{Important} Please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Ok, so that's the official reason then.
Thanks for (finally) letting us know!
lol,seriously ur one slow guy, eh?!khodemoonim!!lol (be khanoomet ham ghol midam nagam! :D )

now before I let u go, "Apologize" for making fast and WRONG judgment about ISP's decision in this thread without knowing the reason. Apologize now, or else I swear I'll take the next flight to England and knock u out with my karate kick(so u'll be technically disabled for rest of ur life!lool ).

Im actually serious! I want you, and judgmental Iranian men like you to be held accountable and "apologize" when they assume something wrongly without knowing the full story..

anoush

Bench Warmer
Aug 14, 2004
I think its relatively simple for ordinary users to preserve their anonymity on a internet forum

there must be another reason behind it maybe to do with too much bandtraffic / megabytes etc. technical stuff probly to do with the internet and computers

Apr 10, 2003
So the reason is for our family safety? I am not out of touch and I did NOT accuse any of you for anything. I just wanted to know the reason. Ok so what you are telling us since June because we have been posting here we are putting our families in danger?

It is your forum and you guys can do as you wish.

ok guys, seems like some of u are very out of touch about how things work in Iran. did u know (politically active)ppl(living here) who have families back home, have actually got their families into trouble by just posting online(in the past 9 months)?

did u know that when u send an informational email(22 Bahman,etc) to ur family/friends to their EMAIL, Iran now has done so and has full capacity to trace ur family's IP Address in Iran, therefore their home address, and have arrested many like that(just for receiving an email they werent asked for) in the past 9 months?

well if u dont know, just read the articles/twitter/etc..its the truth and a scary truth..

So before accusing ISP's Dedicated and democratic staff(I know bc Ive proudly worked in their team up until few days ago), know the personal dangers they possibly have to go through by just running ISP forum as the way it is in this critical time..

now try to read through these lines(I mentioned above) carefully and put the puzzle together before accusing ISP of anything they dont deserve to be called that way.

thanks for ur understanding,

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
So the reason is for our family safety? I am not out of touch and I did NOT accuse any of you for anything. I just wanted to know the reason. Ok so what you are telling us since June because we have been posting here we are putting our families in danger?

sorry if that sounded offensive family-zirak jan, didnt meant to. just wanted to be as clear as possible without adding more danger to those identities..

about ur question, it is possible. but its more dangerous to those who actually repeatedly mention their location, email, about their families in Iran,and those who provide services to this community.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
I think its relatively simple for ordinary users to preserve their anonymity on a internet forum

there must be another reason behind it maybe to do with too much bandtraffic / megabytes etc. technical stuff probly to do with the internet and computers
So far the only reason that was given Anoush Jan, was by Nilofar above which suggest that ISP can be monitored by IR and people who post or are in chage can get into trouble :)

So How about the IR agents who are active among us and have over 100 post already :)

And also, how easy is it to create a new account ( assuming one wants to monitor ISP) and have 100 post under it ?? How long does that take ? Is there a limit on number of posts that a new member can make a day ??

Anyway, I really hope this is NOT the reason.

At the end how nice it would have been if the original post under this thread was like this:

Dear All,

Effective immediately, due to :
Reason A
Reason B
Reason C
users need a minimum of 100 posts to view this forum and 200 to post in it. We apologize for any Inconvenience that this may cause and appreciate you support and cooperation. If you still have any question or concerns, do not hesitate to contact ISP admins

Thank you,
ISP Admin

Last edited:

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Nilou, you sound frustrated, calm down dear ;)

Now go read the first post I made on this thread and since you claim to be more 'intelligent' and us not so, decide for yourself whether what I said was judgmental.

By the way, resorting to questioning other people's intelligence and calling them slow is quite childish. If you are unable to have a discussion in which you do not resort to such tactics then please refrain from any at all.

The decision in question was not one which is obvious to most people as you can see from the response made by many others. But if to you it's a sign of a lack of intelligence then please have the decency to keep it to yourself. It really doesn't show you in a good light either.

For someone who goes around judging others without knowing the full facts on a daily basis (there are a few example of you doing that recently), you really must learn a few things about adaab va moasherat. So loool back at you for talking about judgmental Iranian men ;)

p.s. I do NOT intend to apologise for anything as I haven't said anything that warrants it.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2003
Thanks for sharing. I wonder how long a go this was? because they used sprays long time a go, now they run over people.

You know something zirak? Last time there was this big thing in Iran and I called and talked to my family, my brother told me they had been followed all day by police, his arm was all brused ( he is just 14 !!! )and my dad had cutted his hand because he had to break into a house in order to flew from the police. Then the motherfuckers (I dont care about my language, sorry), had sprayed on our house so they could get them later. Do you know how I felt when I was hearing all that from the other side of the world not being able to do anything?? At that point, I am not the LEAST afraid of myself, but the only reason I protect my identity is because I am afraid of my family and I dont want to be linked to them and do them more harm than good.

With that being said, this might not even be the reason for this ruling, so we have to wait and see.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Nilou Jaan - Dokhtar e Gol
please don't treat us like children. This is not a decesion you or Pooya made. I commend ISP decesion makers for the courage they have shown so far - don't you think we know they may be under all kinds of pressure? Whatever ISP does is OK with me - because after all they don't owe us or anyone anything. In fact there is a ton going on that even the admins may not know and should not know. As Behrooz said there are other terminals me and most others are also involved with, but whatever you do - don't pull a PARS TV on us !! Pars TV goes out of commission and off-air at critical times (such as 22 Behman cooming) and every time their presence may be useful!! ISP's presence is always useful.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa

family zirak jan, it's your own fault for being slow and unintelligent. And this is not me saying this. This is the official reasoning given by ISP.

Now you also owe an apology for thinking your family's life is in danger in Iran, even though no one knows your name.

Apr 10, 2003
sorry if that sounded offensive family-zirak jan, didnt meant to. just wanted to be as clear as possible without adding more danger to those identities..

about ur question, it is possible. but its more dangerous to those who actually repeatedly mention their location, email, about their families in Iran,and those who provide services to this community.
You are fine. If I may say, all this discussion could have been more useful and some avoided if members knew the reason behind it and then they could discuss it better. At the same time I fully understand that all you guys have jobs and need to.....

In any case speaking of safety, is it safe for Iranpaak (Khiabani) and Mashti to reports ESES vs PESPES game? :)

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
Thanks for sharing. I wonder how long a go this was? because they used sprays long time a go, now they run over people.
Its a long time ago, its from that time when there were first peaceful protests and then the crackdown began for the first time. My mother also told me at that time some of the neighbors took note of the people in our area that was saying allah o akbar at night and reported them. These things kind of play with your mind if you know what I mean, especially when you have the dearest thing in your life (your family) in the middle of the game.

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
ok guys, seems like some of u are very out of touch about how things work in Iran. did u know (politically active)ppl(living here) who have families back home, have actually got their families into trouble by just posting online(in the past 9 months)?

thanks for ur understanding,
Since you're very much in touch with how things work in Iran, why do you allow people post pictures and videos of those who demonstrate in Iran? What about all the "bad o birah" that many have already sent Rahbar's way before this policy? Also, as others have asked, how is this policy really going to help?

If people don't want their identity known, maybe we should ban threads like this: [ame="http://forums.iransportspress.com/showthread.php?t=63855"]Let me know you guys better... - Community - IranSportsPress.com[/ame]

If ISP has noticed anything suspicious, I think the first thing they should do is to let everyone know so they can be careful. 100 post limit does not care of any problem.

Apr 10, 2003
We are bunch of Daft people here and we all know that. :)

I hope I have not offended anyone.

I propose Niloufar has to Az dele Behrooz daraare and Be Super nice to him for next 10 days. Anything Behrooz wishes. Also accept whatever Alila suggests on top of being nice.

I think it is totally fair. Behrooz inja mazloom vagheh shodeh.

family zirak jan, it's your own fault for being slow and unintelligent. And this is not me saying this. This is the official reasoning given by ISP.

Now you also owe an apology for thinking your family's life is in danger in Iran, even though no one knows your name.

Jun 18, 2005
I am wondering whether any of the ISP staff or admin have visited Balatarin? I do not see their members and admin folding under the pressure or hiding in some exclusive forum to keep themselves out of trouble.

Apr 10, 2003
I am wondering whether any of the ISP staff or admin have visited Balatarin? I do not see their members and admin folding under the pressure or hiding in some exclusive forum to keep themselves out of trouble.
FI jan I do not know much about Balatarin, but has been on the site many times. How does that site works? I am seeing their servers are hosted in US, but who owns it? it is in Farsi after all.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Nilou, you sound frustrated, calm down dear ;)

Now go read the first post I made on this thread and since you claim to be more 'intelligent' and us not so, decide for yourself whether what I said was judgmental.

By the way, resorting to questioning other people's intelligence and calling them slow is quite childish. If you are unable to have a discussion in which you do not resort to such tactics then please refrain from any.

The decision in question was not one which is obvious to most people as you can see from the response made by many others. But if to you it's a sign of a lack of intelligence then please have the decency to keep it to yourself.

For someone who goes around judging others without knowing the full facts on a daily basis (there are a few example of you doing that recently), you really must learn a few things about adaab va moasherat. So loool back at you for talking about judgmental Iranian men ;)

p.s. I do NOT intend to apologise for anything as I haven't said anything that warrants it.
wow, sorry didnt know u had no sense of "sarcasm" when was calling guys "slow"! I was JOKING dude, I swear! have some sense of humur if u can! I did not mean u r slow,etc sorry if it sounded that way. it was completely SARCASTIC.

now lets fully analyze ur offensive posts here, dear. ur actually creating this doubt that "there is somehow another reason why ISP is doing this..why oh why ISP? why u keep doing this?!etc". Without WAITING for official response.

On the face of it, this looks like an attempt to stop people in Iran getting access to information regarding the current situation. But I am sure there is a different explanation.
ohhh so ur suggesting ISP Admin is "attempting to stop ppl in Iran to get access to info regarding current situation"?! or u meant "Iran govt"?! cuz u werent clear at all. and 'come to face it', this sounded like u accusing ISP Admin of trying to self-censor..

That would be one explanation, but I am afraid it's not good enough.
People who post here are not daft. They know the risks involved in posting on a public forum before they write anything. And anyway, most people don't reveal their real identities.
how did u know "most ppl" dont reveal their real identities here?! I know exactly where MasoudA, Tajrish, BijanD, You,Azhidak,etc lives(I mean just check "tell us about urself thread" or comments we've made all these yrs about with all unintentional personal info about ourselves in public forum..)

and have u cared about not ONLY think about yourself and those who post here, but also those who RUN the site?! :)

Nilou jan, I concur. This is exactly the point I was making to you not long ago when you accused some of the Iranian TV channels of being IR supporters. So it's the way all of us behave and think some times which is the problem. It's not just one or two ;)

Personally I would not 'eltemaas' for such things as you mention but other may do so.
sure its totally fine if u dont eltemas, ur entitled to not do that. and I respect ur decision.

Now you are both being little Mortazavis! How dare you question something without first being told everything!!!?
jeeez, now THATS OFFENSIVE. For God's sake, when u were a child and wanted to touch HEATED STOVE, and ur mom stopped u from touching the stove(to not get burned), do u have the right to say "matalak" to ur mom, that "why she didnt Explain to you first WHY she stopped u from touching hot stove, before actually stopping you?!". is that fair Behrouz? if it is fair, and u've actually done so to your lovely mom, then I guess it is fair for you to make such comment above too..

Nilou jan, before I forget, I do know of a few places where you can say a lot without getting banned. In fact I know of an Iranian forum with much higher tolerance and if you want, and before you tell me to eff off there if it's better, I can post you the link but unfortunately the rules here wouldn't allow it ;)
oh yeah I know..but thats NOT sport SITE(it doesnt provide daily sport news on front page, nor sport articles. its just forums). As I said in this thread, IRANSPORTSPRESS, a Sport site, is the only Iranian SPORT site that has "political forum" and is as democratic as it gets.

Ok, so that's the official reason then.
Thanks for (finally) letting us know!
Finally..hehe u ALWAYS always have to say ur "matalak" to us, dont u?!
We do EVERYTHING WE CAN TO PROTECT YOU AND OUR SAFETY here, and sometimes we just have to announce it first before explaining why..again its that "touching stove" example above!

now that just shows how u dont CARE at all about what dangers we have been threatened about, and def seems like u dont CARE about family Zirak's family life's danger too, bc U may not know his name, but some1 in the 10,000 member forum with thousands of other Guest visitors, may know Zirak's name and may be jerk enough to trace it..

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2004
Let’s assume that admin based its decisions on security concerns.
You don’t deal with security concerns by getting rid of 90% of the readership/visitors.
This is like killing the patient to get rid of the cancer!!
It won’t be that difficult for IR agents (assuming we don’t have them here among us already) to create accounts and have 100 posts in couple of days.
In the long run this would solve nothing

Jun 18, 2005
FI jan I do not know much about Balatarin, but has been on the site many times. How does that site works? I am seeing their servers are hosted in US, but who owns it? it is in Farsi after all.
The format of Balatarin is that you post a link and people vote yes or no on it. Once a link collects many votes then it finds its way to the first page of the site.

Balatarin is an amazing website when it comes to fast news and mobilizing protests and gatherings.

The host of it is an Iranian guy in California, I saw a picture of him the other day. I think he was or is going to school here. Everyone I know here either visits Balatarin or get their information through Facebook.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Actually FI jan, recently when I visited Balatarin, they posted this news and I clicked on it to read full article and guess what? they linked it to ISP's Daily news thread(dont remember which day it was, but it was within last week!). I was awed, yet so happy about it. even wanted to post it here on isp..but I guess this new threat comes bc of that link?I dont know.

Zirak jan, let me tell u a personal scary story, a week ago I had problems with my internet a bit, so called in a technician. he happened to be Iranian and been working in iranian community here too. he told me, "IR has done something very dangerous to those who visit balatarin, just recently". I said what? "he said, I noticed at least 10 different Iranians whose C: Drive and D: Drive have suddenly been reversed(without them noticing), and they were regular visitors of balatarin. and then what happens is, their C: drive gets infected with this virus IR has put if u visit that site, and when u want to format ur C: drive, its actually ur D: drive that u delete, so virus stays in ur computer system until u figure out its the D: (former C: drive!) drive that u have to format!" and thats what he himself figured out and did for his customers..

pretty scary story but thats how capable they r in cyper attacks these days..

Last edited:

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
btw, something else I forgot to mention:

All we know about u guys is that ur username is "X" for instance. thats it
but ISP Admins have all their own REAL INFO online, they sign contract for server
, they share their real personal information, but as for members all you guys have is a USERNAME not verified by anyone. so basically unless u guys, personally, havent revealed anything personal about urself on forums until now, they cant verify YOUR personal info just by ur username..but they can regarding ISP Admins..

Again thanks a lot for your understanding guys..plz understand what danger ISP Admin are involved here.

Status
Not open for further replies.