English Premier League 2016-17 Fixtures , News , Transfers , Match Updates [R]

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Salary Cap hasn't worked in any sport to make the playing field even and I don't know how it should work in football.

Baseball is the only US sport without a salary cap and it is also the one where building a dynasty is most difficult and the most different teams have won a league over the past 20 years.

NBA and NFL have salary cap, yet the winners have been the same teams for most of the time. In the NBA over the past 20 years, you have Bulls, Pistons, Cavs, Warriors, Spurs, Heat, Lakers and Celtics winning the title, with Cavs and Heat winning because of LeBron.
NFL has Patriots, Giants, Steelers and always one team in between popping in winning it.

Dude, Jose is smart, that is what he wanted to do 3-4 weeks ago when he realized winning EPL is not possible, you can be 10000000% sure they will get EL.
so please call UEFA to cancel the game bro.

i don't get it, it is football. anything can happen. it is not like it is RM against fajr e sepaasi.

Ajax are ok i guess and man united are very unstable. so anything can happen. as far as Jose i guess he tried to do the best with what he had. Alex did much better than him, van gaal, moyes added together with half as much as 'talent'.

the problem with man united is the wining 'mentality' is not there anymore. There are too many new players every year get thrown in the mix. The influence of Giggs, Scholes (just the presence) is not there.

btw, i think Conte's Chelsea is a start of a mini Dynasty like Arsenal in the 2000s.

with a little bit of an enhanced squad he will be up there in champs league.

EL final is by noway decided and if, i said if, man u loses Jose will have some justifying to do to the fans. (That is after he blames the players, the pitch, physio, ISIS, Jack the Ripper etc etc )

Feb 4, 2005
Reading beat Fulham (2-1 agg.) and advanced to Championship final yesterday. The winner of Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday today (0-0 first leg) will meet Reading for promotion to next year EPL.

Feb 4, 2005
My Boring United at Southampton for another meaningless game (for both teams). All I care is for the team to get out of this and final EPL match against CP without more injuries

Feb 4, 2005
United: Romero; Bailly, Jones, Smalling, Darmian; Tuanzebe, Fellaini; Mata, Rooney (c), Mkhitaryan; Martial.

Substitutes: Pereira, Mitchell, Carrick, Herrera, Lingard, McTominay, Rashford.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
comical game.. we are really horrible with out our main players.. I mean even this squad has few good names but god knows why they all play like crap..

what a save again!!! mann. he is on fire so far.. Should of been like 3-0 SH

Feb 4, 2005
Mourinho to field a very young team against CP. Good to know that the kids get some playing time at top level:

Early team news for United v Crystal Palace

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has guaranteed there will be some fresh faces in the line-up when the Reds take on Crystal Palace on Sunday, with Paul Pogba also set to return.

The boss name-checked several youngsters and confirmed Joel Pereira will make his Premier League debut in goal against Sam Allardyce's Eagles at Old Trafford. Demi Mitchell, Matty Willock, Josh Harrop and Zak Dearnley are also in line to make their senior bows at any level as none of them have even had a loan spell away from the club.

Pogba will get a run out in the final Premier League game of a demanding season after being granted compassionate leave due to the sad death of his father.

"Sunday will be a big day for the kids because lots of them are going to play," said the boss. "I hope the crowd enjoys that, in spite of it not being a big, strong Manchester United team.

"I hope to play Joel against Crystal Palace. He’s a very good goalkeeper so we’re in safe hands."

When asked about when David De Gea will next play, Mourinho replied: "I think in the first match against LA Galaxy in pre-season in Los Angeles [on 15 July]. David is the top [keeper] in the world and obviously we want to keep the top [goalie] in the world.

"I don't go with 'if he leaves' as I hope he doesn't leave. I think we need two top goalkeepers and a top young goalkeeper and this is what we have in this moment. David is David and Sergio is Sergio. Spain's national-team keeper and Argentina's national-team keeper.

"For me, it's amazing to have it. Everything went very smoothly during the season. Everyone was accepting my decisions and I'm really happy with both of them. I'm also very happy and, the next match, Joel is playing his first match in the Premier League. The kid also deserves this."

Mourinho went on to reveal virtually all of his squad news for the weekend during his press conference at St Mary's, after the draw with Southampton.

"I don't tell you," he initially insisted, but then added: "I will bring Mitchell, he was on the bench. [Scott] McTominay, he was on the bench. Of course, Axel [Tuanzebe]. Of course, Eric Bailly and [Matty] Willock will come too. Josh Harrop will come. Zachary [Dearnley] will come.

"Pogba will come because Paul is not training or playing since his dad passed away. I will put two or three of my boys rotating during the game, making some changes to save them, but I need to give a little structure of four or five of my boys to give some stability to the kids. I don't think, by themselves, they will be in [the right] conditions to play the game."

Mourinho to field a very young team against CP. Good to know that the kids get some playing time at top level:

Early team news for United v Crystal Palace

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has guaranteed there will be some fresh faces in the line-up when the Reds take on Crystal Palace on Sunday, with Paul Pogba also set to return.

The boss name-checked several youngsters and confirmed Joel Pereira will make his Premier League debut in goal against Sam Allardyce's Eagles at Old Trafford. Demi Mitchell, Matty Willock, Josh Harrop and Zak Dearnley are also in line to make their senior bows at any level as none of them have even had a loan spell away from the club.

Pogba will get a run out in the final Premier League game of a demanding season after being granted compassionate leave due to the sad death of his father.

"Sunday will be a big day for the kids because lots of them are going to play," said the boss. "I hope the crowd enjoys that, in spite of it not being a big, strong Manchester United team.

"I hope to play Joel against Crystal Palace. He’s a very good goalkeeper so we’re in safe hands."

When asked about when David De Gea will next play, Mourinho replied: "I think in the first match against LA Galaxy in pre-season in Los Angeles [on 15 July]. David is the top [keeper] in the world and obviously we want to keep the top [goalie] in the world.

"I don't go with 'if he leaves' as I hope he doesn't leave. I think we need two top goalkeepers and a top young goalkeeper and this is what we have in this moment. David is David and Sergio is Sergio. Spain's national-team keeper and Argentina's national-team keeper.

"For me, it's amazing to have it. Everything went very smoothly during the season. Everyone was accepting my decisions and I'm really happy with both of them. I'm also very happy and, the next match, Joel is playing his first match in the Premier League. The kid also deserves this."

Mourinho went on to reveal virtually all of his squad news for the weekend during his press conference at St Mary's, after the draw with Southampton.

"I don't tell you," he initially insisted, but then added: "I will bring Mitchell, he was on the bench. [Scott] McTominay, he was on the bench. Of course, Axel [Tuanzebe]. Of course, Eric Bailly and [Matty] Willock will come too. Josh Harrop will come. Zachary [Dearnley] will come.

"Pogba will come because Paul is not training or playing since his dad passed away. I will put two or three of my boys rotating during the game, making some changes to save them, but I need to give a little structure of four or five of my boys to give some stability to the kids. I don't think, by themselves, they will be in [the right] conditions to play the game."
.Keep him we have Navas and we are happy with him