{Important} Please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
My guess would be that the reason for this could be to protect the identity/security of the members who post here as 99% are against the regim and so that not any filthy hezi basiji bastard wont be able to come here and get access to everything. This is my take of it, but Im not sure.
Many who post here do it to spread the news as much as possible. They do that NOT only for few members here but for every Iranian who has dificulty to find news online and from different sources.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Nilou jan, I am not worse than Mortazavi, I AM mortazavi :D
Lol oh I know that Already dear,tell me something new!;)

seriously sometimes I think it would be a really good idea if isp shuts down the whole website for a week(so u guys go to other forums and see how opinions r not tolerated there,get banned from there n realize what a democratic(at least isp admins try their best to be democratic) community isp is..unvaght be eltemas bioftin and know isp staffs' free dedication here more..

Seriously we Iranians most of the times should be treated like Reza khan did, to realize one's worth without making wrong accusations and judgments..sad but its just in our flawed culture..:(

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
seriously sometimes I think it would be a really good idea if isp shuts down the whole website for a week(so u guys go to other forums and see how opinions r not tolerated there,get banned from there n realize what a democratic(at least isp admins try their best to be democratic) community isp is..unvaght be eltemas bioftin and know isp staffs' free dedication here more..
LOL, Now, you sound like some frineds who always compare the injustice in Iran to West and are like: " Look, what happens in west and ....".

Don't you think, it would have been much better if ISP, would give the reason at the first post under this thread while giving everyone the news !!

Oct 18, 2002
Dear All,

Effective immediately, users need a minimum of 100 posts to view this forum and 200 to post in it.

Thank you,
ISP Admin
But why?!!!
This is the forum that had nearly 1700 viewers at one time in the days after the election (according to your own stats on the main forum page), mostly guests I am sure. In fact if the stats on that page is right on average 90% of viewers are guests. This change would effectively crush the viewership to less than 10% of its current. It would be great if the reasons for this strange decision are shared with the community.

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
Well would u mind mention EXACTLY(dont talk vaguely plz bring specific links and examples where isp admins have made poor decisions(in ur opinion poor decision) and have u tried ask Admins Directly in Q&A forum? that Admins pir shodan az bas khahesh kardan az hameh to ask them any question complaint and concern in that forum and they will respond to u there directly.

So until u Specifically mention in which thread and with what action Isp admins have done a poor job, Im sorry I have to only say "ur claim that Isp is becoming like a dictatorship is nonsense and pure wrong accusation( bc in fact they try their best to give complete freedom n tolerance to anyone to post any political statement here)
Well, I didn't say dictatorship, I said apartheid! And those who follow ISP closely should know why I say that. If they don't, then I'd prefer not to make them aware of what I see as a problem.

BTW, I did ask ISP about my concern (granted it wasn't in Q&A forum) but never got an answer.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Lol oh I know that Already dear,tell me something new!;)

Seriously we Iranians most of the times should be treated like Reza khan did, to realize one's worth without making wrong accusations and judgments..sad but its just in our flawed culture..:(
Nilou jan, I concur. This is exactly the point I was making to you not long ago when you accused some of the Iranian TV channels of being IR supporters. So it's the way all of us behave and think some times which is the problem. It's not just one or two ;)

Personally I would not 'eltemaas' for such things as you mention but other may do so.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
Pleeeeeaaaase admins. I think there is more harm in doing this then benefit but i don't know what the benefit is so could you please explain what good is coming from this?
But why?!!!
This is the forum that had nearly 1700 viewers at one time in the days after the election (according to your own stats on the main forum page), mostly guests I am sure. In fact if the stats on that page is right on average 90% of viewers are guests. This change would effectively crush the viewership to less than 10% of its current. It would be great if the reasons for this strange decision are shared with the community.

Now you are both being little Mortazavis! How dare you question something without first being told everything!!!?

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
Many who post here do it to spread the news as much as possible. They do that NOT only for few members here but for every Iranian who has dificulty to find news online and from different sources.
Yeah, well I didnt say that I agree or disagree with the decision, just what I thought might be the reason for this decision.

Don't you think, it would have been much better if ISP, would give the reason at the first post under this thread while giving everyone the news !
THIS, I agree with.

Jun 18, 2005
Well since Pooya thanks a post that suggested this move was done to protect the identity of ISP members, here is my say..

We knew the risks before we committed to posting and providing the news on Iran. Please take things back to how they were before it is too late.

and Niloufar, why should the ISP make these moves without consulting its members first? :9:

Apr 10, 2003
Vaay bar manke living in USA and still be affraid of Ishalic Republic? yani khak bar sare man konand. Really looking at all these videos from Iran and how people risk their lives; then I am behind my computer thousands miles away and still be afraid of them?

I wait for the admins to tell us the reasoning. If it is safety? Might have other reasons.

anoush

Bench Warmer
Aug 14, 2004
i think its a sad state of affairs that iranians go out in the streets and risk getting their heads licked off and somehow we need our identity protected online for posting news and opinions

my dad cant read this site any more thanks isp

nimnimak_11

Bench Warmer
Aug 6, 2009
Now you are both being little Mortazavis! How dare you question something without first being told everything!!!?
Relax
It's a question itself why we were not told everything at the begining of this thread. This isn't to say that they've done something wrong by not explaining the reasons for this as it's their choice completely but i thought it a fair question to ask and so I dared to ask. Sometimes you have to question to get told everything. Did what i asked harm or insult anyone??

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
Relax
It's a question itself why we were not told everything at the begining of this thread. This isn't to say that they've done something wrong by not explaining the reasons for this as it's their choice completely but i thought it a fair question to ask and so I dared to ask. Sometimes you have to question to get told everything. Did what i asked harm or insult anyone??
Sorry nimnimak jan, but have you ever heard of sarcasm?

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Vaay bar manke living in USA and still be affraid of Ishalic Republic? yani khak bar sare man konand. Really looking at all these videos from Iran and how people risk their lives; then I am behind my computer thousands miles away and still be afraid of them?

I wait for the admins to tell us the reasoning. If it is safety? Might have other reasons.
ok guys, seems like some of u are very out of touch about how things work in Iran. did u know (politically active)ppl(living here) who have families back home, have actually got their families into trouble by just posting online(in the past 9 months)?

did u know that when u send an informational email(22 Bahman,etc) to ur family/friends to their EMAIL, Iran now has done so and has full capacity to trace ur family's IP Address in Iran, therefore their home address, and have arrested many like that(just for receiving an email they werent asked for) in the past 9 months?

well if u dont know, just read the articles/twitter/etc..its the truth and a scary truth..

So before accusing ISP's Dedicated and democratic staff(I know bc Ive proudly worked in their team up until few days ago), know the personal dangers they possibly have to go through by just running ISP forum as the way it is in this critical time..

now try to read through these lines(I mentioned above) carefully and put the puzzle together before accusing ISP of anything they dont deserve to be called that way.

thanks for ur understanding,

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005

You know something zirak? Last time there was this big thing in Iran and I called and talked to my family, my brother told me they had been followed all day by police, his arm was all brused ( he is just 14 !!! )and my dad had cutted his hand because he had to break into a house in order to flew from the police. Then the motherfuckers (I dont care about my language, sorry), had sprayed on our house so they could get them later. Do you know how I felt when I was hearing all that from the other side of the world not being able to do anything?? At that point, I am not the LEAST afraid of myself, but the only reason I protect my identity is because I am afraid of my family and I dont want to be linked to them and do them more harm than good.

With that being said, this might not even be the reason for this ruling, so we have to wait and see.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
Nilou jan, before I forget, I do know of a few places where you can say a lot without getting banned. In fact I know of an Iranian forum with much higher tolerance and if you want, and before you tell me to eff off there if it's better, I can post you the link but unfortunately the rules here wouldn't allow it ;)

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Nilou jan, before I forget, I do know of a few places where you can say a lot without getting banned. In fact I know of an Iranian forum with much higher tolerance and if you want, and before you tell me to eff off there if it's better, I can post you the link but unfortunately the rules here wouldn't allow it ;)
loool,jeeesus Behrouz its NOT about getting banned. its NOT about ISP's policy. its about some1 somewhere checking/tracing identity of those who post political post here..jeeesus how slow Iranian men can get?!lol

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
You know something zirak? Last time there was this big thing in Iran and I called and talked to my family, my brother told me they had been followed all day by police, his arm was all brused ( he is just 14 !!! )and my dad had cutted his hand because he had to break into a house in order to flew from the police. Then the motherfuckers (I dont care about my language, sorry), had sprayed on our house so they could get them later. Do you know how I felt when I was hearing all that from the other side of the world not being able to do anything?? At that point, I am not the LEAST afraid of myself, but the only reason I protect my identity is because I am afraid of my family and I dont want to be linked to them and do them more harm than good.

With that being said, this might not even be the reason for this ruling, so we have to wait and see.
BINGO! gotta love ur smartness dude! thank u. and so sorry btw for what ur family had to go through in Iran..

some1 finally got what I tried to say!

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
ok guys, seems like some of u are very out of touch about how things work in Iran. did u know (politically active)ppl(living here) who have families back home, have actually got their families into trouble by just posting online(in the past 9 months)?

did u know that when u send an informational email(22 Bahman,etc) to ur family/friends to their EMAIL, Iran now has done so and has full capacity to trace ur family's IP Address in Iran, therefore their home address, and have arrested many like that(just for receiving an email they werent asked for) in the past 9 months?

well if u dont know, just read the articles/twitter/etc..its the truth and a scary truth..

So before accusing ISP's Dedicated and democratic staff(I know bc Ive proudly worked in their team up until few days ago), know the personal dangers they possibly have to go through by just running ISP forum as the way it is in this critical time..

now try to read through these lines(I mentioned above) carefully and put the puzzle together before accusing ISP of anything they dont deserve to be called that way.

thanks for ur understanding,
loool,jeeesus Behrouz its NOT about getting banned. its NOT about ISP's policy. its about some1 somewhere checking/tracing identity of those who post political post here..jeeesus how slow Iranian men can get?!lol
Ok, so that's the official reason then.
Thanks for (finally) letting us know!

Jun 18, 2005
Thanks for the scary stories Niloufar.

Now can we go back to how things were?

Aslan midooni chie? Why do not you make a separate forum which could be viewed by guests and non-members. I will volunteer to post there myself and make me the moderator there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.