Argo..Dilution is an American thing..

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
i.but the link with the first lady to award the prize was overly political and tacky.it's something you expected from the soviet union style of showmanship.
The irony of the first lady awarding the Oscar to a movie about saving embassy hostages while her own husband didn't lift a finger to save his own embassy workers was not lost on anyone. It is hard to get beat by Carter. At least nobody died in Tehran.

alborz

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Argo is an entertaining movie and I found it closer to the truth then otherwise.

As for vazire ershad, his understanding of honare cinama is limited to shutting down khaneye cinema, sending people who actually know about the art to Evin, or simply setting cinamas on fire ...

واکنش وزیر ارشاد به اقدام همسر باراک اوباماخبرگزاری مهر: وزیر فرهنگ و ارشاد اسلامی با اشاره به اهدای جایزه اسکار به فیلم آرگو توسط میشل اوباما گفت: این فیلم ضد ایرانی جنبه هنری ندارد و از دشمن چیزی جز این انتظار نمی رود.
محمد حسینی وزیر فرهنگ و ارشاد اسلامی در حاشیه جشن 10 سالگی تاسیس خبرگزاری فارس که عصر امروز در حوزه هنری برگزار شد در پاسخ به خبرنگار مهر مبنی بر اهداء جایزه اسکار به فیلم آرگو از طریق ویدئوکنفرانس توسط میشل اوباما گفت: این فیلم ضد ایرانی جنبه هنری ندارد و از نظر هنری فیلمی بسیار ضعیف است و در ضمن از دشمن چیزی جز این انتظار نمی رود. آنها تبلیغات گسترده ای روی این فیلم انجام دادند تا آن را علیه ما مطرح کنند و این وظیفه ما را سنگین تر می کند تا در آینده در پاسخ به آنها فیلم های قوی بسازیم و انتظار دهیم

Oct 18, 2002
Antelope Valley,California
Beystrjan,

You've become an ambassador for everything that is wrong with the Islamic Republic. Iran's near term (next 50 years) future is downright gloomy because of attitudes such as yours which is unfortunate.

False claims, idolization, complains, complains, complains, pointing fingers, being too proud and ...

It's unfortunate.

Byster case has always been interesting to me, at least from profiling aspect......A hard core right winger here with hysterical hatred towards anything "democrat sounding" and obession with clintonites that goes to Iran and become a volunteer/involunteer mouth piece of IRI positions and propoganda.....

Do you guys consider this as an act of "melting in velayat"??? Or ist simply just استحاله

I'm inclined to thinkاستحاله
Is there a certain vision,ideology or political inclination needed for one outsider to so quickly get drawned into mainstream of propoganda and "official" school of thought of a repressive society?

You guys must have friends that moved to Iran after so many years of living in open societies. What are your experinces? What has been the process of evolution/devolution of mind ,if any, that you have noticed??

We had simply ken here. But hisدگر دیسیstarted when he was still living here and after he moved to Iran accelerated in a rapid pace....

I'm trying to figure out ,what is it that gives rise to this دگر دیسی?

Is constant propoganda in Iran so immense that independent mind just submits itself? Or the mix of enviornment with pre existing ideologial base, cultures this دگر دیسی?

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
well...too sleepy to make my point clearer.....but if I implied that I was insulted....then I didn't do a good job of making my point....if anything....this whole Argo affair..kind of makes me think....we gotta matter to somebody so much to have made them go thru this much trouble to say whatever they are trying to say...so, quess we are big time now..

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I said it a couple of months ago.
the film was quite weak.

they changed the main story line. it was a canadian who was in charge of this not the CIA.
no iranians. not even the little maid in the embassy knew this.

and no the embassy staff did not go asylum in Iraq.

The cars did not look like anything iranian cars would have been there.

the accent of iranian actors were just terrible.

There was never a funding problem for the tickets.

nobody at the airport ever suspected anything. let alone chase the cars.
as if a an airplane tookoff there is no way to bring it back.

moreover really the acting for the most part was really mediocre.
well the box office took off because of benghazi.

but really In my humble opinion it did not deserve a single oscar.
It was a B- Movie.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Thanks for the link. Now I can see why some people are mad. First off , who said Iranians are "upset". How does this Juan guy know? When you read further, you get the sense that where this guy is coming from . He is a washed up lefty who has found another opportunity to bash the US. Of course, the obligatory reference to 28 Mordad is there, straight from akhoonds mouth. Which means they deserved it. 28 Mordad was not on the mind of a single Iranian scaling the walls that day. It was a purely domestic politics of the time. H repeats the oft quoted falsehood that the CIA overthrew the "elected government". PM's office in Iran was never an elective office. How could you miss Savak, Shah's "feared" secret police, which he hasn't. And he closes the piece by referring to unnamed US "atrocities" in Iran. Atrocities? US did nothing other than spend billions in Iran. You want atrocities why don't you visit Cuba TODAY? Oh, and don't forget to donate. He even takes Paypal.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I think the thing with this film is that it shows a trend that Americans want to emphasise other countries's problems but will you ever see a film about their gun crime problem? No. All you see if our "idols" such as 50 Cent, Bruce Willis, Jason Statham shooting people with little morals.
Yeah let's all expect Americans to shit on their own country so the game remains fair!

Get real people! United States is not the world's courtroom. There's absolutely no reason for an American to think as highly of other countries as the United States. You can't deprive Americans of nationalism while bragging about Iran's "barely documented" glorious history of 3000 years ago!

Here's the truth:

Iran = third world religious country with donkey economics

USA = World's #1 superpower with lots of options

Result = USA can write history while Iran sits and cries.

That's has been the reality of the world since day 1.

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
The funniest thing about Beystr's transformation from an IR-hating pro-American to an anti-American IR-apologist is watching his old buddy who used to agree with everything he said...continue to agree with everything he says!

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I'm trying to figure out ,what is it that gives rise to this دگر دیسی?

Is constant propoganda in Iran so immense that independent mind just submits itself? Or the mix of enviornment with pre existing ideologial base, cultures this دگر دیسی?

بی آزار جان

به نظر من دگردیسیی در کار نیست. تغییر تعلقات خاطر و احساس ناتوانی باعث میشه که این دوستان به دوستان سابق تبدیل بشن

خود من و شما هم اگر به طور تمام وقت در شرایطی قرار بگیریم که قادر (و یا مایل) به تغییرش نباشیم آهسته آهسته (و شاید هم ناگهانی) تسلیم عقده ها خواهیم شد. البته در این دوره از زمان که استفاده از منبعی چون اینترنت اجازه ی ارتباط با دنیای "بی عقده" رو میده بنظر من بهانه ای برای عقده جویی نمیمونه

این عزیزان میرن ایران و مشقات زندگی دیگران (من جمله اعضای خانواده ی خودشون و دوستاشون) رو میبینن و از روی ناراحتی به عقده جویی و کینه توزی رو میارن. تا حدودی هم میشه بهشون حق داد. انگشت اتهام به سوی دشمن "فرضی" نشانه رفتن خیلی راحت تر از بیان واقعیت در میان جمعی ناآگاه و جامعه ای بسیار از دنیا بیخبره

اینجا جاییه که این دوستان عقاید عقده جوی خودشون رو به معرض آزمایش میذارن تا ببینن چقدر در دنیای واقعی خریدار داره. همه ی ما همینکار رو میکنیم. هر کس اینجا یا روی فروم های اینترنت پستی میکنه به دنبال سنجش ارزش عقیده ش در برابر دیگرانه

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
Another thing to keep in mind is that for many of those who leave America to go back to Iran (and there aren't that many in the first place), things on one level or another did not work out in the US. I really don't know any Iranians doing well for themselves here who are planning or even thinking about going back to live and work under IR. After retirement, maybe, but not before.

This was certainly the case with Simply Ken on both a professional and social level.

When such a person goes back to Iran and is subjected to constant propaganda telling them the place they didn't succeed in is the root of all evil and that the system they've returned to has been righteous all along, it doesn't take much of a psychological leap to buy in. There are other factors involved like plain old javgiri, but this emotional factor can't be denied.

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
How do you guys know for sure who these people are, what they did and where they went? Do you have more than a screen name and a bunch of posts?
In the case of Simply Ken, yes I do. I know about his professional and personal life both back then and now. And he's not the only one I know of who fits this profile.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
واقعا" دادن اسکار به یک فیلم سرتاپا دروغ نشانه از ضدیت هالیوود با ایرانی هاست
دروغهای زیادی در فیلم آرگو بود که به چند تا از مهمترین اشاره میکنم:
در فیلم گفت آمریکا دولت مصدق را سرنگون و شاه را آورد!!! اصلا" اینطور نبوده مادلین آلبریت هم غلط کرد چنین اعترافی کرد

6 نفر از سفارت فرار کردند !!!! غیر ممکنه کسی از دست ما نتمیتونه فرار کنه

صحنه یک مرد به دار آویخته شده در خیابان!!! همه میدانیم در ایران نه کسی را دار میزنیم و اصلا" اعدام در مرام ما نیست

در بازار یک نفر به خاطر یک عکس عصبانی بشه!!! مگر میشه؟ ما ایرانی ها عشق دوربین هستیم و حرفه مانکنی شغل دوم ما نباشه شغل سوم هست

تاکسی پژو 504؟ نه داداش ما پیکان داریم و سوار ماشین ساخت فرانس نمیشیم

از همه مسخره تر اینکه در فرودگاه یک مامور صداش را ببره بالا و بی احترمی کنه!!! من که همچین صحنه ای ندیدم تا بوده مامورها به پیرزن پیرمردها کمک میکردن وحتی یک بار یک هم ولایتی هم دیدم گز پخش میکرد که فشار کسی نیفته پایین

من خودم از اصفهان میام تهران و میخواهم از جردن برم بلوار آفریقا سر از آرژانتین در میارم بعد این بن افلک از آمریکا میاد تهران و بچه محل میشه و از فرشته میره بازار اون هم بدون نقشه!!!

دروغه دروغه

اگر بخوام ادامه بدم تا فردا صبح باید بنویسم . چند سال پیش هم این هالیوودی ها یک فیام ساختن به اسم 300 که تازه من شمردم فقط 193 تا بودن و تهمت زدن که خشایار شاه میرفته و لشکر کشی میکرده و از این برچسبها. در حالی که ما میدانیم خشایار شاه یا همان خشی جون خودمون اصلا" از دیدن خون حالش بد میشده و روحیه لطیفی داشته و هیچوقت جایی برای جنگ نرفته و اگر هم رفته با گل و شیرینی وشربت بهار نارنج شیراز می رفته

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
LMAO...

Iran Planning On Suing ... Hollywood?

Twitter

TEHRAN, Iran -- Iran is planning to sue Hollywood over the Oscar-winning "Argo" because of the movie's allegedly "unrealistic portrayal" of the country, Iranian media reported Tuesday. Several news outlets, including the pro-reform Shargh daily, said French lawyer Isabelle Coutant-Peyre is in Iran for talks with officials over how and where to file the lawsuit.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
I have now seen the movie. Too bad I am a little late to the game when everybody was debating its fine points. Without rehashing them, here is what I have to say,

- It was not an Oscar-winning performance. Very little memorable acting. After all, other than Affleck there was nobody of real consequence.

- I can live with various dramatizations. It is done routinely even for documentaries. So what that somebody screamed in bad farsi?

- I tend to think there must have been other hands in the work to let them pass customs. They did not have the white(or yellow) copy of the arrival form( I don't know if that was indeed the practice). How was that overlooked, especially if none of them had it? Faking the arrival stamps is perhaps more believable.

- I think authorities fell for the movie scam a little too easy. The plot had nothing to do with Iran.

- The suspense wasn't entirely there. I have seen WW2 movies when they want to smuggle somebody out of Nazi-occupied territories. They manage to make it a lot more stressful.

- Regardless of how realistic the movie was, the bottom line is that it happened. A single CIA agent flies to Tehran in that crazy environment and gets half a dozen
Western-looking people out of the country, not on horseback but right through customs and on to a Swissair flight. It takes guts. There is not a single one of us here who does not feel just a little bit of anxiety when leaving the country even now. And we are not rescuing anybody.