British head coach of Iranian billiard team adopts Islam

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
10/18/10 [SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]British head coach of Iranian billiard team adopts Islam [/SIZE]Source: ISNA, Tehran British head coach of Iranian national billiard team David John adopted Islam on Monday in an official ceremony in Tehran.

Davoud (David) John
The coach, one of the world's billiard champions, chose the name of Davoud (the Islamic version of David) after the ceremony which was also attended by the Chairman of Iran's Physical Education Organization Ali Saeedlou and the Head of the Friday Prayer Leaders' Policymaking Council Reza Taghavi.
Saeedlou then promised to present the British coach with a Hajj travel and Taghavi offered several Holy Quran books accompanied by English translation as well several books to him.
"I felt great excitement when I visited Mashhad (Iranian northeastern city where the holy shrine of Imam Reza, the 8th Imam of Shiite Muslims, is) and I was willing to adopt Islam," John said after the ceremony.
"I used to be a coach in Dubai, Qatar and Bahrain for several years, I was au fait with Islam, but I was impressed by Iranian culture when I visited the country."

"I went to the city of Mashhad and visited the shrine, there I chose to become a Muslim."

He expressed hope he could be a good Muslim through further studies.

... Payvand News - 10/18/10 ... --

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
"British head coach of Iranian billiard team adopts Islam"
....and his children, and their children ... There could be nothing against one adopting a belief if one chooses, but hopefully it is with the recognition of its ramifications for his family and posterity.

Dec 12, 2002
usa
well, this not the first time british do things like that for national interest .however we have to make sure they would do khatane on him ,after that as tabrok make the doodoll to 4 pieces , 2 pieces for queen and primie minster and two other pieces for Emam and AN .
atleast you have to make something good out of it .

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
I don't presume to know his real motives, but if it is for material gains, he may be in for some surprise when he tries to change back! The apostasy laws in Iran are quite harsh.

Dec 12, 2002
usa
man ,look at him ,he is wierdo .i have no problem with people to converting to another religion but now in this situation ?, great timing, all the bad publicities against moslems in the world and his country on top of the list as well .it seems like his real intention was not to be become a moslem rather to be molested by moslems .

Aug 21, 2005
next door
there is nothing wrong with becoming Muslim, if we preach tolerance for better tomorrow we have to accept any and all religions regardless of what you,me or he thinks. just because you guys do not like islam does not mean others should not follow it either. the culprit here is not islam it is IRI we are fighting. islam was here, is here and will be here after IRI. it is the way of thinking should be changed. our goal is to get rid of IRI!!! do not loose focus

Oct 18, 2002
And right after the ceremony, the coach was spotted in his plush new apartment chugging a cold one and toasting it to Mohammad va ale Mohammad ;)

Dec 12, 2002
usa
beystr jan, there are some pain one would never forget it, but if i would category the pains i went through ,i will do it ...
1- bad toothache
2- kidney stone
3- broken bone
4- khatane

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2002
usa
persian-eagle jan ,who said we hate islam ,religion is a personal affair and what we have problem is hypocricy and publicity .we 100% know there is agenda and propganda behind of his converting to shaism .if someones really wants to do that then why all those publicities . look at that guy ,i bet you he drinks atleast a 24 packs beer every nite . the guy did that for only one reason, to make some fast cash from yours and my pocket .

Dec 12, 2002
usa
man vaghe-an nemeedoonam khatne kardan kari dorosti ya na , har pedar va mother ba yek omid va arezooee pesarashoone khatne mikonand shayed ye roozi bedaardesh bekhore ...;
vali heyf ,adam delash misooze , chee begam .
feker konam bayesti ba oon englishi ye ghable az khatne sohbat konand ,tell him ,khatane kardan is highly overrated . adam batesti yekhorde chance dashte bashe .that is all .

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
there is nothing wrong with becoming Muslim, if we preach tolerance for better tomorrow we have to accept any and all religions regardless of what you,me or he thinks. just because you guys do not like islam does not mean others should not follow it either. the culprit here is not islam it is IRI we are fighting. islam was here, is here and will be here after IRI. it is the way of thinking should be changed. our goal is to get rid of IRI!!! do not loose focus
Great post!

BTW, I wonder if he's met an Iranian woman! ;)

Cause as he himself puts it, he's been to Qatar, Dubai and Bahrain as well. Why in Iran? I don't buy "I've seen Imam Reza's shrine" either. :D

I wouldn't be surprised if he presented his new Iranian wife soon in a while.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
No, just a simple idiot. Trying to be something special in his otherwise miserable boring life. Nothing special behind it, nothing special infront of him. Just a clear cut moron trying to bring a bit of exciting in his lousy life, to "try" something new, a new challenge, a new something in his inner boredome.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
I hope this guy is aware that once he turns on Islam they will perhaps behead him or stone him to death as it’s punishable by death. If he genuinely wanted to convert to Islam it’s one thing but doing it so openly which is obviously used as propaganda by the Islamic regime and he gains by profiting our countries funds and resources its total bullshit. If you ask me the whole thing is bogus.

May 9, 2004
برخی از شما چون از اسلام متنفر هستید
به همین خاطر اگر کسی مسلمان شد در نظر شما یا بخاطر پول بوده یا حتما زندگی برایش ممل شده است
و با این کار می خواهد یک چیز جدیدی را امتحان کند!!!آ
امارها نشان می دهد که روزانه صدها بلکه هزاران نفر به اسلام می گروند
و اکثریت این عده غربی هستند
از ان بازیکن تیم ملی فرانسه تا ان مربی و خواننده امریکایی و صدها اسم دیگر که نمی توان گفت بخاطر پول یا روتین به اسلام گرویده اند را می توان نام برد
این هم حتما به همین خاطر مسلمان شده