Crisis....what crisis..?

Mar 2, 2003
Well, if a lot of people who did not vote the first time around, vote this time, Rafsanjani will have a good chance to win. Otherwise, he is actually trailing with Ahmadinejad having produced the same kind of excitement that Khatami did -- except in his case, among the poorer and less privileged in our society.

I mention this because typically beysrtr gives a very good account of the mood and feeling in one part of town! A Rafsanjani victory is possible, but a major landslide seems rather out of the question.

Incidentally, as apparent in my other posts last night, I am no longer as concerned about Ahmadinejad as I was before, and in some ways, I would consider his presidency to be rather good for Iran. His presidency would reinvograte the government with fresh blood and some innovative ideas. It will also renew the connection the people feel to their government. Many will know that if a son of a blacksmith can become president, so can they.

Indeed, my main worry about Ahmadinejad winning is not about him personally so much, but rather arises from the concern that with power concentrated in the same groups through the system, there will naturally be a dimunition of the level of political dissent that will be tolerated. That is the one hurdle that his otherwise impressive interview last night did not remove from my mind.

May 2, 2003
Beyster,
Thanks for the thread. It's 5:10 AM. I just got back from a wedding which was held in a warehouse in Jade Makhsoose Karaj. There were no problems whatsoever. I am understandably kind of drunk. That's probably why I am writing this. I will vote for the first time in my life in Iran( I always vote in Canada) tommorow. Wether it's rigged or not, It is still moraly more beneficial to vote. I want to be able to go to a wedding party without it being crashed or be busted on the way home for drinking.
I travel back and forth from Canada every month (can you believe the jetlag? lol) and I see the difference in peoples' opinions. They are worlds apart. For the most part people outside Iran are sitting by the Goad saying lengesh kon.
I urge everyone who can vote to vote today and make the difference they are enabled to.
Either it's already decided who will win or it's not. Logically it makes sense to vote in case the vote will count.
Meyti joon,
Damet garm and you are entitled to your opinions but I think you kind of stepped over the line by insulting people who are going to vote.
Peace.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
kambujiyeh said:
Meyti jan,

I answer your question. I would not take shit on either of the people u pictured. Does that answer who i prefer? ;)

I would use the first one to wipe my ass with cause they are probably used to the smell, and the second ones to pat my ass cause they smell better :)

Thanks,

Javeed Iran
Best post of the day!

beystr

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
iran
its about 4pm tehran time.....it seems so far the turnout is not as big as last friday....I might be wrong..

Agree with Simply Ken's assessment as far as the lower midlle class vote is gonna go to AhmadiNejad and this actually could be a close vote.

and also agree with Eshghi's point about people now feeling the loss of Khatami could effect their everyday life. we shall see

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
Looks like Beyster joon has learned and has caught up as to how the Actual Voting Process Conducts at IRI! ;)

(Hey beyster joon you have 7 or more to go ;) lol I mean you posted/Voted 4 times already, the other guy has voted 11 times , come on you need to do a few more ...aakheh vaaseye bacheye Tehroon Oft daareh aziz ;)
)

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
beystr said:
its about 4pm tehran time.....it seems so far the turnout is not as big as last friday....I might be wrong..

Agree with Simply Ken's assessment as far as the lower midlle class vote is gonna go to AhmadiNejad and this actually could be a close vote.

and also agree with Eshghi's point about people now feeling the loss of Khatami could effect their everyday life. we shall see
Thanks, Can you keep up updated with any results, please.

beystr

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
iran
amoo Meyti ......Ha ya doin? Valla ...I checked couple of voting places and it seemed very slow, they keep extending the time..anyway u know they r gonna exagerate the numbers at the end.

Btw- I didn't get what u mean about voting 4 times..?

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
Beystr joon damet garm. BTW, I love the title of this thread. Supertramp rules for us older guys around. Those were the times, both in Iran and in Khareje.

Anyway, hame vel matalan. Vote for pest or cholera. What a wonderful democracy. Other countries need to learn a lesson or two from IR in conducting free elections.

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
Beyser joon, what I meant was that for some reason (may be a bad connection?) you posted the same thing 4 Times! (at least from where I am sitting it looks like it)?

Any way that was a joke...

beystr said:
I tell u its gonna be a huge turnout tomoro, I know of 5 older people in my family who never voted in their life and didn't give a damn about polotics,that are going to vote for Rafi joon tomoro. one big fear...taking away our satelite dishes..that's one of the major fears of this election.......quite amazing

beystr said:
I tell u its gonna be a huge turnout tomoro, I know of 5 older people in my family who never voted in their life and didn't give a damn about polotics,that are going to vote for Rafi joon tomoro. one big fear...taking away our satelite dishes..that's one of the major fears of this election.......quite amazing
beystr said:

beystr said:
;-)
BTW Beyster jaan, where is amou Masoud?
I remember a long time ago and one of his very first posts he (Masoud) Mentioned something about Rafsanjuni that did Not set well with the members here!

He said something about Rafi june being the real "reformist" and I agreed with him. Khatami acted like one but didnt have the power but this dude rafi has the power and can do what he wants.

MasoudA was right in my opinion.
But the whole thing is rotted to the core... if ppl show up that will be a big score for England (vs. USA) nothing to do with the Iranian ppl.. nothing!
not a damnnn thang!
We deserve Better, a hellof a lot better than this shi*!

Someone said I may have insulted those who vote! Well I never insult ppl personally (not unless they are known criminals) but I criticize their judgements and in aiding and embedding iri criminals who are Known british agents.

In fact Ahmaghi nejad has already told the media ppl "yek pedari azatoon dar biaram.. yak pedari azatoon dar miaram.."
meaning that the son of an ugly b**h already been given the position (by umm? I wonder??) and he knows he is gonna be the next mostaraah chi!

this whole damn thing stinks to high heaven..
khaak too sar-e engelis!

beystr

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
iran
Mercy Tajrish jon....what's up...ye khoosh oonn rooza....man , has there been anything close to the caliber of Supertramp in the past 20 yrs?

Meyti jon chakerim..Masoud in fact should be coming to Tehran pretty soon..so we will belt down afew for u.....I don't know why he isn't posting here anymore,..isn't he banned?

Oh...btw- I hardly wanted to post that once nevermind 4 times..Its Pars on line's fault....may be even BT's I know he likes my posts..but that much..?