can you party in LA!?!

a123321r

National Team Player
Oct 27, 2002
bradford, england
thanks everyone.. judging by the replies.. i decided to at least delay buying the ticket and my mate is ok with it too thankfully lol.. had a long 12 hour day at work while the whole time trying to think where to go for my hols..

thanks for the suggestions... moscow, vegas etc. don't have the whole beach party thing going on.. miami is good around sept/oct apparently? and i definitely do want to go there but my mate can only do june so maybe i'll save that for next year..overall LA is cool but think i'd rather go as a couple at a different time than for the type of holiday i need now lol.. so i figured after all that to start looking into mykonos.. it's a 24/7 party place.. it's also more upmarket than some of the other greek and spanish resorts.. the only thing is i'm scared it might be too early to go in june as like ibiza it's supposed to peak in august.. anyone been there by any chance? i went to malia once but i think (hopefully!) mykonos is quite a different atmosphere?

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
I assume the Olympic Gardens is a similar place like the main park in Vienna (I forgot the name) I visited a long time ago where waltz is played and there peacocks roaming around; no?
You mean Stadtpark?? Aeeeehm....yeah, actually exactly the same kind of place! You also have ducks running around Stadtpark. When I was a kid I used to go there often with my late grandfather feeding ducks. Roohesh shad...

sarang

Bench Warmer
Nov 10, 2007
Newcastle
thanks everyone.. judging by the replies.. i decided to at least delay buying the ticket and my mate is ok with it too thankfully lol.. had a long 12 hour day at work while the whole time trying to think where to go for my hols..

thanks for the suggestions... moscow, vegas etc. don't have the whole beach party thing going on.. miami is good around sept/oct apparently? and i definitely do want to go there but my mate can only do june so maybe i'll save that for next year..overall LA is cool but think i'd rather go as a couple at a different time than for the type of holiday i need now lol.. so i figured after all that to start looking into mykonos.. it's a 24/7 party place.. it's also more upmarket than some of the other greek and spanish resorts.. the only thing is i'm scared it might be too early to go in june as like ibiza it's supposed to peak in august.. anyone been there by any chance? i went to malia once but i think (hopefully!) mykonos is quite a different atmosphere?
actually think in june/july it reaches the peak in a party islands well it was in magaluf it was absolutely packed not too sure about ibiza but they are quite similar i guess. malia or ayia napa are one of my likely destination this summer i heard its pretty live there.

btw my advice to u never get all inclusive deal in these places it will go to waste

Last edited:

a123321r

National Team Player
Oct 27, 2002
bradford, england
to be honest i don't want somewhere with too many english people and all the other greek and spanish ones are full of english people so that's one of my reasons for mykonos.. another place i was thinking about was croatia but don't know anyone who's been to the islands and can tell me anything about it? anyone been??

Agha Shojaa

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2002
Canada
abouzar jan,

Agha mA fekr kardim digeh azat seno sali gozashteh bad az een hameh sal too ISP. Mesleh eenkeh hanooz javoon moondi ya shayadam mesleh Hosein Kabi hanooz 19 saleteh :). agar Montreal oomadi let us know.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
to be honest i don't want somewhere with too many english people and all the other greek and spanish ones are full of english people so that's one of my reasons for mykonos.. another place i was thinking about was croatia but don't know anyone who's been to the islands and can tell me anything about it? anyone been??
Abouzar jan if beach is your priority number 1, have you checked North of South America or even the Caribbean?

a123321r

National Team Player
Oct 27, 2002
bradford, england
abouzar jan,

Agha mA fekr kardim digeh azat seno sali gozashteh bad az een hameh sal too ISP. Mesleh eenkeh hanooz javoon moondi ya shayadam mesleh Hosein Kabi hanooz 19 saleteh :). agar Montreal oomadi let us know.
Abouzar jan if beach is your priority number 1, have you checked North of South America or even the Caribbean?
thanks sly jan, definitely wanna go to the carribean but everything all in its good time, like i definitely want to plan to be at the world cup in brazil because that would be visiting a must visit place and an amazing time or some of the carribean but not really with my mate lol are you going to brazil for worldcup btw? and if you can only take two weeks off work, would you do it for the first half or the second half of the competition, considering iran is unlikely to go to the second half but brazil are always likely to win it and it would be an amazing party!! lol and if you go for the first half and iran make it to the finals, you would have been at the worldcup but missed it's most memorable times! lol suggestions?

a123321r

National Team Player
Oct 27, 2002
bradford, england
abouzar jan,

wth.. omadim yek bar multi-quote konim, tamameh message ham ghayb shode! but gyst of my first reply was that it's a pre-mature midlife crisis.. 6 months left to 30.. but i'm liking it! :) man the whole holiday idea started from canada.. lol and then MIAMI and then somehow LA sounded flashier and then.. i'm not normally this indecisive about holidays.. this pre-mature mid life crisis is painful man!

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
thanks sly jan, definitely wanna go to the carribean but everything all in its good time, like i definitely want to plan to be at the world cup in brazil because that would be visiting a must visit place and an amazing time or some of the carribean but not really with my mate lol are you going to brazil for worldcup btw? and if you can only take two weeks off work, would you do it for the first half or the second half of the competition, considering iran is unlikely to go to the second half but brazil are always likely to win it and it would be an amazing party!! lol and if you go for the first half and iran make it to the finals, you would have been at the worldcup but missed it's most memorable times! lol suggestions?
LOL..well you know I would really really like to go to the WC, oonam too Brazil! ;) But I still don't know what my plans look like. We'll see what happens, but damn it... I never thought about it in that much detail as you just described! Personally I really doubt Brazil will win (just like us, they lack player depth nowadays). But being at home, they could go quite far and you are right, the further they go in the competition, I can imagine the bigger parties. ;) But then I don't want to miss Iran games either. Now you gave me something to think about! lol Although I think the parties there will be quite big even in the beginning of the WC. So if Iran qualifies and I can be there, I think I might go in the beginning. But I don't know.... depending on the "khosh gozarooni" I might also be tempted to extend my stay. :D How about you?

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
You can party anywhere with the right people but L.A. wouldn't be anywhere near the top of my list. Maybe if you get into one of those house parties in orange county with the rich kids.

Irani

IPL Player
Oct 19, 2002
Iran (70%), Others (30%)
Different people depending on their age have different meaning for “party.” When I travel, I party with locals: drink & eat with them and try to speak their language.

When young people (not limited to Iranians) say party, they mean to get wasted. If this is your definition, LA is not the place. In general, NORTH AMERICA is Boring. If you add legal crap, then avoid North America. Try Europe (England, Germany, and Ireland), Eastern Europe (Romania and Serbia), Russia, Far East (HK, China) or South America (Peru). Enjoy food, scenery, and make some friends wherever you go. They are human too and share good impression of you when you leave.

Mar 13, 2007
Overall nowhere can match the high end and good looking Vegas party scene, nothing comes close. but Miami and new york can come close, Toronto probably has the largest entertainment distirct with the most number of diverse clubs in the world compacted in the same area I have seen. night club complexes packing over 5000 people like guvernment, club fx, circa and etc in toronto with are very rare anywhere else.

for most part people come out to party and show themselves and their stuff, I have yet to see women in caliber of vegas and miami in europe. Europe doesn have gorillas and pam anderson look alikes like here. It also looks like in europe its more about music for them, they love their euro thrash music and for most part everyone likes the same crap, here everyone is into something different.

LA and some other places are different cause many folks beautifull large places and throw large parties instead. When you have a 8000 sqft home on the water and can invite a dj and 200-300 party people by the pool, you dont need to go out.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2010
la is a party town allright. but you need to be in the list to get into the better clubs and parties. the best parties are in the boo but to get on that list is not easy you need to know the right people.

ferdosi

Bench Warmer
Apr 21, 2004
I haven't read other peoples reply, but here is my 2 cents....

LA could be a great party town if you know the right people, There are some really good clubbs, with alot of hot girls, but as you mentioned pretty much all of them close down after 2 o'clock, snce they are not allowed to sell alcohol. 1 or 2 after hour places that are open have a relatively high cover charge, mostly Asian people and everybody seems to be high on E. A few years ago a good friends of mine had a huge place in Hollywood hills, after two o'clock, everybody went to his place and we where partying to 6 am. People would jump into pool and Jacuzzi and open champagne bottles and I'm not gonna get into details more than this:4:
Anyways again if you knew the right people it could be the best place to party, Now I know that you don't so basically if you only want to party do not come to LA.

My recommendation is if you are coming to N.A, Visit VEGAS you will LOVE it. There is no beach there, but during the day you can go to one of the best pool parties in the WORLD, and you will have several good choices. At night you will have many choices of good clubs, and there are at least one good after hour place(used to be 2, not sure if the other one is still around), which is open till I think 6 am if not longer (I think the latest I've been there is 4 or 5). If Party and North America is your priority then VEGAS is hands down the best option, you won't find anywhere better no matter who tells you what.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
;) Helloooooooooooooo!

Was just sticking my head in when I noticed this thread and I thought Id give you some info...

While LA is not on my list for best party towns in the US, mostly due to California's ridiculous 2am alcohol law, there are still some decent choices depending on what you are into.

Venice - has a very laid back international crowd. Most of the places are restaurants that move their tables and open outdoor smoking areas and has a very loungey and relaxed feel.

Westside/Santa Monica - More of your sportsbar and fratboy type places. Usually easy on the wallet and not difficult to get into. Good for a last minute outing.

Hollywood - If you are in a decent sized group, want to spend a good amount of money for bottle service, and are looking for a bit younger of a crowd with your typical night out there are many places here for you to go. There are smaller more intimate places as well, and in the past couple years places like Hemingway's and Supper club have opened with live music and a more 28-35 age group.

Silver Lake - If live music and a more bohemian crowd are your thing, Silver lake is a great place to go. Lots of artists and liberal students live and party in silver lake.

Downtown - Happy Hours (5-8 weekday) There are great places like Edison's but only during these hours when professionals are out drinking before they go home. Afterwards or on weekends, it pretty much turns into an extension of Hollywood.

Hotel scene - Standard, W, Roosevelt, Viceroy, are places where you can go and get bottle service or a room, and the night scene is usually half decent.

So while LA isnt Miami or New York, does have that ridiculous 2am last call, there are things you can do, but I would probably start planning early and decide how much you are willing to spend, because LA is spread out and traveling between destinations can ruin your night... As others have mentioned Vegas and even SF are decent alternatives, but I would go to them as well, not completely replace LA with them...

Bijans

Legionnaire
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
Take it from me.. I lived in Europe for 18 years and I have been to most places in Europe. Although you find nice parties in Europe, what you find in LA is completely different. LA is the ultimate party city and you realize quickly how different the people are. LA is great if you know where to go.

Nov 29, 2002
I never thought I'd say this but I wanna hear from Lover/Parham/Soroush - he knows his partying alright.....

I think there's a lot of options in the big North American cities, but people are more free in places like Poland so as someone of iranian ethnicity you might have more fun there.....

I'm sure the exclusive superclubs are better in LA, NY and london than anywhere else in the world though..

i;m not much of a partier anyway...