how they will prepare: Group B

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
0-0 (80’) according to live score. Just a friendly reminder if you want to change your prediction in ‘how many goals we score’ thread

Nov 29, 2002
you guys remember who was the best Argentine player in the 90 minutes against us? It was Rojo, he kept coming at us and confusing our defenders again and again.

I think CQ's compact and disciplined Iran would stifle the midfielders and attackers of Spain, Portugal and Morocco but we just don't have the additional resources to deal with overlapping full-backs.

That's why Jordi Alba, who already provides a completely different option for Spain, could absolutely destroy us if we somehow manage to hold out Iniesta, Isco, Assencio etc....

Mendyl for Morocco and Pereira from Portugal might do the same...

Nov 29, 2002
dude, it was exactly the opposite. Correa and Vitolo provided him with acres of spaces since he got on the roster in January so he can get back to his routine. and you're suggesting in Spain, him as a 9 will be used to create and free up space for the like of Aspas and Asensio? Hmmm, interesting view.
I don't think he will start most matches, but he is an interesting plan B and i have a feeling they will use him against Iran to bully Cheshmi.

I don't think my view about Costa is too controversial. If you make a poll here to see who members would have taken - Costa or Morata and see which one wins, it might be interesting.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I don't think he will start most matches, but he is an interesting plan B and i have a feeling they will use him against Iran to bully Cheshmi.

I don't think my view about Costa is too controversial. If you make a poll here to see who members would have taken - Costa or Morata and see which one wins, it might be interesting.
I don't like him but Costa is a beast ,Morata is good too but this season he has been below par .

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
I can't wait to watch Spain vs Portugal. Fascinating to see whether Ramos will treat Ronaldo the way he treats all opposition teams best players i.e. like a savage animal, or whether he makes a special reduction for Ronaldo for being his club team mate.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
I can't wait to watch Spain vs Portugal. Fascinating to see whether Ramos will treat Ronaldo the way he treats all opposition teams best players i.e. like a savage animal, or whether he makes a special reduction for Ronaldo for being his club team mate.
As a Madrid fan I hope they both collide to each other and miss the next two games :)

Shahram

Elite Member
Oct 21, 2002
The Spaniards don't look invincible against Tunisia. They were shaky at times in the first half. Tunisia is playing a physical game against them. It worked in the first half. The Spaniards had possession 2/3 of the time, but no decent chances!

Last edited: