I don't understand why are Greens being so slow

ferdosi

Bench Warmer
Apr 21, 2004
The Greens facebook has already 67000 fans, that is alot of people to spread news. They did pretty good for 25 bahman within 5-6 days of mass informing. Why are they draging it???? Its time to set the date for the next demonstration. We have to head for "AZADI Square"....

My opinion for the best Final result

1) 7-10 days notice to spread the news and get people excited and ready for it
2)Iranian outside IRan have to start the first waves by mass demonstration Infront of Parliments, news agencies, Anywhere that will focous the MEdias Attention on IRAN on that particular date, The more Media attention the bigger becomes the hype and peoples excitment
3) ONE LOCATION IN TEHRAN and that is Azadi Square or as close as they can get to it, All Iranians WHO CAN from all accross Iran should try to be there, instead of each Iranins in their own town. For those who cant they should start the news that there will be a huge demonstration in the capital of that province.... Hopefully this way it will prevent IRI from brings in Sandiskhor from all acroos IRAN to TEHRAN. At the end of the day if TEHRAN falls, IRI falls.
4)I know alot of you will hate this, but demonstration HAVE to start as SILENT Demonstration to begin with. As soon as the core of the demonstration is bigger than 20000 people then they can start chanting. I was listenning to the news all night on 25th. As soon as someone start chanting the Thugs attacked. So make it easy do not chant untill there is a large enough crowed that wont be scared away by 50-100 thugs....

parham79

Bench Warmer
Dec 5, 2009
When they bring around half a million professional and motivated killers in the streets of tehran is is not easy to go out and protest. I think and i stress it's my personal view that unless the strikes begin and you can be sure you can get a million man protest, these skirmishes are not worthwhile.

Jun 18, 2005
Parham jan it would be a lot better if we did not exaggerate. Iranian protests are not as widespread and they do not include men and women from all sects of society equally.

Mostly when Iranians set a date to protest, they show up here and there and head back home at night.

and no I do not believe there are a half a million professional killers stationed on the streets of Tehran. That is an exaggeration. How many times have you seen videos of motorcycles scattering a group of protesters? Same thing happened in Egypt while Mubarak sent in camels. Did people flee? No, they attacked the camels and those on them and beat the crap out of them. That psyche is not there in Iran.

even if you look at Libya...they are getting bombarded in the worst possible fashion but still are not leaving the streets and insist on regime change. I just do not think Iranians are serious about a regime change.

parham79

Bench Warmer
Dec 5, 2009
There were by all account atleast 300,000 security forces in tehran in 1 esfand.This regime has something around or anything betwen 5 to 10 million hardcore loyal supporters who are willing to die for the system.As i said before it is either mass strikes to cripple the economy so their money dries up and they cant pay their thugs or the regular army sides with the people.

I think intime trikes will gather momentum but it might take a few years.The problem is the price of oil is going up right now meaning more money for the theives to plunder the country

Last edited:

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
When they bring around half a million professional and motivated killers in the streets of tehran is is not easy to go out and protest. I think and i stress it's my personal view that unless the strikes begin and you can be sure you can get a million man protest, these skirmishes are not worthwhile.
Thank you,exactly! Its easy to sit here and order ppl to sacrifice their lives for demonstrations that literally has no plans. Green movement demons is slowly evolving and has turned into a ritual, than a full-blown result-oriented revolutions like Egypt-Tunisia,etc. Its just a different platform. we cant compare that region with Iran's case at this point..

Parham jan it would be a lot better if we did not exaggerate. Iranian protests are not as widespread and they do not include men and women from all sects of society equally.

Mostly when Iranians set a date to protest, they show up here and there and head back home at night.

and no I do not believe there are a half a million professional killers stationed on the streets of Tehran. That is an exaggeration. How many times have you seen videos of motorcycles scattering a group of protesters? Same thing happened in Egypt while Mubarak sent in camels. Did people flee? No, they attacked the camels and those on them and beat the crap out of them. That psyche is not there in Iran.

even if you look at Libya...they are getting bombarded in the worst possible fashion but still are not leaving the streets and insist on regime change. I just do not think Iranians are serious about a regime change.
oh com'n Sina. have you eye-witnessed Iran's protests? as in being there?

I was there for 25 Bahman, and 3 hrs before protest begins the streets were Flooded with armed guards, Sepahi-Basijis cruising around, and their minivans parked in every intersection just waiting for ppl to show up.

so as scary as the scenes were, I really applaud those who show up for protests despite risking arrest-injury-death.
And Sepah's showcase didnt end that night..the day after they were occupying Tehran street in every corner although there was no protest.

Ive came to believe that our ppl need to get armed against these thugs..civilized protests against these bunch just doesnt work. Sepahis are very different than Mubarak's friendly military. these are inhuman thugs who do anything to their compatriots for the amount of $ they receive.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
This regime has something around or anything betwen 5 to 10 million hardcore loyal supporters who are willing to die for the system.
You think there is 10 Million Iranian who are willing to die for this regime !!! If this number is anywhere close to the truth, then these guys deserve to be runing the show in Iran for years to come.

Last edited:
May 12, 2007

Shayad khiaboon zamine unast. Bekeshideshoon to zamine khodetoon. Nazdike khone tanhaei peidashoon konid on vaght dige tokhm nemikonan.
علت حملات رژیم به موسوی و کروبی این است که ببیند ایا مردم به اندازه کافی ترسیده اند که کسی به دفاع عملی از انها بر نخیزد یا خیر. پاسخ جنبش به این سئوال تا بحال مثبت بوده است، همانطوریکه اقای سازگارا هم امروز جنبش را از ازاد کردن انها برحذر داشت. ترس بزرگترین مشکل جنبش ایران است. مردم لیبی بدون ترس با مزدوران مسلح و هواپیماهای جنگی روبرو می شوند، ولی مردم ایران از یک مشت بسیجی ساندیس خور موتورسیکلت سوار می ترسند

May 12, 2007
Nilo jan, In Iran before you go to demonstration you should write your vasyatname. Either don't go or go for fight.
Ive came to believe that our ppl need to get armed against these thugs..civilized protests against these bunch just doesnt work. Sepahis are very different than Mubarak's friendly military. these are inhuman thugs who do anything to their compatriots for the amount of $ they receive.
Exactly. You remember we to discussed this issue last year.

Jun 6, 2005
I doubt there were 300,000 in the streets to divert the protest...

Niloufar is right about the people can not fight these thugs without weapons, I been saying that since 2 years ago after all the killings we saw.
You can not have a peaceful demonstration against this regime, if that is what the green movement thinks then its a lost cause.

I highly doubt there are 10 million die hard regime supporters, if there are then that's the show stopper. Expect the regime to be in power for years to come.

Now what is interesting, there was a CNN interview with George Soros last week and he gave a timeline of a year for this regime. Obviously he knows something and maybe even involved in the regime change as well.

2011 to 2012 will be an interesting timeline for Iran. Anything can happen.

May 12, 2007
BTW:
They don't have 5-10 million supporter who will fight perhaps at most 500,000.
But they can hire 5-10 million for smaller missions. Like demonstrations or spying.

perspolis ny

Bench Warmer
Mar 4, 2005
BTW:
They don't have 5-10 million supporter who will fight perhaps at most 500,000.
But they can hire 5-10 million for smaller missions. Like demonstrations or spying.
I agree with you, but ferdos is right. let's say 10 million people are with the regime
(supporters, basijis, demonstrators)

what about the other 59 million, are they against IR, don't care or none of the above? or they just don't want to
get involved.

Oct 18, 2002
In my opinion the movement needs to get beyond Student and the young who are prominent in these demonstrations. This is very much like the time in late 70's when the movement was kick started by student and then spread to the masses. With the sudden rise of costs in Iran and the fact that so many people have lost government subsidies, we will soon see the regular Joes that will take the street. When we could mass that sort of deep support, then the fight might take on a different look. For now, it is easier for the government forces to clamp down on the demonstrations. When the poor people start to rise (because they have no other option) then the shit will hit the fan.

I have said for many moons that these tugs will not have sympathy or care about who they beat or kill. With these animals there is no debating or talking. But the students are not wired to fight these tugs and are badly outgunned.

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
You think there is 10 Million Iranian who are willing to die for this regime !!! If this number is anywhere close to the truth, then these guys deserve to be runing the show in Iran for years to come.
Shahin Jaan,

In a way it is true. Maybe around a couple of millions.
Mind you, they are not willing to die for regime necessarily because of their idealogy. They are willing to do so because of survival factor. Their lives are so tied to regime like Bathis of Iraq some of whom still fight against the US or new government in Iraq.
There are others who are not that hardcore supporters and are willing to drop their support by change of wind. However, at the moment, IRI has money and everythign at their disposal and gives away to them to keep them.

On the other side, I am not in Iran to judge it but by guessing from what I hear and see, people are not yet willing to make sacrifices in a dramatic way as in Lybia or elsewhere. Maybe they are awaiting for some moment of truth or maybe because of the experience of 1979 and that they do not see a clear picture of what is to come.
However, despite all that, they still do make a presence and they do make sacrifices like those in 25th of Bahman and 1st of Esfand or those in early post election days. Anyway, I am not able to say LENGESH KON from afar... I really wish them to be safe and sound as well as free. Not sure how those 3 things I wish are going to realize together!

parham79

Bench Warmer
Dec 5, 2009
Shayad khiaboon zamine unast. Bekeshideshoon to zamine khodetoon. Nazdike khone tanhaei peidashoon konid on vaght dige tokhm nemikonan.
علت حملات رژیم به موسوی و کروبی این است که ببیند ایا مردم به اندازه کافی ترسیده اند که کسی به دفاع عملی از انها بر نخیزد یا خیر. پاسخ جنبش به این سئوال تا بحال مثبت بوده است، همانطوریکه اقای سازگارا هم امروز جنبش را از ازاد کردن انها برحذر داشت. ترس بزرگترین مشکل جنبش ایران است. مردم لیبی بدون ترس با مزدوران مسلح و هواپیماهای جنگی روبرو می شوند، ولی مردم ایران از یک مشت بسیجی ساندیس خور موتورسیکلت سوار می ترسند
So you're ok seeing people being shot in protests that are not even remotely going to threaten he regimes hold? It's time or a direction a soloution. People should not just lose their lives in vaine.Every Iranian is a treseaure and every death is a national tragedy.

I would love to see Dr Mousavi call for mass strikes and million man marches in the big cities. I would love to see a interm goverment being porposed and formed so our people have a idea whats next.If those things happen, millions will join the movement.

Jun 18, 2005
I do not think there are even 50,000 living in Iran willing to die for the regime or vice versa. Those Basiji guys if they see things are spiraling out of control will melt into the population and will open a liquor store or a strip club joint. This regime does not necessarily have a religious backing to it anymore.

I just do not think there are enough people willing to actually die for this regime to change. It is going to take 500-1000 heroes to get it done. Yes, I understand people go out on the street to protest but they are not walking out there to die or get arrested, so they do not confront the basijis and they are very cautious.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
Shahin Jaan,

In a way it is true. Maybe around a couple of millions.
Mind you, they are not willing to die for regime necessarily because of their idealogy. They are willing to do so because of survival factor. Their lives are so tied to regime like Bathis of Iraq some of whom still fight against the US or new government in Iraq.
!
Ref Aziz

You could be right but I still don't think the number is that high. The Keyword here is " WILLING TO DIE" and I think that is a big commitment.

You would be surprised to know how many of these rich baboons with ties to the regime and regime officials also enjoy the benefit of having a 2nd residence and businesses in Europe, Canada and US.

Many of these guys have made their money and are already ready to pack the bags and use their Canadian, Australian and ... passport and start a new life in west and east.

May 12, 2007
I agree with you, but ferdos is right. let's say 10 million people are with the regime
(supporters, basijis, demonstrators)

what about the other 59 million, are they against IR, don't care or none of the above? or they just don't want to
get involved.
Ok here is my answer. Last year more than 3 million protestors showed up in Tehran. This year there were hardly
100.000 according to reports. One resean is that People don't believe in demonstrations any more! another is IRI
has become better in dealing with protests. They don't let they protestors grow in number.

Dec 12, 2002
usa
all those uprisings in north africa and ME would have positive effect on iran's green movement, as a matter of fact it is kinda help from heaven for our people .
who would have thought that puppet gaddafi'regime would be on verge of elimination that fast .
definitely akhounds and sepah are losing some sleep on that ,they can clearly see their fate in near soon as well .
the difference like i said before is that the people in egypt,lybia .... have to to deal with one ,but in iran's case there a few enitities and pressure groups they have to face off .

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
correct me if i am wrong , but why do you guys refer to GREEN MOVEMENT as "Regime Change" isnt the leaders of Green Mousavi and Karoubi? EX Prime minister (elected by Khomeyni) and ex Rayeese Majlis ??? i could be wrong but GREEM Movement is more a REFORM than a "Regime Change" i think.

ball_hugger

Bench Warmer
Feb 11, 2005
I think lack of a clear goal is probably our biggest problem.. things are just not clear enough for alot of people to make the jump! Moussavi and karroubi want to or act like they want to reform the regime and there is no other leader or some entity that is setting the goals for everyone and that plus the bad experience with the 1979 revolution has kept most people on the sidelines.

If all opposition groups could unite and set a clear goal of free elections under U.N. supervision and a new constitution to be formed by the elected government than we could talk some business... until than people are not going to be willing to go die for the unknown.