canada is not a safe place to live

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Harper "regime" "took over" Canada but Akhoonds didn't take over Iran? BTW, it is Harper, not harper and there is no country in the world called canada. If you can't even get your basic English right, it is hard to take you seriously on anything else.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Not quite. The profits go back into the company's balance sheets and allow the company to expand and spend, pay higher salaries and hire more people. I have not seen any drop in hi tech wages, actually the opposite.
the balance sheet supposed to pay in higher salaries and create jobs but in reality it hasn't been. More high salary jobs has been lost and much lower wage jobs has been replacing it for last five years. The companies are not spending their balance sheet because they don't see any recovery and that is the situation we are right now, no jobs and people are loosing their houses more than ever before.

No company would pay all its profits as dividend to the investors; they get richer from the stock price rise in the stock market, not directly the profits.
And who has been making the most money out of stock market? Specially two months ago? And what are the real stories behind stock market?
I'm not going to get into it as it really gets complicated and very time consuming to explain!

Last edited:

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Who runs the corporations and Wall Street? Apparently a different species closely related to humans but definitely not the people. Just the crap you read on the Internet these days.
I meant people as majority of people who struggle day to day living. Yes, top 5% are still humans and are people but clearly that was not what I was saying!
It is always easier to mislead the point someone try to make rather than bring some decent arguments.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
There are people who take every opportunity to bash business. What is a business other than people getting together to provide goods and services? This simple fact fails to penetrate the thick head of so many people.
Bashing businesses???
who is bashing businesses and what part of Walmart, Albertson's, CVS, ect... are doing the GREAT service to people. You know there are other businesses that are not into the magnitude of Walmart and are local businesses that are struggling to survive because of these corporations. Yes, they are giving people services they need, make people close their local businesses and make them work in your warehouse for minimum wage. Yeah that is GREAT!

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Bashing businesses???
who is bashing businesses and what part of Walmart, Albertson's, CVS, ect... are doing the GREAT service to people. You know there are other businesses that are not into the magnitude of Walmart and are local businesses that are struggling to survive because of these corporations. Yes, they are giving people services they need, make people close their local businesses and make them work in your warehouse for minimum wage. Yeah that is GREAT!
Why don't YOU start a business and start with $50 an hour. Fact of the matter is, you can barely feed yourself.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Why don't YOU start a business and start with $50 an hour. Fact of the matter is, you can barely feed yourself.
Why don't YOU quit telling people what to do and quit assuming about other people's private lives !!!
This is just a discussion! people talk about their own opinions, it is simply not for people trying to tell others what to do and what is right !!!
I guess I won't take you seriously anymore!

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I'm hearing and seeing alot of the same. Companies are becoming more and more fearful every day here in Canada. Even the mining sector which was hyped like crazy a few years ago, is back to where it was originally. I can't believe no one called out these companies with their insane growth and development projections. If it had been a 3rd world country, we would be outraged.
The problem with mining companies in Canada is actually a perfect example of why this thread is retarded!!! I'm working with one right now and the amount of safety procedures that are in place and have to be followed make it extremely expensive to do work for them. This is my first time doing actual site work in a mining environment so it has been a learning experience and the price for next time will be reflecting that, But all regular contractors and vendors know that when they work with this particular company, they need to throw in another 20-30% hassle factor on their price. Over time, prices creep up and it's tough to generate profit when everything is costing you 20-30% more.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
The problem with mining companies in Canada is actually a perfect example of why this thread is retarded!!! I'm working with one right now and the amount of safety procedures that are in place and have to be followed make it extremely expensive to do work for them. This is my first time doing actual site work in a mining environment so it has been a learning experience and the price for next time will be reflecting that, But all regular contractors and vendors know that when they work with this particular company, they need to throw in another 20-30% hassle factor on their price. Over time, prices creep up and it's tough to generate profit when everything is costing you 20-30% more.
That is my point as well ...

We have all that regulations here that shackle our industries here , raise up the production cost while China, India, Brazil don't have any of those regulations and can do the same job for so much cheaper ... Cooperations move the contracts there and jobs follow soon after ...

At the same time people nag and complain about environment and regulations while going to Costco and Walmart buying the Chinese products without even thinking twice to save few dollars ...

Last edited:

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Well a lot of accidents happened in Canada recently which doesn't make Canadian safety procedures look good at all it simply hasn't been working. Canada is still in top ten in terms of injecting pollution and USA is second after China. In fact USA and China are the biggest one of all and India which is third is producing fifth of US pollution. Canada regulation is much like the one in USA which in fact only harms the smaller businesses while the big boys are well protected and have much influence in the regulation frame work.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
That is my point as well ...

We have all that regulations here that shackle our industries here , raise up the production cost while China, India, Brazil don't have any of those regulations and can do the same job for so much cheaper ... Cooperations move the contracts there and jobs follow soon after ...

At the same time people nag and complain about environment and regulations while going to Costco and Walmart buying the Chinese products without even thinking twice to save few dollars ...
I agree with you about manufacturing in china are very polluted but the core problem lies to our corporations to deal with them in order to get better contracts and prices rather than helping local businesses that are environmental friendly to flourish and change our ways completely rather than just moving it to China which is on the same planet.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Why don't YOU quit telling people what to do and quit assuming about other people's private lives !!!
This is just a discussion! people talk about their own opinions, it is simply not for people trying to tell others what to do and what is right !!!
I guess I won't take you seriously anymore!
I am saying leave me alone, you are saying drink this, eat that, turn off lights, bike to work. Now who is telling others what to do?

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
the natives are getting restless.and i am not talking about the 'first nation'.opposition to harper's regime is growing and dissidents are actively looking to overthrow his regime before the next elections.even his expected cabinet re-shuffling this summer is not going to save his regime.
Regime, overthrow, opposition, dissidents? You forgot salafis and wahabis. Oh wait, this is NOT Syria thread?