I made the cover of a poker magazine!

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Sheykhan is a low life and I was ashamed to see the way he was acting on TV a few times. Farsheed jaan it’s an honor to have you amongst us and congratulations on your victory. I have known Farzad Bonyadi for 4-5 years as we play soccer together and he is a true gentleman and one of the best players out there. I always have questions for him as I watch a lot of poker but only recently got into playing so his views are always appreciated. We were having a discussion the other day and he brought up this point that these days there are a bunch of young kids who were initially playing online and won a lot of money and have a big bank roll and with that they play very aggressively instead of playing the game systemically. Some will lose everything in this manner and will have to start all over again. This is not to say that they are not good players but looking at it in a long term sense it is too risky just being very aggressive. Are you currently in Vegas playing in the main event?

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
Sheykhan is a low life and I was ashamed to see the way he was acting on TV a few times. Farsheed jaan it’s an honor to have you amongst us and congratulations on your victory. I have known Farzad Bonyadi for 4-5 years as we play soccer together and he is a true gentleman and one of the best players out there. I always have questions for him as I watch a lot of poker but only recently got into playing so his views are always appreciated. We were having a discussion the other day and he brought up this point that these days there are a bunch of young kids who were initially playing online and won a lot of money and have a big bank roll and with that they play very aggressively instead of playing the game systemically. Some will lose everything in this manner and will have to start all over again. This is not to say that they are not good players but looking at it in a long term sense it is too risky just being very aggressive. Are you currently in Vegas playing in the main event?
Thank you for your kind words. I WAS playing in the main event, but was knocked out on a hand that a better player would have laid down. With about 15 BB, I had KQ of hearts on the sb and raised to 3 bb, the bb called. flop was KQJ. I bet 4 bb, and he called. My read was he either has a 10, A or both. If he has both, I am screwed and have 4 outs, if he has one, he is on a draw and I must get him to fold or pay for a draw, so I shoved. He called with AT, and I was out :( I did win a satellite for the bellagio main event which will start on Friday

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Dank... That's a tough one to lose. Sorry to hear that. Good to see that you are in the Bellagio one. Please keep us posted with any good news or advances to the final table.

Oct 18, 2010
Thank you for your kind words. I WAS playing in the main event, but was knocked out on a hand that a better player would have laid down. With about 15 BB, I had KQ of hearts on the sb and raised to 3 bb, the bb called. flop was KQJ. I bet 4 bb, and he called. My read was he either has a 10, A or both. If he has both, I am screwed and have 4 outs, if he has one, he is on a draw and I must get him to fold or pay for a draw, so I shoved. He called with AT, and I was out :( I did win a satellite for the bellagio main event which will start on Friday
that's aggressive playing allright.

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
Good first day at the Bellagio. I have 103k chips and the average is about 58. I was up to 200k, but lost about 90k in a hand with my AA vs 22 with a flop that had a 2. Horrible play by the other guys to all me preflop, even worst play by me for not laying down my AA when he went all in.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
That's the thing. There are some idiots that just go all the way in with such hands and get sooo lucky. So basically this guy doubled up to 180 when he did have a pretty good chip count before his all in. Farsheed jaan what is your take on playing such a hand against him? AA is super strong to continue with and isn't true that you have to take advantage in certain situations where you have the stronger hand? But looking at it mathematically I do agree with you that you should of laid it down and play it more conservative and bet higher after the flop. I appreciate your input on this. Please keep us updated.

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
That's the thing. There are some idiots that just go all the way in with such hands and get sooo lucky. So basically this guy doubled up to 180 when he did have a pretty good chip count before his all in. Farsheed jaan what is your take on playing such a hand against him? AA is super strong to continue with and isn't true that you have to take advantage in certain situations where you have the stronger hand? But looking at it mathematically I do agree with you that you should of laid it down and play it more conservative and bet higher after the flop. I appreciate your input on this. Please keep us updated.
I absolutely should have laid it down, after all, I only had top pair. It was a bad play on my part. The main reason I made the bad call was that the same guy had made big calls on the river three times, and folded all three times after the other person showed top pair. My correct conclusion was that he is a really weak player. But his weakness was making horrible calls, he had never made bad raises before. I should have paid attention to that and folded.

We play day 4 today. There are 19 players left, 18 get paid, average is about 260k, I have 407k

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
I ended up taking 6th place for $50k. A somewhat disappointing end to a great run, but I guess I should be happy.

I was the chip leader with 6 players, and lost 3/4 of my chips in the following hand.

I raise with 78 of D, two callers. Flop is 5d 6d and a 3 of clubs. I bet 3/4 of a pot, and one guy calls me. the turn the ten of Diamonds. I have my flush! I bet pot size. He calls. I am feeling very good, I don't want to see another diamond, unless it 4 or or 9. The river is a 3 of Diamonds. I check, he makes a relatively small bet of 1/3 the pot. I make the crying call, He has two queens including the queen of diamonds :( He hit a 7 outer after slow playing his hand to death.

oh well :(

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
That's a really hard one to lose. You had the straight flush draw and the guy was holding a queen. 6th place is still good as these hands do happen. When is the next tournament that you will be playing in?