few pictures from Isfahan

MohammadLin

Bench Warmer
Aug 9, 2004
We can't yet make basic stuff, we are after uranium, I could never understand! just because it is called NUCLEAR facility and knowledge shouldn't make us proud of having it. If all these money were spent on building good research based infrustructure for universities, you know how much we would have achieved in the world of science, electronic/fiber technology, biotechnology, etc!

Aziz, uranium facilities for what, if this is for the power plant, the damnned thing aint ready yet! They have been working on it for past decades!!!

And who is working on it now? Russian! how can we trust them! If it was Canadians, or Germen I wouldn't mind it, but Russian!

Administrating a nuclear facility requires safety culture to be developed among its employees. Russian don't have it to begin with, that's why Chernobyle incident happened in the first place. For those of you around Ontario, I'd suggest going and checking the visitor's site of the OPG plants (Darlington, Pickering) or Bruce power. They have some emulation tools as well as movies. Add to your knowledge a bit.

Oct 22, 2003
MohammadLin said:
We can't yet make basic stuff, we are after uranium, I could never understand! just because it is called NUCLEAR facility and knowledge shouldn't make us proud of having it. If all these money were spent on building good research based infrustructure for universities, you know how much we would have achieved in the world of science, electronic/fiber technology, biotechnology, etc!
Aziz most of Iran's nuclear facilities are research based. If you go to any good university system they have a nuclear facility.

Oct 18, 2002
Jeebusville
MohammadLin said:
If all these money were spent on building good research based infrustructure for universities, you know how much we would have achieved in the world of science, electronic/fiber technology, biotechnology, etc!
That's interesting, considering the fact that you can't go a week without using radioactive isotope labeling assays [currently unavailable to Iranian scientists] in most bioresearch-oriented laboratories.

Oct 18, 2002
Jeebusville
keyvan_pars said:
science, industry and self-sufficiency also had a growth during hilter's reign...
we all know the results of that.
I hope you realize that this point of view is a fairly hard one to remain consistent with. If you are of the opinion that under non-ideal governance, a nation shouldn't progress in certain areas [with the possibility of future abuse in mind], then you shouldn't be able to hold that same government responsible for many of its related failures. Besides, better our hitlerites, than those of every other nation on this earth.

Oct 18, 2002
MohammadLin said:
Aziz, uranium facilities for what, if this is for the power plant, the damnned thing aint ready yet! They have been working on it for past decades!!!
I don't think the issue is about the Bushehr reactor. Iran is trying to implement full fuel cycle to be able to become a player in the nuclear fuel market. This whole business was started shortly after Uranium mines were disocvered in various parts of the country. The nuclear fuel market is lucrative, and the western powers do not want to let Iran in it, because they fear Iran might sell the nuclear materials to anybody who pays for it (potentially dangerous individuals and third world countries).

It may not be at all about Iran's own nuclear weapons. In all likelihoods, Iran has probably obtained nuclear warheads from former soviet republics or Pakistan years ago.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
MohammadLin said:
We can't yet make basic stuff, we are after uranium, I could never understand!
what do you mean "we can't yet make basic stuff"? What basic stuff are you talking about?

just because it is called NUCLEAR facility and knowledge shouldn't make us proud of having it. If all these money were spent on building good research based infrustructure for universities, you know how much we would have achieved in the world of science, electronic/fiber technology, biotechnology, etc!
same amount of money (if not more) has been and is being invested in other scientific fields as well with good results in all the fields you mentioned.

well the goal is to have everything ready at the same time as opposed to have the reactor ready and then wait another 20 years for its fuel.

And who is working on it now? Russian! how can we trust them! If it was Canadians, or Germen I wouldn't mind it, but Russian!
who is working on what? the reactor? that one reactor that Russia is building is nothing. The goal for the future is to have dozens of reactors (likely built by other nations you mentioned). Having a reactor without its fuel is as usefull as not having a reactor at all. Thus without a full fuel cycle Iran will be at the mercy of those who control the nuclear fuel who can continue to blackmail Iran in the future when the oil runs out.

MohammadLin

Bench Warmer
Aug 9, 2004
ashtar said:
what do you mean "we can't yet make basic stuff"? What basic stuff are you talking about?

same amount of money (if not more) has been and is being invested in other scientific fields as well with good results in all the fields you mentioned.

well the goal is to have everything ready at the same time as opposed to have the reactor ready and then wait another 20 years for its fuel.

who is working on what? the reactor? that one reactor that Russia is building is nothing. The goal for the future is to have dozens of reactors (likely built by other nations you mentioned). Having a reactor without its fuel is as usefull as not having a reactor at all. Thus without a full fuel cycle Iran will be at the mercy of those who control the nuclear fuel who can continue to blackmail Iran in the future when the oil runs out.

I'll try to give you a more thourough reply, but for now, regarding your last point. I think you need to study nuclear power plant a bit more, as well as advances in science. You talk in a way as if you know every single research going on the country, and have already compared it to the similar research going in other countries.

Even most Canadian research projects (except for medical research) are JOKES compared to that of the US research projects. And now you are telling me that we have spent equal money on the other ... Every year, I see several well talented students migrate to Canada, and get wasted in stupid research projects. I don't believe enough money is spent not even in the best Universities (like Sharif) otherwise we wouldn't see these people getting out of country.

As for nuclear power plant, first of all a reactor is not useless if there is no fuel for it. You can buy fuel, and as a matter of fact its fuel is not the fuel of motor HAFTAD to be finished in a day. If we are done with the power plant (reactor for your info. is a small part of a nuclear power plant which probably has the least electronic component). As I said, one thing I do not like about russian helping us build a nuclear power plant is that they don't have a mind set of SAFETY (or at least I don't trust them).
Every damnned thing in this power plant must be design with safety issues consideration. Every damnned circuit board, is triplicated for redundancy and safety issues, etc...

As I said, if I get a chance I'll explain a bit more. But I have one humble request, if you don't have enough knowledge about something, it is helpful to investigate a bit.