Do we need a Leader?!

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
The leadership for the ongoing Iranian revolution is already in place and doing great. This leadership is not advertised for obvious reasons.

A couple of notes:

Reza Pahlavi - He is a hostage in Washington at the hands of those who murdered his father, brother and sister. While I like him and do believe he can be effective in playing the role of a Constitutional Monarch - asking him to lead the revolution is like asking a hostage to help us against his captors. He needs to be saved first.

Hamed Esmaeelion - He is a new creation by the globalists to steal or derail the revolution.

The way things stand right now - A military strike against a sensitive mullah center INSIDE IRAN will end IR in a few hours.

Zan Zendegi Azadi
Mard Mihan Abadi

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
😂😂 Masoud are you going to come out one of these days and reveal yourself as the chosen one?!!

I feel bad for Esmaeelion to be put in this situation and smeared like this. Poor guy has already gone through more than one deserves.

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
Somewhat related to this topic — so I can avoid starting a new thread — people need to start thinking what the endgame is or should be.

If people think this regime is gonna implode by a single or few attacks, like our friend here does, they are in for a rude awakening. There are significant differences between these times and 57 and between this regime and Shah’s.

1. Shah cared — some or a lot, doesn’t matter — about people and the country and his legacy. IR doesn’t.

2. They have a much wider and more engaged base of support than Shah did. Doesn’t help either that there is ideological elements to their support. And they are have also gained much experience in systemic and forceful suppression that Shah’s supporters never had.

3. These guys are all in. They have beaten and killed people. There is no going back for most.

4. There is no going anywhere for most. While Shah’s supporters could go live in Los Angeles, there is hardly any place on Earth that would let or welcome these folks. Their back is truly to the wall, and that makes for a dangerous situation.

5. As much as Mujahedin and Fadaiis turned out to be questionable or irrelevant groups, they constituted armed presence in 57 which we don’t have this time.

If this is gonna result in regime change — which I doubt it would in this round for reasons above — it will either take massive (in hundreds of thousands) casualty, or a change in tactics.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Esmailioon will fade out just like how Masih did. The Monarchists and Patriots were probably 80% of the participants in the Berlin rally but the speakers were the far left, separatists and LGBT groups. When asked why didn't the other major groups get an opportunity to speak he said they can have their own protests as if those people were there for him.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Esmailioon will fade out just like how Masih did. The Monarchists and Patriots were probably 80% of the participants in the Berlin rally but the speakers were the far left, separatists and LGBT groups. When asked why didn't the other major groups get an opportunity to speak he said they can have their own protests as if those people were there for him.
Sorry my friend, the monarchist have failed in unifying Iranians for 43 years. I actually like Reza Pahlavi since he seems like a decent caring person but as far as leadership and ability to unify people, sorry it is not in him. The difference between Ismaeilion and the guys sitting in DC is that, everyday he wakes up with the pain that can't be explained to me and you. So far he has been successful in two big occasions. This distracting stuff is what Islamaic republic wants. If people of Iran select Pahlavi for leadership in a fair election, I support that as well. Right now, the battle is for removal of the snake, which is not even close. The selection of leader is when we are close to the fall, under a democratic system.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
How did Masih "fade out" exactly with millions of followers on social media alone?

I don't know what you saw but the protests outside Iran do not belong to one specific group. The unifying message is quite clear, and that is IR must go. And waving a Kurdish flag doesn't make you a separatist. You can be part of Iran and have your own flag, language and self-governance.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
The age old question of a leader for change is what has kept IR in power for so long. It's a regime tactic to disappoint and frustrate any movement inside Iran.
It's unfortunate that people still think this is 1971 and a leader must exist for change. We all know what happened when we did have a leader. It always turns into a new dictator.

I think the 70s, 80s kids in Iran who are protesting now don't need a leader. That kind of mentality is part of the poosideh mentality that the famous song refers to.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
How did Masih "fade out" exactly with millions of followers on social media alone?

I don't know what you saw but the protests outside Iran do not belong to one specific group. The unifying message is quite clear, and that is IR must go. And waving a Kurdish flag doesn't make you a separatist. You can be part of Iran and have your own flag, language and self-governance.
It looks like you don't know Boochaani, one of the speakers. Masih went from "I'm leading this movement and attack the embassies" to being ignored at the DC rally and back to her old role. Like the kid on Iran International said Ravandi or Rivandi or whatever his name is has millions of followers too.

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
The leadership for the ongoing Iranian revolution is already in place and doing great. This leadership is not advertised for obvious reasons.

A couple of notes:

Reza Pahlavi - He is a hostage in Washington at the hands of those who murdered his father, brother and sister. While I like him and do believe he can be effective in playing the role of a Constitutional Monarch - asking him to lead the revolution is like asking a hostage to help us against his captors. He needs to be saved first.

Hamed Esmaeelion - He is a new creation by the globalists to steal or derail the revolution.

The way things stand right now - A military strike against a sensitive mullah center INSIDE IRAN will end IR in a few hours.

Zan Zendegi Azadi
Mard Mihan Abadi
HIs father died of cancer. Brother and sister died not murdered. Unless I am missing some insiders info.

This post is all over the place; I believe stars of the show will come out of students, activists who are putting the energy in the ongoing daily battle right now; as others pointed movements led by one ends up in dictatorships. I see RP as great advisory role, possibly temp leadership if demand is high enough.

For now a dent or hole in IRIs confrontation and stance is key so it can start crumpling, and masses are helping with that.Be assured rooftop protesters whose number grow by nite are fueling this fire just fine.

Another leader can not do a whole lot now that RP isn't doing.

Last edited:

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Good to see some of the old-timers here.
ISP forum is a great place to spread words in Iranian community where words of mouth travels in speeds higher than light!
I was fighting NIAC here what 20 years ago?! great to see where they are now.
Again - People in the streets of Iran have Leaders, Great Leaders both inside and outside Iran. They are not introduced because they should not be at this point.
Dear Khodam - No messiah here, just an old fart with good birds-eye view on the political spectrum. :devilish::cool::p;)
What they need is a military attack on one target inside Iran - its a move that will assure all the people inside Iran that IRI is no longer supported from outside. As soon as that happens you will see millions in the streets.

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
What they need is a military attack on one target inside Iran - its a move that will assure all the people inside Iran that IRI is no longer supported from outside. As soon as that happens you will see millions in the streets.
Unfortunately a move like that not only lets IRI to drump up nationalistic vibes & tone and possibly enable to unite all against an enemy but possibly start a military curfew for greater control. any excuse to get more militarized is wrong imho.

This must go on organically for a while.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
It looks like you don't know Boochaani, one of the speakers. Masih went from "I'm leading this movement and attack the embassies" to being ignored at the DC rally and back to her old role. Like the kid on Iran International said Ravandi or Rivandi or whatever his name is has millions of followers too.
Inviting people to attack embassies is very stupid. But she still has a show on VOA which is watched by millions and speaks at major women's events internationally to raise awareness of what is happening in Iran to women.

I see the old forces at it again. Ever since she started the "white Wednesdays" movement, many started to attack her, knowingly or not, promoting the regime lines and causing a rift. The same is happening with Esmaellion now. Every since he said our next rally will in Tehran, some have started attacking him. Some have sinister motives.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Democracy is the ultimate goal and can also be the process.
People have the means for it now:
They are a lot more smart than what they collectively were in 1970s to 2010s. Partly because of social media giving them the uncontrolled news access, and giving the the platform to discuss and debate without being violent. A great deal of families in Iran, even in remote areas, have college graduates among them. Last but not least, they have been fooled by every trick possible by now and learned their lessons in the hard way: Mullahs, communists, MKO, reformists, ...

That is why the goals are not some imagination based on a certain ideology. They are pragmatic tangible basic human aspirations.

Social media can also provide means to make collective decisions, it doesn't need to be voting by everyone. Once everyone gets access to discussed pros and cons, they will show their choice in their actions. Pretty much like when they say "your customers vote for you with their $ bills".

People need tactical leadership though. This must be a trusted panel who knows their role is not to tell people what is ultimately right or wrong. It must be taking direction from people but guiding the right steps.

As I said previously, revolutions that were not led by central figure had relatively better long term outcomes.

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
I believe “leadership” is different these days than many may be accustomed to, and for instance means of communications make the emergence of a national will more readily apparent. Secondly, the Islamic republic is so brutal and so conning in its suppression and oppression of dissent that having a single figurehead only helps them to launch their smear campaign and then elimination. This will result in yet another long period of dejection and resignation from the nation further retarding progress towards that inevitable just governance and dignity and liberty of all citizens.

It is also becoming increasingly more evident that while most free democracies align themselves with the quest of Iranian people for freedom and justice, there are limits to what they can do as ultimately they want to protect their own interests first, which is fine as whoever is not against the people of Iran is WITH them and the struggle of people of Iran can only be completed by themselves. At the same time, it is worthwhile not to again revert to old and outdated ideas and ideologies that are not worthy of these illumined days. New way of thinking is required to draft a constitution which is all inclusive, secular, allows for future change, and is patriotic not nationalistic.

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
There's a mosque every 100 meters in lower part of tehran and possibly true for other places. The people live there need to be convinced to trust changes and what advantages it bears for them. (they're small time employees, small businessmen, retired or unemployed but most have strong faith, somehow attached to the community and mosque and to greater extent silence observers aka passive supporters of IRI)

Instead (or at some point along with ) of a leader a plan of where we're going is more important. I dont know if they listen to R Pahlavi or someone who does draw plans and explains the future. 'Democracy' to them is non-sense. Talk to them of bread aka economical advantage. (just like free whatever was promised in the past and grabbed their attention)

That aspect of the fight needs to be fortified. For some unless IRIs crime already hit their home , they sit back and watch and OK with the getting-by life.

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
The older folks maybe, the youth will not accept status quo.
The transitional government that Reza Pahlavi talked about is a great idea as it outlines the plans and further unifies the nation.

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
One of the foundations of governance under Islamic republic has been creating mistrust and division among Iranians by sowing doubts and questioning people’s motives, which frustrate all efforts and force any opponent to resign and disconnect to their own corner. Another element of mullahcracy is lack of all forms of security, including personal security and financial security. For instance, with the expression of any dissent mullahs feel it’s their right to confiscate their belongings and raid their homes! This is all mullahs care about: material things (and lust). IR thrives in chaos. In time and with the victory of order over chaos, reason over rage, love over hatred, and hope over despair, a new order will necessarily unfold in Iran which guarantees peace and all forms of security including financial security. That along with using Iran’s vast resources for the good of its people will improve the fortunes of all its citizens.

In the meantime, people must refrain from being drawn into fringe discussions, division and violence, because mullahs will defeat them again with their centuries long experience in those things. People for freedom and justice must stick to their own values which frankly are good and worthy: love, reason, respect, accountability, liberty, unity and justice.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
People of Iran know that there is no going back, it is either the place for Iranians who love their country that want to shape to future, or the place for idiots with mindset of a cow. People have chosen their path, nothing can change that.

Last edited:

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
All over Iran is on fire today. Demonstrations have gathered momentum and thousands have taken to the streets, no less in Saghez with thousands turning up on the real Arbaein.
Meanwhile, the regime committed another crime, this time in Shiraz, killing nearly 20 innocent people in Shahcherag. But this will only add to the anger. No leader is needed, the regime is doing the job very well.