Asia Cup '68 Final Iran vs. USA and World Cup '98 Iran vs. USA: politics of football

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
oghab jan,this is the article written by jean-marie Brohm,sport: A prison of Measured Time(london 1978),.......

this is one of the articles written by him,he stated about the match between Iran,and scotland,and explained how players and English society were upset after this game....even he mentioned there was a movie serial in TV channel,which was very boring,but after this game, english society preferred to watch that movie rather spend time to watch iran-peru game!!!!!

May 29, 2008
Actaulay Kasra jan the English were taking the micky out of the Scots for messing up in world cup 78 since England themselves didnt make it there and the scots were claiming to go and win the cup !

I have the video of the game with BBC commentary which included Ron Greenwood the then England manager , him and John Motson the commentator were full of praise for Iran players ,specially for Hejazi ,Nazari ,Sadeghi ,Danayeefar and Ghasempour ... Ron Greenwood called Hejazi outstanding keeper .

Is there anyway you can share this with us by uploading it on youtube or similar site.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
OK ! it is on dvd now and I am uploading it on youtube but it is ever so slow ! only 12% in like 15 minutes ... hope it comes out allright .

there is an added bonus at the end , a featured film of Taj in Asian cup 1970 with Behmanesh commentary ... Taj v Hapoel !!

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
hurry up!!!! oghab jan....I would like to see taj-hapoel,..and the first goal by vafakhah at min 83.....:ess-cheerlead:he came into the field at min 74....and 9 minutes after scored the equalizing goal...DAMET GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARM.....

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
hurry up!!!! oghab jan....I would like to see taj-hapoel,..and the first goal by vafakhah at min 83.....:ess-cheerlead:he came into the field at min 74....and 9 minutes after scored the equalizing goal...DAMET GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARM.....
It is doing well ...up to %46 now . first is the world cup game and then a film about the 1970 Asian cup that includes highlights of all Taj games including the final .
Hope you like it . about 80 minutes remaining to upload now.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Ok lets try this link ,it says it is still being processed so it may take a while but here is the link ...

[video=youtube;uPwKKaf_7NQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPwKKaf_7NQ&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Thanks Oghab.well done.:cheers:

good memories.that free kick by Ali Parvin at 1:52 , i thought it was going in when i was watching it live.:football:

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
you are welcome ,I dont know what s happened to the rest . I got to look into it ...
Well , i'm watching it as it goes.what a great defensive work by Nasrollah Abdollahi on Jordan at 8:33.

He was fantastic against S.Korea in Pusasn as well.that 0-0 game was key in Iran's WCQ campaign.i was sweating like a pig watching that tense game live.

Nasrollah Abdollahi

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
It took 2 hours to load this ! I thought it is loading the whole thing . It is the first time I do this and obviousely not very good at it ! any sujestions would be appreciated !

by the way watch this around the 80th minute and Hejazis save from Joe Jordan header ..is this save not as good as Gordon Banks save againt Pele in 1970 ? if not better !