Afshin Ghotbi Dedicated Thread!

Mehran(ISP)

<b>Administrator</b>
Oct 16, 2002
MD, USA
Ghobti’s attendance at AN’s inaugurial party is something unforgettable & unforgiveable. It broke my heart, my father’s heart, our hearts and hearts of millions of Iranians who admired him for his character and achievements in Perspolis/Iran. Due to that disgusting act, I have only watched one of Iran’s Asian games so far (against Iraq). Even today, “in Dubai”, I actually watched Iraq Vs. NK’s game. Anyway, I’m happy that we beat two arab teams so far, that gives me joy.
But now let me be frank with some of you “Los Angeles neshinha” that are here bashing left and right Ghotbi. You know what, Ghotbi is you and you are Ghotbi. Ghotbi is just a TYPICAL LA-based Iranian. Soodjoo, noon beh nerkhe rooz khoor va bi khayeh. Anybody who’s been around Iranian in LA and…… California and even other places in the States know that fact. Now I’m not saying all, but an overwhelming majority fall into that category. By the way, what’s the population of Iranians living in Canada?
I’ve said it once before and I repeat here again, when you North Amercians failed to appear in enough numbers during AN’s visit to NY, during 2009, just days after Neda’s murder (round the same time that Ghotbi’s shameful act), is no less disgusting of what he did. Lakkehye nangiye roo pishooniye hamatoon.
It is believed there are around 3 million Iranians living in North America. How many of you actually attended the demonstrations that day in NY. Let me refresh your memory less than 7000! And many of that figure had actually flown in from Europe.
Pas naneh man gharibam basseh, shoma hamatoon yek mosht khayeh malo boz del noon beh nerkhe roozid, eyne Ghotbi. Hala Ghotbi too Iran oon joori k@re AN ro lisid, shomaha yek joore digeh.
Freakin’ hypocrite pussies.

I had to do a market analysis on the iranian population residing in U.S. According to the U.S census number, Iranians are the most educated of all groups residing in the U.S. They also have the highest per capita income. The also said that the average price per home for every iranian in the U.S is around $600k which is also the highest. But, in the same study, only 20% (or something close to that figure) of iranian population in the U.S own homes so mostly rent. They eventually figured out that you're either rich, or poor starting your life in the U.S; but still educated. There's no middle class. Your notion that everyone should of attended protest is just not logical; you can't expect someone living and renting to pay $2,000 and attend the protest. Not every Iranian in the U.S lives like what you see on the LA TV stations, 80% don't. You're basically stereotyping. If you feel that that is worth the $2,000 and people from europe could of attended it, i simply ask why didn't you make the trip from Dubai to do so yourself. Round trip with hotel would of cost you around or less than $2,000.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
conversation started that nort american - iranians are all traitors ... to me if I don't go to NY to show my anger, that doesn't make me a traitor or a person that doesn't care ...
We came for a better life ... but we all still care ... maybe we are not super patriotic but not traitor either
this is where different of opinion comes in, i am speaking for myself, i dont believe someone "CARES" if u attend or dont attend NY demonstration, i believe if you care you do things that make a difference, U SHOW that you care by making the the change, ie going back to iran and THEN join the demonstration, people can go in front of UN 30 years in a row, will that change the government? however same people go out IN IRAN 30 DAYS in a row and we have a new government, bottom line is no revolution is peaceful, no one is going to say, oh u guys are not happy, ok i will go !!! people need to die for change this big. and Iranians who left (including myself) and those trying to leave (including MANY) are not willing to die. hence why i strongly believe we will NOT see any change for years to come.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
this is where different of opinion comes in, i am speaking for myself, i dont believe someone "CARES" if u attend or dont attend NY demonstration, i believe if you care you do things that make a difference, U SHOW that you care by making the the change, ie going back to iran and THEN join the demonstration, people can go in front of UN 30 years in a row, will that change the government? however same people go out IN IRAN 30 DAYS in a row and we have a new government, bottom line is no revolution is peaceful, no one is going to say, oh u guys are not happy, ok i will go !!! people need to die for change this big. and Iranians who left (including myself) and those trying to leave (including MANY) are not willing to die. hence why i strongly believe we will NOT see any change for years to come.
I agree with you that we shouldn't sit back and say "lengesh kon" but still a person called Pouya cares about Iran ... a person called IEI cares about Iran, I might not be brave enough to go in front of bullet but still care ...
I think the reason is not effort .. it is that we don't know what we want as a nation ... personally a lot of people who want change ... but dont' know what change is ...
Also about Tunisia, government of Iran is 1000% worse that Ben Ali ...

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I had to do a market analysis on the iranian population residing in U.S. According to the U.S census number, Iranians are the most educated of all groups residing in the U.S. They also have the highest per capita income. The also said that the average price per home for every iranian in the U.S is around $600k which is also the highest. But, in the same study, only 20% (or something close to that figure) of iranian population in the U.S own homes so mostly rent. They eventually figured out that you're either rich, or poor starting your life in the U.S; but still educated. There's no middle class. Your notion that everyone should of attended protest is just not logical; you can't expect someone living and renting to pay $2,000 and attend the protest. Not every Iranian in the U.S lives like what you see on the LA TV stations, 80% don't. You're basically stereotyping. If you feel that that is worth the $2,000 and people from europe could of attended it, i simply ask why didn't you make the trip from Dubai to do so yourself. Round trip with hotel would of cost you around or less than $2,000.
One person that uses logic and statistics ...
Great Post

Jul 28, 2007
RDLjan,

I have to disagree with your assumptions there.

There are not 3 million Iranians in North America. Less than 2 Million and official figures suggest less than 1.5 million.

There were not 7000 people protesting AN's presence in NY, but at least 20,000. I was there and can testify that the crowd (specially the green crowd) was quite big.

The typical LA Iranian has not been to Iran for years (sometimes decades) and has no stake in the outcome of Iranian political/social struggles. At the same time, the typical North American Iranian is far more educated and prosperous compared to the average Iranian in Iran. Don't get fooled by the entertainers of LA channels and the business-oriented atmosphere of such media. The typical North American Iranian is very hard-working and intelligent, and seldom willing to get involved with the disgusting scene of Islamic politics currently plaguing Iran.

You got carried away with your generalization there aziz. It's not like what you think at all. Having seen what a clusterfuck our country has turned into, I'm actually proud of Iranians in North America for their peaceful, prosperous and "Iran-loving" characteristics.

We can always pick on little things here and there, but facts speak loudly. Iranians in North America are not sell-outs in general. They maintained their sanity and love towards Iran after the disasters of 1979, the 8-year war and the election of fuckheads like AN in Iran. They still care about Iran even though Iran has given them nothing but bad exposure, embarrassment and misery for the past 30 years.
1) Soroosh jan, nobody questioned their hard working attitude and level of education I'm talking about their general approach towards islamic regime. (they are as cheap as LA hookers, migi nah az Simply Ken bepors ;))
2) Brother, I know you were in NYC that famous day I still do remember your beautiful and emotional report and that's why I'm so proud of you, but I know other people who were there....and they have a different view. e.g. there were many many Iranian students from NYC and Washington unis (not Iranian Americans)...don't forget to count in European travellers...
2) Summer 2008, I was in Paris this trip coincided with MKO's annual gathering, there were around 50,000 Iranians in a hired salone. I didn't attend cause I don't like them either but that's what the papers wrote that day. & this is just MKO supporters...the one that we love to hate.
3) Just look at the (green) revolutionary materials produced/published by Iranians in Europe compared to their counterparts in America, I means films/documentaries etc. It's not comparable bro. Imagine they're just next to Holleywood and can't just make a documentary on the green revolutions...bastards.
3) After 31 years, North Americans come up with Kamran Hooman....Europeans with Shahin Najafi.
4) Let's say 1.5 million, what's 5% of that?
5) To cut the story short khake Los Angeles Kharko$$deh parvareh, migi nah az Afhsin, Ashtar, Simply Ken, Shab Khiz, Amir Ghasemi and etc. bepors..
6) If only you were right....

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2007
If you feel that that is worth the $2,000 and people from europe could of attended it, i simply ask why didn't you make the trip from Dubai to do so yourself. Round trip with hotel would of cost you around or less than $2,000.
1) I've done a lot more than that...
I prefer not to talk about them here on an internet forum.
2) Mehran joon, a few weeks ago there was an interview on radio farda with an iranian researcher based in France, (who is doing an exhaustive research on Iranians is diaspora), please google it and listen to the interview. The numbers would surrpise you.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
1) I've done a lot more than that...
I prefer not to talk about them here on an internet forum.
2) Mehran joon, a few weeks ago there was an interview on radio farda with an iranian researcher based in France, (who is doing an exhaustive research on Iranians is diaspora), please google it and listen to the interview. The numbers would surrpise you.
LOL, That individual is a relative of mine :D

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
Agha jaan, gooz be shaghigheh chikar dareh. Ghotbi attended AN's gathering right in the midst of the dispute when people were dying and refusing to accept AN, and then Ghotbi shows up in the gathering.

Are you saying that anyone who lives in LA is the same as that? That's crazy. Also, assuming he was forced at gun point to go there, how about his latest comment that he wants to win the cup to unite Iraninans, i.e. Green and AN/Ali Geda. Nobody forced him to say that. He should just shut up and stay away from politics. Anyways, the players should take most of the credit so far, and not Ghotbi.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
And if Iran had lost it would've been Ghotbi's fault, right? Do u promise to blame it on the players if Iran gets knocked out by S.Korea? U have to stay consistent after all.
The fact is that Ghotbi is devil now ... like Ali Daei in 2006, one day hero and one day traitor and again hero :D
Dasteshoon be sareh shireh nemireseh domesh ro gereftan vel nemikonan ...

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
Alot of jealous Iranians who would love to move to So. Cal. but can't are coming out of the woodworks.
Actually, I dont agree with most things that has been said before in this thread and I dont think negative about any Iranians in any place of the world, but THIS is the one thing that disturbs me a bit with a lot of Iranians in LA and California.

I have almost never spoken to any Iranian in CA that hasnt been like :

"We live in the best place in the world, LA is the greatest city in the world, we have the best this and the best that we are so superior bla. bla. bla. and anyone who doesnt live here doesnt cause he/she cant and they are JEALOUS of us etc. etc."

Pretty much exactly what you said, you summed it up well

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
And if Iran had lost it would've been Ghotbi's fault, right? Do u promise to blame it on the players if Iran gets knocked out by S.Korea? U have to stay consistent after all.
Agreed. I also tell you that, watching all three games, it is clear to me that it is wrong to look at the end results only. Iran did get lucky too. The first two games could have easily been two ties and fair results. Many people that praise Ghotbi (and even this team) are looking at the results only. The team could not get to the third pass in the game with North Korea many times. It was at times very embarrasing.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Actually, I dont agree with most things that has been said before in this thread and I dont think negative about any Iranians in any place of the world, but THIS is the one thing that disturbs me a bit with a lot of Iranians in LA and California.

"We live in the best place in the world, LA is the greatest city in the world, we have the best this and the best that we are so superior bla. bla. bla. and anyone who doesnt live here doesnt cause he/she cant and they are JEALOUS of us etc. etc."

I am the last one to defend LA even though I wouldn't live anywhere else but here or Isfahan but when some people say things like khake LA kharkose parvareh the only thing that comes to my mind is jealousy.

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005

You should get around some more and talk some more Iranians in CA. Also, being happy about where you live does not mean that you are superior, but just means that you like that aspect of your life. The main problem is generalizations, like Iranians in LA, Iranians in UAE, etc.

The subject of disucssion here is Ghotbi, and then generalizing that because Ghotbi lived in LA, any person in LA would be like Ghotbi. This is, with all due respect, crazy logic.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002

This is not Iranian in LA that are like that but people in LA are like that ...
dream of californication ... what a joke
Having said that, I don't believe all Iranians in LA are like that ... but some of them are ...