really BIG in this game, so something has to be done about the midfield for the next game or our defence has to move up more.

All that said, EsEs is still in 1st place and only a win against Al-Rayyan at home will guarantee that we go through, regardless of any of the other results. GN clearly has some more work to do before that game.

Jul 28, 2007
آهای اصغر تو غلط کردی با جواد. نماز عشا به امامت سرباز گمنام امام زمان امیر خان قلعه نوئی اسطوره استقلال ، زمان فردا شب ، مکان مسجد جمکران. صرف غذا در سونای زعفرانیه . محمدیاش صلوات .

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I could only watch the last 20 minutes and that was terrible what I saw ,,and what a silly goal to give away , very poor play by the blues ,long balls ...more like hit and hope ,opponents had some classy players in midfiled and upfront , but class was only evident in their football skill and had zero sportsmanship as it is typical of that lot .

If you are that good at playing f..king football then what is it with this grassrolling culture and shit attitude ??!! just play the game and win and lose like men .

honestly we taught this lot everything they know ...just go to Alhambra palace in Granada in Spain and see ! but we have failed to teach them sportsmanship and javanmardi ,instead we got infected to a degree from their end !

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Disappointing game by Esteghlal in Azadi... I thought after last week's win, Esteghlal were aware of the way Al Hilal plays and are well prepared to face them, but that wasn't the case, Esteghlal seemed to have relaxed and thought they had already qualified! What a retarded mentality... I am not sure of the 2 subs at half-time but Borhani seemed to be running more, more dangerous (leave alone more experienced) than Mousavi. Now everything in the group has become tight, we never learn from past mistakes and keep making them over and over... unless we are doing this deliberatley but I for one don't understand this mentality!

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Disappointing game by Esteghlal in Azadi... I thought after last week's win, Esteghlal were aware of the way Al Hilal plays and are well prepared to face them, but that wasn't the case, Esteghlal seemed to have relaxed and thought they had already qualified! What a retarded mentality... I am not sure of the 2 subs at half-time but Borhani seemed to be running more, more dangerous (leave alone more experienced) than Mousavi. Now everything in the group has become tight, we never learn from past mistakes and keep making them over and over... unless we are doing this deliberatley but I for one don't understand this mentality!
Al Hilal played better last time as well but Esteghlal managed to win. They had more chances than us if you consider the 90 minutes.
I didn't watch this game but this was not completely unexpected. Really disappointing.

Shahram

Elite Member
Oct 21, 2002
puzzle taaktiki. Ab ghate.
LOL! The thing about vatani managers is that they usually start well, but once their opponents read their limited tactical plans, we begin to have undesirable results. Do you remember MK in 1997? Al Hilal worked on their defence and offside traps because that is how they lost the match last week. Tonight, they had improved that aspect of their game. Another thing is that Mr. "Puzzel-e Tactici" had his team play an overly cautious game in the first half.

Aug 26, 2005
Kaz nayoomad
Gandesh dar oomad
Vaay, vaay, vaay!
Hahahahahahahahahahaha...have I already said that I love you? :D

Baba een Javad rid...we were good for a draw at least.

Fifa needs some serious rule changes when it comes to time-keeping. These Arab teams never stop with the shenanigans. In a 90 minute game the balls is in play for only 45.

Ye ehsasi be man mige Esteghlal emrooz mibare..
... to oon ehsaset LOL.

Aug 26, 2005
LOL! The thing about vatani managers is that they usually start well, but once their opponents read their limited tactical plans, we begin to have undesirable results. Do you remember MK in 1997? Al Hilal worked on their defence and offside traps because that is how they lost the match last week. Tonight, they had improved that aspect of their game. Another thing is that Mr. "Puzzel-e Tactici" had his team play an overly cautious game in the first half.
Problem with GN is that even though he is a talented manager...he is a coward when he is winning. He sees the team dropping back and encourages them.