Happy New Year 1401

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Of course I am. As Pooya says, you always have to ask yourself, what's in it for the sponsor? The Saudis haven't just fell in love with Iranians in the UK or Dubai and wanted to help spreading the Iranian culture with open arms!
Again, everything you say is based on speculation. You have zero proof. Thank God you are not a judge !!

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Yes I remember Ahmadinejad also wanted to have proof of the Jewish holocaust in the WWII. :D If you want to act as the devil's advocate, at least try to stay on facts.
It's because the holocaust has been documented by historians and there is ample evidence that it happened including eyewitness testimony and the Nazi agenda for the final solution is well documented.

I don't think similar level of evidence exists for the agenda to use Manoto or IranInt to harm Iran or cause division amongst Iranians. Again I ask you, please provide examples and evidence.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
Well dude if you put 2 and 2 together you get 4 but it's a free world and if you like you can get 5 or 6 or anything you like !

But like our dear friend Goodday you can stick your head in snow like a quale and pretend no one can see ..😊
But wait a minute.
This is exactly what I did with the Nazanin Zaghari case and the debate over IR receiving weapons from outside during the war. Put 2 and 2 together. I even posted links for the latter.

But a few still believed the official IR line.

So who was putting his head in the snow there?

Last edited:

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
I mostly agree with this and other points @Iran-Esteghlal-Inter made, (before you read further, I have ZERO data to back this up, just my personal opinion)

However, one could argue, TV channels like ManoTo or IranInt are keeping the Iranians "busy" and act like a "Pressure relief valve". I once was watching Sali Talk, and there were videos people uploaded on the shit happening in Iran and the guy said "Maa darim mobareze mikonim enjoori baa Regime Jomhooriye Eslami" and Sali approved it and said this is great, something along those lines, is that "Mobareze"? uploading a known issue? we all know things cost alot, we all know infrastructure is next to zero in Iran? is just lowering the buildup pressure? In MY opinion, Mobaraze would be like having programs that united people, and gave them a direction to march towards, something to do, uploading video IN MY OPINION is NOT Mobareze ba Regime!

Is it their job (ManoTo or IranInt) to motivate people to do something? probably not, they are just a TV station, but with all the money they have, could they? would that not be better money spent?

I dont know really, at the end of the day, its their money and their TV and they can do whatever they want, I guess one could also argue, they could spend the money to start KELAS GHORAN AND ROZE khooni! bottom line is, the only question "I" have is, why would a country like Saudi Arabia care about starting a channel to provide entertainment for Iranian People? is there an agenda? maybe? maybe not?
These are good questions and I don't know. Why would a foreign country spend millions on something like this. I really want to know too and also want to know whether there is a metric for their influence, harm/good they cause.

To be honest, I avoid Manoto and Iran Int news and debates. I only watch some their cultural programmes and happy events. So I am not the best judge anyway.

My original point was about their Norouz show and how they uphold the Iranian traditions by filling the void left by IRIB.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
But wait a minute.
This is exactly what I did with the Nazanin Zaghari case and the debate over IR receiving weapons from outside during the war. Put 2 and 2 together. I even posted links for the latter.

But a few still believed the official IR line.

So who was putting his head in the snow there?
Don't know 😕, not me !
If you recall I said I don't know one way or the other...
And the thing is you don't know either, none of us ordinary folks do ..

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
These are good questions and I don't know. Why would a foreign country spend millions on something like this. I really want to know too and also want to know whether there is a metric for their influence, harm/good they cause.

To be honest, I avoid Manoto and Iran Int news and debates. I only watch some their cultural programmes and happy events. So I am not the best judge anyway.

My original point was about their Norouz show and how they uphold the Iranian traditions by filling the void left by IRIB.
I do the same as you ,watch the entertainment and skip the politics and news on their channels.

Dec 30, 2014
So, let me get this straight. Some here think that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is spending money, a lot of it, just to preserve and promote Iranian culture, out of the goodness of their hearts. Yeah, that makes sense.:unsure:

I know history is a passé thing here. But allow me:

The rulers of this Arabic peninsula have been trying to extinguish Iranian culture for literally 1400 years, ever since they figured their way out of the deserts. They violently suppressed the sporadic resistance that popped out all over Iran. They destroyed centers of learning, imposed their religion and their language in an attempt to wipe out the Persian culture. They succeeded in Levante, North Africa, but failed in Iran. The main remnant of their barbaric culture remains in the religion they imposed by force. A religion that, like the two other "Abrahamic religions", is really an outgrowth of their culture with a misogynistic, hateful, and vengeful god with violent tendencies. The thing y'all and many others hate about IR is its attempt to complete the job, which it has failed at.

And the current rulers of this peninsula, the Al-Saud family, who would be chasing lizards, were it not for an accident of geology, epitomize the hatred of this place for all things Iranian. And y'all think, yeah may be they are doing it out of the goodness of their heart.

You believe that there is a zero chance that the 1 in a million dual nationals who are arrested in Iran may actually be guilty of something, but believe in the benevolence of MBS.

OK then. Carry on.

Last edited:

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
So, let me get this straight. Some here think that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is spending money, a lot of it, just to preserve and promote Iranian culture, out of the goodness of their hearts. Yeah, that makes sense.:unsure:

I know history is a passé thing here. But allow me:

The rulers of this Arabic peninsula have been trying to extinguish Iranian culture for literally 1400 years, ever since they figured their way out of the deserts. They violently suppressed the sporadic resistance that popped out all over Iran. They destroyed centers of learning, imposed their religion and their language in an attempt to wipe out the Persian culture. They succeeded in Levante, North Africa, but failed in Iran. The main remnant of their barbaric culture remains in the religion they imposed by force. A religion that, like the two other "Abrahamic religions", is really an outgrowth of their culture with a misogynistic, hateful, and vengeful god with violent tendencies. The thing y'all and many others hate about IR is its attempt to complete the job, which it has failed at.

And the current rulers of this peninsula, the Al-Saud family, who would be chasing lizards, were it not for an accident of geology, epitomize the hatred of this place for all things Iranian. And y'all think, yeah may be they are doing it out of the goodness of their heart.

You believe that there is a zero chance that the 1 in a million dual nationals who are arrested in Iran may actually be guilty of something, but believe in the benevolence of MBS.

OK then. Carry on.
Well your historical background means nothing to me. Every country in universe has problems with neighboring countries. I also never said goodness of heart.
I just said you don't have any idea how these companies are run or if they are porfitable or not. Zero proof: you are just speculating based on your personal belief.

Because if I really want to destroy a country, I wouldn't put my money on Sally Talk LOL, makes zero sense. I would create a network to give directions to people or at least try to. In fact a channel like Voice of America is more close to what you are saying.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2014
Well your historical background means nothing to me. Every country in universe has problems with neighboring countries. I also never said goodness of heart.
I just said you don't have any idea how these companies are run or if they are porfitable or not. Zero proof: you are just speculating based on your personal belief.

Because if I really want to destroy a country, I wouldn't put my money on Sally Talk LOL, makes zero sense. I would create a network to give directions to people or at least try to. In fact a channel like Voice of America is more close to what you are saying.
History may mean nothing to you, but I assure you it has a lotto do with how things ended up where they are now. Next time you complain about the Islamic Republic, think about where that "Islamic" part comes from.

It is funny how you ask for proof but tend to make exaggerated broad claims (for example regarding crime stats in Iran vs the west) without any such proof.

Of course there is no proof on who is funding them, or if they are profitable or not, unless someone has inside information. But here are the facts :

1- No one knows who funds them or even who owns them. THAT should be a big clue. At least we know who owns BBC or VOA or TASS.
2- There is very little chance they are profitable, based on all the other channels that have come and gone. Do I have their income statement? NO. But I have been alive long enough and have seen enough businesses to speculate that they are not profitable.
3- It is a common practice to build a user-base for any service before monetizing it. Most tech companies do that now. May be they will monetize their viewership, but it has been a while and somebody sunk in a lot of money here. Or may be the monetizing occurs when they start pushing their agenda later.

In any case, it does not take a genius to figure out that something does not make sense.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
History may mean nothing to you, but I assure you it has a lotto do with how things ended up where they are now. Next time you complain about the Islamic Republic, think about where that "Islamic" part comes from.

It is funny how you ask for proof but tend to make exaggerated broad claims (for example regarding crime stats in Iran vs the west) without any such proof.

Of course there is no proof on who is funding them, or if they are profitable or not, unless someone has inside information. But here are the facts :

1- No one knows who funds them or even who owns them. THAT should be a big clue. At least we know who owns BBC or VOA or TASS.
2- There is very little chance they are profitable, based on all the other channels that have come and gone. Do I have their income statement? NO. But I have been alive long enough and have seen enough businesses to speculate that they are not profitable.
3- It is a common practice to build a user-base for any service before monetizing it. Most tech companies do that now. May be they will monetize their viewership, but it has been a while and somebody sunk in a lot of money here. Or may be the monetizing occurs when they start pushing their agenda later.

In any case, it does not take a genius to figure out that something does not make sense.
I mean funny enough, you target only two channels just because they have political shows.
How does MBC Persia make money ? How does GEM make money ? Tapesh ... list goes on and on.
I mean these channels are all watchable for free. They have to make money somehow !!

HalaMadrid

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver, Canada
I feel like I am repeating myself, but why do you keep asking for "proof"? proof is needed when an accusation is made NOT when a question is ASKED right? I can ask "Was Einstein a murderer?" Maybe? Maybe not. the moment i say "Einstein IS A murderer" Now I need proof because I am making a conclusion. I think we are getting mixed up here.

I am simply asking a question: What is in it for the Government of Saudi Arabia to fund these channels? Nothing? Everything? An Agenda? No Agenda? I am asking, I am not concluding.

I say it again, in MY OPINION, it is very odd for Saudi to all of a sudden care to provide entertainment for the people of Iran. Maybe there is NO Agenda, Maybe there is? WHO KNOWS, but it is worth asking the question at least no?
MBC Persia I am not sure, but GEM makes a lot of money with contracts from the Turkish/Dubai developer.
Also TV Stations like TAPESH and Shabkhiz do not need that much budget, the ads they have should be enough to cover the cost.(A guess of course).

Again, maybe the Saudi government is really nice and wants to keep the Persian culture going by funding the TV station like IranInt? if so, dameshoon garm, dasteshoon dard nakone!

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
I feel like I am repeating myself, but why do you keep asking for "proof"? proof is needed when an accusation is made NOT when a question is ASKED right? I can ask "Was Einstein a murderer?" Maybe? Maybe not. the moment i say "Einstein IS A murderer" Now I need proof because I am making a conclusion. I think we are getting mixed up here.

I am simply asking a question: What is in it for the Government of Saudi Arabia to fund these channels? Nothing? Everything? An Agenda? No Agenda? I am asking, I am not concluding.

I say it again, in MY OPINION, it is very odd for Saudi to all of a sudden care to provide entertainment for the people of Iran. Maybe there is NO Agenda, Maybe there is? WHO KNOWS, but it is worth asking the question at least no?
MBC Persia I am not sure, but GEM makes a lot of money with contracts from the Turkish/Dubai developer.
Also TV Stations like TAPESH and Shabkhiz do not need that much budget, the ads they have should be enough to cover the cost.(A guess of course).

Again, maybe the Saudi government is really nice and wants to keep the Persian culture going by funding the TV station like IranInt? if so, dameshoon garm, dasteshoon dard nakone!
Yes, isn't it funny how the burden of proof is suddenly on the shoulder of the accused? Whether it's the detainment of dual nationals or the funding of Iranian channels, those who are accused have to prove that the allegations aren't true. If I accuse you of stealing from me, I have to prove it. I can't say to you "prove that you didn't steam from me".

It's incredible really. I know that's how it works in the IR though so maybe it's hard to shake off that mentality.