Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Volleyball

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • X Games

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters
Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
American Football is very complex, and I promise you it is the most complex and cerebral team sport in the world. It is not just big guys running at each other, actually these huge players are fast as hell and very athletic, not just fat asses...

Dr. Strangemoosh, You seem like a very competitive and intellegent fellow, I think it just looks like a mess to you and thats why you dont like it, trust me, if you did understand it, youd love it...

Im not saying I only like soccer because Iran plays... I love soccer... I like it more than baseball and basketball, two sports I have played organized since i was a little kid. However, American football is the most amazing sport, because you truly leave everything on the field, and the entire team plays as one...

Jan 31, 2004
Strangemoosh,

you are a joke!

Like someone who just got of the boat and has seen no other pro sport other than soccer(the only sport he could afford) you are trying to analyze and judge NFL football so ridiculously.

Yes, with the exception of basketball I have played all these sports including soccer and Football at high levels and I can tell you that soccer is nowhere near Football when it comes to intensity, strategy, athleticism, and etc...

To me soccer is more of a recreational game than a high level pro sport like Football of Hockey.

All around I would say that the best athletes in most diciplines in North America play NFL Football. Running Backs, receivers, safeties, Corner Backs are the best Track athelets in US and possibly the world, hand picked and nurtured for the game. Linebackers, Nose Tackles, tight Ends,...are physically the strongest of US athletes.

Football is a team sport. Some positions require players to be big and powerfull -yet versitile and some require super athletes with no matching speed and extreme agility who are able to take backbreaking hits at the same time and some positions like a QB has to be extremely intelligent, aware and unfazed in order to execute one of upto 750 plays at the same time !

You must be dreaming if you think you could possibly outrun a 6.5", 350 pound linebacker ! they are as fast as they are big and strong. Many strong wrestling and weigtlifting athletes try out for NFL and they fail.

Strategies in NFL Football are unbelievable. They are a mixture of chess and a fully blown war.
Each play must be executed to the perfection and timing in order for the team to advance. Each player on each team must study and memorized a play book of upto 700 plays conceptualy before even coming onto the field.

Throwing a perfect ball to a certain location on the filed within a certain number of specified seconds, while watching out for opponents blitz and having the receiver catch the ball as scheduled and holding on to it after a tremendous hit from opponent's saftey is an art which will never be conceivable to you until you play or learn the game properly.

So instead of talking out of you butt, you may wanna take the first step and learn the rules first.

Soccer is a good game and trust me I know everything about it, but it is incredibly boring if you don't have a favourite team to follow and it is essentialy a non-contact sport and that's why in NA men don't care for it.

Nov 29, 2002
I dont understand, "men" don't care for soccer, but they do for american football.
Which of the two wears about a cubic mile of padding? In which of the two is it more common to get an injury?

Look, I play Rugby and I find that pretty fun as a team sport, and a lot more fast-paced than American football, although League is better than Union a mon avis. Anyway I'll consider american football if you guys get involved in rugby.

Fact is these sports may be tactical/whatever, but football is the most beautiful to watch, when it is played at its best, and no one can deny that.

averageniceguy

National Team Player
Apr 14, 2003
north pole (almost)
money jan, all this talk about big and strong men, tough men, fast men coming from you, in addition to the fact that they wear ultra-tight pants in that NFL game doesnt sound good man :D

haha, relax, just kidding.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Believe me... The padding in the NFL only help reduce deaths... Not injuries... The speed and power these guys play at compared to rugby is the difference between getting hit by a golf cart and a semi truck...

Bauvafa

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
NFL football is the most violent and yet desciplined sport that there is. It's very complex and different from soccer. It's one game that we Iranians could probably never master as an all Iranian team cuz it requires the outmost team work & timing, otherwise your team keeps moving backward, completely against the main objective of the game of moving the ball forward in segments.

as far as the gear like the padding or the helmet, although it protects the players from receiving hard blows, but the "attacker" uses the helmet(only to certain parts of the body of the opposing player) like an extended body part-weapon which makes the impact that much harder.

A. FOOTBALL is a tough game, both physically & mentally. It was designed to be a tough guys game.

JazzedUp

Bench Warmer
Dec 1, 2002
London
How come Rugby and Rugby League is not included in your poll? I mean really if I wanna watch a tough sport why would I watch Grid Iron when there is those two? They are tougher and faster than American Football. I'm not dissing the sport but I just think they are more fun. Personally I like League a lot eventhough NZ is Rugby mad.

Not a big fan of F1 but I think it should be in your poll. And yes it's a sport. F1 drivers are very fit and their reaction times are extraordinary fast. It's not just cars driving around tracks.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
Let's get it straight..

Poker is sport, Tennis is not sport...or at least not pro-sport, only girls and fags like it.
Personally, i rather watch Federer play than....ok..doesn't matter...

American Football has way too many breaks and isn't fluid enough...that's why it won't make it in europe.
Rugby is all about running, thinking, playing as a team..really an amazing and beautiful sport.

averageniceguy

National Team Player
Apr 14, 2003
north pole (almost)
westwienmaskulin said:
Let's get it straight..

Poker is sport, Tennis is not sport...or at least not pro-sport, only girls and fags like it.
Personally, i rather watch Federer play than....ok..doesn't matter...

American Football has way too many breaks and isn't fluid enough...that's why it won't make it in europe.
Rugby is all about running, thinking, playing as a team..really an amazing and beautiful sport.
indeed. poker is as much of a sport as playing PS2.

i like playing american football. but in terms of TV id rather watch golf. because they stop every 12 seconds and show ads. deeply annoying. good thing most of the world agrees with me on this one.

JazzedUp

Bench Warmer
Dec 1, 2002
London
Exaclty what I was going to say!
I reckon playing Grid Iron should be cool but I'm not so sure about watching it. I usually just get bored after a while.
I suppose Grid Iron is a little cultural just like cricket. I'd imagine noone would stand watching a test match cricket or a one dayer cricket if you are not grown up in an environment that loves it. I like cricket but somehow I don't think an average american guy would like it.

Jan 31, 2004
There we go again with people from Europe, Australia, or dubai making ridiculous comments about games they know nothing about.

The funniest part is when they in fact try to prove how their favourite sports such as Tennis with yogurt, volleyball in shorts or skirt, soccer or rugby are harder to play and physicaly tougher than NFL football or NHL hockey!

If they knew that some of the best rugby players in the world have had tryouts with NFL teams only to get cut in second day practice, if they knew that the entire canadian rugby team for instance is made up of players who have failed to make it into the canadian football league, or if they knew that running backs, safties or corner backs like Jerome Bettis, Roy Williams, Jamal Lewis, Ladanian Tomlinson, Rodney Harrison,... at close to 300 pounds of sheer muscle who can run 40 meters at around 4.5 seconds can run through the entire Australian Rugby team killing 6 players on their way while being able to memorize a whole play book the night before they wouldn't even dare to compare rugby to football in any shape or form.

Bauvafa

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
American Football is really a great game, but let me tell you my story. I started watching it as a kid in Iran on friday afternoons on channel 5, and could never figure out what the hell they were doing. Then I came to US and missed soccer so much, then transfered to a soccer school, but the atmosphere back then around soccer was very empty. And I kept watching NFL without paying much attention to the announcer and comparing it to soccer in my mind(BIG MISTAKE). Then in desperation to find a sport I could follow, decided to start listening to the announcer, reading paper about the game, and it took me about two or thre seasons to fully understand the game, as a spectator. Then I fell in love with it along the way, and played one season in college (didn't do too well). someone mentioned about "playbook", it's a set of complex plays pre-assigned and auditined, practiced (just like acting) many times over. so Football is a tough and yet complex game. It's impossible to judge the game unless you fully understand it. another comment made about not making it in Europe, I agree 100%, Football is an ALL AMERICAN sport (even more than baseball to some extent), it takes a certain type of attitude that most other nations CURRENTLY don't have.
overall, I enjoy watching it alot.