how they will prepare: Group B

Spain's wealth isn't the strikers though... In any case I'm as worried or more worried about crying Ronnie and Guedes.
I don't mean they are weak but up front, they are toothless same dilemma in CB. been a long time that only both Pique and Ramos led the line and that's it. On the flanks they are ok. Aspas is the best Spanish goal scorer but lacks international games, at least Asensio and Lucas have played a lot of Champions League games. Rodrigo is alright but then again he is very inexperienced, btw DDG was at fault today while Iniesta was just amazing.
Diego Costa is the worst thing ever happened to Spanish football. he is the best definition of the word "Crap"
Big mistake by Lopetegui, I would call Morata and Pedro at any costs.

Last edited:

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
A guy like Costa will annoy and play dirty against Portuguese, Iranian and Moroccan defenders. He's a dirty player, but always gets away with crap. That's the whole reason he's there.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
Cheshmi Iran's high hope
With Jalal out of wc list, Cheshmi is the player Carlos will use to stop the never ending header attacks by the players in the picture.
Carlos has 10 days to turn Cheshmi from the def midfielder "Ghool e kond" (slow giant) to a central defender "mobile wall".
Cheshmi is 24, 192 high and plays for Esteghlal.
No matter how good he played and scored the only goal against UZB, or how bad he played and costed us both goals against TUR, he is our only option now.
So remember...We HAVE to support Roozbeh all the way.
Go Roozbeh Cheshmi. Go Team Melli.

Nov 29, 2002
I guess they like to have players who have had good seasons. That is quite meritocratic in some ways, Morata has had a shocking season at Chelsea and lots of abuse from their shit fans so his confidence will be at rock bottom.

Even though he is talented, I don't think its too controversial to leave him out in favour of players who have had good seasons.

I guess they like to have players who have had good seasons. That is quite meritocratic in some ways, Morata has had a shocking season at Chelsea and lots of abuse from their shit fans so his confidence will be at rock bottom.

Even though he is talented, I don't think its too controversial to leave him out in favour of players who have had good seasons.
So you're suggesting Costa ( aka waste of oxygen) had a better season? I can bet you he had more goals than this crap with my eyes closed.

Nov 29, 2002
So you're suggesting Costa ( aka waste of oxygen) had a better season? I can bet you he had more goals than this crap with my eyes closed.
Yes, bearing in mind that Costa only moved from Chelsea midway through the season, he had a better half-season than Morata's full season at Chelsea, and is credited by Griezmann and Simeone as such (mainly because his hold-up play freed Griezmann and Gameiro to do their thing, I imagine Spain would use him in a similar fashion). Poor Morata was destroyed by fans, media and his own teammates from beginning to end. He needs to have confidence back before playing in a competition as big as the world cup. However he is playing, Costa always has confidence...

Last edited:
Yes, bearing in mind that Costa only moved from Chelsea midway through the season, he had a better half-season than Morata's full season at Chelsea, and is credited by Griezmann and Simeone as such (mainly because his hold-up play freed Griezmann and Gameiro to do their thing, I imagine Spain would use him in a similar fashion). Poor Morata was destroyed by fans, media and his own teammates from beginning to end. He needs to have confidence back before playing in a competition as big as the world cup. However he is playing, Costa always has confidence...
dude, it was exactly the opposite. Correa and Vitolo provided him with acres of spaces since he got on the roster in January so he can get back to his routine. and you're suggesting in Spain, him as a 9 will be used to create and free up space for the like of Aspas and Asensio? Hmmm, interesting view.