does he deserve any credit?

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Baba to dige ki hasti. Hashemian scored the goal in Foolad game who happened to be Daei's sub. On the other hand Majid computer rid ba tavizash. Ali Daei won the hazfi cup two years in a row with average players.

And LOL at Kazem saying Perspolis had one of the best squads in the league! Just LOL. I think everyone here knows that you are a GN fanboy and hence why you would not open a thread asking for us to give credit to GN knowing the type of response you will get.

Ba on bazikonayi ke Sepahan dasht tooye in fasl, gooni sib zamini ro ham mizashti rooye nimkat IPL ro mibord. LOL
I totally agree, If you even compare Esteghlal squad with Perspolis you see how strong and deep Esteghlal roster was.
Half of thee people in Perspolis squad are either injured or out of shape for most of the season.
As I said before, we need to bring 5, 6 star player back in to Persepolis in order to compete with Sepahan or even ACL for next year.

Aug 26, 2005
Ahmadi
Akbari
Ali Asghari
Arifi
Badamaki
Bagheri
Feshangchi
Haghighi
Hashemian
Heydari
Noori
Norouzi
Rezai
Sheys
Shiri (Mehdi)
Zareh
Zarei

And he says Perspolis didn't have won of the best squads in the league! Funny shit.

As I said before, we need to bring 5, 6 star player back in to Persepolis in order to compete with Sepahan or even ACL for next year.
You need to stop wasting money on forwards.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
compare to who we had one of the best in league? Sepahan, Esteghlal, Zobahan???
dude are you smoking something. Top three team in IPL had the best squad all around with Sepahan having the best.
Compare to them, yeah Perspolis squad wasn't that great.
From your list, half of them stop playing half way through season (Bagheri, Sheys, Rezaie injured). Rest of them were just crap.

But I agree, we need defender and midfield for next year. we have no one. I mean beside Sepehr baghiari beriz door.

Jun 18, 2005
Perspolis needs a decent striker. Rezai was injured for most of the season...

I would be very excited if Ansarifard comes to Perspolis. Maybe a couple of defenders and a playmaker.

Aug 26, 2005
Let's be honest, you have even more "names" than Zob Ahan. Sepahan had the best squad IMO, Esteghlal had a slightly better team than Perspolis. If you'd rank them you'd say they had the 3rd best after Sepahan and Esteghlal. But Perspolis still had a squad with enough talent to challenge for the league. And they did, but they ended up 4th. It's more or less where they deserved to be. Daei didn't create any miracles. A few of them got injured, the rest didn't play well (Daei's responsibility) and/or fell out with him (Daei's fault).

As an aside: I am not considering Estil Azin who with their names arguably had also one of the best teams in the IPL; but they were a shambles and got relegated.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Well Esteel had only Midfield players and Forward. I think when they put their roster together they forgot about Goalkeeper and defense.
That was one of the main reason they relegated but that team was just messed up from the beginning.

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
coaches deserve some of the credit, and some of the blame, for winning and losing..

Daie did win the cup, albeit with some shady calls going his team's way, so he deserves his dues..

Nov 24, 2002
Baba to dige ki hasti. Hashemian scored the goal in Foolad game who happened to be Daei's sub. On the other hand Majid computer rid ba tavizash. Ali Daei won the hazfi cup two years in a row with average players.

And LOL at Kazem saying Perspolis had one of the best squads in the league! Just LOL. I think everyone here knows that you are a GN fanboy and hence why you would not open a thread asking for us to give credit to GN knowing the type of response you will get.

Ba on bazikonayi ke Sepahan dasht tooye in fasl, gooni sib zamini ro ham mizashti rooye nimkat IPL ro mibord. LOL
-foolad was playing a great game against PP with a man short early in game
-malavan was leading and later on even tied the game and lost the game to refree !( red card and two penalties)
in both cases how you want a team to win when they play a man short from very early in game ????!

Daei az onja ovord !

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
ok i'm not as hardcore as i used to be about my daei support but just wondering what people think about this record.. since daei came back to iran he was top goal scorer for perspolis.. then won the cup with saba battery.. then won the league with saipa and then won two cups back to back for perspolis.. you can say what you like about him but surely this is a born winner or do you think all of them were accidental!?
I would give him credit in spite of cussing him out during the season. With the kind of talent he had in his disposal he did better than expected. He just needs to work on his attitude and chill a little.
yeah good question Abs..I think Sina summed up what I wanted to say too! Daei did a decent job this season and deserves a credit where its due, considering we didnt have many talented/experienced players in Perspolis squad compare to ES, Zob Ahan and Sepahan.

I dont like his arrogance, but as a coach, just like his playing time, he has this strong winning mentality,confidence and discipline that alot of Iranian coaches lack. and I think ever since his bad experience with IFF, he's learned to take ppl side now and be more fair and critical even if it insults IFF-league officials,etc..

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
PP squad were big names that failed as a team due to their coach. Zob's squad became names in Zob Ahan. They were all nobodys before coming to Zob except for Khalatbari. Comparing the 2 squads makes no sense at all. The players that leave Zob go back to being nobodys. Just take a look at Hasan Ashjari and Mohsen Mosalman. There were dozens of threads for those 2 players to join TM and now noone even knows where they are even playing.

Nov 24, 2002
PP squad were big names that failed as a team due to their coach. Zob's squad became names in Zob Ahan. They were all nobodys before coming to Zob except for Khalatbari. Comparing the 2 squads makes no sense at all. The players that leave Zob go back to being nobodys. Just take a look at Hasan Ashjari and Mohsen Mosalman. There were dozens of threads for those 2 players to join TM and now noone even knows where they are even playing.
well except mosalman is a big part of malavan now ..

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I am really surprised at some of the comments here ,Daie did a decent job ?! are you guys serious ?

In all 40 years of watching Perspolis this was the worst I have ever seen them , they were torn apart so many times this season and all that was down to daei for creating so much conflicts and friction , he has zero personality for coach , he can't get on with anyone and the cup they won was more down to luck and favouritism than anything .

Believe me I am not saying all this as a Taj fan , I like to see a strong Perspolis challenging Taj and the rest and help to make our football in general much stronger and solid , I just can't believe how you red fans can praise daei for all the record losses ,some heavy which was unknown in Perspolis history before .

you forgot how he treated Bagheri ? if he had kept and used him more than half perspolis problems would have been solved and most those humiliating defeats probably would not have happened .

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
Haven't had the chance to read the previous pages, so I'll just say this and hope it's not redundant. Perspolis under Daei was a carbon copy of TM when he was in charge. Decent enough going forward but clueless and amateurish in defense.

Some of the worst losses in club history have been under Daei's tenure, and he is the first red coach in years to be swept in the derby. Those 3-4 goal losses he suffered could have easily been our away results against UAE and Syria if we didn't have Rahmati in goal.

I do hope he stays though. Having this ozghal to root against has helped rekindle some of my boyhood club passion.:)

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar

But Zob has had the luxury of stability in every aspect of the business.. Ownership, Management, facility, youth program, players development, coaching staff, Squad..etc.. Perspolis has had 4 coaches, 2 managers and god knows how many assistants in the last 3 years, and not to mention how many times they have had to change the practice field and not to mention the side issues that always surrounds perspolis.. You can not overstate the importance of stability..

Perspolis squad didn't have any big names (you probably can't name one) unless you want to call Feshangchi and Arfi or Maziar Zareh as big names.. Who are Aghazamani, Nour Mohamadi, Hassan Shiri, Heidri and Shakouri? these are starting squad for perspolis's defense... Hashemian is the biggest name and he is obviously way passed his prime.. aside from him, there aren't any "big name" players on this perspolis team.. I am not trying to defend Daie, but merely stating the obvious..

alila

National Team Player
Jun 9, 2006
a galaxy far far away
Ali Daei Is the one with the worst records of 5 consecutive losses in IPL and humiliation over getting knocked off ACL by some Arab 2nd rates teams and worst record in derby vs ESEs .
If we won hazfi was mainly because eses and sepahan already had secured their place in IPL and didn't need hazfi to get into next year ACL.
Zobahan also didn't take hazfi seriously enough and lost vs a azadegan league team.
Malavan and foolad simply didn't have the strength compared to pp.

I will gonna feel sorry if I see this clown in pp for another season .kashani (the asshole hezbool) who took over the job by lobbying with AN and replacing ansarifard,is the worst CEO in charge of pp for ever..
He appointed another clown (ghotbi) while he was a crappy video analysor at his previous jobs and paid the guy hefty contract then he signed daei (clown 2) and the collaboration of agha hezboll and daei made this season a failure for us.
Hazfi cup is a Cool dip to ease the sorrow but we sucked really bad this year.
Time to get rid of some of the players ..
Mazyar zareh is a joke ,,whoever person who compared this slow robot to ghayeghran must have never seen a single game from the late veteran .
Badamaki and mansoori are also in the list plus shiri brothers .

Jalal akbari and sepehr heidari should both go back to Isfahan .

We need younger talents ..I wish we could sign karim ansarifard and arash afshin and sign kolah kaj again .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2003
Well I think if Persepolis fans are happy and looks like they are, then I guess he deserves credit. Also please do not forget about alternatives, it will not be a first class coach. I t will be someone from IPL or a third rated foreign coach. GN will not come to Persepolis. ;-) Also I do not agree about players. If he thought he can not succeed with these players then he should not have accepted the job and now that he accepted it then it is his problem, besides didn't he give the list to Kashani? he wanted Rezaie and Nouri badly. Over all it was too soon for Daie to become both TM and Persepolis coaches and he made a mistake accepting both positions, please refrain comparing him with Barcelona coach. Oh I forgot they have more players in TM compare to Esteghlal, so it can not be that bad or else Queiroz is crazy.

What are u saying Ali Jan? there is no TXT in you message.

Last edited:
May 9, 2004
دائی مربی خوبی برای تیم ملی نبود
شاید بخاطر اینکه ادم کله شقی است و بهترین ها را دعوت نکرد و همچنین با کریمی جر و بحث داشت
ولی با تیمهای لیگ خوب کار کرده
و این تیم پرسپولیس بازیکنانان مطرحی نداشت ولی باز توانست قهرمان جام شود
پس جواب سئوال بله است