Iran assassinated 180 Iraqi pilots after the fall of Saddam!

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
I'm sure..N.Y. or L.A...London police dept. have more lunetics than all of our bad basijis or sepahis... it is the top ..or the kind of regime that really matters..as far as i'm concerned most of our bad boys can be good in a different enviroment.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
It is in the Iranian nature to never kick a man when he is down , we are by nature a kind and caring nation , specially when we are standing and they are down . but we are like cats when we have our back to the wall , we can fight and we can fight well , not like cowards but like Lions .
With all due respect Oghab Aziz , I thiink the above is a Clitche that we Iranian like to belive and feel proud of. This is our way of compensating for our failures.

Lets forget about the crimes that happend in Iranian prisons in 60s, what we did to MKO, Chapi , Fadayee, Bahai , Kurd and Baluch Hamvatans and just look at the recent events of passed year or two.

It seems like a segment of our society not only kicks a man, woman and child when they are down, they stump on their head, torture them, rape them with and burn their corps and leave it out for wild animals to eat.

And that is what they did to their Hamvatans who just raised their voices about their votting rights and... So what this group is capable of doing to their enemies then only god knows.

Again, I am not saying all Basiji and Sepah and ... are dirty animals who are capable of these crimes. I know many of them were and are brave soulds who care deeply for Iran BUT we do have these sort of animals among us who are capable of these crimes as well.

As far the stories about the war goes and ... I fully agree with you and I do think ( or atleast like to think) we did follow the ruls more closely and fought more humainly. But I am not convinced that we were perfect angels and did not commit any similar crimes when I know rape and torture was common norm in Evin at the same time.

Last edited:

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
I have a question about military rules that hope some ex-army friends here can answer ( maybe I should ask my dad since he was an officer):

In the heat of the battle , Can you refuse to carry an order which you find against the code of the war and inhuman from your commanding officer ?

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
So you support the death squad and genocide of almost 100K-200k people without any sort of court or ... who used to be in the Iraqi army and are civilian now !! So in someways, you support some of Mehdi's Army's activiy in the recent years. I have Iraqi friends here in Canada whose Dad used to be in Army and Iraqi co-worker who used to be in army as well, should I be ok with their murder infront of their families for what happend 15-20 years ago?
No you shouldn't be Ok with that, but there is another side to this.

If someone asked, Are you OK with these pilots and war criminals going free without any punishment?? What Would you say?

These pilots where never gonna be brought up on any charges and although I disagree with their assassination, but I can surly understand the frustration of those who lost their loved ones at hands of these pilots specially when I think about how these guys were never gonna pay for their crimes in any court of law..

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
You want to go after war criminals? They are under your nose. What IR did with the Kurds in the early years of the revolution would have sent anyone to the firing squad. Look what they do to people in full view of cameras, the internet and cellphones. God knows what they did in the war when nobody was around. Besides, how many Iranian pilots did akhunds execute?

May 12, 2007
I don't understand you guys are discussing this. To me and to every Iranian it should be a relief that Sadam and those murderers are killed.
IRI take care of its own interest. Maybe by killing those pilots thay have thought that those plots can't be used against Iran once again.
We know that they have even used Arabs to crack down iranians during green protests. So they only think of their own survivel. But to us
the events in Iraq is relief. Iraq even used chemical against Iranians.

Last edited:

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Before going after Iraqi war criminals Iranians have to go after akhoonds and their goons who are criminals against their own countrymen/women and humanity as a whole. There is no doubt that some of these guys maybe war criminals but the IR is doing this in their own interest and god knows that they have in the store for Iraq once the Americans leave. They are not killing these pilots for damages to Iran and Iranians rather their own interests. We all know that this disgusting regime destroys Iranian culture and heritage and kills her people. So why would be think for a minute they are actually doing something for the Iranians interests. Plus there are ways to bringing this to the court systems. These bastards kill and torture their own people and I personally do not believe or even feel safe for them going after one soul. One has to keep in mind that even true the pilots were acting based on orders and one can not just justify them killing. Khomeini and crew are as much responsbile for the war as Sadam was.

parham79

Bench Warmer
Dec 5, 2009
With all due respect Oghab Aziz , I thiink the above is a Clitche that we Iranian like to belive and feel proud of. This is our way of compensating for our failures.

Lets forget about the crimes that happend in Iranian prisons in 60s, what we did to MKO, Chapi , Fadayee, Bahai , Kurd and Baluch Hamvatans and just look at the recent events of passed year or two.

It seems like a segment of our society not only kicks a man, woman and child when they are down, they stump on their head, torture them, rape them with and burn their corps and leave it out for wild animals to eat.

And that is what they did to their Hamvatans who just raised their voices about their votting rights and... So what this group is capable of doing to their enemies then only god knows.

Again, I am not saying all Basiji and Sepah and ... are dirty animals who are capable of these crimes. I know many of them were and are brave soulds who care deeply for Iran BUT we do have these sort of animals among us who are capable of these crimes as well.

As far the stories about the war goes and ... I fully agree with you and I do think ( or atleast like to think) we did follow the ruls more closely and fought more humainly. But I am not convinced that we were perfect angels and did not commit any similar crimes when I know rape and torture was common norm in Evin at the same time.
The Regular Air force during the war did everything it possibly could to avoid civilian deaths. This included flying or using egress/ ingress routes that were heavily defended or different AGL OR ALTITUDES which risked their birds being picked up by Iraqi rafdar systems instead of less defended routes to avoid civilian death on the Iraqi side.Unfortunately iranian attitude to these things are often to patriotic in somecases and yes the brutality od sepah which was all to evident is brushed under the carpet. I used to visit a irandefenseforum, but now it isfull of idiotic kids who ramble on about wanting war war 3 and how the islamic world must standup to this and that. I still communicate with some of the american member( former usaf pilot ) on email, but that place is infested with idiots.

Being in my 40's, i'm more inclined to avoid disscussions with these people because war is the last option and must never be resorted to . Only as the last option.

Last edited:

parham79

Bench Warmer
Dec 5, 2009
Did Iranian airforce pilots ever target the civilian homes and areas during the war?

Btw here is a fun war story from one of the pilots. Funny guy.

YouTube - A War Memory by IRIAF Brg. Gen. Moshiri
If you dont know, this general moshiri was responsible for the purges that included grounding, and in some cases firing squads carrying out excecutions of a number of Pilots in Hamadan Air base.. He is not a great example of a good character.

May 12, 2007
Can't have it both ways. If this is how you feel then thank the US military. Saddam didn't just "fall". If there was no invasion, Saddam would still be there and you would not have "enjoyed" anything.
Right. Now we are talking about those pilots that bombed Iran. US would not have punished those pilots. According to the article IRI did. Some suggest it was done by the kurds. Why do we disagree on that subject?
Would you support the punishment of those who killed innocent Iranian people in the war? Yes or NO?
BTW: I will never support a US invasion of Iran. But if they do I will enjoy watching those who killed people in jail, ... punished.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
He was talking about enjoying Saddam's death. You too no doubt are stuck in the same quandary but unwilling to admit it. And anyone who is willing to let IR decide who lives and who dies is implicitly condoning what they do to people in the streets of Tehran.

May 12, 2007
He was talking about enjoying Saddam's death. You too no doubt are stuck in the same quandary but unwilling to admit it. And anyone who is willing to let IR decide who lives and who dies is implicitly condoning what they do to people in the streets of Tehran.
Hosele dari? What are we discussing? Who is he?
Enjoing Sadams deadth==implicitly suppoting what IRI is doing in streets of Tehran.
Are you teasing us or something?

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
As I was saying earlier ...watch this ,this is the spirit I am talking about and you all have it .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIRtv8TYo84"]YouTube - Shootdown of Iraqi MI-8 (Iran-Iraq War)[/ame]

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
And anyone who is willing to let IR decide who lives and who dies is implicitly condoning what they do to people in the streets of Tehran.
You're really reaching here.

I'm happy that they're dying. I don't care who is killing them. Just as if one of the sepah sardaars were to kill another in a feud, my reaction would be joy, with the wish that he also gets killed the same way.

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
For what it's worth, I'm not even so sure that IR is as involved in this as they're made out to be. By all accounts, they treated the Iraqi POWs decently and far better than Iranian political prisoners. Many Iraqi pilots were shot down and captured during the war. Why would IR all the sudden want to kill them now?

This is more likely part of the bigger internal conflict within Iraq.

Aug 21, 2005
next door
Before going after Iraqi war criminals Iranians have to go after akhoonds and their goons who are criminals against their own countrymen/women and humanity as a whole. There is no doubt that some of these guys maybe war criminals but the IR is doing this in their own interest and god knows that they have in the store for Iraq once the Americans leave. They are not killing these pilots for damages to Iran and Iranians rather their own interests. We all know that this disgusting regime destroys Iranian culture and heritage and kills her people. So why would be think for a minute they are actually doing something for the Iranians interests. Plus there are ways to bringing this to the court systems. These bastards kill and torture their own people and I personally do not believe or even feel safe for them going after one soul. One has to keep in mind that even true the pilots were acting based on orders and one can not just justify them killing. Khomeini and crew are as much responsbile for the war as Sadam was.
what goes around will come around again!!! there will be a day that people will go after akhoonds and hang them by their balls. no matter where they go there will be someone going after them, and will get them!!! history will repeats itself.