oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
https://youtu.be/0omja1ivpx0
@ Oghab remember this
He was The Real Scene Artist

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
Yes I do remember it , he was indeed ,with his powerful yet velvety vocals and his showmanship ,while not the type that I enjoy watching but he was a top act even if not to everyone's taste .

see if any of you can call out this one which is one of my favourites :

Living 's easy with eyes closed ...misunderstanding all you see ...it's getting harder to be someone but it will all work out ,it doesn't matter much to me !:--confuse

Nadersan

Bench Warmer
Mar 20, 2016
Stockholm
Isn't it a movie tittle ? The first part , my wife says it's The Wings , I say nothing. We had a Spanish movie weekend for some months ago, and one of them had almost such a title in Swedish, now she says the Beatles .
Very curious to know but promise to wait until you or others comment

Oct 18, 2010
freddie was a genius and easily one of the top 5 pop artists
of alltime.his early classical training was evidence in his song
writing style.you can hear it in this marvelous transcription of
his most famous piece for the guitar.

[video=youtube;UfZmMJKIBec]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfZmMJKIBec[/video]

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Isn't it a movie tittle ? The first part , my wife says it's The Wings , I say nothing. We had a Spanish movie weekend for some months ago, and one of them had almost such a title in Swedish, now she says the Beatles .
Very curious to know but promise to wait until you or others comment

The words are too poetic to come fr Beatles

Your wife is correct ! it is the beatles strawberry fields ......let me take you down cause I am going to strawberry fields ....nothing is real ,nothing to get hung about ! ...strawberry fields for ever !

Always know sometimes thinks it's me ...you know I know when its a dream ... I think I know I mean oh yes ! but it's all wrong ...that is I think I disagree ...!:)

Nadersan

Bench Warmer
Mar 20, 2016
Stockholm
This is One the few Songs i like , i guss it is Lennon's work . Otherwise they were too girlie for me . Harrison and Lennon were more deep than the other ones in my opinion I'll give my wife a kiss from you if you don't mind.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
This is One the few Songs i like , i guss it is Lennon's work . Otherwise they were too girlie for me . Harrison and Lennon were more deep than the other ones in my opinion I'll give my wife a kiss from you if you don't mind.

Mccartney and Harrison were my favourites but Lennon and McCartney kind of complimented each other in song writing ,macca has some top numbers like let it be ,yesterday ,the long and winding road and all the ones he did with the Wings .

Nadersan

Bench Warmer
Mar 20, 2016
Stockholm
Those three Lennon , McCartney n Harrison were great musicians . You see that clearly after Beatles. The songs you mentioned are timeless. Yesterday I listened to Qeen's concert at Wembley . It was a great performance . You begin to understand why they were so big n popular.thanks to you .
Changing thoughts is a valuable thing with this site .

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Those three Lennon , McCartney n Harrison were great musicians . You see that clearly after Beatles. The songs you mentioned are timeless. Yesterday I listened to Qeen's concert at Wembley . It was a great performance . You begin to understand why they were so big n popular.thanks to you .
Changing thoughts is a valuable thing with this site .

Thanks ,regarding what you said earlier about the piece of a song I brought up and you said it was too poetic for beatles I mus say yes in the early days of the beatles they did some wishy washy songs that reflected with their age and experience like "love me do " but as time went on they moved up the ladder and came with some fantastic stuff ,listen to their seargent pepper and the white album ....songs like "golden slumbers " and "something " and many more .

Frank Sinatra who did a cover of "something " said that this was the most beautiful love song he has ever heard ! now that is some compliment coming from him .. and he thought that John Lennon had written it but it was the quite beatle George Harrison who did that !

George Harrison was such a beautiful soul and very spiritual ,listen to his "my sweet lord " , here comes the sun ,give me love and isn't it a pity ...

Isn't it a pity is a song with lyrics that reflects the way our society specially for us lot has evolved ,sad but true ...

Isn't it a pity ,now isn't it a shame ....how we break each other's heart ...and cause each other pain ...how we take each other's love ...without thinking any more ...forgetting to give back ...isn't it a pity ....

somethings take so long ...but how can I explain ?...when not too many people ...can see we're all the same ..and because of all their tears ...their eyes can't hope to see ...the beauty that surrounds them ...isn't it a pity !!

Last edited:

Nadersan

Bench Warmer
Mar 20, 2016
Stockholm
Start reading your comments i though of The White album, then you mentioned it .
I heard they were influenced by Chuck Berry .

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Start reading your comments i though of The White album, then you mentioned it .
I heard they were influenced by Chuck Berry .

Chuck Berry influenced the whole lot of guitarists from jimmy Page ,Eric clapton ,Knopfler and the beatles of course .

In fact most British musicians who were into guitar were looking towards the USA and people like Chuck Berry ,BB King ,there was nothing like them around here in Britain at the time with limited resources .

I remember watching Paul Mccartney talking about very early days (late 50s) when him and Lennon and Harrison had heard about the B7 chord but did not know how to finger it ,someone told them there is this chap on the other side of Liverpool who knows it ,

so they got on the bus and went round the guys house and knocked on his door and asked him to show them how to play B7 chord ! now you can go to youtube and type in B7 chord on guitar and hundreds of tutorials will come up !

Last edited:

Nadersan

Bench Warmer
Mar 20, 2016
Stockholm
Do you have any tips about a band or an artist whom one could listen now ? the modern music doesn't do it for me . Or is it because of my age , remember my parents listened to Banan and we thought it was boring but now I could appreciate him .

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Do you have any tips about a band or an artist whom one could listen now ? the modern music doesn't do it for me . Or is it because of my age , remember my parents listened to Banan and we thought it was boring but now I could appreciate him .

Not really !! I listen to music on the radio and sometimes something will get my attention but will never remember their names as I am still busy listening to the old stuff and some old stuff that I had not heard before .

Good music is timeless no matter how old it gets ,which ever style of music or instrument you like ,if you are into classic music like Vivaldi you can bet people will still listen to it in 500 years time ,same with rock and pop music .

will " stairway to heaven " ever get old ? I doubt it .......

have you ever heard of the Kinks ? another great rock & roll band from England from the 60s ,Dire straight song "Romeo & Juliet " ...

John Legend from this era is a great singer though ...

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field

Listen to this :

People say I am crazy ! doing what I'm doing ......well they give me all kinds of warning ....to save me from ruin !

when I say that I'm ok ! they look at me kind of strange ...surely you're not happy now you no longer play the game ...

people asking questions ...lost in confusion ....well I tell there's no problem ...only solutions !

well they shake their heads and look at me as if I lost my mind .... I tell them there's no hurry I am just sitting here doing time ...!

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round ! I really love to watch them role ,no longer riding on s merry go round .....I just had to let it go !

"watching the wheels "

Nadersan

Bench Warmer
Mar 20, 2016
Stockholm
Listen to this :

People say I am crazy ! doing what I'm doing ......well they give me all kinds of warning ....to save me from ruin !

when I say that I'm ok ! they look at me kind of strange ...surely you're not happy now you no longer play the game ...

people asking questions ...lost in confusion ....well I tell there's no problem ...only solutions !

well they shake their heads and look at me as if I lost my mind .... I tell them there's no hurry I am just sitting here doing time ...!

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round ! I really love to watch them role ,no longer riding on s merry go round .....I just had to let it go !

"watching the wheels "
Double Fantasy,Lennon, the last one
Love the birthday song

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Nadersan you know what the thing is I listen to all of the old stuff because the new music is just ok. Hell I will even listen to traditional Slav folk music, classical music, traditional Persian music(not the doktar e bandari stuff) and of course classical music(everyone should know that by now) @Oga and Nadersan you guys are right when you are 17 those songs stick.

Oh and I am not a fan of country music but how can you not like this everyone knows the lyrics so I won't even post it.

[video=youtube;7OqwKfgLaeA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OqwKfgLaeA[/video]
Cats In The Cradle by Harry Chapin
My child arrived just the other day
He came to the world in the usual way
But there were planes to catch, and bills to pay
He learned to walk while I was away
And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew
He'd say, "I'm gonna be like you, dad
You know I'm gonna be like you."

And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man in the moon
"When you coming home, dad?" "I don't know when
But we'll get together then
You know we'll have a good time then."

My son turned ten just the other day
He said, "Thanks for the ball, dad; come on, let's play
Can you teach me to throw?"
I said, "Not today, I got a lot to do."
He said, "That's okay."
And he walked away, but his smile never dimmed
And said, "I'm gonna be like him, yeah
You know I'm gonna be like him."

"When you coming home, dad?" "I don't know when
But we'll get together then

Well, he came from college just the other day
So much like a man, I just had to say
"Son, I'm proud of you. Can you sit for a while?"
He shook his head, and he said with a smile
"What I'd really like, dad, is to borrow the car keys
See you later; can I have them please?"

"When you coming home, son?" "I don't know when
But we'll get together then, dad

I've long since retired, and my son's moved away
I called him up just the other day
I said, "I'd like to see you if you don't mind."
He said, "I'd love to, dad, if I could find the time
You see, my new job's a hassle, and the kid's got the flu
But it's sure nice talking to you, dad
It's been sure nice talking to you."
And as I hung up the phone, it occurred to me
He'd grown up just like me
My boy was just like me

"When you coming home, son?" "I don't know when
But we'll get together then, dad
We're gonna have a good time then."

The art of a good country singer is to tell you a story that will hit your emotions. I'm not trying to be a redneck bumping Old School Country but how can you not like that?