Iran-Player ratings

Maziar

Ball Boy
Jul 9, 2004
Zopyrus said:
Daei didn't DRAG two defenders, he STOOD in the MIDDLE of two defenders all the time. There's a difference.. wherever Karimi runs except while defending he had two on him while daei decides to stand and wait in the middle oftwo defenders thinking it will make him look good.
Maybe, but the net effect is the same. two defeners out of the play. Nothing came out of Karimi or Daei taking two defenders out of the play. They both relied on their reputation. None of them did anything worthwile.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
How did Daei take any Mexican out of play??

OK...actually, you guys have a point..he turned Rafael marquez from a defender into a free-forwarding midfield, because at some point he realised that Daei has nothing to offer.

Maziar

Ball Boy
Jul 9, 2004
westwienmaskulin said:
How did Daei take any Mexican out of play??

OK...actually, you guys have a point..he turned Rafael marquez from a defender into a free-forwarding midfield, because at some point he realised that Daei has nothing to offer.
Watch the game again. On every set piece there were two plkayers on Daei. Not that i am giving him any credit, its only his reputation, but maybe Kia could have taken advantage of this by crossing the ball where our other players were stationed, but he left every cross short of target.

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
Maziar said:
Watch the game again. On every set piece there were two plkayers on Daei. Not that i am giving him any credit, its only his reputation, but maybe Kia could have taken advantage of this by crossing the ball where our other players were stationed, but he left every cross short of target.
What were they supposed to do?? let him stay alone?? And generally, the team that takes the corner has less players in the box than the team defending the corner, so it's obvious that they mark the tall guy/forward with 2 defenders. They would have done the same with Enayati.

Cross on daei?? Kia was busy helping out in defense because Perez was running riot against Kaebi. Teymourian gave a perfect cross on daei, but unfortunately he only managed to jump 5 cms.

Seriously...to defend or whitewash in any shape or form Daei's performance today is ridiculous.

Maziar

Ball Boy
Jul 9, 2004
westwienmaskulin said:
What were they supposed to do?? let him stay alone?? And generally, the team that takes the corner has less players in the box than the team defending the corner, so it's obvious that they mark the tall guy/forward with 2 defenders. They would have done the same with Enayati.

Cross on daei?? Kia was busy helping out in defense because Perez was running riot against Kaebi. Teymourian gave a perfect cross on daei, but unfortunately he only managed to jump 5 cms.

Seriously...to defend or whitewash in any shape or form Daei's performance today is ridiculous.
Read my ratings again, what whitewashing, i have Daei as the second worst player on the field. What about Hashemian attempting a stupid back flick in a scoring position. Has anyone commented on that. DAEI IS NOT GOOD CURRENTLY. GRANTED. Can we move beyond that and criticize other players when they desrve it ?

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
Maziar said:
Read my ratings again, what whitewashing, i have Daei as the second worst player on the field. What about Hashemian attempting a stupid back flick in a scoring position. Has anyone commented on that. DAEI IS NOT GOOD CURRENTLY. GRANTED. Can we move beyond that and criticize other players when they desrve it ?
Watch the replay. he was marked and any other shot would have been blocked by either defender or goalkeeper. With the back heel, he would have surprised the defender and the goalkeeper, he was a bit let's say unlucky. But this is irrelevant...Let's say he should have scored norman. when you have to run a lot, you might become tired and lose your focus a bit. that was the case with hash, because the guy was running endlessly and had to do the running for Daei too. A striker has to be fresh and focused to do his thing.

But this is exactly what I mean...Daei was the worst outfield player and to bash guys like Kia, karimi, or hash for anything, despite their endless running efforts and talk about the Mexican defenders marking Daei because they have heard stories about Daei scoring against Chelsea and Milan is nothing but whitewashing and putting Daei's pathetic performance in relative terms.

Reporter

Bench Warmer
Apr 5, 2004
Lets not kid ourselves! we lost because of Mirza's kick and Rahman flaffing around instead of a basic clearance.

Mirza ....... 2
Rezaei...... 2
Kia, Kaebi, Nosrati, Nekounam, Hashemian, Daei, ...4
GolMo.... 5
Taymourian.... 6

Maziar

Ball Boy
Jul 9, 2004
westwienmaskulin said:
Watch the replay. he was marked and any other shot would have been blocked by either defender or goalkeeper. With the back heel, he would have surprised the defender and the goalkeeper, he was a bit let's say unlucky. But this is irrelevant...Let's say he should have scored norman. when you have to run a lot, you might become tired and lose your focus a bit. that was the case with hash, because the guy was running endlessly and had to do the running for Daei too. A striker has to be fresh and focused to do his thing.

But this is exactly what I mean...Daei was the worst outfield player and to bash guys like Kia, karimi, or hash for anything, despite their endless running efforts and talk about the Mexican defenders marking Daei because they have heard stories about Daei scoring against Chelsea and Milan is nothing but whitewashing and putting Daei's pathetic performance in relative terms.
I'm sorry, this is just laughable regardless of what good points you've made in the past. Karimi's endless running efforts ? what game were you watching ? Do you really need to applaud one player in order to diss another ?

Babak G

News Team, ISP Managers Team
Feb 13, 2003
Parts Unknown
Westie you are spot on.

Marquez became a free player it was so funny.

I give Daei a 0. I give Branko a 4 only cause first half I give him 8 and 2nd i give him 0 for doing a Sven against Brazil.

Very disappointing...

Ando I give him a 7-8. Javada 6.5 and Mehdi I give about 6.5 as well, Kaabi a 6 and the rest too disappointing.

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
Babak since you were at the game (I assume you were any way)

Please explain why you rate Nekounam so highly? i did not see him do anything other than the first 15 minutes, and then a silly yellow card in the second half.

Also, did Karimi appear to be hurt? was he limping when he was taken off?

Maziar

Ball Boy
Jul 9, 2004
westwienmaskulin said:
No man...it's you who has to diss players, just to make someone look not so bad.
I have never tried to make Daei look good. I don't think he deserves to start. You will not find a single post that suggests otherwise. On the other hand, Kia and Karimi were horrible today, independent of anything Daei has ever done in his career.

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
Maziar said:
I have never tried to make Daei look good. I don't think he deserves to start. You will not find a single post that suggests otherwise. On the other hand, Kia and Karimi were horrible today, independent of anything Daei has ever done in his career.
yeah man...Kia and Karimi were horrible.

Long Live Da King!!!! :king-daei:

Maziar

Ball Boy
Jul 9, 2004
westwienmaskulin said:
yeah man...Kia and Karimi were horrible.

Long Live Da King!!!! :king-daei:
This is why we are in trouble, some of our most knowledgable fans still believe in monarchy !?

alborz

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Simply Ken said:
I disagree with many of you.

My ratings using a 10 point scale (10 best 1 worst):

1- Mirzapour: 5.5 (his rating affected by his blunder)
2- Kaabi: 7 (his rating down for his backpass to Mirzapour)
3- Golmohammadi: 8 (his rating bumped for his goal)
4- Rezaie: 7 (a 8.5 if not for his blunder)
5- Nosrati: 7
6- Teymourian: 8 (one of our best)
7- Nekounam: 7.5
8- Mahdavikia: 8 (he was one of our best too, despite his injury)
9- Karimi: 7.5 (not his best game given his injury, and he won't make the high light reels from this match, but far more influential than many realize)
10- Daei: 5 (he should have been subbed)
11- Hashemian: 8 (hustled hard, did well overall, and a nice header saved brilliantly by Sanchez)

Coach: 5

...coach as they did much better in the 2nd half while we did much worse.
I agree with most of it however Rezaie deserves to rank higher he set up the first goal and through out the game he was solid. As for his mistake, I don't see any of our defenders playing with confidence in fron of Mirzapour. At this level a goalie should inject confidence in the back line not the opposite.

Mar 13, 2006
This is another attempt by Daei lovers to white wash his performance.

Daei = 0 (dead weight dragging down the team for the last 6 years)
Mirzapour = 2 (why is he so timid? why doesn't he come out? why does he run away from Golmohammadi or Rezaei's simple passes back to him? To give him credit, having seen Gholampour, he might be the best Iran can offer in that position)

Rest of the team = 9 (for hustling and trying to make up for the 2 above)

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Mirzapour, 5.5 - had an OK game, but that stupid kick brought the rating down.

Kaebi, 7 - thought he played a good game

Golmohammadi, 6.5 - average game, the goal brought it up by 0.5

Rezaei, 6 - had a good game and deserved a 7, but in the end a 6 due to his mistake which led to the 2-1

Nosrati, 5.5 - the left side was open too much in the 2nd half

Teymourian, 7.5 - aggressive, fought for the team, knew how to control the tempo

Nekounam, 7 - also good in midfield, good tackles

Mahdavikia, 5.5 - way below his level..was it the injury?

Karimi, 7 - wasn't given much space for his actions but did well

Hashemian, 6.5 - worked hard, missed 2 open chances though in the 1st half

Daei, 10 - amazing, our most creative player, great heading, worked amazingly hard, both in attack and defence..was unlucky not to score

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
1- Mirzapour: 5.5
2- Kaabi: 7
3- Golmohammadi: 7.5 (his goal increases his rating).
4- Rezaie: 5.5 (he had more mistakes than just the one before Mexico's goal).
5- Nosrati: 7
6- Teymourian: 8
7- Nekounam: 7.5
8- Mahdavikia: 7
9- Karimi: 6
10- Daei: 5
11- Hashemian: 8

backechap

Nov 22, 2002
Simply Ken said:
He drew 2-3 players to himself, keeping them where he was on the field and not free to do what they wish. He started with some good passes and one run that was stopped by a late Rafa Marquez tackle in the box. He continued distributing the ball intelligently, although he did make a couple of mistakes. He was constantly fouled, sometimes not called and sometimes called, given us freekicks.

No. He was not the Karimi who often single handidly wins our games. But he was an influential player who, except if he was injured and couldn't play, should have remained on the field. And if he was replaced, his replacement should have been someone with his traits. Someone like Shojaie, who is pretty good (even if raw).
Agree 100% on Karimi, our team fell apart after he left the field, not because Madanchi was terrible, but because Karimi was a force.

On Mirza, you guys are being emotional. You are not giving him the grade he deserves (1 in my opininon) because you probably are too kind. I hate to be unkind to people, and I do like him a lot as a person and a player who has given his best for his country. However, we lost the game due to his blunder, and that my friends is not a simple "miss hit" which you can attribute to a mistake that happens to every one here and there. Mirza had this weakness of clearing the ball with his feet forever, and even the ABC commentator pointed it out earlier in the game. What worse than that? As a goalee, you live and die by your saves, everything else you do is non-event, but for us the non-events got us! Mirza should not be our goalee.

But ever worse than him was our coach, the one I had supported all along. Branko got a 0, he destroyed our team with whatever he had told them during the half. I would love for someone to post a video of Branko's half time instructions to the players, and I bet he totally took the air out of our wings after an outstanding performance during the first half. We dominated the 1st half and Branko negated that during the halftime.

Oct 18, 2002
Maziar said:
Maybe, but the net effect is the same. two defeners out of the play. Nothing came out of Karimi or Daei taking two defenders out of the play. They both relied on their reputation. None of them did anything worthwile.
Actually, there was. Once Karimi was out of the game, Marquez was able to roam around our penalty box all the time. Mexican offence was intensified, and resulted in two goals.

I think most guys are rating Kabi and Nekounam a little too high. I don't see much from Nekounam. Also Vahid has one of his bad days. Regardless of whether he plays his position or not, when he receives a few good chances ithin the penalty box and wastes them, it shows he is not as lethal as he used to be.

On the other hand I would not rate Nosrati too bad. He tried hard and did not make any blunder.

Here is my rating:

Mirzapour: 4 (two big mistakes)
Kabi: 4.5 (Kept sending the ball back to Mirzapour)
Yahya: 5.5 (Mostly for his goal)
Rezaei: 6.5 (I'd have given him a 7.5 if not for that single mistake)
Nosrati: 5
Kia: 5 (bad shots, crosses not as usual)
Karimi: 5 (was marked all the time, but did draw defenders around)
Teymourian: 7 (The kid was great!)
Nekounam: 4 (did he play? I somehow didn't see him at all)
Madanchi: 4.5 (one half, nothing much)
Vahid: 5.5 (Ran a lot, but that's not what I want a forward to do)
Daei: 2.5 (A solid tower of strength. Literally :D)