Esteghlal - Perspolis [R] & comments

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
ravankhah and khalili may have scored, but make no mistake about man of the match was pezhman noori.

He did everything right. won many balls. crossed many good balls. and had few good runs and shots.

Badamaki is a disgrace to football. He is master of falling flat on his ass.

mashtnaghi

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
I got to watch the match after all. Ghotbi got out coached by Hejazi. Taj’s plan was to depend on counterattacks and they executed and created chances. The goal they scored was a combination of a great shot and horrible defending by Nosrati. He blinded the goalie and in the last second turned and let the shot go by him(sell him to Taj, I never liked this dude). Nikbakht’s handball was embarrassing. This is the second time he has done this.

All and all, we expected more from this match. Other than two great goals, we saw a defensive plan by Taj that was not executed to the finish, and a pressing by Persepolis that lacked finishing. Even the great Karim missed one clear chance. Not that Persepolis looked that potent, but had Taj won it, it would have been unfair. 1-1 was a fair result.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Mashalahhhh Perspoilisssssssssss

kheliii khob bazi kardimmmmmmmmmmmm

Mashalahhh. agar roye eshtebahe tokhmi rodbarian nabod injori nemishod

:party-smi
loool,agree! Roodbariane cholombeh..az heikale gondash khejalat nemikesheh, baba react fast. was so pissed at the goal he was scored on.
But to be honest, Perspolis didnt really play as good as other games. We didnt have a proper plan in attacking and going forward to finish the job. very disappointed by our coaching team.

Esteghlal played a smart game but didnt keep it smart!!;)

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
We could have come out as the winner but it was not meant to be. I am happy with how the team played. Well done.
I agree , we outplayed them especially in midfield for 70 minutes . we should have sealed the game in the last 20 minutes but failed to capitalise on our chances and credit to perspolis they pushed us back and scored a good goal .

but what a great strike by Ravankhah ! :smile: Majidi had a good game and borhani missed another golden chance ,he could have played the easiest of chip over Roodbarian ...
Talebloo on the other hand remind us of his great days .

I am pleased with the way Esteghlal performed but disappointed not to walk away with 3 points.

IPride

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Just some comments on the game:

Jersies:
I liked how EsEs had two stars on top of their logo ;)
Why the hell did the pp jersies have piroozi on the back? Are these guys still confused as to what to call their club?

Game:

Overall both teams were playing with the same game plan, throw long balls behind the other teams defence with the little exception than EsEs at times tried to rely on Borhani and Majidi to penetrate the defence .

I cannot believe Borhani did not score than one on one... What is wrong with this kid.
Hejazi should take some time and train this kid to be a goalscorer. The same way he trained Daei. With his current form, Borhani should only play 20 minutes in the second half. I hope Bayatinia comes back, because we really missed him out there today. He has his PhD in scoring against long factory..

I think EsEs will get somewhat of a moral boost from this match considering that they put up an acceptable show against pp. They just need to add some coordination and speed to their game. Borhani and Majidi duo does not work.

Jan 13, 2006
KHAK BAR SARE ESTEGHLALIA..KHAK BAR SARESHOOON; HAR SAL KE PERSPOLIS ESTEGHLAL BAZI MIKARDAN BA INKE PERSPOLIS VAZESH KHARABTAR AZ ESTEHLAL BOOD HAMISHE 60% STADIUM O PERSPOLISIA POR MIKARDAN..EMSAL KE ESTEGHLALIA DIDAN TEAMESHOON TATILE! HAMOON GOOSHEYE STADIUMAM KE POR MIKARDAN NESFESH KHALI BOOD; EDDEAYE TASSOBESHOONAM MISHE...BA IN HAME MOHRE INJAYE JADVAL BOODAN HONAR MIKHAD..KHAK BAR SARESHOON

Jan 13, 2006
khak bar sare ammat .. dorost sohbat kon bache mozallaf..

The year that EsEs won the championship and the year before where we beat you at the derby there were more EsEs fans in the stadium.. Shove your 60% stats up your you know where.

Riiiiiiidan too mokhet dige..behtarin halatesham 40% stadiumo por nakardiiiin..hoseleye kal kal kardan ba shomaro nadaram...ba oon morabbie ba kelasi!! ke dariiin entezare digeyii azatoon nemire

Jun 26, 2007
I agree , we outplayed them especially in midfield for 70 minutes . we should have sealed the game in the last 20 minutes but failed to capitalise on our chances and credit to perspolis they pushed us back and scored a good goal .

but what a great strike by Ravankhah ! :smile: Majidi had a good game and borhani missed another golden chance ,he could have played the easiest of chip over Roodbarian ...
Talebloo on the other hand remind us of his great days .

I am pleased with the way Esteghlal performed but disappointed not to walk away with 3 points.
I still cant believe how Jabbari missed that chance!!!!
he dribbled 2 players beatifully, and created a great shooting position, ama REEEED ba oon shoot zadanesh!!

Jun 18, 2005
I think Perspolis was happy with a draw given Sepahan's loss a day earlier. I dont like a draw in the derby game. But thats how most of them end up. (I wonder why)

Ghotbi :sad3:

Jun 18, 2005
I wish instead of spending so much time on what the fans said, how they behaved, that no fight took place, some energy also gets invested how good the two teams play. Or how exciting the derby is....

Jan 13, 2006
پس از تساوي يك بر يك

حجازي: پرسپوليس بايد از تساوي راضي باشد

خبرگزاري فارس: سرمربي استقلال تهران گفت: پرسپوليسي ها با توجه به بي برنامه بودن و زير توپ زدن بايد از نتيجه مساوي راضي باشند.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
پس از تساوي يك بر يك

حجازي: پرسپوليس بايد از تساوي راضي باشد

خبرگزاري فارس: سرمربي استقلال تهران گفت: پرسپوليسي ها با توجه به بي برنامه بودن و زير توپ زدن بايد از نتيجه مساوي راضي باشند.
martike to kheli barname dashti loool
baba khejalat bekeshhh
:wave: :wave: hamon rotbe 12 hom haghete ta halit she

Jan 13, 2006
martike to kheli barname dashti loool
baba khejalat bekeshhh
:wave: :wave: hamon rotbe 12 hom haghete ta halit she

pesar kheili roo mikhad biad in harfha ro bezane..har ki bazie nadide bashe fekr mikone ss hamash mogheyiiat dashte..khoda ro shokr perspolis nabord Naser khan sekteh nakard

Aug 26, 2005
What a game, we should have won it. The minutes between our goal and Perspolis' goal confirmed for me what has already gone on this year and will continue to go on. Hejazi did not organise the team to slow the game down and get the clock ticking till the end. We put ourselves under immense pressure and we conceded predictably. However, it was not all bad and I think Hejazi had the right idea for this game and our players were amped up and doing what they should have been doing most of the game. There is always some good bad and ugly with Esteghlal since Hejazi has taken over and I for one am tired of the inconsistency. I don't think Hejazi has done enough after 9 weeks to argue his place on the bench.

And Borhani...my god I have never been so frustrated with a player in my LIFE. This kid could literally win games on his own merit if he could just find where the damn net is and stop confusing his ass for his brain. I have a soft spot for the guy and he did me proud except in a few scenes, but really...get it together son.

Talebloo kept us in the game and it was a defensive mistake where our two CBs went for Faraz and left Khalili. Heyf.

Jun 26, 2007
Esteghlal is 3 points away from relegation. :--wink: But I hope Hejazi stays. :peep:
From now on, PP is going to face all the touvh teams (Malavan, Sepahan, Saba, EsEs Ahvaz, Saipa)
While EsEs plays with weaker teams (Abu Moslem, Pegah, Sanat Naft, etc...)

We played great football in the second half I believe. Hopefully, Nasser khan has finally recognised his startinh 11.

Ravankhah & Montazeri will solve our problems in the centre midfield.