Afshin Ghotbi Dedicated Thread!

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Ostad pooya jan,
Looking only at the results so far, Ghotbi has done something that every other Iranian coach before him has done too: taking us to the second round of Asian cup!

Deerouz jaan technically speaking results have to be looked at within its own context. If I remember correctly we almost got kicked out in 2004 under Branco after being down 0 2 to Oman or someone (players slapped each other). and tied Japan.

The same happened in 2007 where we tied a team.

Ghotbi has managed to win all 3 games so far. Looking at results Iran also played great against Korea under Ghotbi during the WC qualifiers and if it was not for Daei's shortcomings we would of been in the WC. I am not basing what I am saying on these results individually anyways. He has brought a lot to Iranian football and that has to be accepted and respected. Credit has to be given where its due and he has done a lot for Iran football and is the most capable and knowledgeable Iranian coach in my opinion. Now some have a personal vendetta against him or don't like him for other reasons and use those as excuses to discount his coaching abilities.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
If that is an apology, apology accepted......

I know it is tough and stressful times for those who care about Iran and Irani. That is why I chose to ignore your insults and comments like "mental blow jobs" or "for your own good",........

People do not necessarily look at phenomenon like you do or process the way you do.No two people think exactly alike.You may chose to go extremes on issues, but you can not expect me ,while agreeing in principle with your beliefs,to take same extremes.....

You may hate GN. So do I.But when I propose that daei to be held to the same standards of judgment as GN has been, you can not assume that I'm pro GN. The least you could have done, was to extend benefit of doubt , attain certainty in your assumptions ,then make accusations. I know this subject came out at the wrong time. Perspolise loss to taj was too emotional for her fans,but I really expected to see more maturity from you.

That is true about other issues. While I consider ferdosipour,a wonderful host of a program that stimulated critical thinking at least among football fans, I also do see that perhaps 10% of time he may be diverting. I'm entitled to have different opinions with Ferdosipour. As a teraktor fan, and fan of sharestani teams, I'm not thrilled the way he is treating them at times and is biased towards two tehrani giants. Why do you assume that being critical ( in this case on minor portion) of Ferdosipour equates being pro GN? Gn, Parvin, IFF,IRI officials and semi officials , and many more all have been against ferdosipour at times. Without asking any questions from me, you just assume my criticism towards FP ( albeit insignificant) equates support of GN? why not support of kamalvand, or kafashian or parvin,or....?
That pre judgment was very short sighted.

There are people like me that would not like to fall in black and white of things. Bullying approach would not change that.We may not be right all the time, but we value our opinion.

My personality is not shaped to make ghadis out of pop culture figures. I can have my assesment on Modiris, ferdosipours,daeis and mazdaks of the world. And I should be able to express them without being bullied and put in corner that If i say something,people may think I'm pro GN because that is what Ramin keeps telling them!

After all, 11 half naked men chasing a round ball doesn't warrant these harsh exchanges among people that apparently are on the same side of major and important issues that concern our beloved nation.
Eyval be to mard e azadeh ...:dametjoosh:

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar

No matter what he does, he will always be remembered as Afshin Kodeta chi, as his legacy. The welcome that Iranians of malysia and Singapore gave him when TM played there.
Time will show if that is True or not.

Although I understand the frustration that he caused among the "Green" guys, I personally believe that he had a moment of "What the fuck do I do now" .. and he made the wrong choice..

I feel that he has never been able to talk about that as long as he is coaching TM (or a club in Iran).. I am sure once he is done with TM (as early as tomorrow) before long someone will approach him and ask him about that and this subject will come up again..

Jul 28, 2007
If that is an apology, apology accepted......

I know it is tough and stressful times for those who care about Iran and Irani. That is why I chose to ignore your insults and comments like "mental blow jobs" or "for your own good",........

People do not necessarily look at phenomenon like you do or process the way you do.No two people think exactly alike.You may chose to go extremes on issues, but you can not expect me ,while agreeing in principle with your beliefs,to take same extremes.....

You may hate GN. So do I.But when I propose that daei to be held to the same standards of judgment as GN has been, you can not assume that I'm pro GN. The least you could have done, was to extend benefit of doubt , attain certainty in your assumptions ,then make accusations. I know this subject came out at the wrong time. Perspolise loss to taj was too emotional for her fans,but I really expected to see more maturity from you.

That is true about other issues. While I consider ferdosipour,a wonderful host of a program that stimulated critical thinking at least among football fans, I also do see that perhaps 10% of time he may be diverting. I'm entitled to have different opinions with Ferdosipour. As a teraktor fan, and fan of sharestani teams, I'm not thrilled the way he is treating them at times and is biased towards two tehrani giants. Why do you assume that being critical ( in this case on minor portion) of Ferdosipour equates being pro GN? Gn, Parvin, IFF,IRI officials and semi officials , and many more all have been against ferdosipour at times. Without asking any questions from me, you just assume my criticism towards FP ( albeit insignificant) equates support of GN? why not support of kamalvand, or kafashian or parvin,or....?
That pre judgment was very short sighted.

There are people like me that would not like to fall in black and white of things. Bullying approach would not change that.We may not be right all the time, but we value our opinion.

My personality is not shaped to make ghadis out of pop culture figures. I can have my assesment on Modiris, ferdosipours,daeis and mazdaks of the world. And I should be able to express them without being bullied and put in corner that If i say something,people may think I'm pro GN because that is what Ramin keeps telling them!

After all, 11 half naked men chasing a round ball doesn't warrant these harsh exchanges among people that apparently are on the same side of major and important issues that concern our beloved nation.
Thanks Aram joon for the post.
Problem is I'm a really emotional person...my love is super love and hatred something beyond border. Anything/anyone associated (sympathizing) with IR, makes borderless hatred in my soul, be it art/sports/music...(from eftekhari to GN, "our own" Ghotbi, to amirghasimiha etc.). and sometimes extreme hatred makes one too sensitive to every little comment, like an open wound.
Anyway, I'm happy this misunderstanding is over. :)

Jul 28, 2007
There is at least one person on this board that knows about my football relationship with Ghotbi prior to his trip to Iran to take over pespes.

As a youth soccer coach ( his starting point) at Burbank under Shariff, all the way to Assistant coaching with Galaxy team few years back , to his experience with Koreans and then various Dutch coaches, he has done well grooming himself as a coach. Those like Shahrokh Nazari ( mafia wanna be football commentator) , Afazeli likes, Molk Aras and their noches in football websites were staging charachter assasination of Ghotbi, based on football credentials, when he first arrived in Iran for various motives. Iranian coaches as usual joined the crowd.

The reason Ghotbi is hated by many, including his former supporter in me,is the way he conducted himself at a crucial juncture of our history.

he CHOSE to kiss AN's balls when the blood of fallen real heros of Iran had not dried yet. He can bring WC championship for IRI, but in my books he is a nobody.. any time praise of Ghotbi is proposed, I can't help and atke a flash back remembering Sohrab MA and his mother, Neda , and hundreds of other fallen heros across nation.. That is where hate comes from.......and apparently many share my view as well.
This hate or dislike is different than what is expressed by those with football ulterior motives.

As usual some of us continue the wonderful tradition of jav gir shodegi, and easily forget about the history of recent couple years.

No matter what he does, he will always be remembered as Afshin Kodeta chi, as his legacy. The welcome that Iranians of malysia and Singapore gave him when TM played there.
Damet garm dadash harfe dele maro zadi.

raminio05

National Team Player
Time will show if that is True or not.

Although I understand the frustration that he caused among the "Green" guys, I personally believe that he had a moment of "What the fuck do I do now" .. and he made the wrong choice..

I feel that he has never been able to talk about that as long as he is coaching TM (or a club in Iran).. I am sure once he is done with TM (as early as tomorrow) before long someone will approach him and ask him about that and this subject will come up again..
Na nashod digeh. Just the other day you were saying that he came out and said in an interview that he was forced to go, and when Mahdi and I asked you for a source you ignored us.

Your whole goddam post is inlusting. No it's not just the "green" guys that his visit is frustrating, the the "i decided to demand my rights and got a batton to the head" or the "my brother got detained during a protest and since he's been released from prison he hasn't said a word and always has a blank look on his face" guys who are also "frustrated".

For those who keep bringing up "lack of Choice" thing:

In agha ,ye hafteh dar mioon ya miraft emarat didan doost sighe va ya holand baraye omoor kharid villa.
Nemitonest safar bahane kone va nare majlis khaye mali???? Ya delesh nemikhast?

Jun 18, 2005
4 years ago Mr Ghotbi came to Iran to coach Perspolis and later our TM. I do not remember what captivated me as a fan to support him blindly or ignore others who were questioning Ghotbi's patriotic claims while he was celebrating on the South Korean side after our exit from the Asian Cup.

Maybe winning IPL games had something to do with it or being a red fan? I do not know. I personally thought he was an outsider and his attitude and professionalism was something that we desperately needed in our football.

Then came last year and his inexcusable attendance at AN's inauguration ceremony while Iranians were dying and fighting for their rights in the streets.

Later came the unity claims, or his disapproval of players wearing green wrist bands to show solidarity. Politics has no place in football. That was his excuse.

Mr Ghotbi, your presence at AN's inauguration was not political?

TM has an important and crucial match against South Korea tomorrow. We may win that game and Ghotbi may be celebrating on the opposite side line.

You may win the battle tomorrow Mr. Ghotbi, but you have lost the war. You have lost the hearts and minds of many Iranians who considered you as one of their own only to find out later that you would dance to anybody's tune only if you were given that opportunity.

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
Na nashod digeh. Just the other day you were saying that he came out and said in an interview that he was forced to go, and when Mahdi and I asked you for a source you ignored us.
And I still say that he did say in an interview (his first interview after the inauguration, posted on ISNA) that "az daftar-e rahbaree ba man tamas gereftan va nemitoonesam begam Na"... do you want me to go spend the time and find the link to that interview?

I am sorry I don't recall anyone asking me for a source.. but I will take the time and try to find it for you and will PM you or something..

Anyways what I meant in that quote you responded to, is that once he is OUT OF IRAN for good, he will sooner or later be able to talk more freely and explain his motive better..

Your whole goddam post is inlusting. No it's not just the "green" guys that his visit is frustrating, the the "i decided to demand my rights and got a batton to the head" or the "my brother got detained during a protest and since he's been released from prison he hasn't said a word and always has a blank look on his face" guys who are also "frustrated".
dude, what's wrong with you? Ok I said the "Green" guys but didn't mention the other 1000 class of society that were/are/will be frustrated, hurt, injured killed..etc.. you forgot to mention those non-green "Hezbolahis" (from mohsen rezaie's campaign) who's sons were beaten to DEATH and their funerals were delayed because they couldn't figure out the cause of death..

I didn't mention those guys either, So what's your point?

Ghotbi is a traitor for attending AN's crap, what was wrong with Karim Bagheri, Rezaie, Majidi, Nouri ..etc etc who played football with him? Do you really think innocent people started getting killed and raped and ..etc only after AN came to power? How many innocent people died when the so called GREEN guys were in power? or does it even matter?

I think some of you have taken this Ghotbi attending An's crap far too serious... Suppose Ghotbi came out tomorrow and said "goh khordam" ye mosht ham fohsh bedeh be AN, .. khob so what? Neda Agha soltan's family are goning to have their daughter back?

Karimi, and 6 other TM players wore green wrist band against South Korea, but I haven't seen ONE picture or one link shwoing any TM player (or even IPL player) participating on the streets where the real action was.. again, So what does that mean, that they support the status quoe?

Last edited:

raminio05

National Team Player
yes please do provide the source. i asked you on two occasions and mahdi asked you once.

My point is that you put "green" in quotes, as if they are the only people in Iran who care about whats happening in Iran. Your belitteling the problems in Iran to give unconditional support to Ghotbi. And yes that is the difference between you and me. Whether they are hezbollahis, eslaahtalabs, greens, or whomever that stood against the coup and got beaten down, you have no right to put them in quotes as if they are just a passing trend. THAT is my point.

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
yes please do provide the source. i asked you on two occasions and mahdi asked you once.

My point is that you put "green" in quotes, as if they are the only people in Iran who care about whats happening in Iran. Your belitteling the problems in Iran to give unconditional support to Ghotbi. And yes that is the difference between you and me. Whether they are hezbollahis, eslaahtalabs, greens, or whomever that stood against the coup and got beaten down, you have no right to put them in quotes as if they are just a passing trend. THAT is my point.

baba jan, I am not belitteling the problem, in fact I have been trying to convey the opposite..

I am saying the problem is so FUCKING grave in that shit hole of a country that complaining bout TM coach attending ahamadinezjad's inauguration sound to me more like silly whine than a legitimate concern.....

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
For those who keep bringing up "lack of Choice" thing:

In agha ,ye hafteh dar mioon ya miraft emarat didan doost sighe va ya holand baraye omoor kharid villa.
Nemitonest safar bahane kone va nare majlis khaye mali???? Ya delesh nemikhast?
No one says he didn't have an option.. He did.. He could have walked away from the job.. simple as that.. I personally think he should have walked away from the job.. But it is easier for me to say now than to actually do it if I were that man.

You see, az ghadeem goftan 2 halat dareh.. either he wanted to go willingly, or he was some how some way put into a situation that he went along with.. (let''s say roodarvasi or something like that). Unless he is asked about it openly, there is no way for us to know for sure.. there are just too many things that could have happened.. But If I do sense or even smell that he WANTED to go, then he will go on my shit list.. I just don't have enough to convict the guy yet..

Last edited:

raminio05

National Team Player
No one says he didn't have an option.. He did.. He could have walked away from the job.. simple as that.. I personally think he should have walked away from the job.. But it is easier for me to say now than to actually do it if I were that man.

You see, az ghadeem goftan 2 halat dareh.. either he wanted to go willingly, or he was some how some way put into a situation that he went along with.. (let''s say roodarvasi or something like that). Unless he is asked about it openly, there are just too many things that could have happened.. But If I do sense or even smell that he WANTED to go, then he will go on my shit list.. I just don't have enough to convict the guy yet..
Not even after the recent interview of his? Daei didn't go, GN didn't go, Shajarian has been consistently giving them a big bilakh.

Could we at least get you to admit that he sold out the Iranian people to be able to keep his contract?

And no, disliking someone for turning their back on you is not a "silly whine". The same way it's not a silly whine to dislike those other moftkhors that took a plane from the states and europe to go and meet AN in Tehran not too long ago.

ghilich

Bench Warmer
Oct 12, 2004
usa
So, lets see which TM coach gets your "heart and mind" and keeps his head. As I said, short of going in front of a firing squad or getting tortured, Ghotbi can not get SOME people's "hearts and minds". SOME of us though, see things differently, EVEN though WE TOO don't like the regime and want freedom for our nation. We kinda like to think, we also have "hearts and minds":)

moosh1

Ball Boy
Jan 20, 2004
نمیدونم چرا ما مردم ایران باید همه چیز و همه کس را سیاسی ببینیم؟ این درست که من بشخصه از تمام خایه مالان بدم میآید ولی انطرف قضیه خایه مالی هم گویا میتواند حق هر کسی باشد و من تا حالا نشنیده ام که خایه مالی در کشوری قانونا ممنوع شده باشه.

قضیه سرمربی تیم ملی ایران هم هاکذا افشین قطبی مگر بیشتر از بقیه مربیان تیمهای ایرانی وملی سابق خایه مالی کرده. منظورم بدون استثنا همگی آنهاست. یکی با تسبیح دیگری با ریش و مهر نماز در پیشانی و خلاصه هرکس بنوبه خود بنوعی. این خایه مالی حتی به بازیکنان محبوب تیمهای ملی هم سرایت کرده و همه گیر شده اگر شما تا حالا ندیدید و نشنیده اید دلیل نداره که وجود نداشته.

اصولا پدیده خایه مالی یک پدیده کاملا ایرانیست که من فکر میکنم که حتی توسط ما ایرانیها اختراع شده چرا که ما ایرانیها اصولا مردمان صلح طلب و غیر جنگجوئی هستیم و اگر بتاریخ مراجعه کنید همیشه از مهاجمین شکست خورده ایم و برای بقای خودمون مجبور بوده ایم که مدارا (خایه مالی) کنیم.

حالا که موضوع روشن شد اجازه بدهید برویم سر مسابقات جام آسیا و کیفیت بازیها. تیم ایران چه از زمان ساسانیان تا حالا کیفیتش مثل کیفیت مردم ایران چندان فرق نکرده. تیم ایران همانطوریکه بارها گفته ام در تمام مدت بازیهای خودش شاید یک یا دو بار مثل آدم بازی کرده (بازی با یوگسلاوی در فرانسه و دوستانه با کرواسِی) ولی بقیه ایام دیمی و علی اصغری.

اگر غیر از این بود باید تعجب میکردیم. اصولا مردم ایران بسیار تابع مد هستند اگر سیاست باب روز باشد همه سیاسی میشوند اگر خریدن ب ام و باب باشد همین طور جراجی پلاستیک دماغ و مدل موی سر نوع موسیقی مورد علاقه و خلاصه هر گند و گهی باب شد همگی هوره کش طرفدارشیم.

ملت اسیر هوا و هوس لحظه ای و چشممان به دیگران است که دیگران در مورد ما چه میگویند من در تمام مدت عمرم شصت و پنج ساله خودم بیاد نمیآورم که حتی یکبار کسی کاری را برای خاطر خودش و دلش انجام داده باشد. همه برای حفظ ظاهر و جلب نظر و احترام دیگران دست بهر کاری میزنند بدون انکه کوچکترین اعتقادی با آن داشته باشند.

تا حالا افشین قطبی سه بازی را برده. خوب باید دید که بعنوان مربی و نه خایه مالی تا حالا چه کرده چرا که بطوریکه میدانم همگی مربیان از این قاعده کلی مستثنا نبوده اند.

همه عیوبش را گفتیم خوبیش را هم باید بگیم اولا از تمام مربیان ایرانی تا حالا بهتر انگلیسی حرف میزنه و این خودش یکی از بزرگترین نکات مثبتش است. چرا که همین باعث قوت اعتماد بازیکنان بتیم و مربی میشود تا مربی مثل مایلی کهن و دائی و شهرنوئی و غیره.

دیگه اینکه تونسته تا حالا نظم و انضباط تیم را محکم نگه داره که دیگران حتی برانکو قادر نبودند این بازیکنان بی انظباط ما را بدون حاشیه نگه دارند. سوم اینکه تیم به یک گل و دو گل قانع نمیشه و بعد از زذن گل توی لاک دفاعی نمیره.

نکته آخر اینکه بابا ملت بگذارید اگر ما فردا بردیم و یا خدائی نکرده جام را بردیم حالمون را بکنیم و چرا باید اینقدر بسیاست گیر بدید. نمینونید یک تپه ای را برای من بی وطن که فکر نکنم هرگز بایران حتی برای دیدن هم بروم نریده باقی بگذارید.

مگر ایندفعه اول بوده که کسی توی ایران خایه مالی دیکتاتور و آدمکش را کرده که شما اینقدر به افشین گیر میدید.

ندا اولین قربانی دیکتاتوری در ایران نبوده و آخرین هم نخواهد ماند. من فکر نمیکنم که افشین در کشتن کسی در ایران دست داشته و همانطوریکه گفتم خایه مالی هم در هیچ کجای دنیا جرم نیست . پس بی خیال بگذارید ما فوتبالمان را تماشا کنیم.