Iran - South Korea predictions (doomsday)

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
i know this is not the excuse but it effected TM performance against Lebenon , the fact not having 6 regulars in line up effect your team ( ando, heydari, pouladi, dejagah ,Gucci , Jabbari ) these guys will be in TM starting line up if all are healthy ... that is basicly your KEY players , consider Nekounam and karimi aren'T anymore our key players

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Part of the problem with TM is in the goal. I don't think Rahmati is as awful as some people think now. Remember, less than two years ago (although quick to conclude) some were saying he was better than Hejazi and Abedzadeh! Indeed he was good and was saving our ass in almost every game and that was why our TM were getting some results. I have to say TM are not committing more defensive mistakes now under CQ than before but of course it is becoming more costly because our goalie is not bailing us out.
I think we need this new guy Davari. He is like a gift came direcly from heaven.

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
i know this is not the excuse but it effected TM performance against Lebenon , the fact not having 6 regulars in line up effect your team ( ando, heydari, pouladi, dejagah ,Gucci , Jabbari ) these guys will be in TM starting line up if all are healthy ... that is basicly your KEY players , consider Nekounam and karimi aren'T anymore our key players
Nekonaum's form has been pretty good lately. Karimi is a wounded soldier and highly motivated after what happened in Perspolis.

And yes, you are right. Ando, Heydari, Dejagah and Gucci are HUGE for us. We are still very much talent-based team. Jabbari is unfortunately still injured and won't feature.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Nekonaum's form has been pretty good lately. Karimi is a wounded soldier and highly motivated after what happened in Perspolis.

And yes, you are right. Ando, Heydari, Dejagah and Gucci are HUGE for us. We are still very much talent-based team. Jabbari is unfortunately still injured and won't feature.
I think at the current state of the Iranian football, given that he kept his pre-injury/pre-transfer form, Ando is the most povital player for TM.

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
I think at the current state of the Iranian football, given that he kept his pre-injury/pre-transfer form, Ando is the most povital player for TM.
Ando - Dejagah - Reza Gh. are most pivotal players we have.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Ando - Dejagah - Reza Gh. are most pivotal players we have.
I don't know about R.Gh., as of now he is an "above average to good" player in a team in the "lower end" of the table of the "second devision" of a "third rated European league". Multiply these "ands", "buts" and "ifs" and you will see he has a long way to go to be a povital player that intend sto go to the WC. He might have a bright future, and that future might be not that far away, but lets not get overexcited yet.

Footbalist

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
Los LAshkhores, Casifornia
I don't know about R.Gh., as of now he is an "above average to good" player in a team in the "lower end" of the table of the "second devision" of a "third rated European league". Multiply these "ands", "buts" and "ifs" and you will see he has a long way to go to be a povital player that intend sto go to the WC. He might have a bright future, and that future might be not that far away, but lets not get overexcited yet.
All of that is mostly true, but he's got a certain explosiveness, hunger to score, and ability to finish efficiently that make him a pivotal player for this TM at this time.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
All of that is mostly true, but he's got a certain explosiveness, hunger to score, and ability to finish efficiently that make him a pivotal player for this TM at this time.
Well, even that is yet to be seen. His status as a player is not nearly as good as Zandi's when he was in Bundesliga and we all know although Zandi was and is still very good, he didn't turn into our best midfielder. I have watched RGs videos too but select videos run the risk of being biased. Even if they are a good representation of RGs overall game, they still make him an average size fish in a small tank. He sure can grow into a bigger fish sooner or later, and he is showing a sign of that with January tranfer to Liege. But for now all we know is that what he is relative to others in a bigger tank is unknown.

On the other hand, I think European players at any level are psychologically better in goal scoring so he might turn into the answer to what we miss badly now. Iranians, no matter how good they are, have some issues in the box that are both technical and psychological.

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
Reza GH? Are you serious? Is he a game changer?
Yes, he is. He hasn't played for TM yet, but watch what it will feel like to have a consistent player be able to put the ball in the back of the net. We haven't had that since Ali Daei/ Hashemian. Watch what he will be able to do for us. I still believe Karim Ansarifard will do amazingly for us, but we have to be a bit patient as he is young.

And Standard Liege signed him, so yes, he is a game-changer on a team that has not many European players. Do not underestimate this aspect.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
as other said lets see what ghochannejad do before starting the parade , he is playing in second division of very crappy league in europe ! i dont know if it is good idea to start the guy in such a game against korea
i rather we go with
dejagah-ghazi-khalatbari trio up front ( ofcourse if dejagah is healthy, even this is a big Q mark, as he hasn't been playing for while !!)

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
To beat a team like South Korea, everyone has to hustle and work extra hard. It's always a great help if you have a certain special player that can create chances for himself and others, but at the end, the whole team has to bust their rear end to get points from South Korea. but it is certainly great news that Ando is back and in good form. I hope we get Ashkan back in good form as well, although it is not looking so good right now.

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
as other said lets see what ghochannejad do before starting the parade , he is playing in second division of very crappy league in europe ! i dont know if it is good idea to start the guy in such a game against korea
i rather we go with
dejagah-ghazi-khalatbari trio up front ( ofcourse if dejagah is healthy, even this is a big Q mark, as he hasn't been playing for while !!)
he was won of the top scorers in the Belgian league last year ... the same league that produced Kompany, Perisic, Gillet, Fellaini etc. Belgian league and national team are on the up and up.

Again, one of Belgium's strongest club signed him for a 3.5 year contract - which says a lot. Which other Iranian striker would get such a contract?

I don't mind Ghazi at all starting. But Koreans do not know Reza Gh, so it might be a startling revelation for them ... and might surprise them. Dejagah has been training for almost last two weeks, and played vs. Chelsea U21 on Friday, he should be good and at full-fitness by time we play S. Korea.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
i rather we go with
Against lebanon CQ played with 1 forward and 2 DMs. Do you think he will have 3 forwards against SK?

payan

Captain
Dec 12, 2002
usa
you didn't give me hard time at all . however there are some truth about what you mentioned the way i like the good malavan players .i see pejaman pretty close to the old school of malavan football. they learn the game of football is a game of team sport, 11 pllayers as one .

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Iran usually do well against good teams if CQ picks the right players then we might get a draw but!!
with karimi and m.nouri and other garbage players in the starting line up then ..... iran 1 South korea 3