Congratulations to President-elect Obama

Aug 26, 2005
I bet every one of them thinks Obama will do what they want. There is gonna be lots of disappointments around the world. After the dust settles down he is the President of the United States and that is where his obligations lie.
I agree and will add further that it's curious to see Americans think America's problems only occurred in the last 8 years. That people in other countries only started hating them in the last 8 years. America's policies, foreign and domestic, have caused tensions to build up over decades. True, Bush made it much worse and made the policy decisions that exacerbated this even more. I don't think they realise that Obama is not going to bring this massive shift in change. Especially the middle-east that has been going loggerheads with the US for ages. The naivest thing a lot of middle-eastern people did was assume that he's different - almost disregarding that Obama made his declarations clear at AIPAC.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
Yeah sure....all Europeans believe that Obama will be a 5th column and actually have Europe's interests in mind and not that of the US.

And of course...with a name like Barack Hussein Obama it's a great idea to upset jews even before you are elected.

Some people talk so much about practice that these pretzels are making me thirsty.

Aug 26, 2005
Yeah sure....all Europeans believe that Obama will be a 5th column and actually have Europe's interests in mind and not that of the US.

And of course...with a name like Barack Hussein Obama it's a great idea to upset jews even before you are elected.

Some people talk so much about practice that these pretzels are making me thirsty.
LOL, you practice and like pretzels too, what a coincidence.

Pray tell, why else would middle-easterners care that Obama was elected? I mean, you yourself said people from all over supported him. Why did they do that then?

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
LOL, you practice and like pretzels too, what a coincidence.
No...I don't like practice..or at least I don't like to talk about practice.
You confuse practice with the game.
Practice is when AI doesn't turn up..
Game is when AI drops 55 after being out all night and having pancakes at 8 o'clock in the morning.

And pretzels make me thirsty....

Why middle easterners voted for Obama? I don't know...maybe because he dined with the late Edward Said and Khalidi?

http://jta.org/news/article/2008/11/04/1000685/race-ends-with-gop-slamming-obama-on-israel
http://www.campus-watch.org/article/id/4821
http://baarswestside.blogspot.com/2007/03/barack-obama-and-edward-siad-chicago.html

It's really funny....conservatives accuse him of being pro palestinian, here people accuse him of being a jew lover. You see..this is what I mean when I say you're talking about practice. :D

Aug 26, 2005
And pretzels make me thirsty....
Alright, drink some doogh.

Why middle easterners voted for Obama? I don't know...maybe because he dined with the late Edward Said and Khalidi?

http://jta.org/news/article/2008/11/04/1000685/race-ends-with-gop-slamming-obama-on-israel
http://www.campus-watch.org/article/id/4821
http://baarswestside.blogspot.com/2007/03/barack-obama-and-edward-siad-chicago.html

It's really funny....conservatives accuse him of being pro palestinian, here people accuse him of being a jew lover. You see..this is what I mean when I say you're talking about practice. :D
How is it funny? Conservatives themselves make it a point to support the Isreali cause. Why would they attack that aspect of Obama's campaign when it is something they run on, blatantly, themselves? In their eyes it would be akin to saying: "look, that guy is so smart". It would be a compliment.

The truth is, as we all know from his speeches (which curiously don't seem to apply here ;)) he supports lobbyists AIPAC, who in turn support Isreal, and which is the same country Obama has revealed his vested interest in.

And then, yet, you come here saying in 98 he met Said and somehow he is sympathetic to their cause? LOL you know what is REALLY funny? That the link you sourced is about how Obama flip-flops. That Ali Abunimah gives an example where he promised to talk about the Palestinian but didn't and said: "Hey, I'm sorry I haven't said more about Palestine right now, but we are in a tough primary race. I'm hoping when things calm down I can be more up front." I hope you know what that means...

Of course, the blogger here is right to insinuate that Obama flip-flopped. Met with Said in 98 and kissed AIPAC's ass just recently.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cOJNC2EuJw"]YouTube - Barack Obama at AIPAC[/ame]

Or that you think because Khalidi held a fundraiser for Obama that means he really is sympathetic.

"During documented speeches and public events, Khalidi has called Israel an "apartheid system in creation" and a destructive "racist" state."

Oh, I'm surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre he is sympathetic to their/Khalidi's cause. Wait, let me watch that video again...or read a transcript:

Obama said:
But if anyone has been confused by these e-mails, I want you to know that today I'll be speaking from my heart, and as a true friend of Israel. And I know that when I visit with AIPAC, I am among friends. Good friends. Friends who share my strong commitment to make sure that the bond between the United States and Israel is unbreakable today, tomorrow and forever.
The question is how to move forward. There are those who would continue and intensify this failed status quo, ignoring eight years of accumulated evidence that our foreign policy is dangerously flawed. And then there are those who would lay all of the problems of the Middle East at the doorstep of Israel and its supporters, as if the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is the root of all trouble in the region. These voices blame the Middle East's only democracy for the region's extremism. They offer the false promise that abandoning a stalwart ally is somehow the path to strength. It is not, it never has been, and it never will be.

Our alliance is based on shared interests and shared values. Those who threaten Israel threaten us. Israel has always faced these threats on the front lines. And I will bring to the White House an unshakeable commitment to Israel's security.
And this is my original gripe with this fantasist idea that Obama is going to change something he has not said he'd change and has been apart of US policy making for decades. But if Khalidi believes it why not you right? :rolleyes:

No...I don't like practice..or at least I don't like to talk about practice.
You confuse practice with the game.
Practice is when AI doesn't turn up..
Game is when AI drops 55 after being out all night and having pancakes at 8 o'clock in the morning.
You should practice though, otherwise you just get sloppy.

Man I need to take a nap...I'm tired...day and night's mixed up...which reminds me...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K43G4KcqYu0"]YouTube - Jim Jones Day and Night (remix)[/ame]

Last edited:

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
see..you are still talking about practice. Obama goes to AIPAC and dines with Khalidi, who is called a terrorist by people from AIPAC. That makes him AI and you the reporter who believes he can make his teammates better through practice.
You don't get it..it's simple as that.

You don't get what practice is about, you don't understand why pretzels make people thirsty...it's absolutely a pointless discussion as usual.

Or that you think because Khalidi held a fundraiser for Obama that means he really is sympathetic.
That makes a great signature...

No..he despises Obama, that's why he pours money in his pockets.

Aug 26, 2005
see..you are still talking about practice. Obama goes to AIPAC and dines with Khalidi, who is called a terrorist by people from AIPAC. That makes him AI and you the reporter who believes he can make his teammates better through practice.
You don't get it..it's simple as that.

You don't get what practice is about, you don't understand why pretzels make people thirsty...it's absolutely a pointless discussion as usual.
LOL, I do get it. At the least he is two-faced and at worst he follows Isreali interests.

Goes to dine with Khalidi...so? Do you think if Obama had made that speech before meeting with Khalidi that Khalidi would have thought the same about Obama?

If anything, practice is having dinner with Khalidi and the game is AIPAC.

I thought maybe you just didn't know. Now you are making excuses for homeboy. This fervency is making me thirstyyyyyy.

That makes a great signature...

No..he despises Obama, that's why he pours money in his pockets.
Wait, let me pull out my favourite quote from AIPAC:

"Our alliance is based on shared interests and shared values. Those who threaten Israel threaten us. Israel has always faced these threats on the front lines. And I will bring to the White House an unshakeable commitment to Israel's security."

He's REALLY in cahoots with Khalidi there isn't here? Speaking of signatures; take a gander at my signature.

The lonely loner seems to free his mind at night...eh eh eh night...

Bro, the last thing I would have EVER thought I'd see you do is act as apologist for somebody. It's beneath you.

Aug 26, 2005
P.S. from the link that you gave:

Asked about Obama’s reactions to the speakers at the party, a campaign spokesman reiterated that the Democratic nominee does not agree with Khalidi about Israel or the Middle East.

“This is just another recycled, manufactured controversy from the McCain campaign to distract voters’ attention from John McCain’s lock-step support for George Bush’s economic policies,” said the Obama spokesman, Ben LeBolt. “Barack Obama has been clear and consistent on his support for Israel, and has been clear that Rashid Khalidi is not an adviser to him or his campaign and that he does not share Khalidi’s views.”

"To pluck out one person who I know and who I’ve had a conversation with who has very different views than 900 of my friends, and then to suggest that somehow that shows that maybe I’m not sufficiently pro-Israel, I think is a very problematic stand to take," he said. "So we got to be careful about guilt by association.”

You sure you've read this? So, again, tell us why the Arabs have faith in him? Because he met Khalidi? :)

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
What does it take for people to understand that for anyone to become president in the US and to maintain that office afterwards, he/she has to suck up to Israel and the jewish lobby?
It's a simple fact of life at this moment in time.

Aug 26, 2005
What does it take for people to understand that for anyone to become president in the US and to maintain that office afterwards, he/she has to suck up to Israel and the jewish lobby?
To add to your point: they have to sell themselves out many times over to others as well.

But don't say that...people's pretzels will start making them thirsty.

RoozbehAzadi

National Team Player
Nov 19, 2002
I'm still on a high from what happened!!! :D

I simply couldn't believe Barack did it, I kept worrying about the Bradley Effect or that Bush would magically capture Osama on December 3, lol. You have to say, McCain was amazing in his concession speech, probably the best speech he's made in the last 2 years. If the Republicans were more like him in 2000 and less like Dick Cheney, they'd probably be doing better.

But Barack really did it, and finally there's a lot of hope in the air. It seems as if an air of depression has been lifted and everything is possible again. :--boos:

By the way, Westi, it seems the Economist was right. America is becoming more and more like California as each year goes by. :smile:

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
This election and events with the nuclear standoff with Iran has convinced me that the Jewish lobby is not functional any more. Jew in the US vote Democrat, period. They are not beholden to Israel as some might think. They are born and raised here for generations and for many Israel is a distant land. Domestic policies trump what Israel wants or doesn't. AIPAC had sway with the Democrats because of their fund raising prowess. But now that likes of Soros and moveon.org are in the game the party is raising all the money it needs. They don't need AIPAC. US will still back Israel, but not because AIPAC want her to. Same with Iran. There was a time that the slightest slip of the tongue would send the entire Wiesenthal Center to your door. Now, we have a head of a state that openly calls for the elimination of Israel and next you know he is dining in New York City.

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
I'm still on a high from what happened!!! :D

I simply couldn't believe Barack did it, I kept worrying about the Bradley Effect or that Bush would magically capture Osama on December 3, lol. You have to say, McCain was amazing in his concession speech, probably the best speech he's made in the last 2 years. If the Republicans were more like him in 2000 and less like Dick Cheney, they'd probably be doing better.

But Barack really did it, and finally there's a lot of hope in the air. It seems as if an air of depression has been lifted and everything is possible again. :--boos:

By the way, Westi, it seems the Economist was right. America is becoming more and more like California as each year goes by. :smile:
Did you read the article by Friedmann about the Buffet effect? Don't believe it really..but would be brilliant if true.

Quick question....I'm wondering if Iverson missed practice that one time because he was eating pretzels.

Apologies, back to repetitive discussion......exclusively driven by conspiracies.
Hahahahaa...

Aug 26, 2005
Quick question....I'm wondering if Iverson missed practice that one time because he was eating pretzels.

Apologies, back to repetitive discussion......exclusively driven by conspiracies.
I think he was at the AIPAC meeting sitting next to Khalidi. Rumour has it Said taught AI his crossover. Obama was eating pretzels of course. LOL

RoozbehAzadi

National Team Player
Nov 19, 2002
Did you read the article by Friedmann about the Buffet effect? Don't believe it really..but would be brilliant if true.
Yeah dude. I was also gonna tell you about Krugman's article about Republicans becoming more extreme to the right that he wrote before the election. It seems as if they're going to follow the lead of the Tories in the UK and have such unattractive candidates that they'll be on the sidelines for a long while. The talk is that either Palin or Bobby Jindal would be the next nominee. Jindal is actually more intelligent than Mrs.I-can-see-Russia, but his views are way too extreme, even more than Bush. The Tories also thought that somebody younger would be better so they chose William Hague at first and then Ian Duncan Smith later, both of whom Blair easily defeated.
And unlike the UK, there's a changing demographic here with hispanics who are traditionally more liberal. It'd be nice if Obama chooses a younger guy for his VP for re-election. Unless the Republicans go Arnold or choose someone like Tom Ridge, they're gonna be in the wilderness for a long while.

Jun 7, 2004
I bet every one of them thinks Obama will do what they want. There is gonna be lots of disappointments around the world. After the dust settles down he is the President of the United States and that is where his obligations lie.
Although this is a particularly pessimistic thing to say at this point, I agree more or less. If the situation is a bit fantastic in the US it is that much more so internationally.

I think that Obama impersonates the aggregate of humanity in his election as the US president after Bush, in his life story, in the way he talks, and in the way he looks. In fact if one morphed the faces of all the people in the world it is quite likely that it will come out to be something like Obama. It is like a Hollywood script.

That aside, I think it has much to do with who he is taking over from. It makes it that much a greater celebration that the reign of one of the most hated characters in the world in Bush-Cheney administartion is coming to an end and so people project the opposite of what they saw from Bush-Cheney, wars, lies, torture, disrespect, lack of reason, onto the President of the most powerful country in the world and it helps that he looks the part.