Iran in 2014 Asian Games , News , Reports , Results

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
What did they do to boyeri?! NOTHING. The guy is good, the guy is young and the guy was physically inferior to the japanese and the japanese deserved to win. Boyri do taa kalle ham too sooratesh zad va ekhtaar ham nagereft. baba tamaam. koshti bood, tamoom shod raft. You turn off that ridiculous commentator and all those bouts are much more enjoyable without all those gerye zaari o hagh be jaab baazi dar aavordan o hameye zamin o zamoon ro doshmane khod doonestan.

A fucked up commentator can set trends, can make opinions and i am seeing it here. turn that sucker off and watch the bouts. The guy is a disgrace to this sport and very disgusting in close to everything he says. Yesterday, they killed Abdevali and i couldnt stand it. I didnt need this sucker to tell me it was not correct to do that to that kid. emrooz vali vaaghean kesaafat kaari daare mikone martike. Ok i didnt watch that bout against korean and the way they have supported korean wrestlers so far i can imagine something was wrong but i have watched all the other bouts after that and nothing worthy of note happened. Nothing. Today iranians simply didnt wrestle as well as they did yesterday. Accept it and move on like a man.
What did they do to Boyeri? Not much. They just made him lose to the Japanese wrestler by one point which they awarded to the Japanese claiming Boyeri wasn't showing initiative but then didn't allow Boyeri to show initiative to get his one point back by constantly breaking up the match to give needless verbal warnings. Shit was so stinking obvious that even Etesaami was criticizing the referee.

Yes, if the wrestlers from other countries were winning their bouts by employing a single technique I would be the first to give them the credit and blame our wrestlers for deserving to lose for not being able to get undisputed and high technical points from their opponents. But when the other countries haven't been able to get a single point from a technical move and instead win their bouts (be it against Karimfar, Moeyeri or Babajanzadeh) based on points handed to them by the referee then it becomes frustrating.

Yes, it would've been nice if our wrestlers could get technical points to avoid losing to the referee but when the opponent keeps closing his arms and just defends and doesn't get any penalty for it then I think it's just unfair to blame our wrestlers for not being "good enough" to beat their opponents undisputedly.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Kabadi..Kabadi...Kabadi

TM Iran (Men) defeated Japan today and advanced to semi-finals against Pakistan tomorrow. :)

TM Iran (Women) defeated Thailand today and advanced to semi-finals against Bangladesh tomorrow.:)

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Now i have watched Kabedi for the second time in my life Mashdi and i liked it. Good sport. How are the chances against likes of Pakistan? From what i have read from you Indians seem to be nearly unbeatable. right?

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Now i have watched Kabedi for the second time in my life Mashdi and i liked it. Good sport. How are the chances against likes of Pakistan? From what i have read from you Indians seem to be nearly unbeatable. right?
Indians own Kabadi. that's why it was good to win the preliminary groups and avoid them in both semi-finals and throw S.Korea's Men & Thailand's Women to India's cage in the 2 semi-finals. :)

Pakistan is also a powerhouse specially in Men's Kabadi. so it's gonna be a real good semi-final against them tomorrow.

Kabadi players are supposed to say (or at least whisper) " kabadi..kabadi..kabadi " as they enter and stay in opponent's half. in many parts of Iran that i know of the word said is " zooooo ". in Mashad the word said is " Harroooooo" and if you run out of breath while in your opponent's half then you lose a point (just like losing a point if you're caught and pinned in opponent's half).

So Chinaski , i now challenge you to a long long and loud Harrroooooooooooooooooooooo. :)

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Aghaa maa harchi ro ke shomaa bekhaay migim. mashadi bekhaay, be mashadi migim. ghaboole? :)
be hamoon Mazandarani ham ke begi " Zoooooooooo " kafieh. harifan mast ha ra kisseh mikonand. akheh midooni ke dar Kabadi yek meghdari ham az koshti hast. faghat mamoolan dasteh jamee yaroo ra chappeh mikonand. :)

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Hehe...aare emroo sobh didam, mirizan sare taraf naamardaa :)

raasti mashdi dirooz asr raftim oonvare marz too alman dame daryaache jaat khaali basaate grill o aragh. Jaat khaali bood

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Taekwondo - Men

Gold :)

Mehdi Khodabakhshi (80 kg) from Tehran has just now defeated Uzbek fighter and won Gold.

Khodabakhshi defeated Nepal , Japan , Tajikstan & Uzbekstan on his road to Gold medal.

This is Iran's 2nd Gold medal in Men's Taekwondo in this Asian Games.

Last edited:

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Hehe...aare emroo sobh didam, mirizan sare taraf naamardaa :)

raasti mashdi dirooz asr raftim oonvare marz too alman dame daryaache jaat khaali basaate grill o aragh. Jaat khaali bood
pas khosh gozashteh. nooshe jan.

faghat be jaye man siyah mast nakon. be darde sar miyofti. :)

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Greco-Roman Wrestling - Men

66 kg

Bronze :)

Afshin Biyabangard defeated World Championship & Asian Championship medalist Tasmuradof from Uzbekistan by 7-1 and won Bronze. :)

Excellent 4 pointer waist technique (fanne kamar) by Biyabangard to set the tone for this bout.he almost pinned the Uzbek but the strong Uzbek wrestler had a great reflex to avoid the pin. a well fought Bronze for Biyabangard whose natural weight class is 71 kg and had yo lose weights in short period to make it to 66 kg weight.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

75 kg

Young Payam Boyeri from Izeh , Khoozestan defeated Turkmenistan wrestler in dominating fashion and won Bronze. :)

This is Payam's very first senior level participation after winning several medals in World Junior Championships & World Youth Championships.

Great future is awaiting this barely 20 year old kid if he keeps working hard and improve on his strength and technique. :)

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Men's Volleyball

Iran vs Kuwait has stared. Q-final match.

Men's Basketball

Iran vs Kazakhistan has started. Semi-final match.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

Mojtaba Karimfar (85 kg) from Andimeshk , Khoozestan defeated Gherghizstan wrestler by 3-0 and won Bronze.

So far Karimfar , Biyabangard & Boyeri have won Bronze today. Babajanzadeh will be the last Iranian wrestler to take the mat for Bronze.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

130 kg

Bashir Babajanzadeh defeated Ghrghizstan wrestler and won Bronze.

Iran's Greco-Roman wrestlers have won 2 Gold & 5 Bronze in this Asian Games.

Last edited:

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Men's Basketball

Semi-final

Phew!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iran came back from dead to beat Kazakhistan by 80-78 and advance to Final match of this Asian Games.

Iran was behind by 8 points late in 4th Quarter and managed to get back into the game with solid defending and good free throws. 2 timely time-outs helped quite a bit as well.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Men's Basketball

Semi-final

Phew!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iran came back from dead to beat Kazakhistan by 80-78 and advance to Final match of this Asian Games.

Iran was behind by 8 points late in 4th Quarter and managed to get back into the game with solid defending and good free throws. 2 timely time-outs helped quite a bit as well.

This could end up being the difference between finishing 4th or 5th in the overall ranking.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
This could end up being the difference between finishing 4th or 5th in the overall ranking.
I don't know if it'll be enough to catch Kazakhstan. Kazks won some more gold medals today and are now at 20 Gold compared to Iran's 15 Gold.