canada is not a safe place to live

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
for people who still have faith in Canadian mining regulators, watch this video!
[video=youtube;xzgkj2Oz4gA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xzgkj2Oz4gA[/video]

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
May I ask what kind of energy production you are FOR? Oh, you say wind and solar? How many environmental groups do you want me to show you that are against them too?

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
May I ask what kind of energy production you are FOR? Oh, you say wind and solar? How many environmental groups do you want me to show you that are against them too?
There are enough alternatives for better and cleaner energy, unfortunately they never got any attention from any investors or energy companies. The oil and gas business is more about who should make the dough while other alternative threaten their interests. If you can't understand this then I'm sorry, I can't help you there.
It doesn't help when they trash our planet for some extra dough while they are not spending a penny to promote better energies but actually doing whatever they can to block other plans because it might threaten their interests.
Extracting all this oil in what cost? for profit that only goes to small portion of population while the rest will suffer through pollutions and leaks which effect people's daily lives!
I don't want you to show me anything but to spend more time to look for those people who have/had better alternatives which they never got any attention.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
This rant reminds me of the talking points going around in the 50s that Detroit intentionally makes bad cars so they can sell more! As ridiculous as it sounds today, if you were around back then you'd probably accept every word of it. Grow up! If there is money in something, they'll jump in. One of the best selling Ford models is C-max. I don't have to bring up Prius or Tesla (and please don't tell me it was government money). Others had it too. You think alternatives are cost free? You need to read a little.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
There is not much money in other alternative as much as there is in oil. That should answers your question. Don't tell me "Grow Up" or "read more" carp, you need to stop being stuck in 50s as this world is moving way too fast for you, it seems!

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Perhaps this incident is a better example of why Canada's becoming a slightly unsafe place to live... Suspect (Syrian-Canadian teenager) alone on the streetcar with a small 3" knife surrounded by police, shot 9 times after he puts his hands over his head at some point and then tasered after he laid there dying! Toronto police brutality and methods have been under question since the G20 protests in Toronto - thankfully, a passerby got the whole thing on video this time. Although the SIU (Special Investigation Unit) is involved in this case, just like any other when someone dies as a result of police action and it's not standard practice to share the details with the public, the Toronto police chief is holding a conference at 11 a.m. today:

[video=youtube_share;lG6OTyjzAgg]http://youtu.be/lG6OTyjzAgg[/video]

Full article: http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...d-man-brandishing-a-knife-on-empty-streetcar/

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
There is not much money in other alternative as much as there is in oil.
Good catch! And why is that bye-bye? Why is it we are not burning coal in our homes anymore? Was that oil company conspiracy too? I know it is difficult for you to grasp but people are't stupid. If alternatives are any good they'll buy it. Drop this conspiracy theory stuff. By the way, how many miles do you bike to work, heh heh?

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
Perhaps this incident is a better example of why Canada's becoming a slightly unsafe place to live... Suspect (Syrian-Canadian teenager) alone on the streetcar with a small 3" knife surrounded by police, shot 9 times after he puts his hands over his head at some point and then tasered after he laid there dying! Toronto police brutality and methods have been under question since the G20 protests in Toronto - thankfully, a passerby got the whole thing on video this time. Although the SIU (Special Investigation Unit) is involved in this case, just like any other when someone dies as a result of police action and it's not standard practice to share the details with the public, the Toronto police chief is holding a conference at 11 a.m. today:

[video=youtube_share;lG6OTyjzAgg]http://youtu.be/lG6OTyjzAgg[/video]

Full article: http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...d-man-brandishing-a-knife-on-empty-streetcar/
Here is an update on this:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/toront...-shooting-i-am-also-seeking-answers-1.1388173

Where did you hear that the knife was 3" ?

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Good catch! And why is that bye-bye? Why is it we are not burning coal in our homes anymore? Was that oil company conspiracy too? I know it is difficult for you to grasp but people are't stupid. If alternatives are any good they'll buy it. Drop this conspiracy theory stuff. By the way, how many miles do you bike to work, heh heh?
The better question would be, why we are still burning fossil fuels at the rate we are? Why some energy companies are still burning coal ? why we don't have a great public transportation while there is highways everywhere? why other alternative threaten their profits?
you are right people are not stupid, they know the difference between conspiracy theories and conspiracy facts!
I understand it is hard for you to understand what is happening to our planet is very serious and how these fossil fuels are destroying our future and it is hard for you to understand there has been many many other alternative to produce energy which has been thrown out of the window by all these energy companies.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
there has been many many other alternative to produce energy which has been thrown out of the window by all these energy companies.
Really? You have a coal furnace in your home? Why didn't coal companies "throw out" oil then gas furnaces out of the window? Because you looked at both and CHOSE gas. Why don't you pick a book on free markets and learn how products succeed in the market place. If there is money to be made everybody would be on it. What really bothers you is why doesn't the government OUTLAW coal. Admit it, that is what you want.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Really? You have a coal furnace in your home? Why didn't coal companies "throw out" oil then gas furnaces out of the window? Because you looked at both and CHOSE gas. Why don't you pick a book on free markets and learn how products succeed in the market place. If there is money to be made everybody would be on it. What really bothers you is why doesn't the government OUTLAW coal. Admit it, that is what you want.
Either you never get my point or you just play mind games!The whole idea is to reduce all use of fossil fuels use and replace them with other alternative outside Coal,oil and gas circle and move to something totally different. Obama is trying to replace Coal energy with Natural Gas which in reality he is replacing one fossil fuel with another which doesn't help anything. I know how the free market works and actually this free market has been the problem for environmental movement. The way the free market works is the same way the democracy works which in reality is just a joke!

Oct 18, 2002

The main problem with Ontario police is that the watchdog SIU is essentially toothless. It cannot even force police officers to testify or hand over documents or evidence. These were part of the agreements the Liberal government offered to the police union to win their support.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
The way the free market works is the same way the democracy works which in reality is just a joke!
I knew I could smoke you out if I kept at it. A totalitarian at heart who wants to boss people around and tell them how to live while nobody knows how HE lives. Nice try, but If I wanted to drive putt putts there were plenty of Prides and Peykans in Iran too. I could have had a V8 and I did.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Shahin jaan, I saw the 3" knife in an article - not sure which one, but you can also see the knife at some point in the video and it doesn't look much bigger than 3", 4" max I would say.

Totally agreed Mr. D, the SIU is a joke. Not even sure why we pay these guys if they take so long to investigate and never really accomplish anything. This is apparently the 3rd case with similar circumstances in the last 3 years. But what bothers me the most about this situation is that the cop got suspended with pay! I mean come on! That's all you have to do to get 4-8 week paid vacation if you're on the police force - shoot to kill?!

I originally thought this may have been a rookie cop, but he's been on the force for 6 years! There's no excuse for what happened - none at all. And I'm tired of hearing we have to wait until the investigation is completed. What investigation? All the facts are there on the video - at no point does anyone look like they are in a life threatening situation that would allow them to shoot someone. Even if they were, you shoot the guy in the leg once, not in his torso 9 times!!!

Oct 1, 2004
Shahin jaan, I saw the 3" knife in an article - not sure which one, but you can also see the knife at some point in the video and it doesn't look much bigger than 3", 4" max I would say.

Totally agreed Mr. D, the SIU is a joke. Not even sure why we pay these guys if they take so long to investigate and never really accomplish anything. This is apparently the 3rd case with similar circumstances in the last 3 years. But what bothers me the most about this situation is that the cop got suspended with pay! I mean come on! That's all you have to do to get 4-8 week paid vacation if you're on the police force - shoot to kill?!

I originally thought this may have been a rookie cop, but he's been on the force for 6 years! There's no excuse for what happened - none at all. And I'm tired of hearing we have to wait until the investigation is completed. What investigation? All the facts are there on the video - at no point does anyone look like they are in a life threatening situation that would allow them to shoot someone. Even if they were, you shoot the guy in the leg once, not in his torso 9 times!!!
And then taze him!

Oct 18, 2010
not surprising at all.this whole thread is meant to highlight the fact that the harper regime has sank canada in the lowest it has ever been.get used to hearing about this stuff more often than not.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
I knew I could smoke you out if I kept at it. A totalitarian at heart who wants to boss people around and tell them how to live while nobody knows how HE lives. Nice try, but If I wanted to drive putt putts there were plenty of Prides and Peykans in Iran too. I could have had a V8 and I did.
All you smoking is some good stuff! I don't think you ever will see my point. The Democracy and free market you are all about and think it is the best thing ever, then you need to know much more about it and see how it operate from top to bottom. It really is not "free" market as you think it is! It actually very one sided market for huge corporations while others are pushed aside.
Who is bossing who? what are you smoking buddy, take it easy on those stuff, be careful with those !