Afshin Ghotbi Dedicated Thread!

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Come on!!! We had one good game against a lousy team and now suddenly Ghotbi is god and all his bashers should come and acknowledge that?

Let's see what he does against South Korea before you start to worship him.

and if winning or losing to SK doesn't matter for you, then there is no difference between Ghotbi and GN, Daei, etc. Cause even with them, we had won against lousy teams like UAE.

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
i still hate him, beside we still have not done jack. you guys are celebrating as if we have gone to the world cup.

we are expected to move out of the group stage. if that comes as a surprise to some, than i think we are in big trouble

when the points really mattered, case in point, world cup qualification we chocked with this guy!!!

lets wait til semi than talk about this charlatan

Wrong.. We choked with your favorite coach, Daie...
We gave UAE the only paints they got in the whole tournament and we couldn't beat a KSA team that couldn't beat anybody ... That's were WE , (DAIE) choked...

don't worry, you'll get your chance to come here (when the other sites are down ;) ) to gloat when Iran is eliminated, be it in QF, SF or the final..

xoraster

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
For the 100th time.

Its a result oriented business.

If he can bring home the cup or at least get a medal, he deserves respect.
If we, god forbid, lose to South Korea in the quarter final, his reign will not be much to talk about.
If he wins, he´ll be placed next to the greatest legends.

By the end of the day, its simple math.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
For the 100th time.

If we, god forbid, lose to South Korea in the quarter final, his reign will not be much to talk about.

that's simply it..

on a personal level, he lost too much.

on a professional level, he could prove that he is a half-capable coach.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
I respectfully disagree..

If you are one of those who hate him for having attended An's inauguration then you shouldn't be waiting for him to beat South Korea or Brazil... you hate him anyways..

If you are one of those who for 2 years has been calling him a No good coach who isn't a coach and he is a computer video game designer and ..etc etc .. then you are having a very BITTER time right now.. (I know you are not one of these guys)..

Losing to South Korea doesn't Make ghotbi a good coach or a bad coach..
A lot of good coaches have lost to south Korea and ironically Mayelee kohan destroyed them...

I have been a supporter of Ghotbi, I think he has been a good coach, both for Perspolis and TM and he has brought something new to the table for ALL Iranian coaches to learn from. But that is simply an opinion on him as a football coach... However, I personally don't blame him for having to attend AN's inauguration because I believed him when he said he was asked in a way that he couldn't say NO... I have lived in Iran long enough to understand how that could be true..

well this would turn into a political discussion which doesnt belong in this thread. but I disagree with ur last statement of Ghotbi not having any choice. Apart from that, there were numerous times he blindly defended IFF(despite all the shortcomings we had in the last year).

Ive never considered him a video-analyzer. I was actually one of his big fans after his first season as Pers coach. He is still one of the best Iranian coaches we could have in charge of TM.

but actually overstating our achievement so far(which was qualification from Group stage as first team) before watching our QF performance-result, is unfair too.

If we go by facts, Ghalenoie too managed to take TM to Quarter Final!
so now that we reached QF again, it shouldnt be called a miracle technically, should it? although the way Iran made come-backs in each game is a huge difference than TM's performance under GHN.

Thats the problem with IFF..and I dont blame Ghotbi or any TM coach really. stupid IFF doesnt put TARGET for coach's achievement. Even if TM wins AC final, if they want, they fire TM coach. but if TM stumbles in group stage, if they like the coach, they keep him.

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
Someone can be a good doctor, and be a good khayehmal. Just being good at the latter does not take away from the former. There is no relationship between the two.

Also someone can be a good coach, and be a good khayehmal. Ghotbi is definitely an Islamic killers khayehmal. Whether he is a good coach remains to be seen.

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
^ I agree that prayers should supplement hard work and talent, but hey, they can be answered!

So hopefully they win it all!! Thx for kind words!

Jul 28, 2007
Ghobti’s attendance at AN’s inaugurial party is something unforgettable & unforgiveable. It broke my heart, my father’s heart, our hearts and hearts of millions of Iranians who admired him for his character and achievements in Perspolis/Iran. Due to that disgusting act, I have only watched one of Iran’s Asian games so far (against Iraq). Even today, “in Dubai”, I actually watched Iraq Vs. NK’s game. Anyway, I’m happy that we beat two arab teams so far, that gives me joy.
But now let me be frank with some of you “Los Angeles neshinha” that are here bashing left and right Ghotbi. You know what, Ghotbi is you and you are Ghotbi. Ghotbi is just a TYPICAL LA-based Iranian. Soodjoo, noon beh nerkhe rooz khoor va bi khayeh. Anybody who’s been around Iranian in LA and…… California and even other places in the States know that fact. Now I’m not saying all, but an overwhelming majority fall into that category. By the way, what’s the population of Iranians living in Canada?
I’ve said it once before and I repeat here again, when you North Amercians failed to appear in enough numbers during AN’s visit to NY, during 2009, just days after Neda’s murder (round the same time that Ghotbi’s shameful act), is no less disgusting of what he did. Lakkehye nangiye roo pishooniye hamatoon.
It is believed there are around 3 million Iranians living in North America. How many of you actually attended the demonstrations that day in NY. Let me refresh your memory less than 7000! And many of that figure had actually flown in from Europe.
Pas naneh man gharibam basseh, shoma hamatoon yek mosht khayeh malo boz del noon beh nerkhe roozid, eyne Ghotbi. Hala Ghotbi too Iran oon joori k@re AN ro lisid, shomaha yek joore digeh.
Freakin’ hypocrite pussies.

Oct 18, 2002
704 Houser
Ghobti’s attendance at AN’s inaugurial party is something unforgettable & unforgiveable. It broke my heart, my father’s heart, our hearts and hearts of millions of Iranians who admired him for his character and achievements in Perspolis/Iran. Due to that disgusting act, I have only watched one of Iran’s Asian games so far (against Iraq). Even today, “in Dubai”, I actually watched Iraq Vs. NK’s game. Anyway, I’m happy that we beat two arab teams so far, that gives me joy.
But now let me be frank with some of you “Los Angeles neshinha” that are here bashing left and right Ghotbi. You know what, Ghotbi is you and you are Ghotbi. Ghotbi is just a TYPICAL LA-based Iranian. Soodjoo, noon beh nerkhe rooz khoor va bi khayeh. Anybody who’s been around Iranian in LA and…… California and even other places in the States know that fact. Now I’m not saying all, but an overwhelming majority fall into that category. By the way, what’s the population of Iranians living in Canada?
I’ve said it once before and I repeat here again, when you North Amercians failed to appear in enough numbers during AN’s visit to NY, during 2009, just days after Neda’s murder (round the same time that Ghotbi’s shameful act), is no less disgusting of what he did. Lakkehye nangiye roo pishooniye hamatoon.
It is believed there are around 3 million Iranians living in North America. How many of you actually attended the demonstrations that day in NY. Let me refresh your memory less than 7000! And many of that figure had actually flown in from Europe.
Pas naneh man gharibam basseh, shoma hamatoon yek mosht khayeh malo boz del noon beh nerkhe roozid, eyne Ghotbi. Hala Ghotbi too Iran oon joori k@re AN ro lisid, shomaha yek joore digeh.
I'm not an LA based Iranian, vali khodeti.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I ask you a simple question ... what if Ghotbi was forced to go ?
The worst thing is that we are insulting each other and we don't have unity ... AN came to NY, 3M live in California... so you are saying, that people have to spend 2,000 dollars to go to NY so AN is coming ... that is to me irrational my friend ...
Don't forget that every single car that Iranian buy, 25% goes straight to the pocket of some people ... so don't buy cars ... there are so many things we can do and we don't ... dont' call everyone liars and don't put everyone under the same umbrella ... that is not fair

Last edited:

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
For the 100th time.

So Mayelee Kohan is (or should be) on that list, right? He thrashed South Korea and finished third...

Jul 28, 2007
I ask you a simple question ... what if Ghotbi was forced to go ?
The worst thing is that we are insulting each other and we don't have unity ... AN came to NY, 3M live in California... so you are saying, that people have to spend 2,000 dollars to go to NY so AN is coming ... that is to me irrational my friend ...
Don't forget that every single car that Iranian buy, 25% goes straight to the pocket of some people ... so don't buy cars ... there are so many things we can do and we don't ... dont' call everyone liars and don't put everyone under the same umbrella ... that is not fair
1) I've no doubt that he had some options to avoid that fuc**ng gathering (which was celebrated on Taraneh's blood, Neda's blood, Sohrab's blood....). He failed to do so. We've talked abou this in various threads at length. He's just a typical LA-neshin Iranian. Period.
2) Average salary of majority of Iranians living in the States is quite high, don't tell me people living in one-million dollar houses cannot affors to pay 2000 USD for a round trip ticket to NY. They pay a lot more than that for freakin' "persian nights" in Vegas to watch "Michael and Fattaneh"....We all know that...We all know people who've done that and are doing that...Ghotbi is a "kharko$deh like Amir Ghasemi, like Shabkhiz..
(by the way I thought Iran is worth a lot more than 2000 USD in a year....)
3) I didn't say all Iranians living in the states, but OVERWHELMING MAJORITY.
4) On any single day, in Berlin, Hamburg, Stockholm, Paris,... you can gather 7000 Iranians protesting against Iraninan regime. Most of them are people with a much lower income compared to Iranian-Americans, and under a lot more risk (you know what I mean)....but they do risk their lives...sacrifice their jobs/livelihood for a protest against the islamic disctatorship.

Jul 28, 2007
well this would turn into a political discussion which doesnt belong in this thread. but I disagree with ur last statement of Ghotbi not having any choice. Apart from that, there were numerous times he blindly defended IFF(despite all the shortcomings we had in the last year).

Ive never considered him a video-analyzer. I was actually one of his big fans after his first season as Pers coach. He is still one of the best Iranian coaches we could have in charge of TM.

but actually overstating our achievement so far(which was qualification from Group stage as first team) before watching our QF performance-result, is unfair too.

If we go by facts, Ghalenoie too managed to take TM to Quarter Final!
so now that we reached QF again, it shouldnt be called a miracle technically, should it? although the way Iran made come-backs in each game is a huge difference than TM's performance under GHN.

Thats the problem with IFF..and I dont blame Ghotbi or any TM coach really. stupid IFF doesnt put TARGET for coach's achievement. Even if TM wins AC final, if they want, they fire TM coach. but if TM stumbles in group stage, if they like the coach, they keep him.
Thanks Nilou jan..words of wisdom.

RDLjan,

I have to disagree with your assumptions there.

There are not 3 million Iranians in North America. Less than 2 Million and official figures suggest less than 1.5 million.

There were not 7000 people protesting AN's presence in NY, but at least 20,000. I was there and can testify that the crowd (specially the green crowd) was quite big.

The typical LA Iranian has not been to Iran for years (sometimes decades) and has no stake in the outcome of Iranian political/social struggles. At the same time, the typical North American Iranian is far more educated and prosperous compared to the average Iranian in Iran. Don't get fooled by the entertainers of LA channels and the business-oriented atmosphere of such media. The typical North American Iranian is very hard-working and intelligent, and seldom willing to get involved with the disgusting scene of Islamic politics currently plaguing Iran.

You got carried away with your generalization there aziz. It's not like what you think at all. Having seen what a clusterfuck our country has turned into, I'm actually proud of Iranians in North America for their peaceful, prosperous and "Iran-loving" characteristics.

We can always pick on little things here and there, but facts speak loudly. Iranians in North America are not sell-outs in general. They maintained their sanity and love towards Iran after the disasters of 1979, the 8-year war and the election of fuckheads like AN in Iran. They still care about Iran even though Iran has given them nothing but bad exposure, embarrassment and misery for the past 30 years.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
RDLjan,

I have to disagree with your assumptions there.

There are not 3 million Iranians in North America. Less than 2 Million and official figures suggest less than 1.5 million.

There were not 7000 people protesting AN's presence in NY, but at least 20,000. I was there and can testify that the crowd (specially the green crowd) was quite big.

The typical LA Iranian has not been to Iran for years (sometimes decades) and has no stake in the outcome of Iranian political/social struggles. At the same time, the typical North American Iranian is far more educated and prosperous compared to the average Iranian in Iran. Don't get fooled by the entertainers of LA channels and the business-oriented atmosphere of such media. The typical North American Iranian is very hard-working and intelligent, and seldom willing to get involved with the disgusting scene of Islamic politics currently plaguing Iran.

You got carried away with your generalization there aziz. It's not like what you think at all. Having seen what a clusterfuck our country has turned into, I'm actually proud of Iranians in North America for their peaceful, prosperous and "Iran-loving" characteristics.

We can always pick on little things here and there, but facts speak loudly. Iranians in North America are not sell-outs in general. They maintained their sanity and love towards Iran after the disasters of 1979, the 8-year war and the election of fuckheads like AN in Iran. They still care about Iran even though Iran has given them nothing but bad exposure, embarrassment and misery for the past 30 years.
may i ask why this loving and caring Iranian-North Americans dont go back to iran? did the movement in Tunisia started in USA or Canada?

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
may i ask why this loving and caring Iranian-North Americans dont go back to iran? did the movement in Tunisia started in USA or Canada?
conversation started that nort american - iranians are all traitors ... to me if I don't go to NY to show my anger, that doesn't make me a traitor or a person that doesn't care ...
We came for a better life ... but we all still care ... maybe we are not super patriotic but not traitor either