• Futsal

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Volleyball

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • X Games

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters
Nov 29, 2002
PaYam jAn, no offence but is this a joke? THis poll is so americo-centric. No one outside America gives a flying ':~@ about "american" football, basketball (except a couple of countries you can name on one hand), baseball or whatever. And X Games cheeyeh?

Where is Rugby (league and union)?
Where is Formula 1? This is quite possibly the 2nd most watched sport in the world!
And cricket? I dont like it, but lets face it, every hendi pendi, bangladeshi, pakestani, australian, english, south africa sri lanka zimbabwe get excited about this "sport"

Jan 31, 2004
How is it that we have tennis, volleyball and other girly or non-professional sports in the poll but we don't have hockey?

Hockey and NFL football are by far the two toughest and greatest sports out there.

Nov 29, 2002
Hockey and NFL-football cheeyeh deegeh?

Do you mean the hockey they play on grass or that one on ice? Because the one on grass is boring, its just like football with sticks. The one on ice is fun to watch but only about two countries play it.

As for NFL Football, I really hope you're joking. You are, right?

Jan 31, 2004
Dr Strangemoosh said:
Hockey and NFL-football cheeyeh deegeh?

Do you mean the hockey they play on grass or that one on ice? Because the one on grass is boring, its just like football with sticks. The one on ice is fun to watch but only about two countries play it.

As for NFL Football, I really hope you're joking. You are, right?

What the hell is hockey on grass !!? girls play that in high school.

There is only one kind of hockey and that is Hockey NHL style. And who cares how many countries play it!? why is it even relevant? just because most countries in the world can not afford it, doesn't mean it's not better than all other popular sports.
Plus in case you didn't know ice Hockey is the number one sports in Canada, Russia, Sweden, finnland, Czech rep., Slovakia, and many former soviet republics and we know it is way more popular in U.S than soccer.

Hockey is more popular in many of these countries who are also good at soccer.
NHL hockey players on average make a lot more money than top pro soccer players in top european leagues.
Athletic wise, no girly soccer player can match the intensity, stamina, toughness and skill set of that of a NHL hockey player (great and strong skater and at the same time amazing puck handling skills).

As far as NFL(american) football is concerned, I think you must be from Iran or europe and that's why you don't know anything about it, cause if you did you wouldn't question it.
I'm not gonna waste my time explaining why NFL football is the best game out there, but let me tell you that if Iran had a NFL football team or a Hockey team, no one would be watching soccer.

averageniceguy

National Team Player
Apr 14, 2003
north pole (almost)
money, do you by any chance play any of these sports youre talking about or do you just watch them?

hockey is a good sport, i agree with you there, and its fun to watch. but american football is just a few men running around in tight pants and i dont like to watch that kind of stuff :D

if you want a tough sport, try rugby. theres no forward passing, so you have to rely on your strength and stamina to get through. ive played both of them and thats what i think.

and football isnt as easy as you think, it may be less tough than american football in terms of people bashing into each other, but you have to be tough to play it and you need much much much more stamina, because you dont stop to regroup every 10 seconds.

averageniceguy

National Team Player
Apr 14, 2003
north pole (almost)
and oh yeah, if i could vote for something, it would be boxing. so i guess its in the "any kind of martial arts" category. before i started it i thought its only about punching, but you need to be very fit, especially if you want to have good footwork, meaning you have to keep jumping up and down and punching at the same time.

try it for 5 minutes and i can assure you youll be out of breath if youre not topfit.

Nov 29, 2002
MoneyJock-e said:
if Iran had a NFL football team, no one would be watching soccer.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOLO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLOLOL
OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLO

please please PLEASE can you live with me? With someone as inconceivably funny as you, I would have no need for anything else in life. This was honestly
the most hilarious thing I think I've ever read, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Okay I'll be fair, ice hockey is a fun game, whenever Winter Olympics is on I really enjoy watching it and I guess the only reason it hasn't caught on in many countries is because they don't have the facilities.
But American Football? Again, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOLOOLOLO

Sorry, I honestly can't actually come up with a coherent argument because I just wouldn't know where to start.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Dr. Strangemoosh u must be built like a 7 year old girl... So much hate for American Football... The greatest game on earth... The most cerebral sport on the planet... No Formula-1 is not a sport, sorry to break it to you. Individual sports such as wrestling and tennis are cool, but they dont even come close to team sports... Trust me, if Iran had a A. Football team, id barely watch soccer...

Nov 29, 2002
Well I box and I'm telling you THAT is a sport, when in training we have to do 600 push-ups before and 600 after the 2 hour session, which ain't easy I'm telling you. And when you box you only wear a helmet and mouthguard, not about 2 metres of padding. So who the hell are you calling sissy, little girl?

But the main point is that American football is f@:'ing boring to watch, I find it interesting that when I talk to Americans about it, they seem to go on about stats. Who the hell cares about stats? Its the sport that should be interesting, and if I wanted something cerebral I wouldn't watch some big lugs charging at each other whilst someone throws a rugby football, I'd watch chess or something.

Nov 29, 2002
Oh yeah and I think you two by saying "If Iran had an American football team, I wouldn't care about soccer" have just about invalidated ANY FOOTBALL/SOCCER COMMENT you could make to about EVERYONE!
LOLOLOL

When it comes down to it, the majority of people on this site only care about football first and foremost, we live and breathe for football. If Iran played 1000 sports professionally the one I would care about infinite times more than any other would be football.

Oct 18, 2002
704 Houser
The only people who enjoy American Football are those who understand it. If you think American football is all about bunch of big guys charching at eachother and quarterback throwing the ball, then you know nothing about the sport. It's FAR more complex than that. I used to think the same way, until I actually watched the game.