Happy New Year 1401

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Apparently, some lessons are very hard to learn!
And as soon as you diagree with him he labels you as pro this and anti that .
They can't tolerate your opinion if it doesn't match theirs and accuse of being a supporter of certain factions or political establishment , and yet they brag about lack of freedom and democracy yet they can't practice what they preach !🙄

Dec 30, 2014
And as soon as you diagree with him he labels you as pro this and anti that .
They can't tolerate your opinion if it doesn't match theirs and accuse of being a supporter of certain factions or political establishment , and yet they brag about lack of freedom and democracy yet they can't practice what they preach !🙄
I think Trump did a masterful job of wrecking US, European, and the world politics. Putin, Orban, Farage, Bolsonaro and dozens of other "leaders" are channeling their inner Trump.

His effects are showing up even on various forums; denying covid or its remedies, poopooing public health, questioning well understood science just because they are too illiterate to grasp it, promoting the disastrous (for UK) Brexit, and a general eagerness to reach for superficial answers to complex questions.

Whatever else you think of Trump, one should admit that he brilliantly understood and capitalized on the fact that a very large portion of people are just (Sorry there is really no charitable way to put it) plain STUPID.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
میگند سالی‌ که نکوست از بهارش پیداست
صبح ايت الله ري شهري مرده
ظهر ايت الله رودباري مرده
شب آيت الله فقيه مرده

بهاران خجسته باد

Feb 4, 2005
میگند سالی‌ که نکوست از بهارش پیداست
صبح ايت الله ري شهري مرده
ظهر ايت الله رودباري مرده
شب آيت الله فقيه مرده

بهاران خجسته باد
Looking forward to a geometric series with r > 1

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Well that is exactly your mistake. It's not about comparison with IRIB or IR at all. I refer to Oghab's example above.

The enemy of your enemy is not always your friend.
So I am acting as devil advocate, I want to understand the logic.
All these companies are private, and how they raise money is their choice, question is the outcome, are these programs danger to Iranians and not having them is more beneficial ? A channel like IranIntl in my honest opinion, follows all the journalism disciplines and very professional. What part of this channel bothers you so that you can say associate them with Iranian enemies that endanger Iranians ?

It is like If I go raise money for my private company from Saudi Arabia, is that wrong ? I just call it business as long as I don't produce something against Iranians.
World is run by money not emotions.

rahim

Elite Member
Oct 23, 2003
behbahan
Is there a totally financially independent media source that is recommended by the “patriot” , if not iran isn’t. Or Manoto where should people rely on for Farsi entertainment or news?

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Is there a totally financially independent media source that is recommended by the “patriot” , if not iran isn’t. Or Manoto where should people rely on for Farsi entertainment or news?
Or let's say they will want to do fund raising from Iranians, do you think that is enough funding ? The answer is most likely not.

Last edited:

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Well that is exactly your mistake. It's not about comparison with IRIB or IR at all. I refer to Oghab's example above.

The enemy of your enemy is not always your friend.
Oghab's example was laughable.

In what way is that example remotely similar? Who is the enemy of who? If you haven't understood that IR is the enemy of Iran and has destroyed the Iranian culture then you have lived on a completely different planet.

What does Manoto do? Does it bash Iran? No. Does it bash Iranian culture? No.
It celebrates it and brings it to millions of Iranians inside and outside Iran at a time when it needs it due to 43 years of IR trying to destroy it. When Iranian teams win in sports they celebrate it. So in what way are they the enemy of Iran?

Please give clear examples. The enemy of your enemy blah blah blah is just cliches. Please give clear examples of when these channels did something to bash Iran or Iranian culture. I really want to know.

This is why Oghab's analogy was completely off the mark too.

Last edited:

HalaMadrid

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver, Canada

In what way is that example remotely similar? Who is the enemy of who? If you haven't understood that IR is the enemy of Iran and has destroyed the Iranian culture then you have lived on a completely different planet.

It celebrates it and brings it to millions of Iranians inside and outside Iran. When Iranian teams win in sports they celebrate it. So in what way are they the enemy of Iran?

Please give clear examples. The enemy of your enemy blah blah blah is just cliches. Please give clear examples of when these channels did something to bash Iran or Iranian culture. I really want to know.

I mostly agree with this and other points @Iran-Esteghlal-Inter made, (before you read further, I have ZERO data to back this up, just my personal opinion)

However, one could argue, TV channels like ManoTo or IranInt are keeping the Iranians "busy" and act like a "Pressure relief valve". I once was watching Sali Talk, and there were videos people uploaded on the shit happening in Iran and the guy said "Maa darim mobareze mikonim enjoori baa Regime Jomhooriye Eslami" and Sali approved it and said this is great, something along those lines, is that "Mobareze"? uploading a known issue? we all know things cost alot, we all know infrastructure is next to zero in Iran? is just lowering the buildup pressure? In MY opinion, Mobaraze would be like having programs that united people, and gave them a direction to march towards, something to do, uploading video IN MY OPINION is NOT Mobareze ba Regime!

Is it their job (ManoTo or IranInt) to motivate people to do something? probably not, they are just a TV station, but with all the money they have, could they? would that not be better money spent?

I dont know really, at the end of the day, its their money and their TV and they can do whatever they want, I guess one could also argue, they could spend the money to start KELAS GHORAN AND ROZE khooni! bottom line is, the only question "I" have is, why would a country like Saudi Arabia care about starting a channel to provide entertainment for Iranian People? is there an agenda? maybe? maybe not?

Last edited:

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002

It celebrates it and brings it to millions of Iranians inside and outside Iran at a time when it needs it due to 43 years of IR trying to destroy it. When Iranian teams win in sports they celebrate it. So in what way are they the enemy of Iran?

When I also watched the Norouz show, I was like how wonderful this is and I was thinking how much potential Iranians have.
I mean look at the Norouz show in Iranian TV, despicable.

Last edited:

HalaMadrid

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver, Canada
When I also watched the Norouz show, I was like how wonderful this is and I was thinking how much potential Iranians have.
I mean look at the Norouz show in Iranian TV, despicable.
Agree, question remains though, why would a country like Saudi Arabia like to promote "how Wonderful Noruz is?" again there might not be anything behind the scenes, but I personally can not stop to wonder!

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Agree, question remains though, why would a country like Saudi Arabia like to promote "how Wonderful Noruz is?" again there might not be anything behind the scenes, but I personally can not stop to wonder!
Do you believe in principle of "you are innocent till proven guilty" ...
Prove me that they have malice against Iranians. If the proof doesn't exist, oh well !! If it does, then okay I accept that.
Again, I am acting as devil advocate :D
There are millions of dollars spent on intercultural art organizations in Canada and USA, with no really profit. Honestly,
I wouldn't spend that but the funding exist.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
So I am acting as devil advocate, I want to understand the logic.
All these companies are private, and how they raise money is their choice, question is the outcome, are these programs danger to Iranians and not having them is more beneficial ? A channel like IranIntl in my honest opinion, follows all the journalism disciplines and very professional. What part of this channel bothers you so that you can say associate them with Iranian enemies that endanger Iranians ?

It is like If I go raise money for my private company from Saudi Arabia, is that wrong ? I just call it business as long as I don't produce something against Iranians.
World is run by money not emotions.
If I want to start a new business to let's say sell cloths to young people and in the beginning I need a sponsor to start the business. So by your definition here, it doesn't matter who my sponsor is as long as I can sell nice cloths to the youth. Even if my sponsor happens to be a drug lord who ruins young people's lives.

That is an interesting opinion.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Prove me that they have malice against Iranians. If the proof doesn't exist, oh well !! If it does, then okay I accept that.
Again, I am acting as devil advocate :D
There are millions of dollars spent on intercultural art organizations in Canada and USA, with no really profit. Honestly,
I wouldn't spend that but the funding exist.
Yes I remember Ahmadinejad also wanted to have proof of the Jewish holocaust in the WWII. :D If you want to act as the devil's advocate, at least try to stay on facts.

siavash_8

Elite Member
Mar 26, 2006
این جاکش با امثالش که چهل سال تو جنگن با ایران و ایرانی ، همونجور که بهروز گفت بزرگترین دشمن من و تو هستن
حرومزاده ها کلا هیچ اعتقادی به نوروز و هفت سین و هر چی دیگه که برای یک ایرانی ارزش داره ندارن
اون پشت هم سفره هفت سینش هست که میبینی
4938540958095849.jpg
سفیر+سوئد.jpg

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
If I want to start a new business to let's say sell cloths to young people and in the beginning I need a sponsor to start the business. So by your definition here, it doesn't matter who my sponsor is as long as I can sell nice cloths to the youth. Even if my sponsor happens to be a drug lord who ruins young people's lives.

That is an interesting opinion.
Bikhial, no point, you are right.

HalaMadrid

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver, Canada
I do, hence why I made it clear "Is there an Agenda? Maybe, Maybe not" just like how a detective also investigate someone and asks question, there is a difference between coming to conclusion that someone is guilty vs asking questions.
I do not have any proof lol, or else I would be sure, but not saying you should care, but do you ask yourself why would Saudi Arabia is investing money to provide entertainment for Iranian people? Again, maybe there is ZERO agenda and they love Iranians and want us to keep our culture and be happy, maybe? who knows.