Che mikoneh in IMAN MOBALI

Nov 24, 2002
I was watching the highlight of foolad and sepahan .... mobali was just imazing , assisted foolad goal , 3 bar be tire darvazeh zad va chandin o chan bar shoot az rahe dor ...

begole ferdosipor che mikone in mobali

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
He sent a big bilAkh to the tabloids who had reported him losing interest
in football, not being motivated, etc, etc ... I wish I had seen the whole
game, but judging from the highlights, this was not Foolad vs Sepahan.
It was Iman vs. Sepahan. The kid was amazing. He hit the post twice
on right-footed freekicks, one more time on a left-footed cracker on the
run, and assisted the only goal on yet another freekick. It's a real shame
Iman hasn't played in our most recent qualfiers. Say what you will about
Mayeli, but he was spot on when he said that if you watch Iran's game
tapes, you can see that everytime Iman has entered a game, he has
greatly changed the tempo and run of the play to our advantage.

Dec 12, 2002
usa
that has proved the fact that Brancko is not a coach .just another eastern european geda goshne who ar all over the persian gulf countries to make some decent money ,something they have never dream about it .
just another khale bandi act by croat puppet .

Oct 19, 2002
eshghi said:
Say what you will about
Mayeli, but he was spot on when he said that if you watch Iran's game
tapes, you can see that everytime Iman has entered a game, he has
greatly changed the tempo and run of the play to our advantage.
That is not correct, Mobali has had ups and downs in TM when he has been playing and in some games he easily dissapears for long periods, go back and watch the games and you will see...

Branko aint stupid to not play him if he his that awesome in TM as Mayeli was saying ;)

But what he did to Sepahan was amazing :eek:

Agha Sepehr

Bench Warmer
Jan 23, 2005
Rome
I have to disagree which TM games are you talking about?? Mobali is a playmaker a unique talent he has much more abilties than for instance Navidkia, Branko prefers Navidkia to Mobali, He rather subs an out of shape Nikbath instead of Mobali who also can play at the left side because as you may know he is two footed, and as i know he shoots with is left better than any player in TM same goes for his right foot, he has amazing shoot, technique, passing and he can control the pace of the game as he is a true playmaker!
But Mobali lets his feet do the talking i dont know if some of you watch IPL but he plays outstanding every match, when he came out of the army Foulad began to play much better. Mobali is a player who can make a team play better. As Maheli Kohan said Mobali wa 50% of his team.

Branko is a coach with politics he just does not care that Mobali is growing and is now much better than Karimi,Navidkia,Nikbath. He has certain players he always plays no matter what shape their in.That to me is an amateur coach which lets face it Branko is, at best an semi pro coach.
He should put his confidence in Mobali but he does not he is ignoring a young outstanding player.
Comparing Mobali with Karimi is not right because Mobali is a playmaker and more allround and Karimi is not an playmaker. A good coach will find a place for an inform Karimi and Mobali to start.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
Iman has to play alongside Nekounam...

the guy is a phenomenon. say whatever you want...there are few Iranian players with such a vision, and that shooting skills.

Everytime I see guys like Alavi or Nikbakht play and Iman not even on the bench my heart cries....it's a shame!

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Agha Sepehr said:
and as i know he shoots with is left better than any player in TM
Moba'li is a great player but after Zandi, Karimi is our best left footed player in all aspects (shooting, passing, long ball, dribbling, everything)!

MohammadLin

Bench Warmer
Aug 9, 2004
> As Maheli Kohan said Mobali wa 50% of his team.

A TEAM(?) which one of its player is 50% of the TEAM(!) is not a TEAM anymore! Or that coach who makes it so, does not know the very basics of the soccer.

Mobali is a very good player, I like him, but he is different from Navidkia, Karimi. These players have different skills, you can't easily compare them. I am sure his time to play will come soon. It is all part of the long term plan ;)))

Agha Sepehr

Bench Warmer
Jan 23, 2005
Rome
I beg the differ, apart from the dribbles, Mobali shooting left and right is much better than Karimi as i rate karimi shooting nowhere near as Mobali shootings capacity, same goes for the passing be it long or short Karimi is now where near Mobali in those terms except for the drible but how many players in the world can drible like Karimi very few.
obviously you dont watch Mobali play with his club foulad. well Zandi is a left footed player, Mobali is both and again with is left he shoots as well as with his right foot, and i have seen Zandi take free kicks and also he is nowhere near Mobali in terms of shooting.
No player in TM has Mobali shooting tecnique.

Jan 23, 2003
Agha Sepehr said:
I beg the differ, apart from the dribbles, Mobali shooting left and right is much better than Karimi as i rate karimi shooting nowhere near as Mobali shootings capacity, same goes for the passing be it long or short Karimi is now where near Mobali in those terms except for the drible but how many players in the world can drible like Karimi very few.
obviously you dont watch Mobali play with his club foulad. well Zandi is a left footed player, Mobali is both and again with is left he shoots as well as with his right foot, and i have seen Zandi take free kicks and also he is nowhere near Mobali in terms of shooting.
No player in TM has Mobali shooting tecnique.
Agree 100%, Mobali is a phenomenon but its very hard to fit him in. Coz Karimi and Zandi in particular contribute alot defensively.I guess this is how I would fit Iman in TM:

4-3-2-1:

-------------Mirza------------
Kaabi---Yahya---Rezaei-----Zareh
---Mahdavikia--Nekunam---Zandi--
-------Karimi---Mobali------
---------Hashemian--------------

3-4-2-1

------------Mirza-------------
-----Nosrati--Yahya---Rezaei---
--Kia--Nekunam--Zandi----Nikbakht
--------Karimi----Mobali-----
----------Hashemian--------

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Agha Sepehr jan are you kidding me? I dare to say Karimi chalanges Mahdavikia is passing (short pass and long ball) in TM! The difference is that Mahdavikia has a sensitive right foot while Karimi can use both his feet equally too!!

Why people always only wait for Karimi to dribble? Why don't you see his other qualities?

Moba'li is a great player, very technical and I have seen him passing, giving long balls and even taking free kicks. But have you ever seen Karimi taking free kicks with any foot?

Oct 19, 2002
Dont worry guys, If Iman continues to play like this, and Zandi and NavidKia eeps warming FCK and VFL benches, Mobali will start over both...

...hopefully..

peyz

Bench Warmer
Oct 11, 2004
I find it funny when I see ppl compare karimi to mobaali.

aghayoon, all karimi has going for him is dribbling.
if you remove 2 weeks of karimi's career ( AC2004 ) , you'd see :
1-he cant shoot for nuts.... cretianly not quarter as well as mobaali.
2- he cant head to save his life.
3- he is selfish and plays an individualistic game, as compared to mobaali's game which is in service of the team.
4- passing, karimi is not half as good as mobaali ( although in passing, navidkia is the absolute KING )
5- playmaking, karimi is not mobaali's little toes.
6- freekicks? lets not embarass karimi anymore, huh? :)

now, add the following to karimi:
his bad form lately
his lack of stamina
his lack of motivation to progress
his indifferent ( totally devoid of passion ) attitude

and what do you get?

mobaali runs faster, harder , and is always a TEAM player.
he is greatly motivated and energetic.

still you want to compare him with mobaali ? :)

---------------------

and the reason I said exclude 2 weeks of karimi's career is becoz he performed quite UNLIKE his regular game, ... rather UN-karimi like!
he ran hard
he helped in defesne
he headed well
he passed more than dribble.

as I said, quite an UN-karimi kind of style.

but neither BEFORE AC2004, nor after it, have we seen anything resembling that from from him.....ever.

Oct 18, 2002
704 Houser
peyz said:
I find it funny when I see ppl compare karimi to mobaali.

aghayoon, all karimi has going for him is dribbling.
if you remove 2 weeks of karimi's career ( AC2004 ) , you'd see :
1-he cant shoot for nuts.... cretianly not quarter as well as mobaali.
2- he cant head to save his life.
3- he is selfish and plays an individualistic game, as compared to mobaali's game which is in service of the team.
4- passing, karimi is not half as good as mobaali ( although in passing, navidkia is the absolute KING )
5- playmaking, karimi is not mobaali's little toes.
6- freekicks? lets not embarass karimi anymore, huh? :)
There is so much wrong with this that I would not respond to it if it didn't make me so furious. First of all why would you remove the 2 weeks in AC? If you remove 6 weeks of Daei's career which we should since he's played 3 times as long as Karimi you are not left with much either. 93 wc qualifiers, 96 ac and 2001 wcq remove all the games he was involved in during that period and then evaluate him. Is that fair, cuz frankly if you remove those games there were not that many times when Daei did anything exceptional.

So that's the first thing to consider. 2ndly when you are talking about someone of Karimi's caliber and talent you don't question if he's capable of passing, shooting and what not. He's more than capable of doing all of that. I've seen karimi take freekicks and make shots that the best shooters in the world can't. The fact of the matter of is karimi is capable of doing anything at any given moment and that's just cuz he's so much more talented than the rest of players. I honestly believe that if Daei wasn't so selfish to take every single freekick in TM and had let karimi shoot some of them he would have scored many of them. I have seen Karimi when he was in Iran score freekicks and he has an excellent technique to make those. As far as he heading abilities you know what you said is pure BS. He's scored with many headers in UAE, Azadegan league and TM. But the most important point about Karimi is his ability to produce something out of nothing, when in looks like there is no way back in a game or what have you. In Iran Japan game it looked like except hashemian the whole team was literally out of it, until Karimi assisted that goal.

And you can't come here and say that karimi can't pass when the last goal TM has scored was based on a Karimi run and assist. Putting aside Karimi in favore of Mobali is the equivalent of playing Albertini for Ronaldinho in Barca. You would have to be pretty darn stupid to do that.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Farsi Zaban said:
There is so much wrong with this that I would not respond to it if it didn't make me so furious. First of all why would you remove the 2 weeks in AC? If you remove 6 weeks of Daei's career which we should since he's played 3 times as long as Karimi you are not left with much either. 93 wc qualifiers, 96 ac and 2001 wcq remove all the games he was involved in during that period and then evaluate him. Is that fair, cuz frankly if you remove those games there were not that many times when Daei did anything exceptional.

So that's the first thing to consider. 2ndly when you are talking about someone of Karimi's caliber and talent you don't question if he's capable of passing, shooting and what not. He's more than capable of doing all of that. I've seen karimi take freekicks and make shots that the best shooters in the world can't. The fact of the matter of is karimi is capable of doing anything at any given moment and that's just cuz he's so much more talented than the rest of players. I honestly believe that if Daei wasn't so selfish to take every single freekick in TM and had let karimi shoot some of them he would have scored many of them. I have seen Karimi when he was in Iran score freekicks and he has an excellent technique to make those. As far as he heading abilities you know what you said is pure BS. He's scored with many headers in UAE, Azadegan league and TM. But the most important point about Karimi is his ability to produce something out of nothing, when in looks like there is no way back in a game or what have you. In Iran Japan game it looked like except hashemian the whole team was literally out of it, until Karimi assisted that goal.

And you can't come here and say that karimi can't pass when the last goal TM has scored was based on a Karimi run and assist. Putting aside Karimi in favore of Mobali is the equivalent of playing Albertini for Ronaldinho in Barca. You would have to be pretty darn stupid to do that.
Thank you Farsi Zaban jan for a well thought post!
I thought I was the only one in this site who didn't "ONLY" see Karimi's dribblings.

His dribblings are so entertaining so most people have only that in mind when they see him and ignore his other qualities.

Ps. nice that somebody else has seen his freekicks, header, shots, etc. :)

perspolis ny

Bench Warmer
Mar 4, 2005
GUys,
Karimi and Mobali are both great. While Karimi is known for his dribbling, he
certainly can make plays and shoot rightie and leftie. Mobali is a more long
range player and ball controller. They are both needed at times depending
on who your opponent is. Perhaps Bronco is saving mobali for the world cup.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
Farsi Zaban said:

what a beautiful post...

I loved every single line of it....just awesome!!!

FAN-TAS-TIC!!!! as masoud would have said..

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
beautiful post by Farsi Zaban.very well said..
I wonder why we always suggest Mobali(or any other bench warmer) to replace our best players?! its like asking for Enayati or Borhani to replace Hashemian instead of breathless Daei!

As it was suggested here, Mobali can well be replaced instead of Nikbakht,just abit infront of Nekounam with Zandi helping us more as a defensive midfield.

with having likes of Mobali and Zandi in the left side, I get so pissed off when Branco insists on using Nikbakht in every game..