Iran Persian Gulf Pro League 2017-2018 Fixtures , News, Transfers, Match Updates [R]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2002
People can bash Schafer as much as they can, but he is probably the most prolific coach who coached in IPL.

People can bash Schafer as much as they can, but he is probably the most prolific coach who coached in IPL.
It's pretty obvious he won't stay too long. The positive effect he's had is mainly motivational. I guess the training sessions went something like this:

Shafer: "What the fuck kind of reaction time is that you fools? Get the ball moving faster!"

Players: "But that other guy won't move fast enough"

Shafer: "Goh khordeh. Yo 'other guy', Move faster or you're off the list"

Nov 24, 2002
Es Khuzestan-Es Tehran Highlights:

[video=facebook_share;1882391545168308]https://www.facebook.com/IranSportsPress/videos/1882391545168308/[/video]

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
One of the best thing Schafer did was to bench Rahmati and let Hosseini play as #1 keeper.
This is something that Mansourian did not have the balls to do. Now every other player knows that names do not guarantee you a spot and you have to earn it.

Nov 24, 2002
^^^ Hosseini was playing in the last few weeks of Mansourian as well, plus the whole Esteghlal team was playing like shit which is totally different story since Schafer took over. They dominate the opponent like Persepolis. Keeper had not much to do, like the game today BUT Hosseini looked Ok in few occasions in last few week, still very early to judge, and for sake of TM i really hope he keeps it up. Remember Beiranvand had two great seasons with Naft and everyone thought we finally found our real no1, and we know what happened after.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Correct me if I'm wrong but Hosseini lacks any international experience, even an AC tournament. Hence even if he plays like Abedzadeh (senior) in IPL for a few months, he wont be included in the WC squad. Beiranvand, Mazaheri, Abedzadeh (junior) and Haghighi have all the edge before Hosseini. Abedzadeh because of his European experience, specially in Portugal. and let's not forget about Akhbari...

Nov 24, 2002
Correct me if I'm wrong but Hosseini lacks any international experience, even an AC tournament. Hence even if he plays like Abedzadeh (senior) in IPL for a few months, he wont be included in the WC squad. Beiranvand, Mazaheri, Abedzadeh (junior) and Haghighi have all the edge before Hosseini. Abedzadeh because of his European experience, specially in Portugal. and let's not forget about Akhbari...
Haghighi didn't have much experience with TM in 2014 and wasn't even in their plan, 3 months before WC. With catastrophic situation of goalkeeping, if Hosseini continue to play good, he has a good chance to at least being included in the final squad.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I still yet to see Hosseini dominate his 6 yard box like a boss. But he has shown promising reflexes and very decent posture so far. Once he is able to make authoritative exists for crosses, then we can count on him as one of TM keepers. International experience is the other thing that he is lacking, but that can be achieved once he proves himself as a trustworthy keeper.

Feb 4, 2005
Haghighi didn't have much experience with TM in 2014 and wasn't even in their plan, 3 months before WC. With catastrophic situation of goalkeeping, if Hosseini continue to play good, he has a good chance to at least being included in the final squad.
I think CQ will go with Beiranvand, Mazaheri and Abedzadeh. If he opts for Hossaini it will be at the expense of Mazaheri. He likes the fact that Abed is playing in Europe.

Nov 24, 2002
He likes the fact that Abed is playing in Europe.
We have another Daneil Davari situation here, being hyped because playing in Europe, while Davari was no1 keeper in Bundesliga, Abedzadeh is playing only in Hazfi Cup in Portugal, plus this is the guy who was no2 in Rah Ahan, i mean i have watched all of his matches highlights and except one game, he didn't have much to do and most of the time he was actually out of position.

I would go with Beiranvand, Mazaheri and Hosseini.

Nov 24, 2002
Shojaeian and Djeparov are probably the main factors of Esteghlal success, specially Shojaeian. He may get the call for the next TM camp.

Feb 4, 2005
We have another Daneil Davari situation here, being hyped because playing in Europe, while Davari was no1 keeper in Bundesliga, Abedzadeh is playing only in Hazfi Cup in Portugal, plus this is the guy who was no2 in Rah Ahan, i mean i have watched all of his matches highlights and except one game, he didn't have much to do and most of the time he was actually out of position.

I would go with Beiranvand, Mazaheri and Hosseini.
Good point

Nov 24, 2002
This was Esteghlal line-up today, Pejman Montazeri also not starting anymore, he was dealing with a long injury but it seems he lost his place to young Cheshmi and Majid Hossein, that is why he may not going to be included in WC squad as i said before:

ترکیب استقلال:

سید حسین حسینی، سیدمجید حسینی، روزبه چشمی، وریا غفوری، امید ابراهیمی، امید نورافکن، فرشید باقری، سرور جپاروف (۶۴- پژمان منتظری)، داریوش شجاعیان ( ۷۸- مهدی قائدی)، محسن کریمی ( ۷۶- فرشید اسماعیلی) و علی قربانی.

H.Hosseini
Vouria-Cheshmi-M.Hosseini-Nourafkan
Bagheri-Ebrahimi
Djeparov-Shojaeian-M.Karimi
Ghorbani

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Haghighi was playing in Portugal's second division, after having experienced the Russian league. At the time CQ was trying badly to find European experienced players, inviting even the likes of Nazari brothers. IMO, Davari sucked as a goalkeeper and to this day, I still don't know how he could be number 1 keeper of a Bundesliga team. Yet he was included in the WC squad. That says a lot about Abedzadeh and his chances this time around. Hosseini lacks any kind of European experience. Knowing CQ, I will get very surprised if he was included in the final list.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I still yet to see Hosseini dominate his 6 yard box like a boss. But he has shown promising reflexes and very decent posture so far. Once he is able to make authoritative exists for crosses, then we can count on him as one of TM keepers. International experience is the other thing that he is lacking, but that can be achieved once he proves himself as a trustworthy keeper.
I share your view .... hopefully he is strong in that department too .

I don't understand the hype with mini Abedzadeh .... just because he is playing in Portugal and only in cup games doesn't warrant him a place in the world cup squad ... Even without considering Hosseini in the puzzle there is Akhbari and Haghighi way ahead of Abed junior or even Hamed lak .

As Babr said and he has seen his games he has done nothing in between the sticks to make him being even considered .

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
sarvar 2 ta to zamin zad, branko ham yeki beron be khiabani. akhe kise kesh soaleto yek bar branko javab dad. teami ke 14 emtiaz aghabe dige engadr soal baraye chi?

Branko: " aya shoma kise kesh hasti?"

Status
Not open for further replies.