Afshin Ghotbi Dedicated Thread!

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
But let me tell you something: you have to read between the lines. He says mibaazid, eyne mard bebazid, mibarid eyne mard bebarid. I really believe this guy just realized there is not much to get out of these players. They just dont have it. He is frustrated. I bet he could tell korean and japanies players alot more about how real football should be played but look how frustrated he is he says "hamash harfesho mizanid, vali berid anjaam bedid, 9 taa toon melli hastid"!

Dar asl daare mige: shomaahaa faghat gonde goozitoon khoobe, bazikone harife ghado heykalesh nesve shomaa ham nist vali daare mizaaratetoon too jibesh.

They is a cunt but one thing he is not: He is not dumb. He realized there is not much he can do and change in this country. He just took the money goft baghiash be tokhmam inaaro bokoshi football haalishoon nemishe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
GN is definitely a better coach than Ghotbi. I do not think Afshin knows shit about football. Hala maloom mishe in the J league...
seriously now Sina! the hell with both of them, but are you for real?!
GHN's Esteghlal and Sepahan's star signings, yet screw ups in ACL wasnt enough in your books?! How about his reign in charge of TM?when he had far more quality players than our current squad.

one wrong doesnt make the other right!

Aug 26, 2005
GN's Esteghlal were star signings? No they weren't. Niloufar made-up-fact #459. GN pretty much built Esteghlal for what it was over the last 5-6 years when no one really knew who Rahmati, Talebloo, Kazemi, Ghorbani, Sadeghi, Amirabadi, Bao, Jabbari, Akbarpour, etc, were. The irony is, when GN won his title with Esteghlal, he had kicked out the aging stars and used youth.

GN > Ghotbi, quite easily. He's the best Iranian coach with the best record by a distance.

Last edited:

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
But let me tell you something: you have to read between the lines. He says mibaazid, eyne mard bebazid,
He actually says if you lose lose like a man. But if you win win like a TEAM. I believe he was a good psychologist for the team and understood Football. Its the infrastructure, lack of good youth programs and football schools, good friendlies and player development and most importantly the shitty islamic regime in charge that has sunk our team.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
That video is over 2 years old. 2 years ago, the reactions to this video by the same people was different(well not all of them, but you know who)

There's nothing wrong with the video. If there was anything wrong, he wouldn't have released it. And it's a halftime talk.

Btw. no team from Bangladesh would hire GN, nevermind J-League team, so please, don't compare the two. No matter how bad Ghotbi is and what a sellout he is, coaching wise he is Arrigo Sacchi compared to GN.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2002
GN is definitely a better coach than Ghotbi. I do not think Afshin knows shit about football. Hala maloom mishe in the J league...
vala hich morrabi iroonio to tavilehaye japon ham rah nemidan , baz in yaro dare to j league coach mikone ..
lets have some logic at least

Aug 26, 2005
Btw. no team from Bangladesh would hire GN, nevermind J-League team, so please, don't compare the two. No matter how bad Ghotbi is and what a sellout he is, coaching wise he is Arrigo Sacchi compared to GN.
Ghotbi was rejected by every team in the A-League; how he got a job in J-League is a mystery but it isn't because of results or because his teams play well, let's get real. He's done a fantastic job promoting himself and promising the world but that's pretty much all he's good at. It's not even a discussion, GN is the best coach in IPL history; the results and performances speak for themselves.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
^^^

I didn't know clubs from the J-League fall for promotion. But as I said, no club from Bangladesh would hire GN, even with the best promotion possible.

xoraster

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
Its almost comical reading these arguments on who is better of GN or Ghotbi. Its like having an intense discussion on whats more embarrassing, crapping yourself or pissing in your pants.
Because by the end of the day, they both stink.
Ghotbi could after 2 years not create a team that could move the ball around, a minimum recruitment for any team that’s wants to win games. At the same time, the same players who could not pass and move when under pressure (Hosseini, Aghily) are the same players who are coached by GN day in and day out. Its not like Aghily and Hossini are distributing balls and establishing rhythm in Sepahan, particularly when Sepahan is in ACL where GN’s results are plain awful.

The crappiness of one plays of the each other.

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
Ghotbi could after 2 years not create a team that could move the ball around, a minimum recruitment for any team that’s wants to win games.

Let's see.. You have been bragging about Branko for years.. Branko had our players for 5 freaking years...
Where were you to talk about our players ability to move the ball then?

You want proof of how "Well" our players moved the ball around, after years of coaching by Branko?
go watch Iran against Japan (in WCQ 2005, away game in Japan).. by then Branko had been with us for over 4 years.. watch how well we move the ball in that game.. and mind you, half of brnko's team were either playing in Europe, or soon to be transferred .. they were by far one of our best group of players in our history..

I never forget how the English commentators were laughing (literally laughing) at the way our players were moving the ball.. Just watch the first half of that game.. that should be enough.. don't need to watch 90 minutes of laughing stock..

but remember, I am not blaming Branko for that.. but you blame Ghotbi for something that 50 other coaches in IPL haven't been able to teach these players..and those coaches have these players day in and day out, week after week, year after year..

double standard and the hypocrisy, THE trade mark of Iranian football fans..

Last edited:

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
Ghotbi was rejected by every team in the A-League; how he got a job in J-League is a mystery but it isn't because of results or because his teams play well, let's get real. He's done a fantastic job promoting himself and promising the world but that's pretty much all he's good at. It's not even a discussion, GN is the best coach in IPL history; the results and performances speak for themselves.
Ghotbi's record in IPL is 100%.. 1 out of 1..

What's GN's?

GN buys championships in IPL.. He doesn't have players named: Abdi, zareyee, aghayee, bagheri ha, faraz fatemi when he wins championships.. Ghotbi did.

xoraster

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
Let's see.. You have been bragging about Branko for years.. Branko had our players for 5 freaking years...
Where were you to talk about our players ability to move the ball then?

You want proof of how "Well" our players moved the ball around, after years of coaching by Branko?
go watch Iran against Japan (in WCQ 2005, away game in Japan).. by then Branko had been with us for over 4 years.. watch how well we move the ball in that game.. and mind you, half of brnko's team were either playing in Europe, or soon to be transferred .. they were by far one of our best group of players in our history..

I never forget how the English commentators were laughing (literally laughing) at the way our players were moving the ball.. Just watch the first half of that game.. that should be enough.. don't need to watch 90 minutes of laughing stock..

but remember, I am not blaming Branko for that.. but you blame Ghotbi for something that 50 other coaches in IPL haven't been able to teach these players..and those coaches have these players day in and day out, week after week, year after year..

double standard and the hypocrisy, THE trade mark of Iranian football fans..
Brankos results were good enough to beat the same Korea back in 2004. One of Karimis goal, in that 4-3 game, was made after Iran passed the ball ca 25 times, more than Ghotbis team did in all of Asian Cup.

If coaching is about getting results, then Brankos results are better than GN, Peyrovani, Daei and Ghotbis all together.

I dont see a case for any other arguements.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
He actually says if you lose lose like a man. But if you win win like a TEAM. .

I wish he had said that and had that attitude in the Korea game , he didn't practice what he preached , first 3 games we fought and pressed our opponents hard ,even Eurosport commentators were surprised by our level of fitness and ability to carry that all through 90 minutes , but against Korea we were exactly the opposite ,gave them too much time and space on the ball and were too nice to them while they did not even give us 2 seconds on the ball ,they stopped us either by foul or forcing us to panic and lose possession.

That video is over 2 years old. 2 years ago, the reactions to this video by the same people was different(well not all of them, but you know who)

There's nothing wrong with the video. If there was anything wrong, he wouldn't have released it. And it's a halftime talk.

I don't think ghotbi is anywhere near Ghalenoie as far as football coaching and skills, but ghotbi with his ability to communicate and his good public relations is steps ahead of Ghalenoie , he is a good communicator and has worked abroad ( in whatever capacity ) and knows how to present himself.

But as far as football coaching I don't rate him that high.

Aug 26, 2005
Ghotbi's record in IPL is 100%.. 1 out of 1..

What's GN's?

GN buys championships in IPL.. He doesn't have players named: Abdi, zareyee, aghayee, bagheri ha, faraz fatemi when he wins championships.. Ghotbi did.
It's not, he won one title and left the year after struggling in his second year. GN has won 3 titles with 2 different sides and in amazing circumstances. He broke all records with one team and broke them again with another. And arguing as if Ghotbi's team was weak is hilarious. Ghotbi's team was star-studded. I remember even defending him on this point saying at least he won with this team. I even defended the fact that he kept winning games despite the fact that his team's played crap football even by IPL standards. The guy has never put together a fluid team in his short career thus far.

Some things are not arguable to an intelligent degree and this is one of them...GN > Ghotbi by a distance.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2005
^^^

I didn't know clubs from the J-League fall for promotion. But as I said, no club from Bangladesh would hire GN, even with the best promotion possible.
GN with all his warts was wanted by Pakhtakor. Teams like Sepahan and Esteghlal are amongst the biggest in Asia anyway...why move to the J-League and coach teams inferior? Ghotbi's team is a mid-table team in the J-League whose best ever achievement is a runner up place 12 years ago. Sepahan and Esteghlal are more renown clubs.

This is like arguing Shojaei is a great player because he plays in Osasuna. Ghotbi has had a career in IPL and TM. We know what he has to offer...big mouth, little spine and not a whole lot else.

People just detest GN so they can't give him his dues. If I had said Ebrahimizadeh > Ghotbi not as many would argue (and they shouldn't either as he is better as well).

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2007
hahahahahah with GN's achivements in IPL! Reminds me of AN's achievements in Iranian economy. He also shows stats to prove his point like you. but you know what, your stat and his stats both suck and are disgusting. why? because they're fabricated. They smell like shit. Only idiots would buy that.
and I'm happy to see on this forum there are only two idiots who believe in those stats.
No wonder I'm an ISP member.
Go ISP.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
I don't want to discuss GN vs Ghotbi as it's irrelevant and quite frankly a bit too funny. GN is wanted by Pakhtakhor? So why is he still in Iran? because jamkaran is too far away?

But the bigger point is that this video is around 2 years old and 1-2 members who bash Ghotbi now for this video were in awe 2 years ago about what a leader he is. Mind you, for a half time talk, there's nothing wrong with the video or what he says.

But anyway, that same person until 2 years ago also wanted to shoot everyone not voting for Obama but now is Obama's enemy and would prefer to vote teabaggers over him. It would be a swell idea to try to analyze people without emotions...mind you I was also a bit over emotional back then with Ghotbi but anyway, we all make mistakes. But going emotionally the other way is ridiculous.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Ghotbi's only been coach in the IPL and TM. Which stats do you propose we use? UCLA Bruins Women's team? LOL

Here are some more "fabricated stats"

http://iplstats.com/website05-06/tableoverall.htm
http://iplstats.com/website08-09/tableoverall.htm
http://iplstats.com/website09-10/tableoverall.htm
Ghotbi with that Persepolis team however had still the most wins by anyone in IPL history, most goals scored I believe too and without the point deduction, would also have had the most points won. If you want to take IPL as a measure, GN is nowhere near Ghotbi.