Asian Cup 2019 UAE (Brackets/ Team News/ History)

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
I call him more like a self-proclaimed figure!
No doubt he's a bit pofiuz-ish but give credit when due, as a student he started a paper and managed to find himself in FIFA step by step. I sense a tiny bit of envy on your part or something else I can not identify, but his record speaks for itself.

I know you had a run-in with him and have your own impression, can you clarify a bit, especially if have other references/experiences?
Plus if that was years back, don't people change? I mean one incident doesn't make the person. I am trying to find 1st hand experiences as why this guy is not what he claims to be.

And after all football is not rocket science, he's serving in a position of struggling jack of all trades/dalal, not much to envy there. But also his record shows gradual tiny progresses in chosen work/hobby. Not many paper publishers find their way to FIFA.

Last edited:

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
No doubt he's a bit pofiuz-ish but give credit when due, as a student he started a paper and managed to find himself in FIFA step by step. I sense a tiny bit of envy on your part or something else I can not identify, but his record speaks for itself.

I know you had a run-in with him and have your own impression, can you clarify a bit, especially if have other references/experiences?
Plus if that was years back, don't people change? I mean one incident doesn't make the person. I am trying to find 1st hand experiences as why this guy is not what he claims to be.

And after all football is not rocket science, he's serving in a position of struggling jack of all trades/dalal, not much to envy there. But also his record shows gradual tiny progresses in chosen work/hobby. Not many paper publishers find their way to FIFA.
I can guarantee you there is no envy here. Like many others here, my achievements are just a bit more than what is required for a "FIFA" employee!

As for publishing a local football paper, it is probably a high school project! The same info posted on ISP back then could be edited and formatted differently for paper copy. The question is not preparing a print, it is not Gutenberg's era! The question is the impact of his work as far as quality and quantity, sustainability of his enterprise, ...

To answer your question regarding how authentic he is, you need to make 2 phone calls, one to Canadian federation, and one to 2022 WC organizing committee. I bet you a cup of coffee he is "poffyuse".

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
مورینیو این بار ایران و کی‌روش را آنالیز می‌کند

خبرورزشی نوشت: اولین حضور آقای خاص دنیای فوتبال در ویژه‌برنامه جام ملت‌های آسیا ۲۰۱۹ در شبکه بین‌اسپورت با استقبال عمومی گسترده‌ای روبه‌رو شد.
تهیه‌کننده‌های شبکه متمول بین اسپورت قطری اعلام کردند حضور ژوزه مورینیو پرتغالی در این ویژه‌برنامه همچنان ادامه خواهد داشت. چهره مطرح فوتبال جهان به عنوان سورپرایز شبکه بین‌اسپورت برای فوتبال‌دوستان قاره‌کهن، پنج‌شنبه شب سیاسی‌ترین بازی جام میان قطر و عربستان را کارشناسی کرد که صحبت‌های کامل و جامع سرمربی سابق منچستریونایتد در خصوص اکثر تیم‌های حاضر در جام با استقبال عمومی بینندگان بین‌اسپورت روبه‌رو شد. بعد از اینکه درخواست‌ها برای ادامه کارشناسی‌های آقای خاص رو به افزایش گذاشت، سران شبکه متمول قطری اعلام کردند در توافق با مورینیو قرار شد تا این مربی سرشناس به عنوان کارشناس آخرین بازی‌های هر شب مرحله یک‌هشتم نهایی و یک‌چهارم نهایی را کارشناسی کند که به این ترتیب در اولین شب از این مرحله قرار است فردا شب ژوزه مورینیو جدال ایران با عمان را بررسی کند.
در این بازی که تقابل افکار تاکتیکی مردان پرتغالی و هلندی نیز است، آقای خاص از نزدیک عملکرد دوست صمیمی خود کارلوس کی‌روش را زیر ذره‌بین خواهد برد که صحبت‌های او می‌تواند برای ایرانی‌ها جالب توجه باشد به خصوص بعد از اظهار نظر پنج‌شنبه شب پیرامون سرمربی تیم ملی که کی‌روش را یکی از برترین مربیان جهان نامیده بود.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
I can guarantee you there is no envy here. Like many others here, my achievements are just a bit more than what is required for a "FIFA" employee!

As for publishing a local football paper, it is probably a high school project! The same info posted on ISP back then could be edited and formatted differently for paper copy. The question is not preparing a print, it is not Gutenberg's era! The question is the impact of his work as far as quality and quantity, sustainability of his enterprise, ...

To answer your question regarding how authentic he is, you need to make 2 phone calls, one to Canadian federation, and one to 2022 WC organizing committee. I bet you a cup of coffee he is "poffyuse".
Well he's not running for an office and no need to authenticate beyond what's already there. Am convinced he's not fluffed much.

He seem to have average record for an average type activity within or in vicinity of FIFA. He could have picked up a bit of attitude as well, no denying. Still as much as I dislike him he has accomplished something for his own by his own.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Well he's not running for an office and no need to authenticate beyond what's already there. Am convinced he's not fluffed much.

He seem to have average record for an average type activity within or in vicinity of FIFA. He could have picked up a bit of attitude as well, no denying. Still as much as I dislike him he has accomplished something for his own by his own.
Fair enough, (as long as you are not Masoudi himself)!

Really who cares, as long as he does something productive or if he grazes his own grass. What becomes problem is when he causes intentional or even unintentional agitation around TM in the process expanding his own profile.

Oct 21, 2002
With all due respects. This is what I know about Mehrdad Masoudi..
He loves football and anything football related and he is a very decent individual.
If you could find ISP archives back in the late 90s, when he was with Canadian football federations he used to post here under his own name. Correct he used to run a local football paper in Ottawa, and I know how much time & efforts he put behind it.
Back in the days I thought I was a football junky with my football knowledge, but this guy was something else. His nickname was Mr. Statistics.
Yes, he is making a decent living in a field that he is passionate about. How many of us can claim that?

Last edited:

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Since you left it open with that remark then must tell you it's very persian-like to discredit others, I somehow dislike the fellow in the first place but your attitude of minimizing him while grandizing yourself/others here is a bit iffy.. I mean he started something over a decade prior to ISP with far more limited technology being available on his own and managed to find some kind of gig in the highest office of football. That demands some respect for what he's done and you can dig and prove otherwise.

I could label your attitude mayeli kohanish too as discrediting others is not hard; show what have you done then I can' decide. You here also painted a very beautiful picture of yourself while dissing 'employment' at FIFA. This is in no way to disrespect you but I dont' know you and ur accomplishments.

For now his background & record talks while bullshit walks.

Fair enough, (as long as you are not Masoudi himself)!

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
With all due respects. This is what I know about Mehrdad Masoudi..
He loves football and anything football related and he is a very decent individual.
If you could find ISP archives back in the late 90s, when he was with Canadian football federations he used to post here under his own name. Correct he used to run a local football paper in Ottawa, and I know how much time & efforts he put behind it.
Back in the days I thought I was a football junky with my football knowledge, but this guy was something else. His nickname was Mr. Statistics.
Yes, he is making a decent living in a field that he is passionate about. How many of us can claim that?
Sure, but how is it going to make him any special? We all know a handful of Mr. statistics! I am assuming many people are also decent. And many make more than decent living in the field they love. The question really is if he really is at the caliber to be recommended by "FIFA" to 2022 organizing committee as media advisor?
You certainly don't think operations of that scale run by giant entities resort to individuals (no matter how big of individual) to consult a department as important as media? Even so who would that individual be? The ex editor in chief of France Football or someone whose highlight of football media career has been a local now perished print in Ottawa?

MM can do what he loves, he can claim he has done so much and people can fall for it or be skeptical , but obviously his biggest footprint in entire claimed career he built in football media has been "khabarchini" of what CQ's assistant said or did not!

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Since you left it open with that remark then must tell you it's very persian-like to discredit others, I somehow dislike the fellow in the first place but your attitude of minimizing him while grandizing yourself/others here is a bit iffy.. I mean he started something over a decade prior to ISP with far more limited technology being available on his own and managed to find some kind of gig in the highest office of football. That demands some respect for what he's done and you can dig and prove otherwise.

I could label your attitude mayeli kohanish too as discrediting others is not hard; show what have you done then I can' decide. You here also painted a very beautiful picture of yourself while dissing 'employment' at FIFA. This is in no way to disrespect you but I dont' know you and ur accomplishments.

For now his background & record talks while bullshit walks.
Dude, I don't care what you think or not, you are free to have your opinion about MM, about persian attitude, MK or even about me. I did not brag for myself because there is no myself here. It is a name on the forum, so even if I say I am Jeff Bezos no credit goes to me!

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
hala az in harfa gozashte. Oman has a good team and might knock us out.. I don't feel that comfortable about this game.. in hashiehaye CQ kar dastemon nadeh shans ovordim..

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
hala az in harfa gozashte. Oman has a good team and might knock us out.. I don't feel that comfortable about this game.. in hashiehaye CQ kar dastemon nadeh shans ovordim..
Yes, it is a team that fights back to Iran. If we don't choke, then the victory will be enough to cover the hashieh for the rest of the tourney.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Dude, I don't care what you think or not, you are free to have your opinion about MM, about persian attitude, MK or even about me. I did not brag for myself because there is no myself here. It is a name on the forum, so even if I say I am Jeff Bezos no credit goes to me!
You know your words and attitude matters and I judge for myself that you're a great fellow, sorry for taking the longer path..

Oct 21, 2002
Sure, but how is it going to make him any special? We all know a handful of Mr. statistics! I am assuming many people are also decent. And many make more than decent living in the field they love. The question really is if he really is at the caliber to be recommended by "FIFA" to 2022 organizing committee as media advisor?
You certainly don't think operations of that scale run by giant entities resort to individuals (no matter how big of individual) to consult a department as important as media? Even so who would that individual be? The ex editor in chief of France Football or someone whose highlight of football media career has been a local now perished print in Ottawa?

MM can do what he loves, he can claim he has done so much and people can fall for it or be skeptical , but obviously his biggest footprint in entire claimed career he built in football media has been "khabarchini" of what CQ's assistant said or did not!
True, and true…
But, life is about opportunity and luck. I am sure this wasn’t handed to him in a silver platter. This guy work hard for it.
Weather he is qualified or now… who knows? I hope he is and if not time will tell. I also know that there are many from all walks of life including FIFA that aren’t qualified for their job.