Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Already started a thread because Holland's (interesting) line-up is known:

Cillessen
Kuijt de Vrij Vlaar Indi Depay
Wijnaldum Blind
Sneijder
Robben van Persie

a 5-3-2 with attacker Depay as LWB and attacker Kuijt as RWB. Kuijt already played there this World Cup, Depay's never played there in his life. But van Gaal doesn't expect much attacking danger from Costa Rica's flank, which is why he chose this. So we can expect a pretty attacking Holland team. As for Costa Rica, people didn't expect shit in the group either but they got 7 pts against Uruguay, Italy and England. So never count them out.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
For some unknown reason i want Louis van Gaal to do as well as possible in this tourney.

Come on Oranje

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
A flashback to Holland 5 Spain 1

Robin van Persie & Louis van Gaal practicing their celebration routine for upcoming Manchester United season.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Navas needs to be a hero again if CRC wants to have a shot at this. He needs to shut down two of the deadliest players RVP and Robben it's not going to be easy.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
You know if you forget about the communist red star CRC's flag is very similar to DPRK. Oh and I thought Russia's anthem was kind of long these guys have a long anthem as well.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
^^Upsets happen in sports Lake Placid USA defeated the big red machine the Soviet Union and won the gold in 1980.You had a bunch of guys who just got out of college and they went up against a professional team and I think in a friendly game USSR smacked USA like 7-1.Even the US coach said, "If we get lucky we will get the bronze, if we get a few breaks, the silver, forget about the gold, the USSR has the gold on lock." Even the US coach didn't believe they could win. If you want a soccer example 1998 Croatia shocked the world and beat Germany, led by Jurgen Klinsmann and Oliver Beerhoff. When Croatia won more people celebrated on the streets that day then when they won their independence haha. So what I am trying to say is upsets happen all the time.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I remember that hockey game , the whole games had this tension bcs of russia's invasion of afghanestan n carter boycotting the olympics in moscow
Well looks like you are a bit older than me I was not born I was born in 82 but I watched the game over and over and I watched all of USA's games. You are right there was major tension and USA needed that win. That was right after the Iran hostage crisis and tensions between USA and USSR was at an all time high. That was a feel good win for the American people they needed that W more than ever. Carter was a jackass for boycotting the Olympics if you ask me because a generation of athletes never got their chance to represent the US. You might only get one chance at it and those people got robbed.

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
ah all these passed balls which seem to gain momentum and go out of bounds!?
it just reminds me of karim bagheri and his balls which had just enough reverse spin to them that it fell in front of the receiving end with sort of a glory lol some times it even would back up toward the player as it hit the pitch!
yadesh be kheyr