Favourite music band/group/song

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Unbelievable, I wasn't around at the time, this song is even older than I'm.... :iran:
Man, what a progress for its time, its all kind of 45 years ago compared to the fucking crap pumping out of that shit country today!
On top of it, all these retarded-rejects around only talking politics and religion, fucking sick & tired of it!

All great anyway, there you go Farsi soft rock/ballad.
Is this fella still alive?

[video=youtube;aoCleoGuJHM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoCleoGuJHM[/video]

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Unbelievable, I wasn't around at the time, this song is even older than I'm.... :iran:
Man, what a progress for its time, its all kind of 45 years ago compared to the fucking crap pumping out of that shit country today!
On top of it, all these retarded-rejects around only talking politics and religion, fucking sick & tired of it!

All great anyway, there you go Farsi soft rock/ballad.
Is this fella still alive?

[video=youtube;aoCleoGuJHM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoCleoGuJHM[/video]
He is alive and just released his newest album outside Iran but lives in Iran , you just came across his best ever single and one of the best ever if not the best.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Can i ask how old you are ?
This song is one of my all time favourites of Dylan , not many have heard it . Whenever I listen to it I think of Hemingway's novels. He tells the story so beautiful that you see the characters in front of you . The original is the best version.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
I am 35 years old my friend I was born in 82. Do you have a copy of the original on youtube? @Nadersan btw I liked Queen as well but never really became a HUGE fan. BTW everyone says the singer is Iranian but he is really Indian. In England there is prejudice against Indians so dude said he was Irooni.

Nadersan

Bench Warmer
Mar 20, 2016
Stockholm
Haven't found the original ,it's The next last song on Desire album .
Seen a documentary about Freddy , he was born in Zanzibar and parents were Zoroastrian old generations of Parsi immigrants to India. But I don't know if
" is there any truth in there , senior? "
Which song is this ?

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@TM , 35 ? Dylan , the Clash . How did it happen?

OLD SCHOOL baby old school, remember MUSICIAN. Oh and someone brought up you can use google, sure you can but I never cheat in music, I just love everything about it my friend. I might be young but my friends say I have an old soul and an eclectic taste.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I am 35 years old my friend I was born in 82. Do you have a copy of the original on youtube? @Nadersan btw I liked Queen as well but never really became a HUGE fan. BTW everyone says the singer is Iranian but he is really Indian. In England there is prejudice against Indians so dude said he was Irooni.

Farokh or Freddie Mercury was a son of a Parsi couple from India ,Parsis or Persians of India fled Iran after Islam and settled there and kept all their traditional Persian culture and their religion which is Zoroastians .

So yes Freddie was of Persian origin and his name was Farokh .

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
He is alive and just released his newest album outside Iran but lives in Iran , you just came across his best ever single and one of the best ever if not the best.
Thanx for your input.
I have searched bit about him and his life experience, he seems to be a Singer-songwriter. I really have great respect and admire for all-round performers. Fellas like him have to be armed with a gift from above, god bless!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Farokh or Freddie Mercury was a son of a Parsi couple from India ,Parsis or Persians of India fled Iran after Islam and settled there and kept all their traditional Persian culture and their religion which is Zoroastians .

So yes Freddie was of Persian origin and his name was Farokh .
Thank you for correcting me and I know about Zororasterians they were that and I did not know it, very cool story. I appreciate the correction Ogahbealborz I did not know Farok or Freddy's parents were Parsi Zartoshti.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Thanx for your input.
I have searched bit about him and his life experience, he seems to be a Singer-songwriter. I really have great respect and admire for all-round performers. Fellas like him have to be armed with a gift from above, god bless!
Although Queen was not my favorite band you are so right. Talented musicians like him are just a gift to this world, they are a gift to the world. As for guitarists thugh is Kirk Lee Hammet. Still, what an amazing talent just Queen was not my thing but I liked their music.

Nadersan

Bench Warmer
Mar 20, 2016
Stockholm
Yaghmai came from a musical family, Kaveh , younger brother is more active and doing his songs .
He was one the few who wrote and composed his works .

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Oct 18, 2010
nice piece of song writing by whoever did this one.

[video=youtube;BLX7zEDJcKY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLX7zEDJcKY[/video]

Nadersan

Bench Warmer
Mar 20, 2016
Stockholm
IMG_1392.JPG I was there , outside, couldn't get in , no ticket , disappointed, but not beaten. He will be back .

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Although Queen was not my favorite band you are so right. Talented musicians like him are just a gift to this world, they are a gift to the world. As for guitarists thugh is Kirk Lee Hammet. Still, what an amazing talent just Queen was not my thing but I liked their music.
I think Arash was talking about Kourosh Yaghmayee here in that post .

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Thank you for correcting me and I know about Zororasterians they were that and I did not know it, very cool story. I appreciate the correction Ogahbealborz I did not know Farok or Freddy's parents were Parsi Zartoshti.
I first came to know them in 1976 when I heard the song " you're my best friend " on radio 1 in England , I went and bought that tape and listened to that song for days ! not knowing that it would be the Bohemian rhapsody that would become a massive hit from the same album .

At the time I heard from friends that the singer is Iranian and the way he looked you could believe he is ,it was years later that I found out he is actually a Parsi born in Zanzibar .

That was the only time I bought their cassette ,like you although I like Queen but they are not my favourites .