Afshin Ghotbi Dedicated Thread!

Aug 26, 2005
goftam, you don't get it. go support your GN. che kar be ghotbi dari baba.
This is the intelligence we're dealing with. You fucked up, and lots of us are gonna point and laugh.

Furthermore; Team Melli na baraye toe na baraye Ghotbi ke fekr mikoni kheili halishe. I'll support the team and it's none of your business. You have no say in anything so just hold the pom poms because no one gives two shits about your two cents.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
This is the intelligence we're dealing with. You fucked up, and lots of us are gonna point and laugh.

Furthermore; Team Melli na baraye toe na baraye Ghotbi ke fekr mikoni kheili halishe. I'll support the team and it's none of your business. You have no say in anything so just hold the pom poms because no one gives two shits about your two cents.
khoda vakili ghati dari. yani halfe threado nakhondi miai koso sher migi. TM male to ham nist. male onaye ke ba jono del supportesh mikonan. na onayi ke mesle bazia mishinana faghat koso sher migan.
You can laugh as much as you want, deep down we know what kind of moron you are. you think you know it all but jeghel you don't know sh*t and deep down chenan dari misozid ke nemidonid che kar konid. looool
shab khosh.

Aug 26, 2005
LOL, I am not ghati. This is my TM as much as it is anybody else's. Whether Kohan, GN, Daei, Talebi or Ghotbi are the coach. You seem to think TM is inheritance from your father. You don't get to tell anyone what or who they can support because guess what... no one gives two shits what you think. I actually want your butt-buddy to win the AC because I consider myself a real fan. Unlike you, whom I am sure would even cheer for TM to lose if the coach wasn't to your liking.

And please, someone who just said "fuck myself" has no room to be talking about intelligence. loooooooooooooooooool ok jigar?

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Ostaad Pooya,

The people who didn't want Ghotbi was the general public, the ordinary fans. Have a look at this board alone to see how many people don't like him as a coach. It's easy to blame IR, but the fact is that as always whoever we get as coach gets heavily criticised. Just name me one coach who hasn't had lots of shit to put up with.

As for Ghotbi, I think you are rushing to judgement. Has three wins really affected you so much that you miss the bigger picture? We haven't won anything yet. We have only won 3 matches. The bigger picture is the football we play and tell me, do you like what you see? Do you like the show on display from this team? Do you pay attention to the finer details of a match?
I tell you what, we are one strong opponent away from a defeat, from being dumped out of the competition once again. I hope it doesn't happen but if it does then I hope you blame Ghotbi just like you are praising him now.

p.s. Ghotbi is a fraud. dame bache ha garm ke toonestan ba in bi barnamegi natije biaran.

ferdosi

Bench Warmer
Apr 21, 2004
This is the sport foroum and I dont want to make any political statement, but there are two things that are facts and both have t be mentioned, As Iranians we have to stop seeing everything as black or white. When we love somebody, we do everything in our power to come with excuses to make the person look good even when he says or does something wrong or stupied. and Also the opposite when we hate somebody even if he does or say something good we still wants to turn and twist it and make it look bad.

So going back to Ghotbi and the two things that are facts and no matter if you love or hate him have to accept it.

1) Ghotbi Should have never attended AN's cermony. He could have come up with excuse, acts as he is sick, fly to Korea to meet wife for emergency and other BS excuses. One person who deserve respect is Ali Daei, as far as I know he never got himself into a situation to end up next to AN. Remember he is the MOST FAMOUS Iranian sport personality. He still hold the record for most number of goals scored in the world. I bet you AN and his gang did their best to get him there but he didn't. He didn't even show up for AN's footsal game with the south american president. Beside Daei there are other examples like, Sejed hasan khomeini, who did not show up. Or Hejazi who came out and told the world about how Mashaei came to use him/buy him for a photo OP.
The end of the story is Ghotbi owe Iranian nation an appology, atleast if you are not helping the cause don't go against it. End of part one no excuses NO BS.

2)Ghotbi has done great with Team melli this can't be denied either. We might get kicked out on Saturday, but I still stand by what Ive said right now. This team is the most Starless team of the past 23 years that I can remember. From 1988 that I can remember team melli untill today, I can't remember any team being as low on stars as this one. The only Star that we have is Nekounam and he is declining. IMO Nekonam was on top of his Career 2 years ago, neverthless he is still good and a star. We have a couple of half stars, which are Teymoorian and Shojaeei. WE do have a really good goal keeper. But the rest of the team are no names. This team plays like a team. Ghotbi line up, his substitutions, team work, all have been great. You have to give credit when credit is due. In 2000, 2004, 2007, with the talent that we had we were expecting to reach far.
This team has no individual star as mentioned earlier. We dont have a speedy players like KIA. We dont have amazing forwards/great headers like Daei or Hashemian. We don't have Azizi or/and Dribblers like Karimi.

To summerize the above and directly to Ghotbi:

Ghotbi... You owe The Iranian nation huge appology but Thank you for bringing Team Melli back to life. Good luck in Japan, and hopefully we will see you next time in a FREE IRAN.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
well winning Cup expectation was raised when somehow against all odds, Ghotbi vowed to win Asian Cup title with Iran prior to Tournament. I think that was one of his biggest publicity mistakes. All realists made fun of his promise, considering current circumstances. but at the same time, it gave an excuse to his all-time bashers that "So if Ghotbi aims to win AC 2011, then if he doesnt, he is a liar and a failure".

btw an interesting graph of Iran team's distance ran during the game against Iraq, compared to some teams' in WC 2010 recently. very impressive!:) Graph by Pejman Nozad.
But if you're talking about the article that was posted here a couple of weeks ago, he never promised winning the cup. I said it in that thread as well, the title said he promised it but in the article itself he never said it. He just said Iran has the quality to challenge and that it's their aim. The title was just to make it spectacular. I don't know, maybe you're talking about another article which I missed :p

Last edited:

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
But if you're talking about the article that was posted here was couple of weeks ago, he never promised winning the cup. I said it in that thread as well, the title said he promised it but in the article itself he never said it. He just said Iran has the quality to challenge and that it's their aim. The title was just to make it spectacular. I don't know, maybe you're talking about another article which I missed :p
he said from the beginning that he aims for the title.. he has admitted that this is the way he is.. he raises the bar and puts on himself and his players to work extra hard to reach the goal..

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
kheili mamnoon Ramin jan!:) it hurts to give a yellow card/warning to you dear old-timers!
Shomaa shekaste nafsi mifarmaaid aabji! Shomaa o amsaale shomaa bikhodo bijahat be digaroon ye maah ye maah ban midid, haalaa injaa mishe it "hurts"?

Nemigam "hurt" nashid, injaa ham chizi pish nayoomade ke aadam bekhaad warning bede yaa ban kone vali vaghti injaa "hurt" mishid o deletoon mishkane o ashke temsaah mirizid, bad nemishod, deletoon vaase digar "hamvatanaanetoon" (ke albate oonaa ham oldtimer hastan!) ham beshkane o "hurt" beshid.

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
no, dont get me wrong! Im not buying into that logic. thats why I said "his all-time bashers"(his typical bashers who hated him from beginning)..so he made a mistake for making that promise bc he gave even greater excuse for his bashers to expect highly of him and condemn him.
I am glad you don't buy into that logic..

Well for Perspolis, at the end he said he promised IPL championship to raise team spirit. but it was a risk, wasnt it?! what if Perspolis couldnt win in 98th min against Sepahan?then it'd be all doom and gloom
Well, as a matter of opinion, I don't think it was risky and if there were any risk it was his reputation (which means nothing in our country anyways).. so he risked that with hopes that his players step up to the challenge.... and remember FIFA took 6 points from his team for something he had nothing to do with.. he wouldn't have needed that game had he had his 6 hard earned 6 points back.

He put a target for himself, but a very high and unrealistic target. How many times s.Korea, Japan, Australia have advanced to WC in the past 5-10 yrs?how did they fare at WC games? how are their domestic leagues compare to crappy IPL? what about their youth academies? Arent they way more consistent in top level than Iran? Yes they are, right? bc they've had great planning in place at all times.

So raising bar, for no reason, knowing that Iran doesnt have a chance against these Top teams to win Asian Cup 2011, is a publicity mistake I think. Reaching semifinal(at most) could be a good target, not the Final. but of course if we do win the title somehow, is a miracle and our coach's genius.
maybe so, but by raising the bar and not reaching it, he couldn't possibly hurt or damage Iranian football.. our football will be what ever it will be regardless of Ghotbi's failure to reach a target he himself had set forth.. if anything, by raising the bar and failing to reach it, he hurts his own reputation! Nothing more! So, who cares? Let him hurt his own reputaton.. (So bashers should be happy that he raised the bar knowing he can't reach it, but did Ghotbi give a hoot? NOPE!)

This is why I think ghotbi did the right thing. He showed guts and put his money where his mouth is.. No Iranian coach has done that, nor have the guts to do that..

I guess I just like coaches who make bold statements and go after it.. as long as he does everything he can to get his team ready to reach it, as long as TM players put up a good fight against their opponent, I don't care if they win or not.. Losing to South Korea is not something to be ashamed of, as long as we put up a fight..

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
he said from the beginning that he aims for the title.. he has admitted that this is the way he is.. he raises the bar and puts on himself and his players to work extra hard to reach the goal..
exactly but aiming for it is different that promising it. Aiming for it is that u'll only be truly satisfied if u win it (reached your aim), promising it is that u guarantee it'll happen. And he didn't do that.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
exactly but aiming for it is different that promising it. Aiming for it is that u'll only be truly satisfied if u win it (reached your aim), promising it is that u guarantee it'll happen. And he didn't do that.
Foad jan,

He did promise the AC title. and then later on reiterated and changed his tone to "we aim for Asian Cup title".

Ghotbi: We will win Asian Cup

(AFP) Sunday 9 January 2011

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/news/newsid=1361578.html

F U to all the Haters
:wave:

I'm surprised at all of you guys.

This bandeye khoda, has come out of closet and expressing his hidden feelings to about 30-40 gardan kolofts in this board,and this is how you support him?

I think you you are jealous. If you all had that prowess of doing 30-40 gardan kolofts, you would have claimed so too and try to impress as well.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005

This bandeye khoda, has come out of closet and expressing his hidden feelings to about 30-40 gardan kolofts in this board,and this is how you support him?

I think you you are jealous. If you all had that prowess of doing 30-40 gardan kolofts, you would have claimed so too and try to impress as well.
lool Are to rast migi. Boro bazi ro negah kon.
Hamon gardan koloftayi ke dari migi alan daran Jelezo Velez mishan. Doa Doa mikona TM bebaze be S.K. Any how i won't respond to any one else here b/c you guys looks like don't get it.
:2v1:

Aug 26, 2005

LOL

The funny thing about Houman is in one thread he is trying to recruit people to support the team - good/nice move IMO - and then in another he is pretending TM is his property and telling people not to support it.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
LOL

The funny thing about Houman is in one thread he is trying to recruit people to support the team - good/nice move IMO - and then in another he is pretending TM is his property and telling people not to support it.
loool. Please show the post that I said TM is my property?
For that last time if you understand English Here is my post
"F U All the haters" means F U all those that said Ghotbi can't coach.

Inam farshish vase dostani ke moshkel fahmidan daran:
"F U" ke hame midonim chie agar mikhahid inam tozi bedam.
"All the haters" Hame onayi ke migoftan ghotbi morabi nist and faghat yek computer analyist hast.

btw I don't need to recruit any one.
:2v1:

Aug 26, 2005
And if people say Ghotbi can't coach...what's it to you? They'll support TM anyway. I think Behrooz said that kudos should go to the players whom are trying their hardest despite Ghotbi's failings. Are you saying "fuck you" to Behrooz or anyone that thinks this way? Akhe mage Ghotbi babate ke dari khodeto mikoshi?

When are you pretending that TM is your property? In this thread alone you've told me not to support TM. That implies you think you have a vested right to do so. You don't; you're a nobody. Know your place.