can you party in LA!?!

Lover

Bench Warmer
Apr 11, 2008
Toronto
I hear LA is too spread out, I always thought I would live there but now I realized it's all streets and no one walking around like Europe so I'm probably not moving there anytime soon. The key to partying is OPTIONS, so one place isn't good you can jump to the next or just walk on the streets. Miami and New York are best choices for men in USA based on what I've seen and heard. Vancouver is good for under 10 days.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
;) Helloooooooooooooo!

Was just sticking my head in when I noticed this thread and I thought Id give you some info...

While LA is not on my list for best party towns in the US, mostly due to California's ridiculous 2am alcohol law, there are still some decent choices depending on what you are into.

Venice - has a very laid back international crowd. Most of the places are restaurants that move their tables and open outdoor smoking areas and has a very loungey and relaxed feel.

Westside/Santa Monica - More of your sportsbar and fratboy type places. Usually easy on the wallet and not difficult to get into. Good for a last minute outing.

Hollywood - If you are in a decent sized group, want to spend a good amount of money for bottle service, and are looking for a bit younger of a crowd with your typical night out there are many places here for you to go. There are smaller more intimate places as well, and in the past couple years places like Hemingway's and Supper club have opened with live music and a more 28-35 age group.

Silver Lake - If live music and a more bohemian crowd are your thing, Silver lake is a great place to go. Lots of artists and liberal students live and party in silver lake.

Downtown - Happy Hours (5-8 weekday) There are great places like Edison's but only during these hours when professionals are out drinking before they go home. Afterwards or on weekends, it pretty much turns into an extension of Hollywood.

Hotel scene - Standard, W, Roosevelt, Viceroy, are places where you can go and get bottle service or a room, and the night scene is usually half decent.

So while LA isnt Miami or New York, does have that ridiculous 2am last call, there are things you can do, but I would probably start planning early and decide how much you are willing to spend, because LA is spread out and traveling between destinations can ruin your night... As others have mentioned Vegas and even SF are decent alternatives, but I would go to them as well, not completely replace LA with them...
Welcome back Farbod jan. Long time no post. Your list is on the money but you left out the Manhattan, Hermosa Beach party scene. They have a centralized place closse to the piers with lots of bars and night clubs. The night clubs are mostly hangouts for younger folks and the bars are for mostly locals and tourists in 30+ age group.
Also in Orange county Newport and Laguna beachs both have a decent night life.

a123321r

National Team Player
Oct 27, 2002
bradford, england
lol come on guys i already said LA is out of the question for now.. yeah would like to go there some day but it just doesn't fit the type of holiday I want at the moment.. lol @ doctor.. waiting for lover's opinion.. but my definition of party wasn't easy girls lol i just wanted somewhere with a similar atmosphere to ibiza/cancun and I think mykonos might just be it although we'd be going in june which is before the peak season starts.. i take it no one's been there or to croatia then?

Bijans

Legionnaire
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
Sly jaan, the Diversity in LA is unseen elsewhere. You can practically do anything you want if money is not an object. In Europe you always feel like you don't belong there.. it is not the case in LA.

a123321r

National Team Player
Oct 27, 2002
bradford, england
Sly jaan, the Diversity in LA is unseen elsewhere. You can practically do anything you want if money is not an object. In Europe you always feel like you don't belong there.. it is not the case in LA.
lol that's the main reason i like greece/spain.. is because i feel like i BELONG there and until i open my mouth people think i'm actually local which makes a nice difference to uk where i have lived for 19 years! lol LA definitely sounds like an interesting place to explore though just not the type of place i really want right now.. but if i knew a few people from the cast of californication though to get into their private parties, I would be on the first plane there today! lol