Carlos Queiroz the mastermind Chess player

Nov 24, 2002
Ghoddos benching was a big mastery, i am still mad at Queiroz bcs of it.
For a team which rely on set pieces how he could bench this guy and let Rezaeian or Hajsafi take crucial set pieces?!?

Nov 29, 2002
@Dr Strangemoosh So to recap, success is:
Asian Cup : Final or Winning
WC 2022: qualifying to Round of 16

and if we dont achieve either of the 2, would you still keep CQ as our coach ? (LETS assume we HAD better choices and our other choices were not the likes of Ali Parvin)
Asian Cup - If he doesn't make final but Iran play disciplined and with a unit which was similar to the world cup, that is OK for me for him staying because I don't want the project to be stopped half way and I don't think it would be healthy for TM's long-term performance.

WC 2022 - if we don't get to round of 16 it may be time to replace him IF the way the team plays hasn't moved forward from this world cup in the same way that this world cup we had moved forward from 2014.

Remember, this was the first time we even qualified to two consecutive world cups, we are forgetting just yesterday how difficult we found it to beat the likes of Bahrain , Jordan, Kuwait....

Just to ask my own questions:

1) You don't consider making history and qualifying to two consecutive world cups for the first time a success for "IR IRAN"? For Iran, a team which gets last minute friendlies cancelled by Kosovo, has one of the worst political environments, no good player agents to get decent deals for our clubs, not even shoes from nike etc..., to get 4 points against a team tipped to make many upsets and who were the better playing team in all three of their matches (morocco), the european champions and the penultimate world cup champions?

2) If we qualify to WC 2022, you don't consider three consecutive world cup appearances already a success for this team?

We are not Japan or Korea who have infinite levels of infrastructure and political stability more than us. I just don't think you are being pragmatic or realistic enough here bro

Last edited:
A8K I really don't get why are you so much against CQ system if it works and has worked very well and in terms of progress each game and each year it has become more efficient and stronger. Think about it with the last game Iran played they almost topped the group of death and went into the second round. Plus they did achieve their best results in history in a WC playing some very tough opponents. This is quite an achievement by itself along many other things which he has made better for Iran and Iranian players. Don't think for one second that if a coach changes all of a sudden the same defensive machine will continue and all of a sudden Iran starts scoring. In football you have to give something to get something and then discipline which is built here and mainly focused on defense will start to get scored on if it does become more offensive in the next WC. In the Asian Cup I do agree we should play a bit more offensive but not too much. Just similar to the WC qualifiers where we were very efficient at every step. A same method should be implemented and I am almost certain CQ will follow this criteria as it fits with his thinking style and philosophy of the game.
I know this was meant for A8K but I'd like to butt in and also drop a few lines. For those who may resent him is not solely his way of coaching, it's somewhat the state of being biased by some people. there is nothing wrong to like someone whether be a coach or a player but the madness begins when you begin to idolize and talk blindly. to me, that's insanity and irritating.

For example; kasra and his Hejazi story. I know kasra for the longest time and respect his view on Iranian football form now and then. the guy has a memory of Windows 10, but his obsession with Hejazi made me kinda dislike the guy ( Roohesh Shad). every day and night Hejazi this Hejazi that, Hejazi that Hejazi this.

next thing you know Hejazi is standing above Yashin, Gordon Banks and Zoff. or in my early teenage years, I was not a fan but liked to follow Fiorentina among all another Italian team, that was the time the likes of Gentile, Passarella or maybe even Baggio ( If I remember correctly ) were in the team. at the same time or maybe a bit later I met this guy who was a big fan of Roma and for fuck sake the guy made me fall off with Italian football in less than a few months.

Italian this, Italian that which up until today I don't even want to remember his face, lol . and just to let you know later on I met some other fans of Serie A and they all carry the same weight, anyways back to our own topic, the same story happened and happening about CQ , the OG was all because of CQ tactic , even CQ knew who would score the OG, he had studied from what angle an OG would be more possible. I know, you might laugh but it's true it was all over the Social Media. these things are kose sher ( excuse my french) CQ would leave Iran tomorrow morning, should he get a better contract in a better environment and he has all the right to do so, the thing is that in Iran he is not under pressure.to win something. When he sees people dancing on the streets after a narrow loss then why would he leave Iran for? BTW you know he was the best fifth or sixth paid coach in the WC.

some comments about CQ are so annoying that you just want to close your eyes and oppose no matter what

Jusy my 2 cents

Last edited:

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
^ THx bro, but I was being a bit humorous as mentioned saying you can't get prompted 3 years in a row by defending (not italian style but quiroz style)..
Go Quiroz!

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I just happened to click on this thread and realize it's full of recent "discussions". I didn't think it would continue after the WC. Can I be part of the fight? lol :D

Seriously though, I think both sides have a point. Parking the bus is NOT what you want TM to be known for and at the same time you don't wanna lose the only man who's been able to fight and stand up to Iran's football mafia, IFF and the whole Iranian government. If you think another coach would be able to do the same, you are just being naive.

I think the only problem is that our people tend to get extreme on any side they're on. I remember when Branko was the head coach, people were rightly demanding about different issues. Why do you invite this player and not that player? Why is Ali Daei still playing? Why are you so gutless? and the dissatisfaction got so high that even to this date, some people hate his guts and in many cases they don't even know why.

Instead now, CQ has become such a god that what ever he does, there is no question of them being correct for many people. Instead of saying he made a mistake here and there, people say everything is perfect. He knows the best.

I think everything would get solves if we keep CQ but only start demanding from him. Like, we want TM to play f*cking attractive football!!! Why don't we play at least a bit more offensively when we have so many good attacking players?! If we keep demanding him so he changes his ways (without getting it over the top like with Branko), I think everyone would be happy. But all in all it would be a huge mistake to get rid of him.

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
دفاع تمام قد مجید جلالی بزرگترين منتقد کارلوس کيروش از عملکرد کيروش و تیم ملی ایران در جام
جهاني

آقایونی که به دفاع اتوبوسی ایراد میگیرند گوش دهند.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
دفاع تمام قد مجید جلالی بزرگترين منتقد کارلوس کيروش از عملکرد کيروش و تیم ملی ایران در جام
جهاني

آقایونی که به دفاع اتوبوسی ایراد میگیرند گوش دهند.
I do agree that CQ's best attribute is his way of managing the mentality of the players. but does Croatia have Spain's league and stadiums? Just food for thought.

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
I do agree that CQ's best attribute is his way of managing the mentality of the players. but does Croatia have Spain's league and stadiums? Just food for thought.
ای بابا،بابا گوز به شقیقه چه ربطی‌ داره.اسلای جان مدریچ ،راکیتیچ،مهاجمان یوونتوس،را با کی‌ مقایسه میکنی‌ آخه؟آخه این چه طرز مقایسه است؟

این تیم از جام جهانی‌ ۱۹۳۰ در جام جهانی‌ حضور داشته،(با نام یوگسلاوی).یکی‌ از کهنه کارترین فوتبال‌های جهان را دارد.رایکف از این کشور اومد.دو بازیکن به نام برزوویچ،و پریشیچ در اینترمیلان بازی میکنند،مندززوکویچ در یوونتوس،سویچیچ در موناکو،کوواچیچ در ریال مادرید،راکیتیچ در بارسلون،لاورن در ساوت همپتن انگلیس،.

ایویچ یکی‌ از بزرگترین مربیان تاریخ از این کشور اومده،.کشوری است که سرمایه گذاری در فوتبال از سال ۱۹۲۶ کرده،فوتبالیست بیرون داده.

هر دلار آمریکا ۵.۵ برابر واحد پول کرواسیا هست،نه ۱۲۰۰ برابر واحد پول ما.۴ میلیون جمعییت دارد نه مثل ما ۸۰ میلیون گوساله را در یک جا ریختند تا بچرند.

درست است فقیر است ولی‌ سرمایه گذاری زیادی در بخش فوتبال کرده ا‌ند.ما چی‌؟یک مشت دزد رانت خور باج خور.

Nov 29, 2002
Instead now, CQ has become such a god that what ever he does, there is no question of them being correct for many people. Instead of saying he made a mistake here and there, people say everything is perfect. He knows the best.
Not really in this forum though, where we have almost the opposite side of the spectrum.

Even people who appreciate him such as myself had many criticisms: about why he didn't pick seyed jalal, why he took shojaei, why not play ghoddos, why not milad starting....

I don't think there is a single member of this forum here who thinks he is a god.

He has made in my view a number of mistakes. But if you look at the bigger picture, that is where he has been successful - in changing the mentality and approach of TM. I think this is a huge success, what do you think?

Last edited:

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Yugoslavia didn't only invested in football but many other sport such as basketball. It is pitty how the war ripped that country apart.

Asian Cup - If he doesn't make final but Iran play disciplined and with a unit which was similar to the world cup, that is OK for me for him staying because I don't want the project to be stopped half way and I don't think it would be healthy for TM's long-term performance.

WC 2022 - if we don't get to round of 16 it may be time to replace him IF the way the team plays hasn't moved forward from this world cup in the same way that this world cup we had moved forward from 2014.

Remember, this was the first time we even qualified to two consecutive world cups, we are forgetting just yesterday how difficult we found it to beat the likes of Bahrain , Jordan, Kuwait....

Just to ask my own questions:

1) You don't consider making history and qualifying to two consecutive world cups for the first time a success for "IR IRAN"? For Iran, a team which gets last minute friendlies cancelled by Kosovo, has one of the worst political environments, no good player agents to get decent deals for our clubs, not even shoes from nike etc..., to get 4 points against a team tipped to make many upsets and who were the better playing team in all three of their matches (morocco), the european champions and the penultimate world cup champions?

2) If we qualify to WC 2022, you don't consider three consecutive world cup appearances already a success for this team?

We are not Japan or Korea who have infinite levels of infrastructure and political stability more than us. I just don't think you are being pragmatic or realistic enough here bro
Very interesting, I guess as of now we're the only nation in the world whos happy with only playing disciplined football and do not care about winning.

long project. 7 years down and ... to go.

Nov 29, 2002
Very interesting, I guess as of now we're the only nation in the world whos happy with only playing disciplined football and do not care about winning.

long project. 7 years down and ... to go.
Yes, very interesting...

Fariborz jAn, when I go to all the last few world cups and cry at Iran v Angola, Iran v Bosnia, Iran v Portugal, I am just doing it for my own masochistic entertainment.

Maybe you should ask some of the other proud iranians on this forum how they feel about winning and losing and screaming their lungs out for 300 minutes every few years. As you said to me last year, I'm "not half the iranian" that xxx is, so perhaps I don't represent most iranians as a British-born.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Yes, very interesting...

Fariborz jAn, when I go to all the last few world cups and cry at Iran v Angola, Iran v Bosnia, Iran v Portugal, I am just doing it for my own masochistic entertainment.

Maybe you should ask some of the other proud iranians on this forum how they feel about winning and losing and screaming their lungs out for 300 minutes every few years. As you said to me last year, I'm "not half the iranian" that xxx is, so perhaps I don't represent most iranians as a British-born.
Your cry actually made me cry. I found out later here that was you that was crying on TV. I had never been that nervous and screamed so much and sweat so much in a football game in my life.

Nov 29, 2002
Your cry actually made me cry. I found out later here that was you that was crying on TV. I had never been that nervous and screamed so much and sweat so much in a football game in my life.
I wasn't that emotional but I saw this kid next to me who was crying and he had travelled from Iran with his father. I couldn't take it and just burst out. Also it was very hot and I was dehydrated which didn't help.

But I even cried watching Mamma Mia 2 over the weekend so I'm a bit of a wet.

Funny because when I play football I am the aggressive defensive midfielder who kicks everyone

Yes, very interesting...

I never doubted your passion for Iran and our football and I read your stuff regularly but I guess you're referring to when I was tagged of being against Iran football. I grew up following Takht-Jamshid cup when We had Saad Abad, Darai, Ekbatan, Bargh, Bank Melli and Shahin. I had to stay up all night to record and copy 1996 Asian cup and WC 98 qualifying and give it to people on VHS. I stopped following at some point for some reasons.
Problem is, we think ( in general ) that because I watch a few Iran matches then no one knows or understands better than me and because I like CQ everyone else should follow me. again I hate being Biased and never been a fan of this kind of people. I don't even waste my time replying to a few dimwits on our forum because of that.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I wasn't that emotional but I saw this kid next to me who was crying and he had travelled from Iran with his father. I couldn't take it and just burst out. Also it was very hot and I was dehydrated which didn't help.

But I even cried watching Mamma Mia 2 over the weekend so I'm a bit of a wet.

Funny because when I play football I am the aggressive defensive midfielder who kicks everyone
There is a song about people like you ….it goes :

Ghalbeto ghalbeh parandeh………. poostet amma poosteh sheer !

Zendooneh tanno rahaa kon …..ey parandeh par begeer ………..:cool: